Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revolver Anidav
Feb 12, 2016

"Diamond Dogs? They're pretty good...

But they've got nothing on my doooooooooooooooog...."

Anidav posted:

Yes or No: Do you have a result on Bifauxnen? Is the result worth voting Bifauxnen to lynch today?

Hey, hey, hey!

Nice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Revolver Anidav posted:

Also, what's with the 5 posts in a row Yami?

What do you think it is?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Moatillata posted:

I would prefer not to be a circuit break, as what seems a simpler and easier explanation to me is that revolver copped bif, scum tried to kill him last night and someone protected him

I guess I am a little biased tho

I'm not sure whats simple about a 3 action combo.Compared to the simple explanation of "nk was roleblocked", at least. Not saying that Toal's theory is necessarily the correct one, but it's a pretty viable one.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i have only barely survived til this sunday

Caroline posted:

Okay I officially have no idea what's going on anymore.

not sure what this means. whats so complicated..

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

the rat has to die

Caroline
Aug 29, 2018

I am forced to look for clams like a bird. However, did you know that I am very good at looking for clams like a bird? I am even better at eating them.
Where are these claimed actions that people are saying?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
*smokes cigarette*

"It's quiet... too quiet... I have a theory.

Imagine a world. Perhaps.... our world, and in it there are forces that vie to control the status quo.

Following?

So in this world where forces vie for power and domination. There too exist forces that seek to maintain balance.

Those that seek to control have subverted this timeline's narrative with one of their own construction.

Who is Caroline? What is her significance here? Why is the father not strapped to a rocket to be turbo jettisoned into the sun.

Night demands sacrifice, give way for the day. Kill the father."

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
*rides Fulton balloon to the state fair*

*CQC artery clogging fried foods combat maneuver, smokes cigarette*

*stand-crouch-prone*

"Still too quiet..."

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
*double fists beers while maintaining the security of the world*

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Motherfucker ur deed.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Caroline posted:

Where are these claimed actions that people are saying?

well Revolver hasn't actually claimed anything, he just rocked up to say absolutely nothing but "Bif is scum". He didn't even clarify whether he'd accounted for the busdrive claim, but in any case people assumed he was a cop.

No NK last night might mean he did get targeted and protected, though. Or maybe Toal's roleblock claim could be legit. I think it worked on me N1.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Bifauxnen posted:

well Revolver hasn't actually claimed anything, he just rocked up to say absolutely nothing but "Bif is scum". He didn't even clarify whether he'd accounted for the busdrive claim, but in any case people assumed he was a cop.

No NK last night might mean he did get targeted and protected, though. Or maybe Toal's roleblock claim could be legit. I think it worked on me N1.

No he didn't.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Well, let me rephrase, if he got targetted and protected, I got targeted and protected.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Caroline posted:

Okay I officially have no idea what's going on anymore.

This is very bad tho.

Hi, Caroline! Tell me why you think this is bad, because currently Moat is the best vote with the information we have at hand.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Monathin posted:

Hi, Caroline! Tell me why you think this is bad, because currently Moat is the best vote with the information we have at hand.

Yeah I disagree with this

it's for the reason I said before

You are basically saying that the protective role should have outted themself which is bad

And that since they didn't out themself that means that toals roleblock percentage chance busdrive is what happened

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Moatillata posted:

Yeah I disagree with this

it's for the reason I said before

You are basically saying that the protective role should have outted themself which is bad

And that since they didn't out themself that means that toals roleblock percentage chance busdrive is what happened

Outting a protection role, with no context, is bad.

If the protection/roleblock role has reason to believe their action is the reason for no NK, the person should in fact make this clear, because Town requires more information, and through the potential NK choice, backtrace their thoughts/opinions to reveal a scumbo.

That's good town play, even if it reveals to protection role. Town only succeeds with more information, not less, and you drat well know this.

The fact that you keep going "well it could be ANYTHING, and the fact that if town prevented a NK they haven't spoken up is Good, Actually" leads me to believe you know drat well you're caught, and are scum.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

##vote moat

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

:beerpal: Votecount for Day 3 :beerpal:

Retro Futurist (4): Tommunist, Yami Fenrir, Anomalous Amalgam, imgay
Bifauxnen (2): Moatillata, Revolver Anidav
Moatillata (1): Monathin
Toalpaz (1): Retro Futurist, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Caroline (1): Bifauxnen
Revolver Anidav (0): xiw, xiw
Anidav (0): Yami Fenrir, Yami Fenrir

Not Voting (7): Amoeba102, Anidav, Caroline, GulagDolls, Hal Incandenza, Toalpaz, xiw :rubshands:

With 16 people still alive, it takes 9 votes to execute.
The current deadline is October 22nd, 2018 at 1:30 p.m. AEDT -- that's in about 6 hours, 58 minutes.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Monathin posted:

If the protection/roleblock role has reason to believe their action is the reason for no NK, the person should in fact make this clear, because Town requires more information, and through the potential NK choice, backtrace their thoughts/opinions to reveal a scumbo.

That's good town play, even if it reveals to protection role. Town only succeeds with more information, not less, and you drat well know this.

The fact that you keep going "well it could be ANYTHING, and the fact that if town prevented a NK they haven't spoken up is Good, Actually" leads me to believe you know drat well you're caught, and are scum.

