Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

if you don't want anime, maybe don't read manga.

But then you get stuff like Dungeon Meshi where anime doesn't factor into things at all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

where the red fern gropes posted:

i watch anime in freezeframe so that i can read it like a manga

I read one punch man, but flip through the pages so I can pretend it's anime.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Man, everyone just beats the crap out of Setsuna in his flashbacks.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
setsuna sucks and why hasn't gensai just stuck his fingers through his heart by now

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I believe in the Devil Lance.

This fight has been pretty interesting, I like that Setsuna is finally using more than just those two techniques, although it turns out he has a pretty good excuse for it (those being literally the only extant techniques of his style). Gensai is a good foil to him, and it would feel appropriate for something he tossed aside in his mad quest to gently caress Ohma to come back to bite him.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Joseance posted:

setsuna sucks and why hasn't gensai just stuck his fingers through his heart by now

he's a slippery little bastard

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I'm starting to think Gensai is just a surprisingly defensive fighter in general. He might also be taking his time because he enjoys fighting but I get the feeling he's observing them so he knows he'll hit with his move before he throws it.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I haven't seen a face like that since Hisoka.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
The beard!

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

my parents boyfriend posted:

I'm starting to think Gensai is just a surprisingly defensive fighter in general. He might also be taking his time because he enjoys fighting but I get the feeling he's observing them so he knows he'll hit with his move before he throws it.

I think this is what Erioh meant when he said Gensai's style was good for "defeating" unlike most assassination styles.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

It's paid off super well for him. Just through defense and observation he's gotten Setsuna to reveal a good amount of nasty poo poo that could have made for a pretty horrible surprise in the middle of an attack. It's the kind of thing I really dig, which is probably why I'm enjoying this more than others are. I believe in the beard.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It's the same as when he beat Rihito, he let him show off what he had then busted out the lances and ended him

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

i watch anime in freezeframe so that i can read it like a manga

How long does it take to watch an episode of one piece?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/467203/1

well that happened

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Who's the Jobber now?

Aug 24, 2011

Plutonis posted:

Who's the Jobber now?

we all knew gensai was going to job

his job is loving people up

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Devil Lance can pierce any armor.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

The Devil Lance can pierce any armor.

Including the ones made from plot... Hell, at this point it makes me wonder if Ohma will actually get to the finals, if to even win. The Old Man is dead set to be the final boss though,

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Setsuna got Bearded.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

aww yeaaaah

this chapter is jam-packed with action but i'll give a shout out to the moment where setsuna tries to flick blood at gensai's eyes, only for gensai to unflinchingly keep them open

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

hell yeah

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well that was something. At least we know that Rei won't Mockey Kiryu though.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Gensai's gonna win this because out of all these idiots he's the only one concentrating on preserving as much of his strength and power as possible each match.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

K Prime posted:

Gensai's gonna win this because out of all these idiots he's the only one concentrating on preserving as much of his strength and power as possible each match.

Also he's been going through as few flashbacks as possible each match.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

wow legit surprised by this result wtf

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lol ohma and setsuna's feud ended up not having any effect on the tournament at all

also, SHION OMAKE CHAPTER. the raddest lady in a manga full of rad ladies finally gets her time to shine!

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

Also he's been going through as few flashbacks as possible each match.

That's a vital part of preserving your strength.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Yeah I think Gensai takes down that side at this point.

So Bando vs sen coming up since Bando got *MEDICINE* that magically cures that stuff MURDERDOC gave him. so DEATHMEDSTUDENT will fight Sen... and lose since Sen has been set up as a major player.

Gaolong will go down to fang. Now Fang vs Sen is maybe in the air but I think Fang beats his rear end then loses to Gensai in the fourth round.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

gensai and agito both have ties to Niko. I'm still fo the view that Niko is the only person that Agito has ever lost to

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
not the first time he's been penetrated by an old man

Aug 24, 2011

gensai is in serious danger of losing to fang at this point, fang has already made one friend (okubo) while gensai has made zero

gaolang has made one friend (kaneda) which means he's on equal footing with agito. prior friendship with saw paing would give him the advantage but unfortunately he made the foolish error of breaking that off right before his match

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Oct 21, 2018

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Finally, Hanafusa has someone to dissect.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

we all knew gensai was going to job

his job is loving people up
jumped out of my seat at that final line despite having read raws

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I can see any of the next 4 fighters making it to the semis, though the fang is the favorite to make it of course. Gensai beating Rei is all but assured, and I think he of all people has the highest chance of beating the fang (not counting Ohma’s protagonist advantage)

Prediction: Gensai advances to the finals

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

if gensai was at full strength i could see him beating agito but he's just lost the use of an arm

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Kuroki Gensai is the world's most powerful jobber

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Joseance posted:

if gensai was at full strength i could see him beating agito but he's just lost the use of an arm

I dont think fang is going to walk out of the gaolang fight unscathed. We know the characters power is directly proportional to how crazy you can make a face and gaolang still hasn't shown us his murder face.

Gensai is going to absolutely gently caress up ninja boy though RIP

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Joseance posted:

It was only three fingers, actually.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

RareAcumen posted:

It was only three fingers, actually.

he took a Rakshasha's Palm shot to his left arm but idk how serious it was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

he took a Rakshasha's Palm shot to his left arm but idk how serious it was

He's moving pretty well despite that so I don't think it's too bad.

Much better than Nikkaido.