Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noise Machine
Dec 3, 2005

Today is a good day to save.

You put the peeps in the chili and you mix it all up you put the peeps in the chili and you mix it all up

Page snype! if you'll excuse me, I have to go to the bathroom...forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Azhais posted:

Was that Spam? Haven't seen it in that style of container, figured it was manwich or something

They're cans of chili I think

Harrow fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Oct 19, 2018

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
watching

I really have no idea which of the broken people is funniest. (yes i do, it's chidi)

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Your Taint posted:

I'm pretty sure that's how they're gonna play it, yeah. They'll plead their case in front of the judge (again) and there'll be no precedent and she'll be really conflicted and that's how we start off next season.

and by 'next season' you mean 'episode seven'

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Evil Mastermind posted:

I didn't notice this until someone else pointed it out, but: his cart is full of almond milk.

I thought they were boxes of beef broth.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

That was easily, by far, the funniest Chidi has been since the show began. I really hope they continue writing him stuff like that.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

The cans are clearly stagg chili

With some Hormel in red & yellow cans behind it.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe
There're way more than two beans in that can of chili.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

tarlibone posted:

I think once you add the Peeps and the M&M's the amount of beans becomes of secondary importance.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Kaedric posted:

That was easily, by far, the funniest Chidi has been since the show began. I really hope they continue writing him stuff like that.

part of why it's funny is admittedly that he's generally been pretty staid most of the time

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Apparently this is much closer to how Will Harper is in real life, compared to regular Chidi.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

tarlibone posted:

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/one-brother-restaurant/n10678

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
It slightly bothers me that Chidi fell so hard into nihilism, because existentialism exists largely as an answer to that and as a philosophy professor of any stripe, he should have some familiarity with that.

But the chili was so funny that I'll give it a pass.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

inthesto posted:

It slightly bothers me that Chidi fell so hard into nihilism, because existentialism exists largely as an answer to that and as a philosophy professor of any stripe, he should have some familiarity with that.

But the chili was so funny that I'll give it a pass.

I think the difference is that Chidi isn't faced with a universe that is indifferent to him. He's faced with a universe in which he doesn't just not know his future--he knows for a fact that he is doomed and nothing he can do could ever possibly change that. It's harder to turn to existential self-determination when you don't just know that you're in an indifferent universe, but that you're in a universe that isn't indifferent at all, but that your own fate is sealed.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

seaborgium posted:

I think once you add the Peeps and the M&M's the amount of beans becomes of secondary importance.

the most remarkable thing about this week's podcast is learning that they did in fact make that actual chili (peeps and m&ms and all) and that Will Harper actually ate some of it

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Speaking of the podcast, was that D'Arcy doing the VO for the ad this week?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
That was an amazing episode. Broken Chidi is the best thing on television

Pan Dulce posted:

How about a gif instead?

yeah uh I gotta go lie down

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Today I found out I’m gayer than I thought bc of shirtless chidi

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I think Shirtless Chidi is just one of those images that’s worth a point on the Kinsey scale.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
The podcast talked about William Jackson Harper as a Marvel actor and now I can't stop imagining Chidi as Black Panther

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I think about William Jackson Harper as a potential Superman a lot and that thought has doubled as of the gift of shirtless Chidi

Renaissance Spam
Jun 5, 2010

Can it wait a for a bit? I'm in the middle of some *gyrations*

Harrow posted:

I think the difference is that Chidi isn't faced with a universe that is indifferent to him. He's faced with a universe in which he doesn't just not know his future--he knows for a fact that he is doomed and nothing he can do could ever possibly change that. It's harder to turn to existential self-determination when you don't just know that you're in an indifferent universe, but that you're in a universe that isn't indifferent at all, but that your own fate is sealed.

Yeah I mean it's fine to quote foucault and sartre when you have no knowledge of what is coming but want to still have some sense of direction, but when you know "here's what's coming and you're hosed" it definitely kills any urge to strive for greater meaning.

