Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

New Halloween movie comes out tonight, y'all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAbDvqPFXvQ

https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1052942866866216960

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/ninhotline/status/1053159829089542144

Up on Spotify too (and other streaming platforms, I'm assuming)!

I really like the sound of this so far. Watch me end up liking this more than Bad Witch haha

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/consequence/status/1053336341994500097

:allears:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm at the Boston show now so wish me good The Perfect Drug luck.

Also I'm still not sure I've actually every heard a Jesus Mary Chain song so that should be interesting

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

You've ruined the act, GOB.
Hey fellow Boston show person. I’m waving, do you see me?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Sunday's show at Radio City is on YouTube in 4k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38mpWGx_z74

Also you have heard exactly one JMC song in your life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGp47YwDZ48

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

jtr posted:

Hey fellow Boston show person. I’m waving, do you see me?

Nope!

To bring the topic full circle: god I hope people stands for NIN

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

axelblaze posted:

Nope!

Oh they will. I wanted to stand for J&MC but didn’t want to block anyone behind me. But as soon as NIN even sniff the stage, I’m standing.

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

I can’t wait to see Atticus emerge from the world’s biggest vape cloud.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

axelblaze posted:

Nope!

I see you bringing back the Tension tour jokes.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
No Perfect Drug so to those that have tickets tomorrow's Boston show, I hate you.

Guess I'll have to settle for Happiness in Slavery, All the Love in the World and I'm Afraid of Americans. It was pretty amazing overall though all the standard concert songs he chose to play were the ones I've basically heard every other time I've seen them. I will say that last time I saw them I thought I never really wanted to hear Burn live again because, while it's a great song, it's not played pretty much every time I've seen them great. So I was disappointed when I heard the opening notes of Burn but man they arranged it in a new way and it was incredible so that shuts me up I guess. Also Over and Out especially is amazing live.

Also I think karma came back to me. Everyone did stand including a guy in front of me who had two seat spaces to himself and the way the theater is designed is so the chairs alternate so your view is between those your behind. This guy just sort of stood between the two chairs blocking about 90% of my view. Early on I ask if he could just move over a tiny bit and he does but quickly settles back until it reaches a head where he's swaying back and forth between the two chairs making it so every time I change my view he blocks it again. I put my hand out and slightly nudge him back to the side and he gets all "don't loving touch me bro" and I try to explain the situation and he states he doesn't loving care. It's his spot and he'll do what he wants and I can just deal with it.

And I swear to god if that was one of you I am loving done.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

If Star Wars taught me anything, it was that you had the high ground. You should have sliced off both his legs.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
They took my lightsaber at the door :(

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm really pumped about seeing them. I was a big NIN goth teenage kid but have bizarrely never seen them.

I know Rez smashing his instruments is cliche and everything but I really hope he smashes some poo poo. And plays Terrible Lie but he doesn't have to because I know it is a bit played out. I like it all.

Whatever he plays, I like it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry to say I don't think Trent has smashed his stuff since like the TDS era. Also, even though he hasn't played it much this tour, I hope you get Terrible Lie because it is life changing live.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

axelblaze posted:

I'm sorry to say I don't think Trent has smashed his stuff since like the TDS era. Also, even though he hasn't played it much this tour, I hope you get Terrible Lie because it is life changing live.

He smashed his guitar when I saw him on the With Teeth tour.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0LXZ1nnpzs

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

polyester concept posted:

He smashed his guitar when I saw him on the With Teeth tour.
i was also watching clips and he did this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIfTDxrmw9Y&t=8s

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

i just want some broken keys man

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I guess I should more say it is not the regular thing it used to be. It's now more something he does out of aggrivation than for kicks

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

axelblaze posted:

I guess I should more say it is not the regular thing it used to be. It's now more something he does out of aggrivation than for kicks
Yeah, this. Dude is in his 50s now and he's kind of past the whole smashing instruments phase, except on the rare occasion that something goes wrong. It's not something to realistically expect him to do every show or even every tour.

