Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Minty posted:

When the event first started, I caught a Beldum. Looked like a Beldum on the map, looked like a Beldum on the catch screen.

It then somehow turned into The Worst Yanma (IV 0%) after catching. What
Ahem.

0% is the BEST yanma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?
Windy weather. Caught like 125+ Beldum. One of them 100%. 7 Shinies.

Also evolved all the new Gen 4 spawning Pokemon and hatched a Shinx. My sister got like 8 new Pokemon with evolves, good spawns, a Torkoal trade, and her first Mewtwo raid.

Good day.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Hatched a male Shinx (woot!), got 3 shiny Metagrossi, and evolved about 4 more. Started with 250 candy, and have about that left now. Also left about 50 Pokemon minifigs around the park, and a few people came up and thanked me for putting them out.

There needs to be more raids during the hours though!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Got 3 good grosses, one really nice shiny out of them. Then got a 98% mewtwo I top it off so that's good I'm happy

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

Minty posted:

When the event first started, I caught a Beldum. Looked like a Beldum on the map, looked like a Beldum on the catch screen.

It then somehow turned into The Worst Yanma (IV 0%) after catching. What

I had the same problem. There was a Gulpin and Furret on the map just before 2, then they turned into Beldum. I caught both of them and they turned back into what they were originally after being caught

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Got 3 metagrosses, one was high 80s and shiny, the other two were just high level. And i got another mewtwo. Pretty good community day.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

pokemon go decided that the ten shiny beldums i caught today just weren't enough

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
gently caress yeah shiny Magby buddy.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
:wtc: When I was doing raids for both my girlfriend's account and mine in the city, I went 0/4 on them, while she went 4/4. This was for a Mewtwo, weather boosted Mewtwo, weather boosted Kirlia, and a Shinx. I failed miserably for my account on all of them. With the Mewtwos, I couldn't even get the ball to shake twice even with Excellent Golden Berry throws, while her account caught with Great. Then the Kirlia on mine busted out of the ball without even shaking, even with a Golden Berry, it was just that determined to make sure my raid record was trash. Are weather boosted raid bosses harder to catch? I've never had a Kirlia be as hard to catch as a Mewtwo before.

And the Shinx? I thought, okay, this is a 1 star, there's no way my account will get screwed for this one too. Nope. For some reason, my phone refused to detect my finger, and kept dropping the ball when I spun it, or when it did recognize it long enough, did the weakest throw ever, and trying to warm up my apparently cold dead fingers and phone wasn't enough. :wtc:

At least I finally caught one on Community Day. This time though, it screwed my girlfriend over, where the game would just freeze with the giant GO letters stuck on screen, and any attempts to re-enter the raid even after restarting just froze it with GO again after making her wait 2 minutes for the countdown, or kicked her right out as it started. I guess it's something with the update, because the game has been freezing for me just trying to evolve or even rename Pokemon.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

82 Beldum. 7 Shiny. No good IV shiny so I'll save them for trades with my wife. Went and bought her and I go-tchas. Neat little things.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Motherfucker, I got an EX pass for a time my kiddo has her doctor appointment. Start putting these raids in the evening god dammit.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Caught 120+ for approximately 800 candy. Used every pinap I had. Evolved 3 with the intent of powering them up for real.

Maybe I was too conservative?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Louisgod posted:

Motherfucker, I got an EX pass for a time my kiddo has her doctor appointment. Start putting these raids in the evening god dammit.

The timing of EX raids is idiotic. They’re effectively walling off anyone with a job, kids, or in school from participating.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Maker Of Shoes posted:

One shiny from a little over two hours of play, pretty crappy from all my other community days. But....

Zen on a 96%. I'm happy

Nice. If you get a fast TM change zen headbutt to bullet punch. It's better to have two moves of the same type here.

Anyway I’d been holding on to this 98% for a while. After evolving so many new beldums I had to purge some to get enough candy for this one.

Pomplamoose fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Oct 22, 2018

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
CALL HIM STALINGROSS

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

BGrifter posted:

The timing of EX raids is idiotic. They’re effectively walling off anyone with a job, kids, or in school from participating.

I mostly play at work, and I live far from work, so literally the only thing that works for me is daytime weekday EX raids. And I have 3 kids and I work 60-70 hours a week.

People have different lives and schedules, that's why they rotate the days and times.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
I didn't really catch any good IV beldum's, though I got one that was 15/8/15. fucker.

one shiny at least

Beastyfella
Mar 5, 2008

I have lost all powers of reading comprehension and counting ability hours ago
I still think an ex pass should be good that day, all day. Or good till you use it anytime. Just let ex raids be totally separate, so pass holders can access a secondary raid even if another one is active.

