Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
There's been a lot of great talk about Immolation, but I've seen every post not even mention Unholy Cult, which I think is totally underrated. The first song along ("Of Martyrs, And Men") is worth the price of admission!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljhLSb-0rM4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

A TURGID FATSO posted:

There's been a lot of great talk about Immolation, but I've seen every post not even mention Unholy Cult, which I think is totally underrated. The first song along ("Of Martyrs, And Men") is worth the price of admission!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljhLSb-0rM4

Rival the Eminent from that album is also insanely sick. As is the title track. It's a good album, yeah.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

Smirr posted:

Rival the Eminent from that album is also insanely sick. As is the title track. It's a good album, yeah.

Dude, that song plus "Sinful Nature"? "Reluctant Messiah"? "Bring Them Down"? C'mon guys, this record loving CRUSHES!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The lesson here is that much like Bolt Thrower, you can't really go wrong with Immolation.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Off to the Revocation show in a bit here :black101:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I like undergang but burpy vocals sound dumb on a bolt thrower cover. I wish there were more BT style shouty punk vocals in death metal but I’ll take what I can get.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I liked the interpretation, but it made me just want to play bolt thrower some more because the original is better.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Dude's rapid-fire vocal delivery is incredible.
Yeah, I love that poo poo, but apparently it's also the reason some people don't like Archspire. Different strokes, I guess.

Dimebags Brain posted:

The lesson here is that much like Bolt Thrower, you can't really go wrong with Immolation.
I can agree with this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNJSfJCXQYM

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Off to the Revocation show in a bit here :black101:

They were great last night, same with everyone else on that tour. Davidson is a crazy good shredder. I'm still exhausted right now.. the bruises from the pit gotta heal by Wednesday to go get more bruises from the Dying Fetus show

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Smirr posted:

yeah title track is my favorite.

are you willing to die for us?
are you willing to die with... USSSSSSsssss

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Thanks for the extra Immolation, those guys loving rip :stwoon:

Smirr posted:

Funny you should say that, Undergang was 100% Realm of Chaos by volume when they started, though they've diluted down to only 50% by now.

e: that video says "pre-Undergang" so you're probably well aware, whoops

No worries, I grew up in the Copenhagen crust scene and you couldn't necessarily know :)

E: I loved 40K crust and Realm of Chaos so much I made my own RoC-inspired band because I liked the idea of a band cribbing off a band cribbing off Bolt Thrower, Eye of Terror. We made two decent songs "Countless Worlds of Slaughter" and "Free Speech is Heresy Unto the God-Emperor of Mankind", but never recorded :/

E: Eye of Terror turned into our urine-themed digital grindcore band, Urinal Cake Grief which didn't record either, that whole time had a lot of wasted potential :haw:

Tias fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Oct 21, 2018

I drive a BBW
Jun 2, 2008
Fun Shoe
I went to go watch a local band that was opening for Decrepit Birth. I've never listened to Decrepit Birth much so was looking forward to it. Turns out Decrepit Birth had to drop off the tour because the lead singer jumped off the stage and no one caught him, and he broke his leg. Internal Bleeding ended up headlining and put on a great show. Arsis was good too. The rest were meh.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I got whacked in the nose so hard by the vocalist for Internal Bleeding. Didn't bleed but my eyes poured for like 10 minutes.

Was pretty loving cool.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Worst injury I've ever had was taking an elbow square to the eye in the pit at a local nu-metal show in high school. Didn't really care for anyone left that was playing, so I went home after the daze wore off.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I got punched in the head in the pit once. It was either Dying Fetus or Cannibal Corpse.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
BOLT THROWER

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
I almost tore my Achilles at a Pig Destroyer pit (I LITERALLY had to get in there during Trojan Whore) and I remember getting my a huge nasty bruise on my knee at a Death Angel show

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Weaponized Cum posted:

I almost tore my Achilles at a Pig Destroyer pit (I LITERALLY had to get in there during Trojan Whore) and I remember getting my a huge nasty bruise on my knee at a Death Angel show

Certain songs you just gotta be in the pit for, every band has 'em. Sculptor of Flesh, Skull hosed, Hammer Smashed Face, Conquer All, Not Suitable For Life...

gently caress, they're not gonna play Not Suitable For Life, are they? :(

venus de lmao fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 22, 2018

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I had broken my ankle a few days before Napalm Death came to town but there was no way I was missing that pit, so I just went in there for a few songs in the middle of the set. Thankfully I was drunk as hell otherwise I would have been in much more pain than I probably was.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
One time I got tippered outside of a Gojira pit

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I destroyed my ankle at..Opeth lol.

