Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

titties posted:

I mean to be fair we ruined the economy by cheating and doomed those who came after to a life of envy and suffering i can't believe i became my parents

I like this analogy because the millenials look up to us crying cheater and griefer while we have fun with our friends playing golf and patronizing expensive organizations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Sell people their own train cars. And you can decorate each one with items you can only buy for real money.

Sell people their own train companies that unlock missions that you can grind for literal days(or pay a not so nominal fee) so you can buy upgrades to your battle trains that you will need to protect yourself from other players battle trains.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
I wonder is GTA:O's ridiculous high prices for things were due to the fact everyone used to do the sell you're car dupe thing to make loads of cash.

Then I remember the reason I used to do it were the repetitive missions and terrible rewards for competing them.

I'm more for RDR2 because of the single player but I do hope the Multiplayer is alot less grindy and more fun

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

VoLaTiLe posted:

I wonder is GTA:O's ridiculous high prices for things were due to the fact everyone used to do the sell you're car dupe thing to make loads of cash.

Then I remember the reason I used to do it were the repetitive missions and terrible rewards for competing them.

I'm more for RDR2 because of the single player but I do hope the Multiplayer is alot less grindy and more fun

GTA:O's ridiculous high prices for things were due to the fact that a bunch of people put $1000 into the loving game to buy all the things to the point where they've made over a billion loving dollars on shark cards.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Like I understand people spending real life money on gtao because you can get a flying motorcycle or a tank car or a techno magic gun or poo poo like that. What can the Wild West era offer you, a lovely car, a fatter horse

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
dude i am just gonna dress as the Man in black and try to be a weird monster.

GrumpyGoesWest
Apr 9, 2015

Dapper_Swindler posted:

dude i am just gonna dress as the Man in black and try to be a weird monster.

The gunslingers will follow.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

god I can’t wait for this loving game

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I just finished my watch-through of RDR1. :smith:

I've played enough GTA5 to know how the new game is probably gonna flow in practice but on a YouTube playthrough of story mode only the old game is incredibly repetitive.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

one of the first things I'll do is rob a train and share the cash with you lot, we'll all be riding lamborghinis before the month is out.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

GrumpyGoesWest posted:

The gunslingers will follow.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Will we be able to play online coop right away, or is that not until November with the rest?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Will we be able to play online coop right away, or is that not until November with the rest?

Mid-November

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Spend a minute with single player bro. it seems like you won’t get bored with it for a while.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

FBS posted:

I just finished my watch-through of RDR1. :smith:

I've played enough GTA5 to know how the new game is probably gonna flow in practice but on a YouTube playthrough of story mode only the old game is incredibly repetitive.

RDR pretty fun if you treat each fight as an opportunity to see how many hats you can shoot off in the same dead eye.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

HORMELCHILI posted:

the only real issues with gta online are bad netcode and an unfair economy that is leaned to push people to buy shark cards, the rest of the bitching is equivalent to someone rolling a new lvl 1 character in an MMO and wondering why they cant get the flaming armored white tiger mount immediately

Also reproducible bugs remaining in for 4+ years and auto-banning a huge number of players by mistake, telling them to go gently caress themselves, and then quietly reversing the bans without comment.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

DogonCrook posted:

The wrost part of gtaonline is that they never expected to take it this far so none of it is cohesive or thought out and none of it works together very well and if they had a plan from the get go even being greedy it would have been way better. They are going to have to really gently caress up to make it worse than gtao it will at least all fit together better i would think.

They also managed to have a massive falling out with the one guy who championed GTA:O as something other than a throwaway feature, which I think doomed it a little. I still love to log into a private lobby, hop in one of my cars and wipe out somewhere on the highway

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

El Pollo Blanco posted:

RDR pretty fun if you treat each fight as an opportunity to see how many hats you can shoot off in the same dead eye.

https://youtu.be/M2Fm7Dkc5Ag

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
Replaying RDR in preparation. The game is still good, although a bit repetitive. The writing is generally better than GTA, with some weird exceptions where the quests seem pretty disconnected.

Early main quest plot point that seemed weirdly hosed up and tonedeaf even for Rockstar: Toward the end of Bonnie’s questline in Armadillo, when she is kidnapped, there is a lot of banter about Bonnie going to be gang raped. When you rescue her from being hanged, she has obviously been beaten and had her clothes torn. Despite this, John and Bonnie just joke at each other about her being “tied up” and the quest ends.