It would be pretty easy to implement, so long as they had any foresight.... Which we can see they don't, with all the clock blocking so far.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
oh yeah, the EX raid system is total poo poo and almost anything different would be better by default

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I didn't get any perfects but I traded back and forth with one of my walking buddies today and got two 14/14/14 luckys so that was cool.

e: except for the part where it teased me by being "just as impressed" with all three before dropping the "excellent" on me

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Oct 22, 2018

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
This was the fruits of my day (apart from the lovely last one)

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Louisgod posted:

Aren't you the rear end in a top hat who kept laughing at people being upset when they couldn't even get a pass? Or when people couldn't go because they had other poo poo to do?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Cowslips Warren posted:

Aren't you the rear end in a top hat who kept laughing at people being upset when they couldn't even get a pass? Or when people couldn't go because they had other poo poo to do?

Yes, and you can laugh at me too because it’s funny

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Beachcomber posted:

Caught 120+ for approximately 800 candy. Used every pinap I had. Evolved 3 with the intent of powering them up for real.

Maybe I was too conservative?

How did you possibly average more than 6 candy per catch?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

pile of brown posted:

How did you possibly average more than 6 candy per catch?

You get a candy for mulching the ones you don't want

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Themata posted:

Are weather boosted raid bosses harder to catch? I've never had a Kirlia be as hard to catch as a Mewtwo before.

Yes, weather boosted raid bosses are level 25, not level 20.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Lucked my way into a 98% Beldum and Turtwig today.

runawayturtles
Aug 2, 2004

Themata posted:

Are weather boosted raid bosses harder to catch? I've never had a Kirlia be as hard to catch as a Mewtwo before.

Yeah, but it's still not remotely comparable. Mewtwo's base catch rate before any multipliers is 2% and Kirlia's is 8%. Unless you miss a lot of your throws, it kind of sounds like your account has some sort of soft ban.

edit: Oh, read the rest of the post and you did miss a lot of throws. Probably not a ban then.

runawayturtles fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Oct 22, 2018

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Infernape looks like a Stand from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and when I get one I'm naming mine Magician's Red in a way that'll fit the tiny name character limit

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Parrotine posted:

Infernape looks like a Stand from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and when I get one I'm naming mine Magician's Red in a way that'll fit the tiny name character limit

birds aren't apes

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I caught ~170 beldums and only got one shiny. :goleft:

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

Parrotine posted:

Uh we have Blaziken for that.

Famine Poodle
Jul 16, 2011

I have seen all, I have heard all, I have forgotten all.

Parrotine posted:

... not your moltres??

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I was all ready to work myself into a righteous fury about hatching 2 Porygons and a Trapinch from my community day 10ks, but one of the Porygons was 100% :toot:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Prop Wash posted:

I was all ready to work myself into a righteous fury about hatching 2 Porygons and a Trapinch from my community day 10ks, but one of the Porygons was 100% :toot:

Nice just in time for Porygon Z

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Got maps back up here, just for raids, which is sweet. Of course Lord Mouthbreather on discord started whining about how technicaaaaally it's cheating and a violation of TOS. No surprise, he's said that before, even if there's no other real way to do a raid train.

But said fucker has TWO accounts (literally only a number changed between them, 1 and 2) and uses lv checkers. I called him out on his poo poo in a discord chat and he backpedalled fast, saying he wasn't threatening anyone with reporting them to Niantic he was just asking questions. He insisted the second account was his mom's, though the names are the same. And he never ever uses the maps (he just tags along with people that do, complaining that it's cheating, but hey he may as well raid then!). Fucker is also asking for regional trades, and this last whinefest has burned a lot of bridges with people.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Caught roughly 130 beldum, including nine shinies.

My best IVs were a 93% regular and a 98% shiny. Both were around level 20, so I'm saving the rest of the candy to level them up. (Never really saw much over 600cp.)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

My Gotcha caught a shiny shuppet on the bus this morning :hellyeah:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

IcePhoenix posted:

My Gotcha caught a shiny shuppet on the bus this morning :hellyeah:

Another success story!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

We had windy weather all day yesterday so all Beldums were boosted! Caught somewhere around 100 Beldum, got 6 shinies, evolved two with Meteor Mash.

My wife and I started losing our minds after hour 2. "IT'S BELDUM!" "IT'S BEDLAM!" "IT'S BELDUM BEDLAM!!"

And last night before I went to bed I caught a 100IV Duskull. :getin:

Parrotine posted:

Magician's Red Asscheeks