It was a real lovely show and they played only their lame prog rock poo poo until the last song when they did Demon of the Fall. I was super drunk and ran into the pit that popped up and somehow managed to turn my ankle pretty badly.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
My only real injury at a show was loving up my ankle real bad in the first few seconds of a Dismember pit, after totally misjudging where in the floor of BB King's a pit was likely to break out

A weird thing happened at that show though. I stumbled back to the bar and grabbed a drink and chewed on some ice to dull the pain, and some guy was staring at me from across the venue—maybe he saw me hobble out of the pit. I had never seen a picture of Will Rahmer before or heard his appearance described, but something was like "oh, that's Will Rahmer" as though this is a completely natural sensation for a person to have (it was Will Rahmer)

Vulture Culture fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Oct 22, 2018

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
At a Damage Plan show I thought I was safely away from the pit, but got suprise speared from behind as some gorilla charged from the back of the hall towards the front .

All I remember is feeling an instantaneous bolt of lightning-pain shooting from my feet, through my spine, up to my head.

I felt nauseous and could barely walk for a few days. :(

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Smacked my mouth off the floor during Suicidal Tendencies. I've been lucky otherwise.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Smacked my head directly against the head of a dude trying to crowdsurf a Warbringer pit. Had to sit down at the bar for Nile.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I don't have any massive injuries to report myself, but my friend destroyed his ankle while Mandowar was playing.

Not Manowar. Mandowar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nPBvSHRHrk

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

I got a concussion at a Limp Bizkit* concert once when someone crowd-surfed and kicked me in the head from behind.

*Look, I was young. We all do stupid poo poo when we're young.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I once saved my life by pulling myself up clutching at the glorious blond manes of a fellow pit warrior, he sure did look like being in pain. Wanted to buy him a beer for that but didn't see him again unfortunately

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

some stage diving dude landed on my knee at Possessed lol

I was expecting it to fill with liquid and ruin my day but luckily adrenaline took care of it

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

KozmoNaut posted:

I don't have any massive injuries to report myself, but my friend destroyed his ankle while Mandowar was playing.

Not Manowar. Mandowar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nPBvSHRHrk

At my first Manowar show, they concludes with playing the Crown and the Ring over the PA as was custom, and suddenly I heard a booming voice behind me going "KØM HØR MY BROTHER UV METAL", and huge rear end Swedish or Norwegian dude wearing chainmail lifted me off the ground in a bear hug and squoze me!

I pressed two ribs and it hurt breathing for another day or so.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Malaria posted:

I destroyed my ankle at..Opeth lol.

It was a real lovely show and they played only their lame prog rock poo poo until the last song when they did Demon of the Fall. I was super drunk and ran into the pit that popped up and somehow managed to turn my ankle pretty badly.

God I'm so glad I saw them while they were still good

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I'm so glad I can accept it when my favorite bands want to add some variety to the formula.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I don't think I've ever been injured at a concert. I tend to stay right on the edge of the pit, though.

The funny thing is when you're at a Slayer concert, the entire place is the pit. That was kind of scary. Dead Skin Mask comes on, there's nowhere safe. Pretty sure even the bathrooms were part of the pit.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I got two broken ribs at a Nine Inch Nails show :laffo:

Seriously, it was the most violent pit I've ever been in.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Tias posted:

At my first Manowar show, they concludes with playing the Crown and the Ring over the PA as was custom, and suddenly I heard a booming voice behind me going "KØM HØR MY BROTHER UV METAL", and huge rear end Swedish or Norwegian dude wearing chainmail lifted me off the ground in a bear hug and squoze me!

I pressed two ribs and it hurt breathing for another day or so.

This is an awesome story

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I lost my sunglasses in the crowd once. :saddowns:

I think it was Amon Amarth

Mr. Pickles
Mar 19, 2014

Amon Amarth are good. I would like to see them again sometime

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Mr. Pickles posted:

I saw them in London, Kentish Town. They were awesome; many years ago now though :(

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dadbod Apocalypse posted:

At a Damage Plan show I thought I was safely away from the pit, but got suprise speared from behind as some gorilla charged from the back of the hall towards the front .

All I remember is feeling an instantaneous bolt of lightning-pain shooting from my feet, through my spine, up to my head.

I felt nauseous and could barely walk for a few days. :(

I was expecting a Nathan Gale joke here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Mr. Pickles posted:

Saw them at Wacken, never saw so many crowdsurfing going on ever. Also, thousands of people yelling ODIN at the same time commanded by Hegg was more fun then it should be.