Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Accused Sexual Harassers Thrived Under NBC News Chief Andy Lack
https://www.thedailybeast.com/again-and-again-accused-sexual-harassers-kept-their-jobs-under-nbc-news-chief-andy-lack

#MeToo: One Year Later
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2018-me-too-anniversary/

Connie Chung breaks silence about sexual assault by her doctor 50 years ago: 'I have kept my dirty little secret to myself'
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/connie-chung-breaks-silence-sexual-assault-doctor-50-years-ago-kept-dirty-little-secret-202747417.html

Sodomy Hussein posted:

I'm starting to think Louis is not a good listener.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3HYLLruJis

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

When you're talking about someone who's worth $50 million, I don't know how sympathetic I'm supposed to be, especially considering the vast majority of people have a net worth of zero.

~15% of US households currently have a negative net worth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Pretty funny, but I expected the irony was going to be Louis CK saying "Bradley Cooper looks like the kinda guy who exposes himself to young girls".

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Zogo posted:

Accused Sexual Harassers Thrived Under NBC News Chief Andy Lack
https://www.thedailybeast.com/again-and-again-accused-sexual-harassers-kept-their-jobs-under-nbc-news-chief-andy-lack

#MeToo: One Year Later
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2018-me-too-anniversary/

Connie Chung breaks silence about sexual assault by her doctor 50 years ago: 'I have kept my dirty little secret to myself'
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/connie-chung-breaks-silence-sexual-assault-doctor-50-years-ago-kept-dirty-little-secret-202747417.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3HYLLruJis

~15% of US households currently have a negative net worth.

Really it's the third part of the video that makes it too perfect.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Really it's the third part of the video that makes it too perfect.

I’m trying to figure out what that’s from, I’m sure I’ve seen it

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Coffee And Pie posted:

I’m trying to figure out what that’s from, I’m sure I’ve seen it

American hustle

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Sarah Silverman: Louis C.K. Masturbated “In Front of Me” with Consent
https://decider.com/2018/10/22/sarah-silverman-louis-ck-masturbated-consensual/

Javier Bardem condemns 'public lynching' of Woody Allen
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2018/oct/19/javier-bardem-woody-allen-defence

'I'm a victim of sexual assault': Kellyanne Conway chokes up as she makes shocking revelation on CNN while defending SCOTUS nominee Brett Kavanaugh
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6224195/Im-victim-sexual-assault-declares-Kellyanne-Conway.html

NYPD boss accused of stuffing her panties in co-worker's mouth
https://nypost.com/2018/10/22/nypd-boss-accused-to-stuffing-her-panties-in-co-workers-mouth/

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

That Silverman ck drop is clever, it'll prolly work

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Krankenstyle posted:

That Silverman ck drop is clever, it'll prolly work

You’re probably right. Just muddy the waters a little and people will think it’s a wash.

God drat you Silverman

Goddamn Particle
Oct 10, 2013

Fan of Britches

sponges posted:

You’re probably right. Just muddy the waters a little and people will think it’s a wash.

God drat you Silverman.

Even if it's true it shouldn't cancel out the rest of the accusations. Georgina Chapman has probably had consensual sex with Weinstein, but that doesn't make him innocent of everything else he's done either. But yeah, in reality it's enough to make people doubt, and that's on top of the number of people who already don't want it to be true. If you have to choose between thinking you were a friend/fan of a liar, or of a predator, denial is the easier option. The fact that he's forcing a comeback could be another incentive to disbelieve the victims, because predators getting away with it makes people uncomfortable.

I know this must have been said already, but it's completely consistent for CK to trick women into watching him perform, technically not using force but catching them off guard and only giving them a means of escape that involves means overcoming a freeze response and making a scene. And how many of the women are in middle seats and unable to leave without calling attention to themselves? It's pretty much guaranteed that anyone who leaves is going to be filmed and harassed online too. Dude knows exactly what he's doing and he hasn't changed a bit.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/annevclark/status/1054465317836087297

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
That really makes Louis's exhibition issue look ingrained if he's been doing it since a young age. Also tf is wrong with Silverman, "gently caress yeah I wanna see that," "amazing?"

