Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Can Of Worms posted:

I'm liking Diddy Kong's personality so far. I hope he doesn't end up being an antagonist, although my initial suspicion was that he is the Princess of Cruelty's boss or part of her organization in some way.

The monk? He totally looks like a FF boss, so my guess is that he is the arch enemy in his season lol.

I thought the blue magistrate was some companion of the PoC, and he was twisting the truth all along. It was an interesting twist they are two different factions from Shang's nation. And we finally saw what was his deal: he is the typical blind, cruel 'paladin' of justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I’ll be surprised if Smiling Glasses Man isn’t the big villain. It seemed like they were setting him up to be Lin’s nemesis.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Can Of Worms posted:

I'm liking Diddy Kong's personality so far. I hope he doesn't end up being an antagonist, although my initial suspicion was that he is the Princess of Cruelty's boss or part of her organization in some way.

Something about his personality makes me think that he might end up being possessed by the super sword. Having no ego of your own is a recipe disaster when there's a relic that has a thirst for power and destruction laying about.

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004
in the next episode preview, are those zombies surrounding our heroes? are we gonna see the return of xíng hài?

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Holy hell this shot, amazing.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I can't get over how evil Di Kong's character design is.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1052045394505416704
:3:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Finally, some good old-fashioned vape wizardry.

I have to say, it's slightly odd having allegiances so clearly drawn this season. I keep expecting a sudden but inevitable betrayal, but I just hope it isn't Lang.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
apparently the sultry Aoi Yuuki sword has the same name and appearance as the talking sword used by Urobuchi's character in TRPG-turned-light-novel, Red Dragon (in anime Chaos Dragon, urobuchi's char and sword are genderswapped)

in Red Dragon too, it's a sword of calamity that seduces whoever sees it

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Space Flower posted:

apparently the sultry Aoi Yuuki sword has the same name and appearance as the talking sword used by Urobuchi's character in TRPG-turned-light-novel, Red Dragon (in anime Chaos Dragon, urobuchi's char and sword are genderswapped)

in Red Dragon too, it's a sword of calamity that seduces whoever sees it

It has, however, also been swanked up to puppetshow standards.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Pretty sure the cop is still just a cop, although now we know he's just as evil as has been hinted at. And he clearly has either a personal vendetta with Shou Fu Kan or his emperor does because he is going way out of his way to frame Shou for everything bad that happens everywhere.

He's definitely not another member of the bug gang because Princess of Cruelty would have probably been pissed he was there since she wanted to kill Shou Fu Kan and retrieve the Index for her boss personally. I do wonder if he's some kind of puppet master himself because his troops were acting way too obedient when he asked them "whose fault is all of this?"

I also noticed he used his sword on the villagers even though in the opening credits he fights with fans.

I'm kinda surprised that Shou Fu Kan wasn't able to heal his poison the same way he knocked it out of the Gen Ki Shu master. That's weird and confusing to me. Speaking of that old guy, gently caress him. He's mind bogglingly stupid. I think it's cool that his bodyguards are Named Characters now. I hope they get to do some cool stuff.

No idea what's up with Monk Guy. I thought he was going to be the main villain but he seemed pretty genuine. Not what I was expecting at all. If what he says is true he might also be from Shou Fu Kan's home country or maybe even somewhere else because he said he was on a pilgrimage or journey of some kind and didn't know who anyone was. If his powers allow him to take on the wounds and poisons and sicknesses of others and he's made it this far he's probably going to be nearly unkillable, or at least immune to poisons. I want to know how his yin/yang powers translate to fighting though.

Guitar Guy is still the best character because he fights with METAL and all his blows with the guitar sound like laser blaster shots.

Finally, how the hell did Gale find Shou Fu Kan in a random cave? Was he able to track Guitar Guy's footprints or something?

Weed Wolf posted:

in the next episode preview, are those zombies surrounding our heroes? are we gonna see the return of xíng hài?

I hope so! :neckbeard:

Elephant Ambush fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 16, 2018

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

for some reason people who regularly write turbo-nihilistic anime/manga are often super-nice and charming

and on the opposite side you have ghibli's hayao miyazaki who is a complete shithead by all accounts

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm kinda surprised that Shou Fu Kan wasn't able to heal his poison the same way he knocked it out of the Gen Ki Shu master. That's weird and confusing to me.

Basically, your body is a closed system that contains a fixed amount of qi circulating inside you. Poison works by tainting some of your qi (or introducing new tainted qi, depending on the source), which will harm your body as it circulates around. Shang heals Bo Yang Hou by forcing some of his own, healthy qi into Bo Yang Hou, which replaces the qi tainted by the poison, which is expelled by the body as black blood/tar (like the old man healed by the monk).

