Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Vietnamwees posted:

I'm just gonna say it now, I think Felicity looks pretty cute with the highlights in her hair.

Also, do you guys think Ra's Al Ghul is gonna be in the big crossover event? I mean he is traditionally thought of as a BATMAN villain.

Well it's an event that involves Batwoman so, no. I don't think so. It'd be nice if Maggie did though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So... pretty obviously Roy as Green Arrow. What with the flipping.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also I kept on expecting the wormy guy to be in on Brick's plan since him showing up seemed a little too convenient.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

TwoPair posted:

I totally forgot Vinnie Jones' character was still alive. I could've sworn he died. Good to see him again though.

Same can't be said for Wildcat tho :laffo:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wildcat did survive but that's only confirmed by Guggenheim's Tumblr, since in the episode he gets pounded into the ground and never shows up again.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

muscles like this! posted:

So... pretty obviously Roy as Green Arrow. What with the flipping.

Maybe, but he had some supernatural / Ultra-science enhancement poo poo going on...

Feenix fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 17, 2018

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Vietnamwees posted:

Also, do you guys think Ra's Al Ghul is gonna be in the big crossover event? I mean he is traditionally thought of as a BATMAN villain.

I'm guessing it will be Bruno Mannheim, they name dropped him on Supergirl last night and he's a big deal for Batwoman.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Things I have not said in some time: “Wow, I really enjoyed that episode of arrow”

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, that was fine. I am giving Arrow one chance and they didn't drop it out of the gate. I would have liked if William had just shot Diaz though.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, that was fine. I am giving Arrow one chance and they didn't drop it out of the gate. I would have liked if William had just shot Diaz though.

This would have been fantastic. The kid shoots him twice in the back, shrugs and asks Felicity why this guy scared the poo poo out of everyone all last year.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

twistedmentat posted:

He had a baseball bat on his door. It's right there!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Bruceski posted:

He had a baseball bat on his door. It's right there!

That would have be way better. Just go all De Niro in Untouchables on Diaz.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/status/1052355353193537537

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

twistedmentat posted:

That would have be way better. Just go all De Niro in Untouchables on Diaz.

It also allows for half measures. Have him freak out and beat Diaz near to death, then Argus shows up. You have Diaz in lockdown (to be disposed of or used later), Will dealing with justifiable but excessive rage and stuff similar to what Ollie's had to wrestle with, and in general a lot of drama they can do interesting things with. This show can go too deep into the melodrama, but they work well with it more than the other CW shows do.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The actual crossover we all want.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Oh god, I just realized Amell would make a great Phase 1 Thor... :stonk:

Just watched the first ep. I bailed last year after the Outsiders arc, so I have no idea what happened in the back half of season 6 other than Diaz already won, so coming in semi-cold to this has been... interesting. Count me among the people who would have loved it if Felicity or William just straight up ganked Diaz out of nowhere. That would have been hilarious.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE posted:

Things I have not said in some time: “Wow, I really enjoyed that episode of arrow”

Surprised the hell out of me, but here I am again.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Vietnamwees posted:

I'm just gonna say it now, I think Felicity looks pretty cute with the highlights in her hair.

Felicity needs to keep the highlights, piercings, and glasses. They’re a perfect balance between goth hacker and nerd girl.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chokes McGee posted:

Felicity needs to keep the highlights, piercings, and glasses. They’re a perfect balance between goth hacker and nerd girl.

Turn those dungarees into some kinda of skirt and you got a deal.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
After rewatching the premiere, I forgot just how brutal the prison fight scenes are.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, Diazs dude being beaten with the weight was insanely brutal.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, Diazs dude being beaten with the weight was insanely brutal.

For me it was “Oh thank god you monologued” and then throwing a pot of scalding coffee in his face. OW!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
That was a great first episode. I hope they can keep up the momentum. Arrow seasons have an unfortunate habit of having great first halves and...less great...second halves. Seasons 1,2, and 5 excepted of course.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Was really hoping this season would be good and it's off to a stellar start for sure. I've ragged about it in the thread many times in the past but one thing that always bugged me is that the fight scenes gradually got worse throughout the show because there was never any impact to them. Sure there's good choreography to them fighting in the warehouses but it's always in the middle of wide open spaces and it's never any fun. Them slamming into walls in the prison shower was fantastic and I'm super glad because him being in prison implies a lot of close quarters combat which I'm hyped for.

I thought Felicity was fine, Diaz is still Diaz, and I'm curious where they plan on taking the Future William storyline.

One question I had: doesn't Old Ollie appear in an episode of Legends? Or was that early enough in the Arrowverse timeline that they could handwave it away with Flashpoint and still have Future William's stuff be with Ollie dead?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sir Potato posted:

One question I had: doesn't Old Ollie appear in an episode of Legends? Or was that early enough in the Arrowverse timeline that they could handwave it away with Flashpoint and still have Future William's stuff be with Ollie dead?