The Kellyanne Conway confession makes me sad as hell. Here's a woman who faced sexual assault of herself and others, and whose takeaway was "it's just guys, they rule the world, nothing you can do against it so everyone just sit down and shut up."

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

davidspackage posted:

That really makes Louis's exhibition issue look ingrained if he's been doing it since a young age. Also tf is wrong with Silverman, "gently caress yeah I wanna see that," "amazing?"

People do weird things with their friends, especially when they're young, dumb, horny and weird. I've done some weird poo poo not unlike that tbh. It really doesn't strike me as that crazy. I do get where she was coming from, too, in saying hey he's always been a bit of a freak with friends, but as he got more successful and had more money it maybe didn't cross his mind that the girls letting him do this weren't actually okay with it. Someone not understanding the power they've gained and continuing to act like a shitheel def isn't unheard of. Still doesn't excuse his actions tho-- and I don't think Silverman was trying to necessarily excuse him, fwiw.

It sucks that people will undoubtedly take Silverman's story and use it to stir more poo poo against the people CK actually took advantage of.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

If Silverman & CK even did that when they were young, you know? It's a good story that absolves him in the minds of people who just want him to come back.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It certainly doesn't help the whole situation, that's for sure.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

It’s almost certainly a calculated move on CK and Silvermans part.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
She was asked about it on a radio show, it ain't a press release. And she explicitly says it doesn't absolve him of anything. Why's it gotta be some grand conspiracy?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeaaah I'm not quite willing to bust my tinfoil hat out for this one.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

How does Silverman's interview absolve CK of anything? Silverman correctly identifies that the consent you get as an industry newbie is hugely different from the one you get as an world-famous pro. The power dynamics are not at all similar. She makes no excuses for his behavior. She explicitly said what he did was wrong. What's the matter with you guys?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Vegetable posted:

How does Silverman's interview absolve CK of anything? Silverman correctly identifies that the consent you get as an industry newbie is hugely different from the one you get as an world-famous pro. The power dynamics are not at all similar. She makes no excuses for his behavior. She explicitly said what he did was wrong. What's the matter with you guys?

I think the issue is that idiots will take it and run with it. Especially once it circulates more as just a headline or out of context quotes, and people don't read the full segment from the interview-- it'll get a lot of people getting heated and taking it the wrong way and running with it.

Which is unfortunately the way of the world now with the way social media works lmao. Burn it all down imo

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Origami Dali posted:

She was asked about it on a radio show, it ain't a press release. And she explicitly says it doesn't absolve him of anything. Why's it gotta be some grand conspiracy?

it's not just any radio show — it's stern, a world-famous program known for being a place where stars speak candidly. i don't think it was planned either, but the venue doesn't really disprove the theory.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Actually reading the article, it's from a Howard Stern interview, and he's got a way of just dragging poo poo out of people, so I very much doubt this was a calculated move on Silverman's part. The interviews tend to be 30 minutes to an hour and a half and if you listen to any of them you will here stuff that you know the person being interviewed didn't plan on talking about.

It doesn't make it better, but I doubt it's a conspiracy to rehabilitate Louis CK. If he wants to rehabilitate himself he should do a special and donate every single penny of it to RAINN or something.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Origami Dali posted:

I know she says that. But to someone wanting Louis back, he is now absolved because he just didn't realize that the situations were different, it's just a dumb mistake anyone could make, a faux pas really...

I don't really think she or Louis made it up, but I definitely think that they intentionally put it out there.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Origami Dali posted:

What childlike naïveté

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
I can't find a clip of it because this news has made it ungoogleable, but my first thought was of one of her stand up specials that had a lot of sketch style breaks in them. One of them was her pausing her routine to stare offstage where its revealed there's a guy standing right behind the curtain, staring at her intensely and jerking off. Maybe Steve Agee.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Not Operator posted:

I can't find a clip of it because this news has made it ungoogleable, but my first thought was of one of her stand up specials that had a lot of sketch style breaks in them. One of them was her pausing her routine to stare offstage where its revealed there's a guy standing right behind the curtain, staring at her intensely and jerking off. Maybe Steve Agee.

