Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

raverrn posted:

Khora is absolutely fine and good. It's only when compared to warframes that are invincible, make their teammates invincible, murder the entire enemy strength at range without line of sight, or do some combination of those that she falters.

To be fair that list isn't short.

What is this list anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
khora's strong, but to get the full effect you need to sink an awful lot of forma into her and her cat.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

khora was still pretty fine at launch but some youtube people like to have a tantrum if something isn't just 'press one button and everything dies'

and then for some reason people will parrot the same bullshit for even years after the fact no matter what changes/buffs/nerfs have happened in the meanwhile because that would involve actually using the thing in question instead of just getting irate about the concept of the thing

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

khora's strong, but to get the full effect you need to sink an awful lot of forma into her and her cat.

it really doesn't take much of anything to be able to easily handle a full round of sorties with her, anything beyond is just gravy

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

i put up the big map and point myself at red triangles that i can see for a mile away because of double enemy radar and i push 1 and the red triangles disappear

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Arglebargle III posted:

What is this list anyway?

Rhino, Saryn, Valkyr, Mesa, Nidus, Nezha, Nekros, Equinox, Limbo, Chroma, Inaros, Nova, Mirage, Trinity, Volt, Oberon, Octavia, Gara, Frost...

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Flytrap posted:

T-the second most powerful sidearm on the game at the Atmos' only rival?!

I had 4 forma in it before the balance pass. I think Sonicor is still more popular than it atm. Although me using it with Mirage in missions to cover the entire map in death missiles might entice others to use it.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Arglebargle III posted:

I'm trying to level vauban at the moment and it sucks. Advice?

Hyrdon or NOS. Get carried. Get to 30. Sell if it's non prime. If it's Prime - there are a handful of cases where Vauban is not useless - but for the most part Vauban has been powercrept into obsolescence by other frames.

Vauban can still be useful CC with Batille and Votex modded with Perpetual Vortex and bounce pads can be set in front of hacking terminals in interception to prevent the mobs from capturing them.

Unfortunately as a frame, he does not bring anything to the table in terms of genocide in a game where vast majority of the missions revolve around destroying a people and their way of life.

What it comes down to is that there is almost no scenario outside of interception missions where almost any other frame would not have contributed more to the team.

I think that Vauban is in desperate need of some ability to do some serious damage as teslas are extremely underwhelming.

I hope one day he gets a rework but I think to make him good they would need a serious rework of his abilities as either a better support class or some way to do significant damage.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

What is a good mix of range/duration/eff/power for a frame like Gara? curious how much I'll need to forma her to make use of her splinters.

This is my build, and I love it ever so much

I've got thirty eight seconds of splinters with this build, which is more than enough since you should be casting her 4 > 1 combo basically every time you've got the energy. You want lots of range and strength as well, as much as you can manage, because the 4 > 1 generates a massive, powerful explosion that can clear the entire map. I basically turn where I'm standing into the epicenter of a sixty meter diameter glass cloud that ends all life.

With a good stat stick, something with lots of +damage and +elemental, her 1 and her 4 get to some insane damage levels, which in turn beef up her 2 to the point of madness :twisted:

Basically, put your 2 up at the start of the mission, do the 1 > 4 combo regularly (don't make your 4s very big for this, remember that only things on the outside of the wall get glassed), hold your 1 to sweep mobs away in a hurry, and sometimes press 3 by mistake :v:

But no matter how you choose to build her, just please don't make her Bad Frost. Her wall isn't for long term protection, it's just the bell you ring when it's time for a glass dinner :haw:

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012

Yapping Eevee posted:

Edit: I think that my rocket pistol is still probably my dumbest riven'd secondary.

It took me awhile to actually believe that yes, that is effing 130k+38k dmg on that thing. But other than the seething envy whatup exploding secondary riven buddy.

Damage is actually higher than the numbers show since Talons do an extra 150% dmg after landing.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
It's time to bring the big guns. Check this one out:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Zernach posted:

It took me awhile to actually believe that yes, that is effing 130k+38k dmg on that thing. But other than the seething envy whatup exploding secondary riven buddy.

Damage is actually higher than the numbers show since Talons do an extra 150% dmg after landing.

To be fair, the Angstrom damage numbers assumes you're firing the full load at once. 4 rockets base with multishot means that you're getting effectively 11.2 rockets per shot. Running the numbers, that's actually about 15k per rocket, which is still more than enough to kick one's entire rear end multiple times over if you slip up.

This also means that if you were to go with a single-rocket build and toss the multishot, you could load up even more damage. The listed damage would go down, but the damage per rocket would rise. :getin:

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

jfc pubbies are utterly retarded at this Halloween alert mission.

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Pipski posted:

jfc pubbies are utterly retarded at this Halloween alert mission.

Solo it.

It's hell with pubbies.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

FileNotFound posted:

Solo it.