Legends in general operates largely on a :matters: basis w/r/t the timeline of the rest of the Arrowverse. Like how they ended their season with all of time crushed into a single moment and had dinosaurs running around New Londonangeles while Barry and Iris were still all mopey about Savitar over on Flash. And Season 1 Legends has an asterisk the size of Jupiter on it in terms of what mattered and what didn't outside of Snart dying.

The Old Man Ollie episode was really good though and it set up a lot of stuff like Flashpoint changing Dig's kid from a girl to a boy, and Slade's other son.

Best not to think about it.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I haven't finished season 6 yet, but do people know Oliver is both the Hood and the Green Arrow? Because Brick and Bronze Tiger seemed to have a beef with Oliver, but they were captured by the Hood.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

nine-gear scarecrow posted:

Legends in general operates largely on a :matters: basis w/r/t the timeline of the rest of the Arrowverse. Like how they ended their season with all of time crushed into a single moment and had dinosaurs running around New Londonangeles while Barry and Iris were still all mopey about Savitar over on Flash. And Season 1 Legends has an asterisk the size of Jupiter on it in terms of what mattered and what didn't outside of Snart dying.

The Old Man Ollie episode was really good though and it set up a lot of stuff like Flashpoint changing Dig's kid from a girl to a boy, and Slade's other son.

Best not to think about it.

Yeah, I figured with all the poo poo they get up to, nothing there is really long term affecting the other shows, but thought I'd ask. I did like that episode, as well, but I can't imagine they'll take Arrow far enough to get to Old Ollie. Although I briefly grappled with the idea that they might try to be setting up William as a new Arrow in a time jump but can't really see any evidence of that at all.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

SardonicTyrant posted:

I haven't finished season 6 yet, but do people know Oliver is both the Hood and the Green Arrow? Because Brick and Bronze Tiger seemed to have a beef with Oliver, but they were captured by the Hood.

In his public confession, Ollie admitted that he has been the Star City vigilante the entire time and that Roy was just a scapegoat.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Sir Potato posted:

Although I briefly grappled with the idea that they might try to be setting up William as a new Arrow in a time jump but can't really see any evidence of that at all.

I was thinking for a bit that if Gustin and Amell decide to quit, they now have a Future Arrow and a Future Flash... but then you'll have to ramp up the technobabble like 50% more for any theoretical future adventures and the Arrowverse is about at capacity with that as is.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Didn't see it mentioned but apparently they're definitely spending some time in the future as the guy who plays adult William is a series regular for this season.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Yeah, that's gonna be the "flashback" character this season, I assumed every episode would have a few scenes with him.

SardonicTyrant posted:

I know it's a plot point every few seasons that X is the Arrow and now there's a new one called the Green Arrow that's a totally different person you guys... but I have to think that most thinking criminals are going to assume the guy who shoots arrows and fights crime in a suit with a hood is the same guy who was shooting arrows and fighting crime this time last year.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Oh drat.

https://twitter.com/StephenAmell/status/1053191574287396865

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I mean, at this point, do we really need Batman in the Arrowverse? What would he bring to the universe that Oliver can't?

Now, a Bruce Wayne who's not Batman would be pretty cool.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Phenotype posted:

I know it's a plot point every few seasons that X is the Arrow and now there's a new one called the Green Arrow that's a totally different person you guys... but I have to think that most thinking criminals are going to assume the guy who shoots arrows and fights crime in a suit with a hood is the same guy who was shooting arrows and fighting crime this time last year.
Well, if there were only one, yeah. But with the number of people simultaneously going around shooting people with arrows it'd be pretty easy to believe that any two of them were different people. There'd be people obsessively cataloguing the various sightings and cross-referencing them to see which ones might be the same person in a different costume, but most people wouldn't care.

Why hasn't an Arrowverse/Supernatural crossover happened yet?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SardonicTyrant posted:

Now, a Bruce Wayne who's not Batman would be pretty cool.

That is probably the case. We know Bruce Wayne does exist.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Kevin Conroy as Olde Bruce Wayne financing Kate Kane's Batwomaning because he's too decrepit to do it himself.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Callin bullshit. Jensen is def doing a guest appearance.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Callin bullshit. Jensen is def doing a guest appearance.

Maybe he is Bruce but not Batman.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

Tiggum posted:

Well, if there were only one, yeah. But with the number of people simultaneously going around shooting people with arrows it'd be pretty easy to believe that any two of them were different people. There'd be people obsessively cataloguing the various sightings and cross-referencing them to see which ones might be the same person in a different costume, but most people wouldn't care.

Okay now I'm interested. We've got:

Hood
Arrow
Green Arrow
Green Arrow who is a bigger black guy (Are we supposed to know that people can tell the difference?)
Red Arrow
Red Arrow who is a lady (Is this the same Red Arrow?? Super science!)
Black Arrow - Merlyn, who doesn't really fight crime except once in a while with the Green Arrow
Other Black Arrow - Prometheus (Is this really Green Arrow??)
League assassins that randomly shoot people with arrows

Am I missing anyone? I think for most of it Oliver's been pretty much THE vigilante, the others have been obviously his sidekicks or murderous assholes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Arsenal. Who sometimes shoots arrows sometimes doesn't.