Some of the Stranger missions seem like they were cut down in content as well. Hopefully these are more fleshed out in RDR2.

ElectricWizard fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 20, 2018

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
The hosed up Mexican pimp, American Appetites, the flowers mission and the opium addict have stuck in my mind over time

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
So that's about it then. 10 minutes or so of actual gameplay footage of the biggest game of all time less than a week before it hits shelves.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nolgthorn posted:

So that's about it then. 10 minutes or so of actual gameplay footage of the biggest game of all time less than a week before it hits shelves.

Yeah, it's pretty nuts how tight they've got this poo poo locked down. I mean, every single preview has been filled with glowing praise so I don't think they're trying to pull a bait and switch on us. Maybe they figure hype is higher if they carefully control the flow of info? Either way I can't wait for the game, I fully expect it to own.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

I have heard smaller retailers don't get the game until nov 6 and everyone else had to sign an additional thing doubly preventing an early release. Soneone streamed 7 mins on instagram and their account was banned, nobody is seeing this thing early.

Doubt any clever hackers are going to figure out how to run the preloaded copies. Impressive feat, all this.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Apparently the weird release date is also affecting GameFly, because after planning to wait and get one of the first copies they send out (then buying it with a discount code)... I just noticed that they have it slated for the 30th, not the 26th. So with the shipping speed, I won't get to play it until November 2nd. :ohdear:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Jesus Rockstar. Your writing isn't your strong point why care bout spoilers so much.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
It's hilarious that one of the things we do know is that there'll be dynamic horse testicles.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I maintain that we wont play as Arthur the whole game

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

I heard the horse testicles not only shrink when you go into water, but in cold climates too

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.twitch.tv/shinra_mako

this man is literally sitting there counting down the seconds out loud until the game releases

E: and has apparently been doing so for over 22 hours so far :psyduck:

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Oct 21, 2018

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Just like a real cowboy :imunfunny:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Edit: Incorrect information

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 21, 2018

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

the_american_dream posted:

The hosed up Mexican pimp, American Appetites, the flowers mission and the opium addict have stuck in my mind over time

"She's naaathing but a feeeelthy steeeenkeeng whooaare".

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
This game is gonna make a million dollars

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

A Sometimes Food posted:

Jesus Rockstar. Your writing isn't your strong point why care bout spoilers so much.

i feel like its more then that. like its either a MGS2 type deal or (and this is probably not true) maybe there is a second game. idk.

DoctorGonzo posted:

I maintain that we wont play as Arthur the whole game

maybe. i think we will play as john or jack in the epilogue.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Has anything been said about performance on the non-pro/x consoles? I have an Xbox One S we got solely for the Bluray player during a great sale. I refuse to buy another console for just this game. Whenever I read/watch praise, it's unclear what platform the person played on.

SaltPig
Jun 21, 2004

Macintosh HD posted:

Has anything been said about performance on the non-pro/x consoles? I have an Xbox One S we got solely for the Bluray player during a great sale. I refuse to buy another console for just this game. Whenever I read/watch praise, it's unclear what platform the person played on.

I think all of the demos/previews have been given on PS4 pros so far.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

The special edition lists one of the bonuses as "GTA$1M Instantly for GTA Online". So that's bonus money I can only use in a separate game or is "GTA Online" a catch-all term for online Rockstar games?

Was gonna go with the special edition but I'm not sure one mission and one outfit is worth an extra $20.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

It's only for GTAO and one million GTA bucks is basically worth nothing in GTAO.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
How many preloaders gonna play this Thursday at 11:56:37
https://youtu.be/nOr0na6mKJQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES

Hobo Clown posted:

The special edition lists one of the bonuses as "GTA$1M Instantly for GTA Online". So that's bonus money I can only use in a separate game or is "GTA Online" a catch-all term for online Rockstar games?

Was gonna go with the special edition but I'm not sure one mission and one outfit is worth an extra $20.

The Xbox One digital preorder for me also stipulated that the GTA$ was specifically for the Xbox One version of GTAO. Which is annoying as I play GTAO on PC.