Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.

Pixelponny posted:

Last month I gave OGSE a try with no expectations and I had a blast with it. It might turn some people off, as it is not based on the CoC engine thus does not provide its bug-free gameplay, but OGSE focuses on almost everything that CoC and derivatives don't.

It kicks off at Cordon and follows the Vanilla route to the north of the zone, and surprisingly all of its maps are SHoC versions instead of CS. It gives you some custom quests along the way, including repairing a car, finding a time bomb in the Stalker Village, and hunting for hints for a hidden treasure all throughout the game. But when you can get to Yantar, real fun begins. I had unforgettable moments in Yantar and in other areas the quests sent me (especially in Darkscape). On top of that, game comes up with its own implantation of STALKER lore, which I found a little mind-blowing.

OGSE is a really great mod and runs really well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Can confirm. Before I played CoC I played OGSE as my main mod, and it lives up to its name.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

staberind posted:

Alternativly, everyone in the zone treating anything less than 90% durability like dogshit seems a bit strange, considering how desperate everyone is, so i edited the traders ltx's to reflect that fact.
trudged around selling rust, rags & whatevers not bolted down.
as I got to know who pays decent rubbies for what. built better relations with mercs and army, & could finally afford to repair or buy stuff, it sidestepped about 70% of the meaningless grind.
I've yet to even bother cooking mutant teats and assholes, but i'm pretty sure relying on that and vodka more would probably make becoming blyaaat exomans possible a lot earlier.

Which LTXes do I need to edit for that?

E: found it, you need to unpack the .db* files and it's in config/misc/trade_generic.ltx:buy_item_condition_factor. But it's already set to 0.4, which seems reasonable.

I rolled a new character in Cordon and this is definitely a gentler start, especially since if you tell Fanatic you want some training he'll give you some useful gear (including an Echo!) and show you the ropes. The a-life system definitely results in some weirdness, though.

First attempt: get tutorial quest to kill some boars, a bunch of bandits kill them off screen and then storm the village. I'm gunned down in the ensuing battle.
Second attempt: get tutorial quest to kill some boars, after dealing with them Fanatic snaps and runs north across the map to pick a fight with an entire bandit base. We win, barely, but are badly injured and get killed to death by a different swarm of boars on the way back to the village.

Third attempt: ambushed by cats en route to the boars; no survivors.

ToxicFrog fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Oct 9, 2018

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Those boars can be tough. I could never get Fanatic to survive in Last Day, so I'd leave him behind and then tackle the boars the smart cowards way by climbing those rocks.

OGSE 0.6.9.2 had the toughest boars. I would give them wide berth in that mod. It's quite different from 0.6.9.3 which is a huge overhaul compared to its predecessor that mainly tweaked combat and encounters, didn't add so many quests, mechanics, and graphics. Both are very good.

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

v1ld posted:

Those boars can be tough. I could never get Fanatic to survive in Last Day, so I'd leave him behind and then tackle the boars the smart cowards way by climbing those rocks.

OGSE 0.6.9.2 had the toughest boars. I would give them wide berth in that mod. It's quite different from 0.6.9.3 which is a huge overhaul compared to its predecessor that mainly tweaked combat and encounters, didn't add so many quests, mechanics, and graphics. Both are very good.

Yea, 693 is a huge change over 692. Which is nice, because I've played so much 692 that it was getting stale for me. 693 is a really great mod.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Finally finished the tutorial missions and feel like I'm getting a bit more of a handle on this now. Fanatic's pathfinding broke and he ended up trapped 100m north of the village staring endlessly into the distance, but I was still able to report successful missions to him. Dealt with the bandits at the vehicle depot by luring a bunch of zombies into it, then climbing up onto the roof and gunning them all down while they were focusing on the zombies.

