Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

The Hambulance posted:

I cooked burgers and hotdogs for my coworkers today. Both from Costco, naturally.

Dogs were boiled and then placed on the grill for a little char. :discourse:

Never boil a dog, microwave if you must, but never boil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT

djfooboo posted:

Amen, you simmer or steam, then pan fry or grill.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
posted this before but the fuckin' Trident beer battered halibut is tits.

you can go fish and chips, fish and veggies, fish and whatever, or put it in a tortilla and you got a freakin' fish taco.

PBUC.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

posted this before but the fuckin' Trident beer battered halibut is tits.

you can go fish and chips, fish and veggies, fish and whatever, or put it in a tortilla and you got a freakin' fish taco.

PBUC.

U gotta deep fry it?

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Moey posted:

Amen, you simmer or steam, then pan fry or grill.

Griddle is also acceptable.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I cook hot dogs by putting them on a sheet of Costco Food Service Foil right under the broiler in the oven and blasting them

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I cook my dogs in a hot diggity dogger

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

raton posted:

U gotta deep fry it?

No! Not at all. Just broil them on tin foil for max crispiness. Just watch them and adjust cooking as such. Its pretty painless.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

Chinatown posted:

No! Not at all. Just broil them on tin foil for max crispiness. Just watch them and adjust cooking as such. Its pretty painless.

If you use parchment paper, it's less greasy, and probably cheaper.

PBUC.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

We bought the Sherpa throw and it only took 2 days before one of the kids claimed it for his own and now the wife is demanding I buy two more.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

FCKGW posted:

We bought the Sherpa throw and it only took 2 days before one of the kids claimed it for his own and now the wife is demanding I buy two more.

My kids have both been along since we got our throw and pr when did blanket last year. When they got them in this year I bought both of them one for Christmas.

Also there is a box of legos they are selling for a really good price too. Not like a set but just multi-colored bricks. I want to say it was 25 bucks for 1k pieces.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

therobit posted:

My kids have both been along since we got our throw and pr when did blanket last year. When they got them in this year I bought both of them one for Christmas.

Also there is a box of legos they are selling for a really good price too. Not like a set but just multi-colored bricks. I want to say it was 25 bucks for 1k pieces.

This is the best type of Legos to buy a kid. Lego models limit creativity.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Peachfart posted:

This is the best type of Legos to buy a kid. Lego models limit creativity.

I know. I was really excited to see they were offering that connection of bricks. My 8 year old is still enjoying legos and my almost 4 year old is just the front she to dig in to the smaller legos.

When my daughter was 3 I bought a 10 gallon tub of duplos for 50 bucks of craigslist and I think it is one of the best purchases I have every made. 5 years later they both play with them.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Just the essentials today :cool:

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Just lol if u aren't already on your second or third sherpa throw

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Do they have sherpa not throws

I don't like throw size

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Yes they have king and queen size sherpas.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Jingleheimer posted:

I have one of every size... I'm not sure why they made the massive king sized one. It's huge... hard to fold, hard to wash and dry, and the Queen is already bigger than your couch so it's more than big enough for 3 naked adults to cuddle under.

SO... the king really feels like overkill.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

GORDON posted:

so it's more than big enough for 3 naked adults to cuddle under

Don’t kink shame.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

My personal office at work has an exit door in it so it can get drafty as gently caress. It's probably a fire hazard but also an excuse to buy another sherpa to wrap myself in at work this winter PBUC

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I like how I went to the west side market, like a farmers market and butcher area with some prepared stuff too, in Cleveland to look for bulgogi and uncooked tortillas but couldn’t find it and yet Costco has both.

Anyone tried their bulgogi and uncooked tortillas? How is it?

Peace be upon Costco

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
The bulgogi is extremely good.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

15.99 for good candy at the co. i bought 2 bags since we don't get so many kids.

imagine if you're one of the bitches that gives out hard candy and other bullshit instead of chocolate like snickers bars and reeses. you're an rear end in a top hat and deserve death. shame on you. buy good candy otherwise you're a dick.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

GORDON posted:

I have one of every size... I'm not sure why they made the massive king sized one. It's huge... hard to fold, hard to wash and dry, and the Queen is already bigger than your couch so it's more than big enough for 3 naked adults to cuddle under.

Maybe it is for your king sized bed you rube!

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Gatts posted:

I like how I went to the west side market, like a farmers market and butcher area with some prepared stuff too, in Cleveland to look for bulgogi and uncooked tortillas but couldn’t find it and yet Costco has both.

Peace be upon Costco

Bulgogi is a good take and bake

Main issue is that even if you have a huge frypan you gotta do it in two batches (it's not a take and bake it's a take and pan fry)

I ain't gonna buy halfcooked tortillas even if some goon comes in here and says it's the best thing in the world so I don't know about that

raton fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Oct 21, 2018

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Do they have twin sherpas for my dad who lives in his chair now and gets cold

Not throw or queen or King, the other size

Also does the sherpa stuff come off if you pull on it with your fingers

I demand you tell me

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I have a queen sized bed but bought a king sized sherp. Would do it again.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

FCKGW posted:

Just the essentials today :cool:

wait just one loving second

onions on the pizza? why didn't I think of that?

Jingleheimer posted:

mine only has queen :( and it's like 12 inches too short in one dimension to fit my queen bed.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

revmoo posted:

Just lol if u aren't already on your second or third sherpa throw

I dont' want to emptyquote this but seriously, this is gospel in our house now.

per person. We each have our own throw, King for me, queen for wife, queen for kiddo.

Flaggy fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 21, 2018

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Hypnolobster posted:

I have a queen sized bed but bought a king sized sherp. Would do it again.

:same:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Gatts posted:

Peace be upon Costco

The uncooked Tortilla Land ones? They own, we grill (them not unlike naan bread) to cook and puff them up, and you can refrigerate them and use the microwave later. They have almost nothing for ingredients either if that's important to you.

My Costco stopped selling them and now I have to go to Walmart in order to get them as there is no other place local that has them, and that's a godamned tragedy.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Thanks!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I'll be honest, there's nothing amazing about the raw tortillas.

The secret is that you can't microwave them like the kind you get at the market. You have to sit and toast them, so they come out crisp and airy.

Granted, they'll be slightly better than the store brands, but really it's all in the prep.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

GORDON posted:

lmao at only having 3 naked adults to sherpa with.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

15.99 for good candy at the co. i bought 2 bags since we don't get so many kids.

imagine if you're one of the bitches that gives out hard candy and other bullshit instead of chocolate like snickers bars and reeses. you're an rear end in a top hat and deserve death. shame on you. buy good candy otherwise you're a dick.

Costco has the full size bars on sale for like $13 for the 30 pack so if you wanna be a boss now is the time to buy my friends.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I only get a max of 5 kids that come by, so I buy king size Snickers and Reese's. It's the best.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I live in socal and it doesn't get cold enough to use a Sherpa throw.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FogHelmut posted:

I live in socal and it doesn't get cold enough to use a Sherpa throw.

same

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Sounds like hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Hambulance
Apr 19, 2011

:20bux:

ASK ME ABOUT MY AWESOME STARTUP IDEA

Pillbug

djfooboo posted:

Costco boils the food court hot dogs, and I believe in the infallibility of the church.

Realtalk: As a rule, I’d never boil a hotdog, but the Costco food court dogs that you buy in the refrigerated section are far too salty when microwaved or grilled. Boiling them for 10 minutes makes them taste better, IMO.