Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Bardeh posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/shinra_mako

this man is literally sitting there counting down the seconds out loud until the game releases

E: and has apparently been doing so for over 22 hours so far :psyduck:

H-he's still at it...:stonklol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
Finally preordered, now I have that timer on my PS4 just taunting me. Though I kinda love these last few days of anticipation, with goons jumping from leaked stream to leaked stream, getting hyped and getting mad about spoiling themselves and getting into arguments over something trivial like the reload animation on the revolver or whatever :allears:

As weird as it sounds, have they talked any more about the non-lethal options? So many times in RDR I would've preferred to just knock someone out or threaten them to get them to run away only to inevitably murder everyone I saw. Will be nice to see how much you can avoid murder without lassoing everyone.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

Macrame_God posted:

H-he's still at it...:stonklol:

Isn't that just an audio loop?

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Bardeh posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/shinra_mako

this man is literally sitting there counting down the seconds out loud until the game releases

E: and has apparently been doing so for over 22 hours so far :psyduck:

Modern numbers stations leave a lot to be desired I tell you.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
By buying the physical copy I can sell it again at some point, digital I can't. But buying physical I have no idea when I'm finally going to get ahold of the game because there's no big box stores around, I'm kinda hoping the place I ordered from just show up with it early.

I'll probably not get it until nov sometime.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Mycroft Holmes posted:

there better be a loving gun twirling emote that's just revolver ocelot from mgs3 Doc Holiday from Tombstone

ftfy

https://i.imgur.com/ztL4VOt.mp4

drunkill fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Oct 22, 2018

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nolgthorn posted:

By buying the physical copy I can sell it again at some point, digital I can't. But buying physical I have no idea when I'm finally going to get ahold of the game because there's no big box stores around, I'm kinda hoping the place I ordered from just show up with it early.

At this point I'm half convinced R* have hired an army of PI's to sit outside stores to make sure the game doesn't get out until Friday. That's how tight they seem to have this locked down so far. The biggest release of the year, and arguably of the generation, and the only leak we've seen is a 20 second clip. That is pretty nuts this close to release.

Point being, you ain't gonna get it early dude :( Weren't independent game stores also saying they weren't getting their shipments until a week later in case of early leaks?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Wolfsheim posted:

Finally preordered, now I have that timer on my PS4 just taunting me. Though I kinda love these last few days of anticipation, with goons jumping from leaked stream to leaked stream, getting hyped and getting mad about spoiling themselves and getting into arguments over something trivial like the reload animation on the revolver or whatever :allears:

That reminds me, has anyone heard what any of the radio tracks will be for this game? :v:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
If they were concerned about leaks independent game stores would be getting it Monday at the latest, not into November. It's more likely they just ran into trouble pressing a billion copies of a 2-disc game.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Imagine if the reason Rockstar is so tight lipped about gameplay was because the game was a steaming turd. With Bethesda level bugs and a boring plot :v:

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I wonder how the two discs works. One gets installed and the other is used to play? I am not up for FFVII style disc swap shenanigans in TYOOL 2018.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Sulphagnist posted:

I wonder how the two discs works. One gets installed and the other is used to play?

that is exactly how it works, there have been leaked images of them and one is "install", one is "play"

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Sulphagnist posted:

I wonder how the two discs works. One gets installed and the other is used to play? I am not up for FFVII style disc swap shenanigans in TYOOL 2018.

Pretty sure that's how it works, one install disk one play disk.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

One of the previews mentioned that if you double tap whatever button puts your gun away you’ll twirl it and then put it away.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I miss disk swaps.

Outside of the fact that Sony buy disk drives made out of mashed potatoes for their consoles that die after 5 uses.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

VoLaTiLe posted:

Imagine if the reason Rockstar is so tight lipped about gameplay was because the game was a steaming turd. With Bethesda level bugs and a boring plot :v:

Maybe you're forgetting but RDR1 had Bethesda level bugs, and the plot was mostly 'Marston is repeatedly lied to by someone who says they will help him, Marston gets angry but keeps working with this person anyway, eventually through coincidence the plot advances and Marston moves on to a new area'. Almost every sidequest was 'Marston helps a random person, but whoops they died or failed anyway, no moral'.

The fact that it's still fun to play is a testament to how great the gameplay is, really :shobon:

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
I kinda hope there is a bug or two as magical as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYdCvN-ukRY

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Wolfsheim posted:

Almost every sidequest was 'Marston helps a random person, but whoops they died or failed anyway, no moral'.

I'm at the moment replaying RDR on an XBonX for shits and giggles and this doesn't mesh with what I remember and what I'm currently playing.

Zaa Boogie fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Oct 22, 2018

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

According to Target's weekly ad, they will be selling the game at 9 p.m. local time Thursday night. Plus you get some free pins.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so the game store here still doesnt confirm if the game will be on sale this 26, god dammit i really dont want to buy it digital

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters

Bardeh posted:

At this point I'm half convinced R* have hired an army of PI's to sit outside stores to make sure the game doesn't get out until Friday. That's how tight they seem to have this locked down so far. The biggest release of the year, and arguably of the generation, and the only leak we've seen is a 20 second clip. That is pretty nuts this close to release.

Point being, you ain't gonna get it early dude :( Weren't independent game stores also saying they weren't getting their shipments until a week later in case of early leaks?

They actually never said or thought that. Broke brained journos intentionally buried the fact this is only for ps4 copies they were told xbone copies may make it so it never at any point looked like an attempt to prevent leaks. They intentionally made a mountain out of a molehill and it absolutely did the trick lol.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
god dammit they told me the game will arrive the 31

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

The Red Dead subreddit has been a mildly decent place for information, but after last night it's become an absolute cesspool.

I'm know I'm stating the wildly obvious here.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Tercio posted:

The Red Dead subreddit has been a mildly decent place for information, but after last night it's become an absolute cesspool.

Agreed. Same with the RDR2 forum at GTAforums.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

FBS posted:

According to Target's weekly ad, they will be selling the game at 9 p.m. local time Thursday night. Plus you get some free pins.

Yeah looks like most stores are doing this

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Tercio posted:

What, you don't love all the amateur conspiracy theorists going all Zapruder Film over the 20 second gameplay leak crying about how the bow clips through Artie's hat?

Or are you not a fan of all the meme posts about how everyone's worried about dying before Friday?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Zaa Boogie posted:

I'm at the moment replaying RDR on an XBonX for shits and giggles and this doesn't mesh with what I remember and what I'm currently playing.

Just off the top of my head:

Help the woman in Mexico escape the abusive pimp-> she dies anyway
Help the guy finish his flying machine-> he dies immediately
Help the Chinese rail worker get enough money to get home-> you find him shooting up later
Help the film director finish his movie-> his theater goes under anyway and he resents you
You help a pregnant lady get money from the man who knocked her up-> she wasn't pregnant and didn't even know him, you just killed a man and ruined his family's life for no reason
You help the lady from the intro who needs medicine in the wilds-> the medicine doesn't help because she's already gone crazy from exposure

By the end of it I started to dread completing some of these knowing the bleakest possible outcome was also the most likely, but I pressed on, knowing that a new outfit waited for me.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Wolfsheim posted:

Just off the top of my head:

Help the woman in Mexico escape the abusive pimp-> she dies anyway
Help the guy finish his flying machine-> he dies immediately
Help the Chinese rail worker get enough money to get home-> you find him shooting up later
Help the film director finish his movie-> his theater goes under anyway and he resents you
You help a pregnant lady get money from the man who knocked her up-> she wasn't pregnant and didn't even know him, you just killed a man and ruined his family's life for no reason
You help the lady from the intro who needs medicine in the wilds-> the medicine doesn't help because she's already gone crazy from exposure

By the end of it I started to dread completing some of these knowing the bleakest possible outcome was also the most likely, but I pressed on, knowing that a new outfit waited for me.

I can't help but think that if what you're looking for is to be rewarded with good feelings for doing good things maybe try and do some good in the real world and not seek those feelings from a videogame that is upfront about being a bleak western where you play as a murderous outlaw.
Or maybe play that spiderman game or something, I dunno.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord
yeah that tone seems consistent with a ton of westerns from like The Searchers to the present

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
I mean when i insert myself into everyones business intent on solving all their problems with a gun i expect nothing but good outcomes personally.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The game store said when they get it, usually a few days before the street date, they'll call me. :siren:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

DogonCrook posted:

I mean when i insert myself into everyones business intent on solving all their problems with a gun i expect nothing but good outcomes personally.

This would actually be a good message if you had any other choice than to solve it with a gun. Rockstar, which is the say the Hausers, don't actually give a poo poo about telling stories about these kinds of people. They're just instruments to used to beat you over the head trying to get some sort of point across.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Nolgthorn posted:

The game store said when they get it, usually a few days before the street date, they'll call me. :siren:

Rockstar is not giving out copies to smaller chains until after street date.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Nolgthorn posted:

SOMEONE HASN'T BEEN KEEPING UP WITH THE THREAD

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I'm already playing the game. It's actually a 2D sidescroller and you use the dynamic horse testicles to solve puzzles. Pretty clever.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Zutaten posted:

What, you don't love all the amateur conspiracy theorists going all Zapruder Film over the 20 second gameplay leak

this is what irritates me most

we've gone from weeks of people begging to see gameplay footage to loudly cancelling their preorders after 20 seconds

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

Jimbot posted:

This would actually be a good message if you had any other choice than to solve it with a gun. Rockstar, which is the say the Hausers, don't actually give a poo poo about telling stories about these kinds of people. They're just instruments to used to beat you over the head trying to get some sort of point across.

So they didnt give you a choice whats your point? The lesson wouldnt be learnt if the outcome was rosy would it? Its a story thats how it works.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Sedisp posted:

Rockstar is not giving out copies to smaller chains until after street date.

I asked that specific question, then they gave me this evil grin. So I'm pretty sure I've tapped into the criminal underworld of the gaming community and am soon going to be in gaming Guantánamo Bay.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Nolgthorn posted:

I asked that specific question, then they gave me this evil grin. So I'm pretty sure I've tapped into the criminal underworld of the gaming community and am soon going to be in prison.

Hopefully you get it but I wouldn't be surprised if the person just assumed they were getting it early like everyone else.

Straight up not giving copies to smaller chains I don't think has ever really been done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

DogonCrook posted:

Half of those outcomes had literally nothing to do with you shooting people, it was just 'lol they died why did you even try to help, owned bitch'.

Which I realize is kind of the running joke in every Rockstar game since GTAIV but it happens so much in RDR1 that when some guy I helped walks away not dead or having his life ruined it really threw me for a loop. In retrospect it's kinda funny that the DLC where zombies come and kill off most of civilization ends up being the more optimistic, lighthearted story.