Shang can't heal himself the same way because he has a fixed amount of qi - he would need qi from an external source to replace the qi tainted by the poison.

e; also yeah, Hunting Fox definitely seems to be a real, if wholly corrupt, magistrate.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 16, 2018

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Elephant Ambush posted:

Pretty sure the cop is still just a cop, although now we know he's just as evil as has been hinted at. And he clearly has either a personal vendetta with Shou Fu Kan or his emperor does because he is going way out of his way to frame Shou for everything bad that happens everywhere.
To me it seems like either he or his emperor really wants to acquire the Index, either because some of the swords in it belonged to the emperor (based on the explanation he gave to the old guy) or the emperor is just power hungry and wants 36 badass swords. I don't think he particularly cares about Shang beyond the fact that he happens to be the person with the Index.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Always so happy when this wispy haired rear end in a top hat shows up...but man, we really need less of the talking instrument. That thing is just comic relief without the comedy and it looks like rear end to boot.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I hope shang blows somebody up!

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The talking pipa owns, actually.

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
I think the talking instrument is great but it really annoys me how it actually has a mouth that opens and closes while everyone else (except rear end in a top hat Cop) just has that weird semi-detached lower lip. It took me all of S1 to stop noticing the fact that their mouths basically don't move at all when they speak and it's hard enough without a billion closeups of that wagging demon-head jaw to remind me of the contrast.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
Wait until you start noticing how most of them have an arm that is a foot longer than the other.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

ElBrak posted:

Wait until you start noticing how most of them have an arm that is a foot longer than the other.

That was one of the first things I noticed in S1. Also everyone is left handed.

And Ryouga owns. Talking metal guitars are cool and Rou Fu You keeps him in line.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Is he saying that line about turning to friends when in need of aid? Because if it is it'll be perfect

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

"can you please not"

"*vapes*"

"gently caress"

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Is he saying that line about turning to friends when in need of aid? Because if it is it'll be perfect

Yeah, that's exactly what he's saying there.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Lol.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Whelp, I actually went ahead and got caught up on both the movie and S2.

That movie was absolutely the raddest poo poo. Those were some excellent action scenes, as well as great moments for some of my favorite characters. (Rest in peace, One-Eyed Impaler - you were far too cool to die in a lame way to a lame villain.) Of course they're all dead now, but that first half of the movie was just breakneck pace battles and even kinda tragic; guess there was just no way for Sha to truly redeem himself with that reputation, and Lin just drove that point home in the most brutal way possible.

Oh, and I guess Lin orchestrated the deaths of dozens of combatants as well as the tourney holders because they annoyed him. Holy poo poo dude. That was METAL. Why the hell did they have to make you a super swordsman, aaaaaarghh

It'll be really interesting where S2 goes, now. S1 was all about the central reveals of the main characters, who rendered the main struggle obsolete in one way or another, some more hilarious than others. Now the cat's out of the bag, everybody knows what their deal is (somewhat), and NOW the show can actually deal with them properly. And right away, we have a villain who's explicitly said to be weaker in a straight fight, but so drat tricky she gives Shang real trouble anyhow. Guess we'll see how the slaughter-happy bureaucrat will be compared to Lin.

I kinda want Syou to genuinely outsmart Lin, cornering him and gloating up a storm - only for Lin to pull out his sword skills. Which makes Syou that he still kinda won. And it makes Lin so mad
Bonus points if Lin loses anyway

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I tried my best.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Waffleman_ posted:

I tried my best.

Nice job!

What game is that?

Also why does he have an eye patch?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Elephant Ambush posted:

Nice job!

What game is that?

Also why does he have an eye patch?

It’s the newly released Soulcalibur VI

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The eyepatch was the closest I could get to the thing on the left side of his face.

E: I've made a slight adjustment

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Oct 19, 2018

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I tried my best.

Cervantes style instead of mitsurugi imo.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Shang was far more difficult.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

Shang was far more difficult.

i'm glad he decided to give everyone else a handicap by using a real sword instead of a lovely branch he found in someone's garbage

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I tried that rear end in a top hat the Enigmatic Gale, but it was a no-go. They don't have hair nearly fabulous enough.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

I tried that rear end in a top hat the Enigmatic Gale, but it was a no-go. They don't have hair nearly fabulous enough.

no video game can glimpse his true nature

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Is it possible to make Tan Hi or Ken San?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think Dan Fei might be possible. This character creator is obviously ill-equipped to handle the elaborateness of wuxia clothes.

Juan also seems feasible.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

I think Dan Fei might be possible. This character creator is obviously ill-equipped to handle the elaborateness of wuxia clothes.

plus there's no option to have the game start rocking out about shadows of eagles when something rad is happening

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Yinlock posted:

plus there's no option to have the game start rocking out about shadows of eagles when something rad is happening

Replace every song in the game with this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpwtG7UT9XA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
https://twitter.com/satoru_minamoto/status/1054330451282800640