Nah dude I stayed in motherbase last night

Also I just straight up disagree, I think the best play would be for the doc to push for the scumbos lynch without outting their role and if absolutely necessary as a last resort claiming cinch the lynch

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Mafia edit:

To cinch

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I disagree, that's the in-a-vacuum optimal play but it requires you to do all the work yourself which then leads to tunnel visioning, outting the action allows for multiple eyes to look at it, yes, even the scum's, and thus allows more reactions. And there's no guarantee who you think is scum based on that is the actual scumbo.

But this is getting too deep in the weeds for theorizing.

Caroline
Aug 29, 2018

I am forced to look for clams like a bird. However, did you know that I am very good at looking for clams like a bird? I am even better at eating them.

Monathin posted:

No, I think this is bad. :ohdear:

Moat is right that no killing could be lots of different things. It's not a smoking gun enough to vote for someone alone.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Yeah last post on this

but I think the utility of having the doc alive and continuing to protect peeps outweighs a scum lynch

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Okay, then let me ask you, since you're content to say that the kill being prevented could be lots of different things:

What do you think is the reason the kill was prevented, based on the evidence currently in the thread? That's what I'm getting at here, with our current evidence, and no other people stepping forward to counteract Toal (which I think people would like to, considering there are at least a few people who are suspicious of Toal's evolving claim), there's no other reason to suspect why the kill was prevented.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Like "the kill being prevented could be lots of different things!!!" sure is an effective smokescreen with no evidence to back it up, and feels like it's being used solely to discredit Toal's result. That's what's pissing me off.

If you have an actual theory about what happened, say it, otherwise you're wasting everyone's time just saying that it could be "different things", yes, it could, we don't know what's in the setup! The idea of saying it could be anything versus Toal saying that he thinks it's directly responsible is borderline asinine.

Caroline
Aug 29, 2018

Isn't that the same thing as saying someone should claim?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Town needs information. Town does not win without information. This is the entire point of Mafia as a game.

Sometimes, people have to claim so that Town is allowed to piece together the puzzle. This is a natural fact of Mafia as a social game. I claimed early because my self-drive could cause incorrect results, and mean we accidentally lunch a townie. Yes, that person becomes a target to scum, but trading one town for one scum is always in Town's benefit, explicitly.

It is explicitly not in Town's interests to withhold information that could in fact allow a clearer picture of the events that lead to something such as a lack of a Night Kill, especially since withholding the NK is rarely, if ever, in scum's interest. Especially this early.

The fact that Town is dead and currently not able to discuss anything is part of that. Town. Needs. Information. I will say this until I'm blue in the face.

Another thing to consider is that if Moat does flip town (which is a remote possibility, I have considered this), that causes more suspicion to fall on Toal, given his already weird VT into Roleblock-Driver claim.

We cut the Gordian Knot now, we have more information, one way or another. And I think voting Moat is the right way to solve that predicament.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Feeling pretty fuckin susp of you after all this, Caroline. You don't feel like you're debating me in good faith, you feel like you're trying to pin the idea of me rolefishing/baiting out a doctor, if there is one, willy-nilly.

You aren't interested in actually arguing the point with me, you're interested in undermining my logic and trying to make me look worse.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'm going to he honest. I don't really play on weekends. I just have too much on to think about it.
But I'm also busy at work at at best restricted to phone posting. And today will be worse if it is a typical Monday.

Someone paraphrase to me where the thread is at?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

And did Revolver ever give any reason for voting bif? Why even take that play credibly.

Caroline
Aug 29, 2018

Okay

##vote Monathin

Your logic makes no sense, friend. :3:

One town for one scum is fine, but that's not what this is.

Let's say a doctor or jailer comes forward and says "I protected X" what does that gain? You don't know if their target is town, because it could still be this roleblock or if they jailed them they could be protecting them or stopping the kill!

Saying that if Moat is town means Toal should be next is even worse because it could still be another protective role.

No protective roles have flipped. What makes you so certain there isn't one?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I'll play what I can on my bus in, and try to have a vote down because i can't guarantee anything after that.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Don't you loving catface at me.

Also I have suspicion that there might be other protective roles because my self-drive is likely best used as a bodyguard, compared to Toal's actual driver claim.

I might actually be the protective role.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Wait, is mon advocating a chain lynch from town flips? Well 2 people isn't a chain but w/e

Caroline
Aug 29, 2018

Monathin posted:

:kimchi:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Monathin posted:

Also I have suspicion that there might not be other protective roles because my self-drive is likely best used as a bodyguard, compared to Toal's actual driver claim.

I might actually be the protective role.

mafia edit, ffs

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

So RetroFuturist is pre excusing a lynch with etiquette and also has posted less than a N1 kill.

That's on my radar.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Toal is claiming a busblock on Moat to explain the no kill.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Reading Moats post history. A little bit of context may be lost because I just looked at their posts.

Says that the Cube vote was good on D1. But didn't want to commit to it except to hammer. On D2 they said Cube was scummy but the vote was bandwagon was suspicious. This doesn't seem to jive. If they thought they were scummy why not vote. If you thought the vote was too quick why agree to hammer and not argue against it. Others did.

Blindly following Revolvers nothing vote on Bif, filling in the blanks themselves. An interesting prospect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

Wait, is mon advocating a chain lynch from town flips? Well 2 people isn't a chain but w/e

Can someone point out where Mon said to chain lynch.

• Locked thread