Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Batman should just be lithe, fast, and smart. He should beat enemies with planning, trickery, and agility, not by punching them hardest. That's the character.

I mean, according to Bullseye he punches harder than Daredevil. If you've got it, flaunt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
If your superhero uses bows and isn't some kind of back-assward wizard, he is not a superhero. I, personally, shouldn't be able to beat a member of the Justice League with a rifle I bought from loving Walmart.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Screaming Idiot posted:

If your superhero uses bows and isn't some kind of back-assward wizard, he is not a superhero. I, personally, shouldn't be able to beat a member of the Justice League with a rifle I bought from loving Walmart.

That disqualifies a good portion of the Justice League.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Don Gato posted:

In the comics his bow has around a 125 pound draw weight. An English longbowman in the middle ages could reach something like a 110 pound draw weight and it literally deformed their skeletons because of the stresses it put on their bodies. I don't know why games have the archers being skinny, those guys should have some serious muscle on them if they're using anything close to Green Arrow.

They're getting there

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

10 Beers posted:

I mean, according to Bullseye he punches harder than Daredevil. If you've got it, flaunt it.

Wrong imaginary universes.

Or is that :thejoke:

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
Honestly, Superman's physique makes the least sense, there's no barbell big enough for him to be that kind of cut.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I mean Batman's thing is being smart and so physically strong despite being human so it makes sense for him to be drawn as super ripped. It's like Spider-Man having super strength but being more of an agile acrobat so he's drawn with a leaner physique

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Vic posted:

I blame the 90s

His chest looks like a cadillac

When you get around all the time via grappling hook you're going to have a lot of upper body strength.

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Wrong imaginary universes.

Or is that :thejoke:

Nope. It happened in the big Marvel vs DC event of ‘96. Bullseye got teleported to the Batcave, panicked and took Robin hostage, and then got a first-hand lesson in The Goddamn Batman.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Screaming Idiot posted:

Alan Moore wrote a Green Arrow story in the 80s where some rando decides to pick up his own bow and prove that regular people can take on the superheroes, without any dumb supervillain identities, and even manages to wound Black Canary. He subsequently learns that Green Arrow is a much better archer than him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

You'll never win the fight on making Batman thinner. That ship has long sailed.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

RareAcumen posted:

It's like that Mitch Hedberg joke about how escalators can't be "out of order", they become stairs. With that contraption Bruce Wayne can't fail, he becomes the bat.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

I know that's a weight strapped to his back, but my brain keeps interpreting it as an anti-tank mine because he's the goddamn Batman.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
An anti-tank mine, hotglued to the weight.

Batman doesn't slip.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I bet Bruce is banned from every gym in Gotham.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Kennel posted:

I bet Bruce is banned from every gym in Gotham.

Doubtful, because he owns them, and has a Batcave under every single one of them full of increasingly ridiculous bat-gym equipment, including a punching bag with the Joker's face.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

RareAcumen posted:

This is pretty incredible because he could just as easily put his feet on the floor or on a small box and do the same thing

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX
No the incredible thing is how the artist thought human necks work like

Vic has a new favorite as of 00:11 on Oct 20, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Vic posted:

No the incredible thing is how the artist thought human necks work like

Maybe that's alternate universe Bruce Wayne, Owlman.

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

Samuringa posted:

Maybe that's alternate universe Bruce Wayne, Owlman.

Owlman is Thomas Wayne Jr :v:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

RareAcumen posted:

That's why we need, NEED a Batman Beyond movie or game.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Inzombiac posted:

That's why we need, NEED a Batman Beyond movie or game.

With Michael Keaton as Old Bruce.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

PubicMice posted:

Honestly, Superman's physique makes the least sense, there's no barbell big enough for him to be that kind of cut.

He has a gym rigged with red sunlamps.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
In XCOM 2, your goal is to stop the creation of psychic super-beings called Avatars. During the story, you summon an incomplete one with missing HP, and everyone is shocked by the appearance of this new, never-before-seen life form. Then you fight three in the last mission, and that's it.

They just released some freeLC story missions about the days between XCOM 1 and 2, framed by some characters reminiscing. To spice up the difficulty, some Avatars appear patrolling around. No explanation is given other than someone saying "You're not going to believe this, but I swear we fought an Avatar. I don't know how, you're just going to have to trust me. It was the hair."

I appreciated the audacity.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Wrong thread.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
In Soul Calibur VI, each character has a unique voice line when you ring them out.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Back when I played SoulCalibur II and III, I loved all the different pieces of lore and flavor text that were included with the stages, weapons, etc. I'm really happy that's back for the most part in VI. I just started the game and there are already a bunch of different things to read about characters, events, and different weapons you can give your character.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dr Christmas posted:

In XCOM 2, your goal is to stop the creation of psychic super-beings called Avatars. During the story, you summon an incomplete one with missing HP, and everyone is shocked by the appearance of this new, never-before-seen life form. Then you fight three in the last mission, and that's it.

They just released some freeLC story missions about the days between XCOM 1 and 2, framed by some characters reminiscing. To spice up the difficulty, some Avatars appear patrolling around. No explanation is given other than someone saying "You're not going to believe this, but I swear we fought an Avatar. I don't know how, you're just going to have to trust me. It was the hair."

Is the consensus on XCOM 2 still to not buy War of the Chosen if you're playing it on PS4? Something about it crashing people's machines or along those lines.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Dr Christmas posted:

I am pretty sure, especially going by the outcome of the final mission, that is just Bradford loving with people hanging out at the bar with him. And it's great.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

RareAcumen posted:

Is the consensus on XCOM 2 still to not buy War of the Chosen if you're playing it on PS4? Something about it crashing people's machines or along those lines.

vanilla XCOM2 was already a broken mess on my Ps4 so if you managed actually play it, why not make a gamble

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Samuringa posted:

vanilla XCOM2 was already a broken mess on my Ps4 so if you managed actually play it, why not make a gamble

It was a broken slow as molasses thing on PC too from my experience

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Return of the Obra Dinn has some pretty classic Lucas Pope humor

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Len posted:

It was a broken slow as molasses thing on PC too from my experience

Installing XCOM 2 on my SSD was the best decision I've made in that game.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

FactsAreUseless posted:

Batman should just be lithe, fast, and smart. He should beat enemies with planning, trickery, and agility, not by punching them hardest. That's the character.

Agreed.

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds

Listen if Batman can't knock out the beefiest mother fuckers on the planet with one good hook how am I supposed to respect him as a character

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
"Batman" and "respect" should never go in the same sentence, in a positive way.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I mean Batman has always been a big strong dude in like every depiction ever. Not always a giant beef wall like in Arkham mind, but still.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Johnny Aztec posted:

"Batman" and "respect" should never go in the same sentence, in a positive way.

You have to respect his detective skills

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Oid but gold.

In Wolfenstein 1 (the remake) when you aproach a nazi and prepare to do a stealth kill, BJ's breathing gets more excited, almost orgasmic..

Since he is a crazy psycopath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
There's nothing psychopathic about enjoying the murder of Nazis.