Money-wise I'm doing ok now. Some of the weapons the bandits had were in the good enough condition to sell, and breaking down the rest for spare parts got me enough to pay off the multitool with about 1k left over just from those. I also sold both starting artifacts -- gently caress no I'm not going to keep them around given that they irradiate me even in my backpack now, I'll wait until I find a Bubble or some other radiation-eating artifact first. With all that I was able to afford some more ammo and a lead-lined box for future artifact hunting, since it seems to be fairly lucrative.

All that said, is it just me or is the weapon repair system insanely overcomplicated and overpriced? Like, I can either collect a bunch of gun parts, and multiple (expensive and limited use) repair kits, and some miscellaneous other spare parts, and pay 1000ru for the use of a gun vise...or I can sell all those parts and pay a technician to repair my gun, which is probably cheaper overall if I didn't luck into the gun repair kit in a stash somewhere and is also a lot faster.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

It's not just you. That's the system from Misery and I think Last Day even went further. It's too much stuff. I think they were trying to find a use for all the clutter items and made them all repair parts.

In CoM, it saved a lot of money to repair yourself when going from very low condition to full. So I would do that myself but then use the repair folks for upkeep.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
https://www.moddb.com/mods/sakhalin I'm downloading this now, seems to be an fo4/stalker mashup. will give a trip report later.
Actually, on the subject, for all its jankyness, I rate the xr engine above gamebryo anyday.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

staberind posted:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/sakhalin I'm downloading this now, seems to be an fo4/stalker mashup. will give a trip report later.
Actually, on the subject, for all its jankyness, I rate the xr engine above gamebryo anyday.

I got excited thinking this is a Fallout game on the STALKER engine which would absolutely rock. I assume it's an FO4 mod? The moddb page isn't clear. I never bought FO4 after seeing that it was far more FO3 than FONV.

No kidding on the engines, just watching the character running sideways by running forwards and sliding to the side in a Fallout 76 preview video from this week was enough to bring bad memories. I can't believe they still haven't fixed stuff like that, it was barely ok in New Vegas but silly today.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Yeah it's for FO4.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

v1ld posted:

No kidding on the engines, just watching the character running sideways by running forwards and sliding to the side in a Fallout 76 preview video from this week was enough to bring bad memories. I can't believe they still haven't fixed stuff like that, it was barely ok in New Vegas but silly today.

No Bethesda game has done that since like, FO3 and NV. Are you sure you weren't watching that one parody 76 trailer done in the FO3 engine?

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 12, 2018

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Thankfully there is a diagonal movement mod for New Vegas now. It looks so much better.

Sooner or later FNV modders are going to turn it into a twitch shooter or something. Between the weapon inertia mod, diagonal movement and solid project the animation is miles better than the stock game.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Arcsquad12 posted:

Thankfully there is a diagonal movement mod for New Vegas now. It looks so much better.

Sooner or later FNV modders are going to turn it into a twitch shooter or something. Between the weapon inertia mod, diagonal movement and solid project the animation is miles better than the stock game.

would it be possible to actually do that though? the new vegas is janky as hell

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

drkeiscool posted:

would it be possible to actually do that though? the new vegas is janky as hell

It is janky but there have been mods that turn Vegas into a flight sim or a helicopter game. It's absolutely doable.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
What is the best mod for playing through the SHOC story again? I've played these games many times and am not overly concerned about preserving the 'vanilla experience' but I still want the option of going through the actual plot.

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
In the end, I went with a mostly vanilla Pripyat experience for my third attempt of actually finishing the game, the only mod that changes anything but graphics is stcop weapons. With a bit of supersampling, the game is absolutely gorgeous. If you think dilapidated things look cool, obviously.
Now I only wish building interiors weren't so barren, but I'm assuming the engine would poo poo itself if you added more clutter.

I haven't finished CS either, I should get on that afterwards.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Save often in different slots with CS. Never have I played a game so unwilling to let me beat it. Lot of game breaking glitches around.

GuyonthecoucH
Apr 10, 2004

buglord posted:

Save often in different slots with CS. Never have I played a game so unwilling to let me beat it. Lot of game breaking glitches around.