It's hell with pubbies.

probably the way to go, yeah

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Pipski posted:

probably the way to go, yeah

Limbo, rush, rejuvination + coaction drift. A pair of cyphers.

Enjoy your reactor.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n

Tsurupettan posted:

i put up the big map and point myself at red triangles that i can see for a mile away because of double enemy radar and i push 1 and the red triangles disappear

Using the enlarged version of the minimap would make things easier, wouldn't it.

I've been flicking my eyes away from the corner minimap right before attacks to make sure I land the whip in the right spot. :downs:

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
So I got a hate riven, shockingly has 5 dispo and looks like I can make it a decent crit weapon. Might have to polish this turd a bit.

Also I discovered a crit and damage linked kavat will 2 shot a simaris target if you have chroma’s buffs up. That was fun. :suicide:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

with so many cool things coming up i just want it all to happen already. at least they've definitively said november for fortuna, but god it could be a while for that atlas deluxe bundle.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Bloody Emissary posted:

Using the enlarged version of the minimap would make things easier, wouldn't it.

I've been flicking my eyes away from the corner minimap right before attacks to make sure I land the whip in the right spot. :downs:

Can I just be honest and say that I just always have the large minimap up whenever I'm not in the Plains?

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Sordas Volantyr posted:

Can I just be honest and say that I just always have the large minimap up whenever I'm not in the Plains?

same, lowest transparency and big map all day

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Sordas Volantyr posted:

Same here.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I'm really looking forward to any and all new tile sets because I have the current ones burned into my mind and only ever navigate by mission icon and player name. My map is for searching for not-enemies with enemy radar and animal instinct. I'll use it for finding groups of enemies for certain murder frames, and khora's whip, but beyond that I find it pretty hard to get lost.

Really hoping for some hard to navigate caves in Fortuna and neat vertical spaces with the gas city rework.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I can't believe they're finally buffing Nyx and Titania at the same time, it's like they just got to all of my whiny forum posts all at once

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

I can't believe they're finally buffing Nyx and Titania at the same time, it's like they just got to all of my whiny forum posts all at once

They are?

Incidentally, I finally got Harrow Systems after a frankly ludicrous number of Defection missions. Got all the ingredients to start cooking the dude himself tomorrow afternoon, yay!

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Titania's only real buff is getting Vacuum in Razorwing mode. Sure her other ability is letting you get 100% of the buff with a single press but...

They're still the Titania buffs. So the move has gone from 'just crack the button off of your controller/keyboard' to 'Nah...nah.'

EDIT: Well okay, the tether on your Lantern should make it much more effective CC, as hilarious as it was to watch your enemies gently float away forever.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 21, 2018

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

FunkyFjord posted:

neat vertical spaces with the gas city rework.

Considering none of the enemies, or even the way the game is played can handle vertical combat/movement in a fun and streamlined manner...

It's safe to say that lots of vertical will probably not be happening

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

nerdz posted:

Check this one out:
Kulstar is great fun, especially when you give it to a sortie defense target. Shame all explodey weapons are implemented in a lovely way that is guaranteed to gib you if you're in the same zipcode when it hits.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'd like if vauban had a 'gently caress nullifiers' button. that alone would make him worth using.

"Why don't they just make the airplanes warframes out of the same material as the block box vauban abilities?"

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Flytrap posted:

Titania's only real buff is getting Vacuum in Razorwing mode. Sure her other ability is letting you get 100% of the buff with a single press but...

They're still the Titania buffs. So the move has gone from 'just crack the button off of your controller/keyboard' to 'Nah...nah.'

EDIT: Well okay, the tether on your Lantern should make it much more effective CC, as hilarious as it was to watch your enemies gently float away forever.

titania's already really good, buffs to make her 2 and 3 not an active hindrance to your team/your mental health are about all she needed

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there's very little change if you never use anything other than 4. with vacuum you can divebomb the ground periodically to refill on energy but it's not like exiting and reentering razorwing was an arduous process.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Two quick questions:

Hideo Dogjima was my Inaros' best friend, but I feel like he doesn't do as much for Saryn (and is starting to die too often and I feel guilted into rezzing him). I'm thinking of replacing it with a sentinel I don't have to worry as much about, that can also add some extra statuses to take advantage of. Would I be fine with just about any sentinel + the taxon weapon's cold beam proc? Or the mod that spreads cold around the sentinel? I have Taxon, Diriga, Wyrm, and Helios Prime at the moment to choose from.