Though you are pretty much guaranteed to hear Terrible Lie!

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO1K-C6c5ZU&t=19s

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

Pretty Hate Machine came out 29 years ago today. KINDA I WANT TO incoming tonight!

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

I say it's time to bring Ringfinger back into the setlist.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

axelblaze posted:

Also I think karma came back to me. Everyone did stand including a guy in front of me who had two seat spaces to himself and the way the theater is designed is so the chairs alternate so your view is between those your behind. This guy just sort of stood between the two chairs blocking about 90% of my view. Early on I ask if he could just move over a tiny bit and he does but quickly settles back until it reaches a head where he's swaying back and forth between the two chairs making it so every time I change my view he blocks it again. I put my hand out and slightly nudge him back to the side and he gets all "don't loving touch me bro" and I try to explain the situation and he states he doesn't loving care. It's his spot and he'll do what he wants and I can just deal with it.

And I swear to god if that was one of you I am loving done.

Next time go to the ushers/management and claim someone is being belligerent and aggressive to you. You'll either get moved to a different seat, or the other dude will get ejected.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

My Twitter Account posted:

Twist :getin:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Looking up the setlist as it's happening and god damnit they did play the perfect drug tonight :negative:

Edit: I need to stop looking at the setlist for the second Boston NIN show or I might literally die of jealousy

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 21, 2018

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
I got Perfect Drug twice (in DC and NYC), but all I really wanted was Happiness in Slavery which didn't happen on my nights. :(

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I was surprised as hell that they played it that first time, but I'm really surprised they're continuing to play it throughout the tour. drat.

Really hoping for pro-shot footage of it!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
:lol: and of course I got Happiness in Slavery.

Really, part of it is grass is greener BS and if I'm being rational I got three of my favorite songs that I've never seen live (HiS, I'm Afraid of Americans and All the Love in the World) to tonight's one (The Perfect Drug) and on top of that some songs I'd frown tired of were given new life and some of the stuff I hadn't seen that I didn't really care if I saw live also ended up being amazing, but still, I'm gonna whine and feel bad anyways because I'm dumb.

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Oct 21, 2018

motherbox
Jul 19, 2013

I remember being at the ticket counter and the anxiety of flipping the Friday/Saturday coin. Holy gently caress did I pick right. That was INSANE

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

FUUUUUUUU am I happy I went to both nights.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
:sigh:

jtr
Oct 17, 2004

Also, Trent mentioned how he was told that today was the 29th anniversary of PHM's release but that he didn't realize it himself because he doesn't keep track of that type of thing. And that it meant he was in Boston 29.5 years ago then at Synchro Sound for part of the album's production.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?

My Twitter Account posted:

:emptyquote:

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

axelblaze posted:

:lol: and of course I got Happiness in Slavery.

Really, part of it is grass is greener BS and if I'm being rational I got three of my favorite songs that I've never seen live (HiS, I'm Afraid of Americans and All the Love in the World) to tonight's one (The Perfect Drug) and on top of that some songs I'd frown tired of were given new life and some of the stuff I hadn't seen that I didn't really care if I saw live also ended up being amazing, but still, I'm gonna whine and feel bad anyways because I'm dumb.

Yeah I really shouldn't complain either, since I got to hear a couple other favorites for the first time (Big Come Down, The Becoming), and all three shows were amazing in their own way. Still hoping that Trent tours again next summer and we get another shot.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Anonymous John posted:

Next time go to the ushers/management and claim someone is being belligerent and aggressive to you. You'll either get moved to a different seat, or the other dude will get ejected.

Imagine being so lame that you'd tell security and try to get a guy kicked out for this

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

For folks who've been to shows, what's been the rough time for doors/JMC's set/NIN's set?

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Awesome, thank you!

sleepwalkers fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 22, 2018

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

sleepwalkers posted:

For folks who've been to shows, what's been the rough time for doors/JMC's set/NIN's set?

doors 7
first opener 730
jmc 8
nin 915 or so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...