Seconding this, I had a game breaking crash that happened during one of the end game map transitions and had to find the console command and map name of the section that loads after the transition. CS is buggy even with mods that fix it but it's honestly worth it for the Red Forest. It's way more atmospheric than in SoC and downright scary to explore.

Cephalectomy
Jun 8, 2007

GuyonthecoucH posted:

Seconding this, I had a game breaking crash that happened during one of the end game map transitions and had to find the console command and map name of the section that loads after the transition. CS is buggy even with mods that fix it but it's honestly worth it for the Red Forest. It's way more atmospheric than in SoC and downright scary to explore.

The CoC implementation of red forest is really fun. You get all kinds of factions crossing paths out in the woods getting eaten by monsters and shot down by monolith, and the cave systems are pretty fun to explore even if theres nothing in them usually.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

v1ld posted:

It's not just you. That's the system from Misery and I think Last Day even went further. It's too much stuff. I think they were trying to find a use for all the clutter items and made them all repair parts.

In CoM, it saved a lot of money to repair yourself when going from very low condition to full. So I would do that myself but then use the repair folks for upkeep.

Ok, I think I finally figured out the repair/gunsmithing system, and it's not as stupid and redundant as it looks, it's just explained really badly.

Here's a writeup, for the benefit of anyone else who's confused by the Misery/Last Day/Anomaly system and to help get it organized in my head.

First of all, there are two different kinds of "durability": condition, which is the 0-100 rating familiar from the main STALKER games (but with a bunch of added stuff), and quality, which applies only to weapons and is one of "undamaged", "worn", or "rusted". These are completely independent; you can have a rusty, 100% shotgun or an undamaged 10% rifle. They do different things and are altered in completely different ways.

Condition

This is the usual "how badly damaged is this item" rating. Armour loses it when it gets hit, weapons when you fire them. As it decreases the item gets less and less effective, and weapons will start to jam and misfire. The easiest way to restore this is by taking the item to a technician and paying them to repair it, but this is quite expensive, considerably more expensive than in stock STALKER (where it already wasn't cheap).

A cheaper (but more fiddly) option is field repairs. Anomaly has lots of different repair items, ranging from superglue and cleaning solvent to expensive (and heavy) multi-use maintenance kits. You can use these at any time, but most of them have a minimum condition the item needs to have; glue, for example, can be used to perform minor repairs on armour, but only if its condition is at least 90% already. As a rule, the lower the minimum condition, the bulkier, rarer, and more expensive the repair item is. This means the game strongly favours preventative maintenance, checking your gear after each encounter and patching up minor issues before they become major ones; it's a lot easier to repair an item from 90% to 100% than to repair it from 45% to 50%.

If you're doing field repairs, you can also use repair materials. These are stuff like springs, steel wool, scraps of cloth, etc that you find all over the place and get by disassembling weapons and armour. They do nothing on their own, but when doing field repairs you can also pick a repair material to use, which will increase the effectiveness of the repairs and thus let your repair kits go further. A tube of superglue repairs 3%, but a tube of superglue and some cloth scraps repair 10%.

None of this has anything to do with quality; no amount of repair kits will let you turn a Worn gun into an Undamaged one.

Quality

This applies to weapons only. Each gun is randomly either Undamaged, Worn, or Rusty. Worn or Rusty weapons are less effective than Undamaged ones (I think) and, critically, can't have certain upgrades installed on them. You can change this using the gun vise.

To use a gun vise, you need to bribe the mechanic, unload your gun, remove any modular attachments from it, wield it, and then frob the vise. Once the gun is in the vise you can frob it to access the parts replacement screen. This lets you replace individual parts of the gun like the barrel, trigger, and whatnot. Doing this requires both replacement parts and appropriate maintenance tools, which may be both part and caliber specific (e.g. a 9mm barrel replacement kit). This is a fiddly and expensive pain in the rear end, but has two big advantages:
- when you're done, the gun will be at 85% condition, and
- by replacing Rusty or Worn parts with Undamaged ones, you can change the quality of the gun

I think this is probably not worth it just to repair a gun, unless you coincidentally already have at least some of the necessary parts and equipment, but if you find a really nice weapon that's Worn or Rusty, this lets you upgrade it to Undamaged, getting a bit more performance out of it and unlocking all of its upgrades.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

ToxicFrog posted:

Ok, I think I finally figured out the repair/gunsmithing system, and it's not as stupid and redundant as it looks, it's just explained really badly.