I'm also trying to decide on a good condition overload melee weapon to invest in for Saryn. Is it worthwhile to actually craft polearm zaws if you don't have maiming strike? Every time I see polearm builds they seem to be focused around slide. I had been considering building a heavy blade zaw, but I also have a Galatine Prime and a Gram Prime sitting around waiting for me to increase my MR by 1 or 2. Kronen Prime look pretty cool yet don't have a lot of reach, but would their high attack speed make them worthwhile?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Two quick questions:

Hideo Dogjima was my Inaros' best friend, but I feel like he doesn't do as much for Saryn (and is starting to die too often and I feel guilted into rezzing him). I'm thinking of replacing it with a sentinel I don't have to worry as much about, that can also add some extra statuses to take advantage of. Would I be fine with just about any sentinel + the taxon weapon's cold beam proc? Or the mod that spreads cold around the sentinel? I have Taxon, Diriga, Wyrm, and Helios Prime at the moment to choose from.

I'm also trying to decide on a good condition overload melee weapon to invest in for Saryn. Is it worthwhile to actually craft polearm zaws if you don't have maiming strike? Every time I see polearm builds they seem to be focused around slide. I had been considering building a heavy blade zaw, but I also have a Galatine Prime and a Gram Prime sitting around waiting for me to increase my MR by 1 or 2. Kronen Prime look pretty cool yet don't have a lot of reach, but would their high attack speed make them worthwhile?

Doggos and Catte's HP scales with your Warframe's HP. Inaros has HP to spare, Saryn doesn't. Which sentinel you use really doesn't matter, what matters is equipping that sentinel with Artax (Taxon's gun), then squeezing as much range out of it as you can. The Sentinel's freezing aura mod is a pitiful 3m radius and anything that gets that close to you is either going to die very soon or has already been tagged by Artax.

There are lots of good Condition Overload weapons and yes polearm zaws are very good for condo. https://semlar.com/zawcalc/7312 is my go-to. It has enough base status to reach 90+ status using dualstats and enough crit to provide some extra kick. Kronen P looks cool and that's all it has going for it. Tonfas are almost as bad as scythes, their reach is godawful.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Would I be fine with just about any sentinel + the taxon weapon's cold beam proc?

yes, i use carrier p + artax, it's nice and easy. works great, gives me ammo, provides cold procs for CO, no problems.

i think helios can only run deconstructor? maybe? but otherwise any sentinel you want is fine

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Psion posted:

yes, i use carrier p + artax, it's nice and easy. works great, gives me ammo, provides cold procs for CO, no problems.

i think helios can only run deconstructor? maybe? but otherwise any sentinel you want is fine

Rather, only Helios can run deconstructor. Decon is neat in that you can build it for maximum attack speed and maximum bounce count and maximum flight speed, then equip the dualstat +60/+60 element mods to bring its status up to 80-90%, and have yourself a rapid fire Rad/Viral pinball machine around you any time your sentinel decides it doesn't like people's faces.

Edit: Also Deconstructor homes in on enemy heads, it's all headshots all the time with that thing.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Dethcube's new mod might make it an okay Artax boat if you are melee-ing stuff and want to spawn blue orbs everywhere.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Tylana posted:

Dethcube's new mod might make it an okay Artax boat if you are melee-ing stuff and want to spawn blue orbs everywhere.

Hm, thats a good point, I haven't built one yet and could use the mastery so I can get up to MR13 faster. Might also take another look at Deconstuctor, I didn't actually pay much attention to it before.

Looking at heavy blades, how do Gram/Galatine/Dokrahm Zaw (?) stack up? From the perspective of wanting a status or crit/status type build? I could build a Zaw now, get Galatine in a few days, and probably Gram looking forward a couple weeks.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)

Tylana posted:

This is a terrible idea if you want the energy generation to happen more than twice every ten minutes!

Sentinels obsessively target just one target at a time when using the Artax, and Dethcube's new Precept just wants Dethcube to hit as much poo poo as possible (killing it is irrelevant). Ergo, Sweeper with a bunch of multishot, fire rate, and maybe an accuracy malus somewhere (Vicious Spread, I guess) is the way to go

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Sordas Volantyr posted:

This is a terrible idea if you want the energy generation to happen more than twice every ten minutes!

Sentinels obsessively target just one target at a time when using the Artax, and Dethcube's new Precept just wants Dethcube to hit as much poo poo as possible (killing it is irrelevant). Ergo, Sweeper with a bunch of multishot, fire rate, and maybe an accuracy malus somewhere (Vicious Spread, I guess) is the way to go

I've been messing with this setup, and if especially if you're meleeing stuff it seems to proc pretty often since you get nice and up close to them. Sweeper can really crank the shots out if you tank the actual damage. I'm curious to see how it works for frames like Valkyr where energy is life for her if you're a hysteria build.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Updated list of rivens for trade - I generally go half market price for goons:
amprex - 10 rolls - junk
atterax - unrolled
dual ether - unrolled
ferrox - 10 rolls - good
grinlok - unrolled - good
hema - 4 rolls - good
lecta - 6 rolls - junk
mutalist cernos - unrolled - good
nukor - unrolled
phage - 1 roll
synapse - unrolled
synapse - 5 rolls - good
zylok - unrolled
I take plat, prime bits, veileds or tempting offers.

DarkDobe fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Oct 21, 2018