Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Gettin in that fall spirit

Thanks for this. I'm currently at the ER with a patient on my stretcher waiting for a bed, so we're standing against the wall in a main hallway. I now have to explain to a couple nurses why I screamed "what the gently caress!?" while looking at my phone.

Edit: Showed them. Now they're disgusted as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

I was 100% convinced that this was a chili / mac and cheese sandwhich in the style of a sloppy joe. Those dark brown flecks (bacon?) In the middle looked like dark red kidney beans until I zoomed in. Thought the fried chicken was big chunks of ground beef from a pot of chili.

Would eat both the chicken tendie mac and cheese, and the chunky chili burger with mac and cheese I first saw.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Zipperelli. posted:

Thanks for this. I'm currently at the ER with a patient on my stretcher waiting for a bed, so we're standing against the wall in a main hallway. I now have to explain to a couple nurses why I screamed "what the gently caress!?" while looking at my phone.

I'm having trouble imagining what that would even taste like. it has short circuited my brain.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Simulations suggesg the pumpkin would subsume everything but the nastiest, bitterest flavor component of the mustard, ruining both completely.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

WITCHCRAFT posted:

I was 100% convinced that this was a chili / mac and cheese sandwhich in the style of a sloppy joe. Those dark brown flecks (bacon?) In the middle looked like dark red kidney beans until I zoomed in. Thought the fried chicken was big chunks of ground beef from a pot of chili.

Would eat both the chicken tendie mac and cheese, and the chunky chili burger with mac and cheese I first saw.

Yeah I kinda want a chunky chili mac'n'cheese burger now.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame

Zipperelli. posted:

Well, it's still working. I think it's gross as hell too.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

The Snoo posted:

i like spicy foods and snacks but hot cheetos are loving nasty so I'm with you here

Yeah I don't really like them either. You actually can choose from the crushed hot Cheetos, takis or nacho cheese Doritos

Also the jalapeno cheddar cheetos are far superior to hot Cheetos in every way.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I still have affectionate feelings towards the Andy Capps Hot Fries of my youth.

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer

Brawnfire posted:

Oh, yeah, I'm in Rochester. Not big on Black button stuff, actually. Which sucks because it's a popular gift being a local product
Last time I tried Black Button products it was all pretty jet fuel still. Their best thing is their bourbon barrel aged maple syrup.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Zipperelli. posted:

I assume at some point I will end up on an operating table, the doctor cutting away, under local so I'm alert, and suddenly he shrieks "WHAT THE gently caress"

Scuffling between him and the nurses, I grow increasingly agitated, and then finally one of them shows me a photo of loose corn and natto on a donut or something

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Hey, don't badmouth the DoNatto (available soon in NYC and shortly afterwards loving everywhere, probably).

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Data Graham posted:

I assume at some point I will end up on an operating table, the doctor cutting away, under local so I'm alert, and suddenly he shrieks "WHAT THE gently caress"

Scuffling between him and the nurses, I grow increasingly agitated, and then finally one of them shows me a photo of loose corn and natto on a donut or something

Fun fact! Doctors will say something like "there" or "mmmhmmm" if they screw up. At least, that's what a bunch of my doctor clients have told me.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

There's a donut made of dried and powdered natto out there but it apparently tastes mostly like a normal donut.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

And less AFP, more funny:

Sandwich Anarchist has a new favorite as of 16:40 on Oct 20, 2018

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Potato flavored potato chips? Now I've seen everything.

Genuinely awesome art, though.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Isn’t that an Obvious Plant thing?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Data Graham posted:

Thought so too, no logo though

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Data Graham posted:

Cards against humanity bit I think

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Yep, Cards Against Humanity.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

The Bloop posted:

Cards against humanity bit I think

Yep, and they're also actually for sale.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Dixville posted:

Yeah I don't really like them either. You actually can choose from the crushed hot Cheetos, takis or nacho cheese Doritos

Also the jalapeno cheddar cheetos are far superior to hot Cheetos in every way.

I didn’t know what Takis were until a couple years ago when I stumbled across them at some random convenience store on a road trip and now I’m hooked on the super hot ones in the purple bag. There’s a “zombie” one that’s habanero-cucumber and drat if it doesn’t actually taste that way. Only downside is they’re the heaviest dyed snacks I’ve ever encountered and will stain your nails for a day if you don’t promptly wash them or use chopsticks.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Plinkey posted:

https://thetakeout.com/arbys-will-debut-sous-vide-duck-sandwich-to-locations-n-1829784209

:sigh:

I guess I'll be visiting my mom this weekend, since the closest one is about 35 minutes from from her house.

My location only has it for today. It was a good sandwich. The duck was thick and moist. The sauce was tangy, and not too sweet. I thought there'd be more crunch from the onions, and the searing, but there wasn't really any. Overall I think it was a great gimmick promotion.

We also got a camouflage beer cozy.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Yeah not seeing the problem here

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts

Ottermotive Insanity posted:

My location only has it for today. It was a good sandwich. The duck was thick and moist. The sauce was tangy, and not too sweet. I thought there'd be more crunch from the onions, and the searing, but there wasn't really any. Overall I think it was a great gimmick promotion.

We also got a camouflage beer cozy.

At first I thought the reflection was some kind of artistic thing.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

It's Halloween! That means regular food gets dyed black now, apparently

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

bike tory posted:

It's Halloween! That means regular food gets dyed black now, apparently

I just instinctively assume the reason that bread looks like that is because it's full of mold. I know it's coloring but it just looks so wrong

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Scarodactyl posted:

I still have affectionate feelings towards the Andy Capps Hot Fries of my youth.

:hmmyes: :hmmyes: :hmmyes:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

I had a random craving for these the other day for the first time in like...15 years at least?

Was surprised to find they weren’t hot in the slightest, but were pretty tasty. Apparently the “hot” is just a shitload of paprika.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
My grandpas mini fridge contents-

Memories.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Tiggum posted:

If you like it to begin with but find yourself enjoying it less as it goes on, that's not your imagination. Once the quality starts slipping it never picks up again, so don't keep watching in the hope that it will get good again. Under no circumstances should you watch anything beyond season six.
I agree with basically all of this with the exception that you should watch all the way to series seven, episode two "Stoke Me A Clipper" which makes a very good final episode of the series and is also one of my all 'round favorites.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/MurderBryan/status/1053814357128290304

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

My husband bought these along with a bag of sour cream and onion chips a couple months ago

I call them potato flavour.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

MariusLecter posted:

Memories.

Wow who knew I'd discover a long lost relative on the Something Awful forums

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Picnic Princess posted:

There's a donut made of dried and powdered natto out there but it apparently tastes mostly like a normal donut.

A local donut place has started doing one with habanero sauce icing on it and I am too horrified to even try it

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

Picnic Princess posted:

My husband bought these along with a bag of sour cream and onion chips a couple months ago

I call them potato flavour.

Those crumbled would make a very good casserole topping.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dannywilson posted:

Those crumbled would make a very good casserole topping.

midwestwhite.txt

But, yeah quite possibly

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

The Bloop posted:

midwestwhite.txt

But, yeah quite possibly

Ope. Lemme scooch around there hun.

As far as I can get from the midwest and still be in the fiddy, but had SO MANY minnesoda/wishconshin teachers growing up.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

MariusLecter posted:

Memories.

Your grandpa kept hot fries in his mini fridge? Why?

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Zipperelli. posted:

Your grandpa kept hot fries in his mini fridge? Why?
Because he just wanted normal, non-hot fries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Starch is hygroscopic so once they're opened the fridge will keep them crisper in a humid climate.