Maybe she's into it.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Not Operator posted:

I can't find a clip...Maybe Steve Agee.

Jesus is Magic and yep, Steve Agee.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

sponges posted:

What childlike naïveté

Lol yeah ok.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Yeah, these people who make a living saying things in very specific ways in order to illicit certain reactions are completely unaware of the potential consequences of what they say. Silverman just opens her mouth and a series of random words spill out that to her have no relation to anything past, present, or future. If someone takes what she says as an absolution of CK, that is completely unexpected and it is ludicrous to assume that any of them could have even thought of it at all.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Krankenstyle posted:

Yeah, these people who make a living saying things in very specific ways in order to illicit certain reactions are completely unaware of the potential consequences of what they say. Silverman just opens her mouth and a series of random words spill out that to her have no relation to anything past, present, or future. If someone takes what she says as an absolution of CK, that is completely unexpected and it is ludicrous to assume that any of them could have even thought of it at all.

There's a pretty big distance between Sarah Silverman having crippling aphasia and a planned PR push however. I know Adam Curtis has turned everyone into conspiracy theorists, but really who cares if it's a PR push? The truth is, given the venue and the nature of the comments, it's clear Sarah Silverman has mixed feelings about CK and is struggling to reconcile her personal experiences and relationship with the guy with the Bad Things He Did. Of course, it's entirely possible the clickbait headlines will end up doing Louis some PR good. The only difference the conspiracy makes is how evil you think Sarah Silverman is. So then the question becomes why are you obsessed with a celebrity's interior life?

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Because I liked Silverman, but if she’s going to make a transparent attempt to redeem a sex pest like Louis CK than she can pound sand.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I need to listen to the full interview, Howard Stern doesn't do 5 minute PR approved fluff pieces. Again it's not good, it shouldn't absolve CK of anything and it sucks if people will use it as an excuse to absolve him, but I don't want to tar Silverman with that brush as well.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

sponges posted:

Because I liked Silverman, but if she’s going to make a transparent attempt to redeem a sex pest like Louis CK than she can pound sand.

Sarah Silverman should be executed immediately for having more than a million dollars but what're ya gonna do.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

davidspackage posted:

The Kellyanne Conway confession makes me sad as hell. Here's a woman who faced sexual assault of herself and others, and whose takeaway was "it's just guys, they rule the world, nothing you can do against it so everyone just sit down and shut up."

Yet she promoted Trump after the "grab her by the pussy" reveal. There's an interview with Steve Bannon where he even credits her for having saved the campaign based on her actions after the tape came out. gently caress that oval office Conway.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Krankenstyle posted:

So then maybe go lecture that person then.

Should Silverman not speak truthfully about her experiences because in theory somebody might use her words to defend an rear end in a top hat?

"Sorry but I can't talk about that because we can only ever say bad things about the bad man from now on"?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Rebecca Corry (one of Louis CK's victims) called out Silverman over her anecdote:
https://twitter.com/TheRebeccaCorry/status/1054471083967959040

Silverman responded:
https://twitter.com/SarahKSilverman/status/1054476111873228800

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Let's take this from a bird's eye view. It's hysterical that anyone would share that willingly. Like the whole circus that has to rev up to get anyone to care about whether Louis slapped his dick out at Sarah Silverman. Stern, Silverman, CK, what a bunch of loving weirdos.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Wreck It Ralph 2 is going to be awkward.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Let's take this from a bird's eye view. It's hysterical that anyone would share that willingly. Like the whole circus that has to rev up to get anyone to care about whether Louis slapped his dick out at Sarah Silverman. Stern, Silverman, CK, what a bunch of loving weirdos.

I have some bad news for you about modern human culture...

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Sodomy Hussein posted:

It's hysterical that anyone
While we're on this topic, can we maybe not use the "vaginas make women crazy" word?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

LividLiquid posted:

While we're on this topic, can we maybe not use the "vaginas make women crazy" word?

It's the uterus.