Here's a writeup, for the benefit of anyone else who's confused by the Misery/Last Day/Anomaly system and to help get it organized in my head.

With regards to Misery, there is no gun vise option (as far as I know anyway) so you can't ever change the quality of the gun. If you find a rusty gun, it'll always remain rusty. So it's a smarter move to strip it down to parts with a dismantle kit and use those for repairing your favourite gun(s). Especially if the gun in question is in bad shape and doesn't sell for poo poo.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Stalker 2 looking good so far

it's actually from my road trip that took me through Scranton, PA. Vertical photos because the whole drat place is a canyon

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I'd definitely be down for getting cyka blyat yelled at me there

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

ToxicFrog posted:

Nice and clear writeup! You should add it as an article to Anomaly's moddb page. The repair system confuses everyone and many don't bother to figure it out like you have.

I didn't know of the vise system that lets you change quality, must've been added by Anomaly or possibly Last Day. Interesting idea.

Looks like Anomaly 1.5 will have the inventory expansions and improvements from Dead Air (which require engine tweaks) and also Warfare as an integrated option along with a bunch of other improvements. All of that is from their discord which has regular change updates from the ongoing work. It's the mod I'll play when I'm reunited with my PC in a few months.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

GuyonthecoucH posted:

Heh, when I got to the CNPP to take down Strelok I found a way to fall off the long catwalk you get your first shots on him at, saved the game there, then just walked up and blasted him till I "won" the game. Now any time I reload that save Strelok is frozen in place and invulnerable

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

v1ld posted:

Nice and clear writeup! You should add it as an article to Anomaly's moddb page. The repair system confuses everyone and many don't bother to figure it out like you have.

Thanks! I don't have a moddb account and, honestly, can't be arsed to make one, but if someone who does wants to copy that writeup I have no objections.

quote:

I didn't know of the vise system that lets you change quality, must've been added by Anomaly or possibly Last Day. Interesting idea.

I think, based on patch notes and stuff, that it's an Anomaly addition.

quote:

Looks like Anomaly 1.5 will have the inventory expansions and improvements from Dead Air (which require engine tweaks) and also Warfare as an integrated option along with a bunch of other improvements. All of that is from their discord which has regular change updates from the ongoing work. It's the mod I'll play when I'm reunited with my PC in a few months.

Oh, what inventory expansions? I think my main beefs with the inventory in Anomaly is that the flashlight and artifact detector take up the same slot, and that there's only two weapon slots -- even a dedicated pistol-only "sidearm" slot would be nice.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

ToxicFrog posted:

the flashlight and artifact detector take up the same slot

"Oh сука блять, if only belt had more pouches for potentially life-critical items! Too bad I am not highly-resourceful scavenger in deadly wasteland with skill to fix this!"

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

ToxicFrog posted:

Oh, what inventory expansions? I think my main beefs with the inventory in Anomaly is that the flashlight and artifact detector take up the same slot, and that there's only two weapon slots -- even a dedicated pistol-only "sidearm" slot would be nice.

It seems to be based on the one in Dead Air, but I'm not sure. That added a separate slot for pistols and binocs/knives. Also has a backpack slot so you can add carry weight by equipping them. Here's the image from their discord:

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

v1ld posted:

It seems to be based on the one in Dead Air, but I'm not sure. That added a separate slot for pistols and binocs/knives. Also has a backpack slot so you can add carry weight by equipping them. Here's the image from their discord:

Huh. The backpack is neat, and very welcome. It's not clear that it really adds other slots rather than just making them more obvious, though -- the binoculars, knife, and grenades already had "virtual" slots that were just indicated by hilighting them green in your inventory, this just makes the UI for them more consistent, and it doesn't look like it adds separate flashlight/detector slots or a dedicated pistol slot.

Aah well, it's still an improvement and, as a packrat, I'm stoked for backpacks.

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

Just wanted to add that I'm a decent way into my first playthrough of Shadow of Chernobyl now, and any issues of dated graphics or old mechanics disappeared after the first couple of hours.

I've only had a vague idea of the game story and setting before now and tried to avoid most of this thread. I've just gone through Agroprom and the X-18 lab over the last night. Great stuff all around, it manages to be incredibly tense/creepy as soon as there's even just one new type of mutant getting around in the shadows underground.

No idea how far through the game that point is, but a bit of map jankiness aside it's been a great experience. I'll definitely be giving Clear Sky/CoP a go some time after this.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

I can't remember a non-Russian mod that's added as many new ideas and mechanics as Anomaly since CoC. Check out the #progress channel on their discord for what they're doing in the next version: https://discord.gg/c4RuJNs

Edit: Here're the last two updates.
code:
October 13, 2018
[1:29 PM] Tronex: (2018/10/13) [0.3.2] [Alpha Squads]

- Added alpha squads:
    - on high ranks or really bad repuation, your enemies will put a bounty on your head. 
    - every while and then, one of the enemy factions will send an elite squad to hunt you down.
- Fixed missing disassembly and details options on outfits
- Fixed Mison scope

October 15, 2018
[4:51 PM] Tronex: (2018/10/15) [0.3.3] 

- The "RF Receiver" device from (find the missing squad) quests is a general-use detector now
- You can set up the radio frequency with M1 and M2 buttons while helding the detector (pistol off)
- RF transmitters are set around the zone by many stalkers for various purposes. With the right frequencies, this device might come in handy for catching signals and tracing RF sources.
- Fixed a small mistake in alpha_squads script
- Added backpacks to traders profiles (credit to wushiroll)
- Fixed a case where the game freeze upon choosing "Advanced" tab in debug menu (by tdef)

Kokoro Wish posted:

No Bethesda game has done that since like, FO3 and NV. Are you sure you weren't watching that one parody 76 trailer done in the FO3 engine?

I must've been watching that parody trailer - just checked out some more footage and there's none of that janky animation I remember so well. Haven't played since NV.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Oct 17, 2018

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
I decided to give OGSE a try on Master difficulty, and it lives up to its name, it does a good job of recapturing the magic of playing Shadow of Chernobyl for the first time. It runs smooth as butter, it's translated relatively well, and has some cool new quests. Combat is fast and incredibly lethal, especially in the early game when nobody on either side has any body armor. The series of running gunfights with the bandits in the Garbage made for some thrilling gameplay - dense, closed-in environments with a lot of cover and concealment, plenty of close-range fighting, some friendlies occasionally helping you out, and anomalies and mutants scattered about to keep the fights unpredictable. It's a pretty good showcase of some of the best the game has to offer.

OGSE has so far done an excellent job of feeling hard but fair. Even without the anomaly detector, every anomaly has at least a visual cue and usually has an audio cue telling you it's nearby, so if you get insta-killed by an anomaly while walking down the street, it's usually because you weren't paying attention, either because you lulled yourself into a false sense of security or because you were distracted by something (I've been lured to my death in anomalies by high-value artifacts tantalizingly out of reach more than once now). Enemies can kill the gently caress out of you with incredible speed, often dropping you with a single burst, but they also fall to your shots just as quickly. The AI is good enough to pose a challenge but isn't laser-accurate or telepathic - stealth has been pretty viable so far, and it's possible to poke your head out of cover in a firefight without a dozen pinpoint-accurate shots slamming into your face.

There's something uniquely rewarding about combat in these games when it works well, no other shooter I've played quite captures it. Even failure can be fun occasionally - immediately before writing this, I was killed because a bandit got a lucky hit and shot the loving gun out of my hand, which I didn't even know was possible.

I have a few complaints so far -my primary one is that so far most of the new quests are bullshit pixel hunts where you have to track down hidden objects using incredibly vague and obtuse hints - but overall it's been a great experience, I'm looking forward to playing more

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

I did these small tweaks for OGSE 0693 a while ago: https://www.moddb.com/mods/miscellany-v1ld/downloads/simple-tweaks-for-ogse-0693

I updated it for 2.10R fix 2 but haven't kept up with what's happened since that release - I think that was the last release.

Hit the read more link in the description for the details. I wouldn't use them if you're already happy with the game, frankly. The only actual game mechanic it tweaks is the armor degradation which I restored to AMK rates - 693 had me lugging around a repair suit all the time and it got old after 30-40 hours.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

is there any good non freeplay mods that have come out recently? Aurora and dead air seem neat, but i get bored when there's no goal, and the "story" option doesn't really interest me.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

v1ld posted:

I did these small tweaks for OGSE 0693 a while ago: https://www.moddb.com/mods/miscellany-v1ld/downloads/simple-tweaks-for-ogse-0693

I updated it for 2.10R fix 2 but haven't kept up with what's happened since that release - I think that was the last release.

Hit the read more link in the description for the details. I wouldn't use them if you're already happy with the game, frankly. The only actual game mechanic it tweaks is the armor degradation which I restored to AMK rates - 693 had me lugging around a repair suit all the time and it got old after 30-40 hours.

the last release was 2.11, but for some weird reason it was only released on Russian mod forums and not on the actual moddb page (it's available right here, for the curious: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ozk2k2qm9f7hk/OGSE_0693+Weapon_Addon+HD_textures). Patching it over an English version of 2.10 gave me a perfectly playable English version of the game but with a few minor changes (I'm not 100% sure what was actually changed, to be honest, since all the documentation is in Russian).

Not being able to put anything but pistols in the sidearm slot has been really annoying, if nothing else I'd love to be able to sling a sawn-off shotgun as a panic button in close encounters. I haven't experienced armor degradation yet because my armor is so weak that anything that could damage it would also kill me, but 2-4x vanilla rate sounds positively infuriating.

I'm going to give these a try on 2.11 and see if they work

Mister Bates fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Oct 20, 2018

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Stalker 2 before the end of the world?

Killswitch
Feb 25, 2009

Mister Bates posted:

Not being able to put anything but pistols in the sidearm slot has been really annoying, if nothing else I'd love to be able to sling a sawn-off shotgun as a panic button in close encounters. I haven't experienced armor degradation yet because my armor is so weak that anything that could damage it would also kill me, but 2-4x vanilla rate sounds positively infuriating.

I'm going to give these a try on 2.11 and see if they work

gently caress me yes, the change to block shotguns from the sidearm slot in 693 is really rough, probably my only complaint so far

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
the Agroprom Underground is tough in OGSE, the second and third bloodsuckers both scared the poo poo out of me.

I knew there were two controllers and came prepared, but I actually ended up only having to fight one, because the military killed the other one.

I really like the change from vodka being a cheap antiradiation drug to vodka being a cheap psionic protection, because it means I was fighting my way through the underground towards the controller while drunk off my rear end, and then trying to sneak through the military base while my view swayed all over the place.

Mister Bates fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Oct 20, 2018

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Roobanguy posted:

is there any good non freeplay mods that have come out recently? Aurora and dead air seem neat, but i get bored when there's no goal, and the "story" option doesn't really interest me.

There's a translation of NS 2016 in progress on moddb if you want something big, sprawling, hardcore, and undoubtedly intricate and infuriating. It's chock full of things to do though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XTimmy
Nov 28, 2007
I am Jacks self hatred
Been snooping around but can't find a clear answer: Misery 2.21 I've gone Zanton->Jupiter with Pilot, which means I should be able to walk back on my own correct? Only I can't seem to find where I need to go to get back to Zanton. Any help would be appreciated, don't wanna buy another stove!