I do think it's interesting that Chidi went for Nietzche though because one thing Nietzche kept pushing was "sure, nihilism, but you have to embrace the suck and continue to strive", which works well with Eleanor's revelation. A self created purpose to make other people's lives better even though it's not gonna do crap for yourself isn't a bad way to embrace nihilism while still trying to be "good".

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
That Jeremy Bearimy scene is my new favorite timeline explanation.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe
I finally got to see the episode. loving Missouri midterm election Senatorial debates.

SunshineDanceParty posted:

That Jeremy Bearimy scene is my new favorite timeline explanation.

"That dot is Tuesdays. And also, sometimes, never."

That is what broke Chidi. The dot on the "i."

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Argue posted:

I hope "Jeremy Bearimy" supplants "Timey Wimey" as the idiom of choice when expressing confusion about how time travel works.

Came to post this. It is the best timeline.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Guys we all know how this ends: this is all a simulation going on inside Janet's mind to upgrade her to a model with sympathy. All of this stuff is to teach her to love humans and not.
NOT.
kill them.
She's slowly being upgraded to Janet.4 in some far off time where robots are easily available but only recently have they been able to make them like humans. All Janets, functionally blank, end up as Bad Janets. Until now!
It's a total rip off of that one Futurama episode and I, for one, am ashamed they'd be so blatant. I plan to never watch this show agasin in protest.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Just chiming in to say this show is absolutely revolutionary and should be the standard by which all future sitcoms are set.

Also Jesus Christ Chidi's abs.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
drat this episode was good. And I understand Chidi because I too went “yeah... ok, Jeremy Beremy... but wtf is the dot in the i”

This show is the best

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Pan Dulce posted:

How about a gif instead?

That was the icing on a fantastic episode. Eleanor didn’t call him ‘surprisingly jacked’ for nothing. I hope Chidi getting sprayed with liquids becomes a regular thing because it’s hilarious every time. Blood last season, sprinkler water this time.

And to lower the tone even more, the water revealed there’s a lot going on on his lower half too. :eyepop:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Soothing Vapors posted:

yeah uh I gotta go lie down

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Today I found out I’m gayer than I thought bc of shirtless chidi

I'm sapphic as gently caress, I'm almost never attracted to guys, but: drat. It's not even just the body, it's the fact that someone with that brain has that body.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

before this episode:

"almost everyone in the main cast of this show is extremely attractive except ted danson because he's too old and chidi who is good looking but nothing amazing"

after this episode

"chidi :stare::love:"

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Weren't folks giving someone poo poo because it was 'creepy' to like Janet in that waitress outfit?

Just... sayin

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Obviously the answer is for Darcy to get jacked for a proper apples to apples comparison

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Kaedric posted:

Weren't folks giving someone poo poo because it was 'creepy' to like Janet in that waitress outfit?

Just... sayin
I believe the exact quote was,

GreyjoyBastard posted:

please do not make the thread creepy thank you

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

I'm sapphic as gently caress, I'm almost never attracted to guys, but: drat. It's not even just the body, it's the fact that someone with that brain has that body.

something very sexual in a platonic way about a grown man built like that wearing a pink shirt slightly too small for him delivering a lecture on nihilism that no sexually awakened human being can ignore

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I'm straight but after that episode I think I may have a thing for Chidi.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm Chidisexual

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
Am I???
Fun Shoe

Your Taint posted:

I'm straight but after that episode I think I may have a thing for Chidi.

I believe you were looking for, "Side note: I might legit be into Chidi."

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
So, would a nihilist let those abs go to flab because nothing matters, or would he maintain them to keep bonetown with literally everybody on the radar, because nothing matters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

eke out posted:

the most remarkable thing about this week's podcast is learning that they did in fact make that actual chili (peeps and m&ms and all) and that Will Harper actually ate some of it

So did Megan Amram, but she got it early because it apparently got worse as stuff melted.