Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Of course

No use in getting hyped about fights nowadays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

coconono posted:

so khaboob isn't actually gonna fight Mayweather and its just one of my friends being really dumb, right?

:shrug: Floyd just told TMZ there's a 70% chance it happens. Considering we spent years thinking there was a 0% chance when the exact same stuff was said to the exact same source about a Conor fight with him, who knows anymore

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 19, 2018

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Wouldn't it be a hoot if Khabib actually won? I mean, I know he won't, but just imagine.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

I just laughed at the goat roll in a doctors office.

I ain’t mad.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Rockhold with a Tito-esque list of injuries

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Weidman jacare would be sick! Has that not happened already somehow?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm more interested in Weidman-Jacare than the Rockhold rematch.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
it will likely look similar to the kelvin / jacare fight only jacare has even less of a chance to get a takedown.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/mikebohnmma/status/1053381850649907200?s=21

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Poirier is accusing Diaz of 'playing games' and that's why their fight didn't happen, which is an intriguingly Diaz-esque position to take.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I thought it was injury?

Edit--it was definitely injury. At least when nick says "every fight I lost I fuckin won" it makes sense and it's true. Accusing someone of playing games from a hospital bed using Wile. E. Coyote signs is 🙄

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Oct 20, 2018

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rockhold in August: back at AKA https://www.instagram.com/p/BnAfzN1hPSE/

Rockhold in October: https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1053412554960265217

JHomer722
Jul 30, 2006

And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you.

andelazo posted:

What makes Whittaker so strong in wrestling defence despite being Australian, and, I believe, training in Sydney? I met him maybe 6 years ago and his MT clinch was at best workable, so his improvement is amazes me.

I don’t know if this is germane to Whitaker’s style, but people without a wrestling background can actually benefit by not having a natural instinct to wrestle. Like if someone’s fighting for hand control or hooks, clamming up and tucking your elbows in can actually shut the offense down. Wrestlers don’t do it cause it’s stalling, but in mma it’s defense.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

It really needs to be Weidman vs Branch for the New York title on the line

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

LobsterMobster posted:

It really needs to be Weidman vs Branch for the New York title on the line

Completely illegitimate while Phil Baroni still walks this earth.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Flaskraven posted:

I saw this posted on r/mma and it's the hardest I've ever laughed at an mma move
https://streamable.com/gr0wn

He reminds me of my cat

PONEYBOY
Jul 31, 2013

JHomer722 posted:

I don’t know if this is germane to Whitaker’s style, but people without a wrestling background can actually benefit by not having a natural instinct to wrestle. Like if someone’s fighting for hand control or hooks, clamming up and tucking your elbows in can actually shut the offense down. Wrestlers don’t do it cause it’s stalling, but in mma it’s defense.

That’s actually a really interesting idea that I’d not considered. Thinking back, even when I shifted from Greco & MT into actual MMA I was really surprised at how well I held up against collegiate wrestlers singles and doubles with no real sprawling practice. Think Whittaker was a pretty good rugby player and made a choice to do MMA instead so some of that likely crosses over.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Marching Powder posted:

it will likely look similar to the kelvin / jacare fight only jacare has even less of a chance to get a takedown.

i think if jacare hits weidman the way kelvin did the fight's gonna be over.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Stay in UFC and do commentary there, DC, you're so much better than WWE (UFC too, but DEFINITELY better than WWE)

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why not do both? Mauro does.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Foul Fowl posted:

i think if jacare hits weidman the way kelvin did the fight's gonna be over.

jacare hits loving hard but he has literally one punch and kelvin is a way more complete boxer

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Jerusalem posted:

Stay in UFC and do commentary there, DC, you're so much better than WWE (UFC too, but DEFINITELY better than WWE)

Remember when UFC hired Todd Grishom for what felt like *checks watch* twelve minutes?

How about WWE hires Michael Schiavello so they get someone equally skilled?

fake edit: according to google grishom works for ufc still, i have literally no idea if this is true or not even on the uk cards i never see him

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Lid posted:

Remember when UFC hired Todd Grishom for what felt like *checks watch* twelve minutes?

fake edit: according to google grishom works for ufc still, i have literally no idea if this is true or not even on the uk cards i never see him

He does their FS1 shows. He also commentates for Glory kickboxing

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Marching Powder posted:

jacare hits loving hard but he has literally one punch and kelvin is a way more complete boxer

that's true but i think when kelvin hit weidman it was just with a left as he was backing up with his hands down. i could see jacare throwing one of those light speed right hands and doing the same. i guess we'll find out, it's a better fight than weidman/rockhold imo.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Lid posted:

yeah i watch every card and i haven't seen grisham in years, even the smaller cards are called by fitzgerald/felder. he's vanished and i'm glad

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Ah so that’s the name of the new commentator. I like him from the one card or so that I remember he called.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
good to see conner and kabob are friends now

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bomju3tF9o4/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=18jshzo7g6f0k

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Body suits? Conor heads? The shirt printed with Conor’s tattoos? A nontrivial amount of effort went into that. I don’t understand, but I guess I don’t need to.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
There were fights tonight right?

no I'm a dumb poo poo goof ball

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

My ex is playing a Castlevania game right now, and the music drat nearly syncs up to the dancing. It's delightful :allears:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Those guys are pretty good. What a weird costume!

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

I.N.R.I posted:

sure .. it could add up to probably even half a pound or so, ive never weighed a dick so admittedly this is a rough estimate. however you could probably save some weight by cutting it off and leaving the balls. but training is about checks and balances .. you have to factor in time lost from surgery + recovery , plus the performance effects of surgery related stress, not being able to gently caress, everyone you know treating you like some kind of freak etc.

this brings me us to the most important question about training for an mma fight: how horny should you get before you jack off

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Did anyone know that Nate Diaz became a father this year?

Seems like something I wouldn’t forget, but I don’t remember hearing about it until now.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

FishBowlRobot posted:

Did anyone know that Nate Diaz became a father this year?

Seems like something I wouldn’t forget, but I don’t remember hearing about it until now.

I think I heard it once and then blocked it from memory due to the statement's inherent absurdity.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dc owns on the mic. I hope the UFC keeps him around.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Dc's call when rose won the title was possibly the worst call in mma history

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

david carmichael posted:

Dc's call when rose won the title was possibly the worst call in mma history

How can anyone be this wrong?

It's shocking.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless