Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i think we should vote for anyone who isn't willing to get lynched D1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

would anyone like to play some fortnite.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

redneck nazgul posted:

i think we should vote for anyone who isn't willing to get lynched D1

Yeah everyone vote me first then.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Actually it's not gonna matter because they'll just infect the person we blood test dueing the day that night, won't they?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

its weird that they dont explore the xenomorph's pov. maybe it's totally justified in slaughtering all the weyland yutani ppl since they're contributing to capitalist machine. bk told me that, and, personally, i am convinced.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

hambeet posted:

Actually it's not gonna matter because they'll just infect the person we blood test dueing the day that night, won't they?

Without fully knowing the set-up, no idea, but I think that's probably a conversation best left for D2.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##vote Rhjamiz

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Asiina posted:

Let's all say who we would recruit if we were The Thing.

I'd RNG it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Asiina posted:

I've never been cult recruited, actually.

I guess nobody likes me.

That can't possibly be true? If so... that's impressive lol

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

GulagDolls posted:

its weird that they dont explore the xenomorph's pov. maybe it's totally justified in slaughtering all the weyland yutani ppl since they're contributing to capitalist machine. bk told me that, and, personally, i am convinced.

It's pov is probably just like

"CCcchhhtthhhkkkkk... HHeeeeaaaaiiii" *weird breathing, heavy screeching, desire to destroy and proliferate* that forever. I didn't know Alien was a performance art piece

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Hmm let's blood test ##vote rhjamiz

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Dick Bastardly posted:

Hmm let's blood test ##vote rhjamiz

first to not vote someone that hasnt a;lready been voted is always scum, in this game. ##vote dick bastardly

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dick Bastardly posted:

as of the following post i had not received a PM;

after the day started i received my flavor PM

Forced, and then...

Dick Bastardly posted:

but the dog did cough on me :tinfoil:
Downplaying self-aware forced interactions with a self-aware joke.

Then...

GulagDolls posted:

first to not vote someone that hasnt a;lready been voted is always scum, in this game. ##vote dick bastardly

I don't know if this axiom is true, but it's good enough for me on a D1 where I already found DB making some, "I am a normal hooman" posts.

##vote dick bastardly

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

Good dog.

##vote dick bastardly

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

hambeet posted:

it says they don't have oot comms, but they are aware of who the other infected are. so the argument is then would they have much incentive to try protect or cover for their infected friends?

See I'd say not likely. They only need one to survive so a bus makes perfect sense. They'd also have to be dumb enough to publicly defend someone they were against previously, assuming they were turned

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm all for blood testing me tbh

##vote DB

worst case scenario is I get infected tonight, but being scum is fun for me so win-win. Depending on who the vig is however I may not make it to tomorrow haha

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm all for blood testing me tbh

##vote DB

worst case scenario is I get infected tonight, but being scum is fun for me so win-win. Depending on who the vig is however I may not make it to tomorrow haha

"I'm so townie and ready to die" - every scum ever

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
sure! I mean we're just doing a small blood test, not killing DB or anything. Ah haha. It's just a precaution. ##vote DB

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

##vote db

Roooooooooooolling staaaaaaaaaart!

(I’m about to get on a plane someone post the video tia)

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i thought blood test was a euphemism for kill.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

no i'm pretty sure blood test is a public cop.

Cpig said that during the night a townie would get a vig.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i just assumed you need to take all of someones blood to test it. how else can you be sure they arent hiding some bad blood

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

db voted for himself

but db was also the third vote which is always scum

:thunk:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

oops, he was the fourth vote, my bad

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

what if we took all the blood from everyone we know is safe and just put it in one person. that way we would know where all the good blood is.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Sure whatever ##Vote db

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Dick Bastardly (7): GulagDolls, Anomalous Amalgam, Rhjamiz, Dick Bastardly, Toalpaz, chaoslord, Retro Futurist
Rhjamiz (1): hambeet, Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly
chaoslord (0): hambeet, hambeet
Anomalous Amalgam (0): chaoslord, chaoslord

Not Voting (4): Asiina, CCKeane, Hal Incandenza, redneck nazgul

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 22nd, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 10 hours, 20 minutes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
U.S. Outpost #31 Winter, 1982.

Commander's Log -

All hell broke loose. I don't know what the hell is going on but that drat dog turned into some kind of monster.

MacReady torched it and that seemed to do the trick. The doc came up with some kind of blood test where its blood reacts to something or other. The specifics will be in the official report.

We start the first test on one of us now.

End Log.

Dick Bastardly is - Uninfected.

It is now Night 1.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
U.S. Outpost #31 Winter, 1982.

Commander's Log -

Palmer turned into some kind of hideous creature last night before we had to turn the flamethrower on him.

I just can't understand it. It's like our nightmares came to life.

I don't know how much longer I can do this. Our comms went down and we are now cut of from the rest of the world because that drat grenade destroyed our chopper.

End Log.

Retro Futurist - Palmer - Infected Human was torched on night 1!

It is now day 2!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (11): Anomalous Amalgam, Asiina, CCKeane, chaoslord, Dick Bastardly, GulagDolls, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, redneck nazgul, Rhjamiz, Toalpaz

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 23rd, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 7 hours.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

lmao good shot night killer.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Get lit inhuman monster. Get lit.

(Yes, good job) was it his robotic. I'll kill by the numbers rng suggestion? In hindsight that should have been a good tell lol.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

its well known that the human body becomes weaker when its lost blood

but what if the inverse is true as well....

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I didn't get recruited what is this bullshit!!!!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Ha I got you RF!!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Get lit inhuman monster. Get lit.

(Yes, good job) was it his robotic. I'll kill by the numbers rng suggestion? In hindsight that should have been a good tell lol.

That was me and keane.... unless you don't know how to read... because you're a MONSTER!!!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Retro Futurist posted:

So given this is a cult game and scum can’t talk oot, I kind of feel like just RNGing my vote every day and hoping for the best. I’m not sure how different we’d expect someone to act after infection here, basically

Toalpaz posted:

That was me and keane.... unless you don't know how to read... because you're a MONSTER!!!

What are you talking about? Are you awkwardly scum slipping again? :)

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote toalpaz

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

What are you talking about? Are you awkwardly scum slipping again? :)

N-no.... baka....

##vote toalpaz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

This is a pretty chill game (because of all the snow).

Is it safe to toast marshmallows over a burning monster corpse? ##vote toalpaz

Tho gently caress if I can figure out a good testing strategy. Should we re-test DB? How likely is it the monsters would try to recruit a cleared dude?

• Locked thread