Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I really want the big beard to win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
i hope all the lame characters lose and leave the story and all the good characters continue to be in the story.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

blizzardvizard posted:

Yeah uh I know this isn't the most realistic manga but all of that is stretching suspension of disbelief too much for my tastes
Yeah it's pretty dumb and not even particularly interesting

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
what you're telling me that a 13 year old boy that's spent most of his life in a cage can't crush concrete with his bare hands?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I kind of love the concept of there just being a big Fist of the North Star zone in the middle of modern Japan. Hunter x Hunter has a similar thing, but that's like a whole fantasy world.

And yeah, if we're getting this deep into Setsuna's backstory then I don't think he's gonna get any further in the tournament. You gotta ration out these flashbacks, man! Don't just drop 'em all at once, that's how you lose fights!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Buschmaki posted:

i hope all the lame characters lose and leave the story and all the good characters continue to be in the story.

Alas, I have very low hopes for Gaolong beating the Fang.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

what you're telling me that a 13 year old boy that's spent most of his life in a cage can't crush concrete with his bare hands?

That's where I draw the line. :colbert:
I mean he didn't even use a kata or have Rihito's grip factor to do it.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Setsuna and Ohma are actually crossover characters from Violence Jack.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

See, Araki was smart and had it written in that Stand users were always drawn to each other as a way to explain why they keep bumping into each other all the time.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

big yikes that backstory

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kanos posted:

He says that Jun deliberately didn't permanently damage his hearing and he's already capable of holding a normal conversation with Tomari, so his hearing is pretty much fine. The robo-eyes are being treated as a trump card; he was going to bust them out in respect to Jun for sticking through everything before Jun collapsed, and he's currently "testing" them to make sure they work properly for the next match.

Like when he's about to turn them on he talks about being able to fight like a warrior again. That's not "oh no this is my last resort backup" talk, that's "i've been hiding my power level" talk.

Just because his hearing improved somewhat and isn't permanently damaged doesn't mean he's fine and unaffected for the next match, especially since he relies so heavily on hearing (moreso than a normal person) due to his lack of eyesight. It's like someone's vision being made super blurry instead of them being completely blinded.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ytlaya posted:

Just because his hearing improved somewhat and isn't permanently damaged doesn't mean he's fine and unaffected for the next match, especially since he relies so heavily on hearing (moreso than a normal person) due to his lack of eyesight. It's like someone's vision being made super blurry instead of them being completely blinded.

Muteba was locating Seki by smell at the end of that fight.

He'll be fine.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Hell of a goatee on that second mid design picture of Wakatsuki

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

tweet my meat posted:

Hell of a goatee on that second mid design picture of Wakatsuki

Looks just like how he did when he first appeared

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
since everyone here presumably likes martial arts films i highly recommend The Night Comes For Us on netflix. Its an indonesian film and has violence and gore about the level of Muteba vs Meguro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfSisHrUTLM

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I marathoned this manga. Why do I like disgusting eyepoke genocideman now??

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Good fashion sense and he properly pinned Marvelous Seki out of respect.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

He's interesting. Most manga would just leave him as a menacing Africa mercenary. But the genocider from the Congo coast has a more detailed origin as well as several hobbies and passions that go beyond just "is a mercenary" and "is black". An actual 3-dimensional black character is rare in manga. Besides, he's not much more amoral than the typical Kengan Asura character. The tournament has a good share of assassins, battle-crazed maniacs, and serial killers as fighters, with some of the CEOs being just as bad, morally speaking.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yeah he's surprisingly non problematic which is cool

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Danberu also owns, you wouldn't think the horny manga has better infodumps about exercise than a lot of actual fitness things but here we are

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Tonfa posted:

Danberu also owns, you wouldn't think the horny manga has better infodumps about exercise than a lot of actual fitness things but here we are

Came for the tits, stayed for the tits, but the real treasure was the fitness we learned on the way

Also when Hibiki becomes the strongest character in Kengan Ashura because her backstory was already covered in a different comic entirely. Genius meta strategy

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

tweet my meat posted:

Yeah he's surprisingly non problematic which is cool

There is the whole thing about black men being hyper sexual.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
https://mangadex.org/chapter/466470/1

New chapter. Holy poo poo the art on crazy Setsuna's faces.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

thought setsuna would win based on main character connection but i think we have hit PEAK FLASHBACK

get im gensai!

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Believe in the karate that believes in friendship (and vengeance)

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!
Gensai's flashback bait was even better than expected. At this point Setsuna has had not only two chapters of flashbacks of himself but also two chapters named after him. Setsuna's done. Stick a fork or a lance in him, Gensai's going on.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

this is really boring

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it'll stop being boring when gensai fucks him up. gently caress him up, gensai.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Gensai has't even unleashed his TRUE POWER yet. Dude's nicknamed "The Devil's Lance" and he's able to ram his fingers through steel and carve out intricate sculptures from solid stone but he's only been throwing ordinary punches so far.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It makes a lot of sense to get Setsuna out of the tournament now, since Rei vs. Setsuna or any future Setsuna fights would just be the same poo poo. Rakshasha's Palm basically being a OHKO makes it real hard to write fights around.

So gently caress him up Gensai.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Also, it would make Setsuna the secret hidden boss after the tournament.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Gensai dealing with this poo poo is p. badass to me so :shrug:

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
I can't wait for the next fight that doesn't involve anime bullshit martial arts

Aug 24, 2011

Oh Snapple! posted:

gensai dealing with this poo poo will be badass, when it happens, but the hype for the buildup isnt there

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Eh, Gensai being pressed hard while Setsuna pulls one bullshit combination of his stupid moves after another is pretty good build-up. As long as it ends with him thrashing Setsunas stupid face that is.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

I like that he's still effectively just playing defense to let Setsuna get this flashback out.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Magissima posted:

I can't wait for the next fight that doesn't involve anime bullshit martial arts

Uh. Find a different manga, then.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Uh. Find a different manga, then.

Yeah, while I agree that the early parts must've been just intolerable to read, oh my gosh not anime~ We are going to move on to Gaolang vs Fang. And we did have Wakatsuki and Julius, Adam and Cosmo, Akoya, Mutembe, etc.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you don't want anime, maybe don't read manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 24, 2011

i watch anime in freezeframe so that i can read it like a manga