Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Asiina Keane and clord would be my meta picks from this roster.

Asii and RF bleed the same maple blood afaik and Keane and clord have good history with rf maybe a few others but those are my picks for lovely meta cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ha I got you RF!!

gently caress I totally missed that

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Asii and RF bleed the same maple blood afaik and Keane and clord have good history with rf maybe a few others but those are my picks for lovely meta cases.

Yeah that’s the direction I was going. It makes more sense to figure out who the original thing is and kill them before trying for random infected people.

I missed all of D1 so I gotta go back and see what’s what there

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Asiina asked earlier who our top 1 picks would be. I could be wrong but that seems like a great uninfected content creator to later capitalise on when one of those who answered flips infected.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lol or a great misdirection by the monster.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i don't know if the recruitment hits before the nightkill, if it does, the game is actually unwinnable as town even with perfect play

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Asiina posted:

Oh hey, I just realized something, Hal got the gun so he's uninfected.

Maybe this is how we figure it out?

I mean Hal could be lying but if no one counterclaims it's as good as a test right?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Toalpaz posted:

I mean Hal could be lying but if no one counterclaims it's as good as a test right?

i don't think there's a downside for the infected to claim/counterclaim the nightkill if they have more than one infected

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

redneck nazgul posted:

i don't think there's a downside for the infected to claim/counterclaim the nightkill if they have more than one infected

Lmao I didn't think of that, and if they hadn't either....

Hahaha

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

Lmao I didn't think of that, and if they hadn't either....

Hahaha

I welcome the thunderdome of counterclaims!

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

I welcome the thunderdome of counterclaims!

i can't counterclaim your kill, i'm the cop

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Whaaat

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i claimed this on day 1, please catch up

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

redneck nazgul posted:

i'm a cop and got a n0, gulagdolls is scum

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeah no one's believing day 1 stuff

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
lol I assumed all of that had been a joke.

WHy not just be like gulag is definitely a monster, done and done?

dumb.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Like.... that makes no sense.

##vote redneck

don't go, I got a n0 result for scum.

Then do nothing with it only to be like,

I ALREADY SAID I WAS A COP
DUH

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
redneck has no votes and a handful of posts.

:thunk:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

It would be the opportune time for an infected the play a gambit hmmm

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

oh man

oh maaaaaaaaan

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeah K ##vote redneck

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

redneck nazgul posted:

oh man

oh maaaaaaaaan

Classic Betrayer play!

I’m not voting for him

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Why not? It's not like we're lynching them.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

hambeet posted:

It would be the opportune time for an infected the play a gambit hmmm

hmm, yes

this would be a good time to pull a wacky gambit as scum when there's one dead scum and pretty much no leads on who the other(s) could be by nature of the game

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

It's not your normal mafia game red, you're not gonna die from being tested so no big drama yeah? Gotta test someone

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

note that i say "other(s)" because i'm a bit fuzzy on the wording of the game mechanics

i.e, did we start with one person as the thing and they chose someone to make two vs we started with one actual infected person, offed one last night, and still have one remaining because the infection went before the nightkill

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Hal Incandenza posted:

Classic Betrayer play!

I’m not voting for him

:thunk:

##vote hal

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I see no reason not to test redneck.

##vote redneck nazgul

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

hambeet posted:

It's not your normal mafia game red, you're not gonna die from being tested so no big drama yeah? Gotta test someone

i mean, if i get tested, it means i'm cleared for that night's kill and that's it

it's not a good thing one way or another because it's not going to turn up scum today so it's a waste

i'm just laughing at using two, possibly three jokeposts as a rationale for using our one guess

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

redneck nazgul posted:

note that i say "other(s)" because i'm a bit fuzzy on the wording of the game mechanics

i.e, did we start with one person as the thing and they chose someone to make two vs we started with one actual infected person, offed one last night, and still have one remaining because the infection went before the nightkill

From the way I read it there were two infected during day 1 (n0 recruit) and last night there would have been three. So we are back at two today. The original monster and either the first or second infected.

I thought the monster is the only one that infects, but the OP says creatures..

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Yeah I don't see last or second last game playing it like this friends.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

redneck nazgul posted:

i mean, if i get tested, it means i'm cleared for that night's kill and that's it

it's not a good thing one way or another because it's not going to turn up scum today so it's a waste

i'm just laughing at using two, possibly three jokeposts as a rationale for using our one guess

Again, anything is better than nothing. I don't think we're gonna get the usual scum inconsistencies and lack of casing as strong tells, but I could be wrong. There's also little risk in losing people, it's just wifom if they'll infect previously cleared players or not, but again we have to test someone anyway..

I'm trying different things and seeing what gets traction. My other idea was who would recruit RF first, if we know enough meta about them, and work back from there. AA mentioned a couple, but that's it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

I don't get what you mean, sorry.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

redneck nazgul posted:

hmm, yes

this would be a good time to pull a wacky gambit as scum when there's one dead scum and pretty much no leads on who the other(s) could be by nature of the game

:agreed: but unironically

##vote redneck

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Airplane WiFi suuuuuuuuuuuucks

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

hambeet posted:

Again, anything is better than nothing. I don't think we're gonna get the usual scum inconsistencies and lack of casing as strong tells, but I could be wrong. There's also little risk in losing people, it's just wifom if they'll infect previously cleared players or not, but again we have to test someone anyway..

I'm trying different things and seeing what gets traction. My other idea was who would recruit RF first, if we know enough meta about them, and work back from there. AA mentioned a couple, but that's it.

since there's no OOT communication, meta kinda goes out the window

like, my go-to strategy as scum/third party is "kill productive town players first" because then you can control the discourse. this works better if you can coordinate with the rest of the scumbos to actually control it via fake opposition and bickering. here, the coordination element is out the window, so i'd probably want to establish a few people who can lay low and not attract suspicion until the game is a bit more in reach.

if anything in this game, i'd go scumhunting by looking at who wants to railroad a test.

infected people know who's going to come up as town, it's easier to parlay the railroad into "oh, he was acting suspicious so i wanted to make sure" because there's no death associated with it, and it provides the opportunity to infect the person just to throw the town off later.

looking back through post histories, i'm pretty confident about this vote based on jumping into bandwagons with little explanation:

##vote Rhjamiz

i can't see votefinder at work, so if i'm already hammered, welp.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

redneck nazgul posted:

since there's no OOT communication, meta kinda goes out the window

like, my go-to strategy as scum/third party is "kill productive town players first" because then you can control the discourse. this works better if you can coordinate with the rest of the scumbos to actually control it via fake opposition and bickering. here, the coordination element is out the window, so i'd probably want to establish a few people who can lay low and not attract suspicion until the game is a bit more in reach.

if anything in this game, i'd go scumhunting by looking at who wants to railroad a test.

infected people know who's going to come up as town, it's easier to parlay the railroad into "oh, he was acting suspicious so i wanted to make sure" because there's no death associated with it, and it provides the opportunity to infect the person just to throw the town off later.

looking back through post histories, i'm pretty confident about this vote based on jumping into bandwagons with little explanation:

##vote Rhjamiz

i can't see votefinder at work, so if i'm already hammered, welp.

You're at -2.

I'm just chilling right now and I don't really see a need to justify my vote, all told. This game feels rather different so I don't particularly feel the usual scum-hunting axioms apply. Test if you'd like. :shrug:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

of course you don't feel a need to justify your vote, it's a single vote from a dude at -2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

redneck nazgul posted:

of course you don't feel a need to justify your vote, it's a single vote from a dude at -2

I meant more like in general, not to you specifically.

• Locked thread