Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Hypnolobster posted:

Sounds like hell.

It was 92 degrees on Friday. It's late October. I grew up near Philly, this never ending constant relentless year round summer heat is like living in the Twilight Zone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The Hambulance posted:

Costco boils the food court hot dogs, and I believe in the infallibility of the church.

Realtalk: As a rule, I’d never boil a hotdog, but the Costco food court dogs that you buy in the refrigerated section are far too salty when microwaved or grilled. Boiling them for 10 minutes makes them taste better, IMO.

It's normal to boil a sausage before you grill or fry it, it's hard to get the middle cooked otherwise which you don't want to do with ground pork

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Ever had beer boiled brats? That's kind of a thing here.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

It was 92 degrees on Friday. It's late October. I grew up near Philly, this never ending constant relentless year round summer heat is like living in the Twilight Zone.

It gets down to the low 50s in the IE, that's Sherpa weather right there!

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Juts booked a 9 day European vacation through Costco. It costs more than a similar trip I was looking at through Groupons but Costco is only giving you 4 and 5 star hotels in city centers within walking distance to all your destinations. The ones on Groupon were all tiny 2-3 star hotels 30min out of town. The Costco deal even includes private pickup from the airport with one of those little dudes holding the sign with your name on it.

PBUC

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

FCKGW posted:

Juts booked a 9 day European vacation through Costco. It costs more than a similar trip I was looking at through Groupons but Costco is only giving you 4 and 5 star hotels in city centers within walking distance to all your destinations. The ones on Groupon were all tiny 2-3 star hotels 30min out of town. The Costco deal even includes private pickup from the airport with one of those little dudes holding the sign with your name on it.

PBUC

Opposite of how I travel but I'm sure your wife will enjoy it

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

FogHelmut posted:

I live in socal and it doesn't get cold enough to use a Sherpa throw.

Same but i found a way around the weather!! I have the fans blasting at night to make the house cold.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

durrneez posted:

Same but i found a way around the weather!! I have the fans blasting at night to make the house cold.

Once upon a time in the tropics I came home and my gf was under a comforter she had bought somewhere with the AC dialed down to 60 and I asked her what she was doing and she said "Having fun"

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Except that wasn't me but that's how the guy who told me that story said it

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

FogHelmut posted:

I live in socal and it doesn't get cold enough to use a Sherpa throw.

i live in phoenix arizona and I bought 3 blankets this year

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

raton posted:

Once upon a time in the tropics I came home and my gf was under a comforter she had bought somewhere with the AC dialed down to 60 and I asked her what she was doing and she said "Having fun"

:3 i like this story

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

durrneez posted:

Whole house fan is on my list. Does Costco sell these?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

Why? She's old. Just push her withered claw out of the way and grab two. If she gives you poo poo just turn to the crying kid and say "ok, there you go, the hungry old lady didn't get them all"

Samples tables create a zone of anti-society. All social norms are gone once another party violates the contract.
This includes getting empty carts the gently caress out if there, or pushing your cart through people just lolligagging about.

society is full of bull poo poo

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

I missed that post. what the heck, if the elderly do not have the refuge of the costco sample table what do they have :(

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

a hole-y ghost posted:

I missed that post. what the heck, if the elderly do not have the refuge of the costco sample table what do they have :(

The cold embrace of death soon?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
ooo i finally understand what you guys were talking about with the queen sherpa. i had only been buying the Life Comfort (?) sherpas, and they are basically just enough for 1 person to hog. but i just saw they had some Monte+Carlos or something queen sherpa for $4 off and its loving huge oh my god. its so much better (but maybe a bit thiner which is fine)

jarlsberg was $4 off so got a block of that with some brussel sprouts, will make some swiss sprouts for dinner here in a few days.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

FCKGW posted:

PBUC

Did Cancun for the honeymoon through Costco. All on the Citi card. Would do it again.

PBUC.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

a hole-y ghost posted:

the guillotine

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

FCKGW posted:

PBUC

Nice! Take your Costco Citi card for no foreign exchange rate fees.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Shoutout to the goon that mentioned that Costco has flannels. Ended up buying some and they're pretty nice.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Shoutout to the goon that mentioned that Costco has flannels. Ended up buying some and they're pretty nice.

I Am Wearing One Right Now

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

AnimeIsTrash posted:

My wife got the comfy Sherpa-Lined flannel and she passed out on the couch with it on.

Sadly, the mens receive no sherpa lining, but the heavyweight flannels are amazing. I feel like Al Borland.
They're also cut in a way that makes my gross fat blob body not look hideous so thanks Costco!

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I Am Wearing One Right Now

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I have broad shoulders and short arms, a bit fat but not too bad, and usually sleeves are too long

The flannel.sleeves are just right PBUC

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
They make them in tall sizes too, so I can refresh my at-home fall-winter wardrobe annually. PBUC.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I have broad shoulders and short arms, a bit fat but not too bad, and usually sleeves are too long

The flannel.sleeves are just right PBUC

My arms are long enough to be a cat meme and the tall ones were perfect.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I went to COSTCO and looked at SHERPA BLANKETS and all they had was Queen ones and I like the other kind of fleece more the rough and creuel kind

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

The COSTCO I went to today had no ONION dispenser, it was a SAD day.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Costco is a terrible place to buy onions

The 20lb bag is too much onion!

Don't you know onions go bad COSTCO you DUMB PRICK

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

raton posted:

eat more onion

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

jerry seinfel posted:

eat more onion

I made pelemeni and varenitikik for parents one time and tey each got a pile of carmelized onions

Neither of them knew what a caremelized onion was somehow and I thought they were joking about "what did you do to the onion" and dad said "fine dpon't tell me whatever"

Anyway they each ate the equivalent of one giant sweet onion with their russian raviolis

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The cool thing about onion is that they tried their best to be poison and that just made us want to eat them more

Garlic too

Peppers

Caffiene

gently caress off plants lol

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

raton posted:

Neither of them knew what a caremelized onion was somehow and I thought they were joking about "what did you do to the onion" and dad said "fine dpon't tell me whatever"

How do you go through life without ever having caramelized onions, amazing

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

raton posted:

Do you have a cool dry place unexposed to sunlight?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

hope and vaseline posted:

How do you go through life without ever having caramelized onions, amazing

The first time my dad ate lamb was when I grilled some when he was about 64 years old

His lamb review: "Oh this is something different!"

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

pacerhimself posted:

Do you have a cool dry place unexposed to sunlight?

They will still go bad pendejo, that's 20lbs I gotta go trhough in like two weeks or its too late

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

raton posted:

They will still go bad pendejo, that's 20lbs I gotta go trhough in like two weeks or its too late

They last for much longer than that if stored properly but most people don't have a root cellar so it's understandable.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

pacerhimself posted:

They last for much longer than that if stored properly but most people don't have a root cellar so it's understandable.

I refuse to take that chance

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

put them in your crawl space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Fallom posted:

put them in your crawl space

thats full of those plastic drums murderers use