Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

longbow clippage or not this game still looks better than like 95% of all console games thus far. like between this, spider-man, god of war, naughty dog's games, and the capcom games on RE engine next year, consoles this gen are starting to really wow me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Someone overlayed the ingame map from last night onto the guide map: https://i.imgur.com/3PB0txn.gifv

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Cultural Marxist posted:

Potential for the return of Herbert Moon, as Armadillo is in

We might get to Kill Herbert Moons brother!

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Weapons from the german guide:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

The Fool posted:

Holy gently caress an 1887

where's my Sharps rifle though

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

The Fool posted:

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

The Fool posted:

am i missing a Colt 1851 Navy Revolver in there?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Let's include all of the old map except the part people liked the most - the kind of brilliant houser bro idea that only crunching for 100 hours a week can get you

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Reading the Kotaku article, it sounds like some stores might get some Xbone copies. Still doesn't sound like it's going to be in great supply even for the version that's less in demand.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 22, 2018

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
What did everyone love about Mexico? I liked the look of it for sure.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Donovan Trip posted:

What did everyone love about Mexico? I liked the look of it for sure.

The only thing I liked about it outside of a different feel and aesthetic was it was a place to go to outrun a bounty in the US.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I thought mexico was confirmed because the entire old map was in the new map.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I've seen a lot of mixed opinions over the years on Mexico in RDR1 but it seems to be really popular on SA, so just curious.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Nolgthorn posted:

I thought mexico was confirmed because the entire old map was in the new map.

Because one dutch news outlet saw part of new austin and later retracted their statement, plus a bunch of FUD.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

/u/mco_yum_yum is posting a bunch of stuff from the guide on reddit and I don't feel like reposting it all.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

So that map looks like that left chunk is the entire map from RDR1 minus Mexico, and then the whole bit to the north is all new? Looks to be almost double the size. Hoping there's some hot desert to roam around in though and it's not all snowy pine area.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales
I liked Mexico because all the little pueblo buildings and churches were a nice aesthetic compared to the American saloons/etc. Also had the best outfit and hearing Marston greet passerbys in broken Spanish was great.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
There's lizards and geckos n poo poo so probably

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
I didn't like Mexico for story reasons and that kinda bled over into my opinion of the area itself. At that point in the story I was already tired of how often Marston was just getting dicked around with one wild goose chase after another, and I was salty that the one chance for payoff lead to Bill escaping off screen

I don't think I ever returned to Mexico after the story took me away from it. Just felt like one big detour that nobody wanted to be a part of

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

The Mexico part of RDR is the best part of the game for playing "Far Away" when you visit it for the first time alone.

Hopefully they'll include it in some future single player expansion, but given Rockstar's history, I'd say that's doubtful.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Far Away bugs out really easily, it didn't play for me because I paused the game to go to the toilet.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Oct 22, 2018

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I liked Mexico because there were donkeys.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Mexico had cool architecture and great ambient music, but drat near everyone was a huge rear end in a top hat and the stark white desert sand really baked my eyeballs after a while :(

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

The Fool posted:

/u/mco_yum_yum is posting a bunch of stuff from the guide on reddit and I don't feel like reposting it all.

Good lord the potato camera.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hobo Clown posted:

So that map looks like that left chunk is the entire map from RDR1 minus Mexico, and then the whole bit to the north is all new? Looks to be almost double the size. Hoping there's some hot desert to roam around in though and it's not all snowy pine area.

The whole area around Armadillo and Tumbleweed is hot desert.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

chitoryu12 posted:

The whole area around Armadillo and Tumbleweed is hot desert.

I'm curious if we're going to see Tumbleweed as an active town. In RDR it was nothing but ruins.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Donovan Trip posted:

I've seen a lot of mixed opinions over the years on Mexico in RDR1 but it seems to be really popular on SA, so just curious.

The game's time period and design choices had the US portion feel like modernization conflicting with the wild west. White hats and black hats were replaced with preachers and politicians. Mexico, helped by amazing intro music, felt more like the fantasy west. I have no idea how easy it was to vanish into Mexico as an outlaw but it certainly felt like you could.

Cultural Marxist posted:

I liked Mexico because there were donkeys.

Rockstar donkeys look kind of strange but make great mounts.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
What I liked about the donkeys is that they were considerably slower than horses, so when I made one my default in Mexico I would fall waaay behind everyone during the standard 'ride next to a guy who says exposition at you for five minutes' portion of every mission. Sometimes this would cause them to fail, other times they just waited for me to catch up. It was absolutely hilarious and I hope there's similar bae choices to be made in RDR2.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Imagine working on the story for a rockstar game for 14 hours a day, 7 days a week. Imagine needing to work on the story of a rockstar game for 14 hours a day, 7 days a week

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

No Mods No Masters posted:

Imagine working on the story for a rockstar game for 14 hours a day, 7 days a week. Imagine needing to work on the story of a rockstar game for 14 hours a day, 7 days a week

now imagine you're only doing that for 1 week

don't worry you don't have to cuz that's what happened

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

CharlestonJew posted:

now imagine you're only doing that for 1 week

don't worry you don't have to cuz that's what happened

Hey don't knock the method, that's how Morrowind was written

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Having the Housers stand behind an editor while that person edits something, commenting every little thing in hour 99 of their 100 hour work week sure sounds like a great environment.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Oct 22, 2018

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
"working on the story", "doing cocaine", same difference

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Imagine being that bad at managing your project, and also imagine having so much ego that you brag about it

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side

No Mods No Masters posted:

Imagine being that bad at managing your project, and also imagine having so much ego that you brag about it

The end result is gonna be a billion dollars either way why would they care mang

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Macrame_God posted:

I'm curious if we're going to see Tumbleweed as an active town. In RDR it was nothing but ruins.

I think that on the map there’s a part marked “sheriff of Tumbleweed”, which would perhaps imply that we will see it as something other than the RDR1 ghost town. My German isn’t great though, so it may mean something else.

Are we still doing map stuff as spoilers?

Mailer posted:

Rockstar donkeys look kind of strange but make great mounts.

Hahaha yes, I’d forgotten about that bug. I only ever saw it in videos, never in game.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
That's what it means.

I'm really excited for this game. Currently playing through AC Odyssey, a game chock-full of repetitive and copy/pasted content. If Rockstar does anything right, it's creating amazing worlds that are full of little details that show great care in building the world, they're kinda the antithesis to Ubi open worlds.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Are we at the part of waiting for a game to release that we talk poo poo about the people who made it

That's how you know the game is almost out

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Eh, Houser being so insulated from the world as to think bragging about their insane work schedules would be met with awe is worth laughing at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

Macrame_God posted:

The Mexico part of RDR is the best part of the game for playing "Far Away" when you visit it for the first time alone.

Hopefully they'll include it in some future single player expansion, but given Rockstar's history, I'd say that's doubtful.

I remember Mexico fondly because it was locked off, so it was pretty big when you finally crossed over and they had the music playing. And I rocked the poncho ASAP and kept it for the rest of the game.