Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea suburban white men suck and suburban white women are leaning pretty hard D so you can't really take 'suburb vote up' in either way yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
I voted a few hours ago down in TX-22. I try to be home for elections these days if possible.

The demographics of 22 have changed massively since it was Paul's district, after which it was gerrymandered into Delay's personal fiefdom for a few years. The Fort Bend County area has been heading that direction for a long time, but the changes in Northern Brazoria County are what's really swung wide. I seriously doubt Sri can pull it off this go-round, though as milquetoast Democrats go he is at least a real human being with an interesting life trajectory, but if the growth keeps heading this direction (it will) and they don't gerrymander it again then within about 8 years I suspect one of two things will happen - either A) there will be a Democrat of any kind or B) there will be an ethnically Asian Republican. If you asked me to guess which one is more likely, I could not. Oh and C) the country will break down into civil war as John Titor described and Tom Herman will be the President of the combined University of Texas - University of Houston Co-Prosperity Militia. Everyone rush out, purchase a bicycle and a shotgun just in case, though as this is Texas you should already have at least one of those things, if not both.

I'm from further down a bit in one of the rural areas that is definitely not assisting in the transformation of TX-22, by the way.

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
Bexar county had 24,502 votes as of 4 pm.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I just voted this afternoon and there was a surprisingly long line for the polls where I went.

I’m in TX-01.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

I. M. Gei posted:

I just voted this afternoon and there was a surprisingly long line for the polls where I went.

I’m in TX-01.

You have my condolences for having to be around Gohmert voters. I can't imagine the horror.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Sardonik posted:

You have my condolences for having to be around Gohmert voters. I can't imagine the horror.

I went to high school with at least two of Gohmert’s daughters. My senior year was the year he first got elected.

I would LOVE to see Gohmert lose but I’m pretty sure that poo poo ain’t happening this year.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
I remember reading somewhere that Gohmert is considered one of the nicest guys in Congress all around, does barbecues out of his office window and everyone loves him - until any hot button political topic comes up. No idea if that's true, but it accurately describes every Fox News Uncle in America. All brisket, beer and beaming smiles until Colin Kapernick flashes by on the TV, then take cover.

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
34,021 Voters in Bexar county today. 35,431 in 2016.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Voted in downtown Bryan today. Very quickly in and out despite the parking lot being full to the brim. First time voting as a Texan!

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
I left Texas a few years back but I convinced my staunch Republican father to vote democrat for the first time since Kent Hance. Just one vote and all that, but I’m making the hard sell on everyone I can.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Yiggy posted:

I left Texas a few years back but I convinced my staunch Republican father to vote democrat for the first time since Kent Hance. Just one vote and all that, but I’m making the hard sell on everyone I can.

Genuinely: thank you.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
This is a good resource to track Harris County turnout along with some historical data

https://twitter.com/ErikVidor/status/1054544933590319104

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
This is all going to end up like LBJ versus Pappy O'Daniel. :(

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/ErickFernandez/status/1054571614988394496

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Tonight I realized that I can't actually concieve what it must feel like to be that loving shameless.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

High turnout/long lines in my county and district today, but I'm still seeing a 5-10 point loss for Beto because Texas.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You can't tell poo poo from early voting totals. In 2016, Hillary won the FL early vote by 250k.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

zoux posted:

You can't tell poo poo from early voting totals. In 2016, Hillary won the FL early vote by 250k.

From what I understand, the least depressing explanation is that poorer voters tend to have less job schedule flexibility and are more likely to take advantage of early voting. It's good that they have it, but I wonder if it sometimes ends up playing into conservative hands by giving their voters the right kind of scare.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

OTOH
https://twitter.com/BobMooreNews/status/1054538041673572352

Seems good.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I haven't voted since 2008 and I was living in Louisiana at the time. But thanks to a super cute librarian that gave me a voter registration card during our second date, I was able to go vote this morning and help remove the zodiac killer from office. You're welcome thread.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

poemdexter posted:

I haven't voted since 2008 and I was living in Louisiana at the time. But thanks to a super cute librarian that gave me a voter registration card during our second date, I was able to go vote this morning and help remove the zodiac killer from office. You're welcome thread.

One vote don't mean poo poo. Go knock on doors and turn yourself into a vote-getting machine.

https://map.betofortexas.com/?eventType=blockwalk%2Cpopupoffice

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

So I went to vote this morning because I got an e-mail from the O'Rourke campaign saying that he'd be at such-and-such libraries today. Either he wasn't or I missed him, but the line was incredibly long anyway; it was a 45-minute wait to vote, at 9am on a weekday! Also, it turns out if you registered to vote at the very last minute, you can't vote early, because you have to register 30 days before you're going to vote, not 30 days before election day; there were a couple really annoyed people who'd come with friends to vote but weren't able to do so today.

I was also sternly instructed not to let my 3-year-old touch the voting machine, which was a bit of a disappointment as I was planning to ask him if he wanted to push the big flashing red button. Ah well.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

ted cruz is extremely lucky that small children can't vote

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

https://twitter.com/ENBrown/status/1054503815548936192

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Took my good lady just now. +2 getting rid of Ted.

Hard to read the crowd in Bryan, but it lookes less chud-heavy than I'd expect in most elections around here.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Trip Report: Early Voting, Collin County on Day 2:

Short line, in and out in probably ten minutes or less total, at early lunch hour. Community rec center.

Given that this county is a GOP stronghold maybe that’s good? I don’t know.

I was a little bummed out that the signage around the building was like 99 percent GOP candidates but what did I expect in this county.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

I have questions

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/briannasttone/status/1054784171543953408

Clearly this indicates that

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Can't tell poo poo from that, the only thing to do is start knocking on doors.

https://map.betofortexas.com/?eventType=blockwalk%2Cpopupoffice

Or for your preferred local candidate. Whatever. They're likely a very similar voter base.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Son you better move your rear end back to Texas and vote then

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Son you better move your rear end back to Texas and vote then

I'm going back this weekend to knock on doors. I've been making calls too, but calling is less effective than doors, and there's plenty of people outside of the state on the dialer.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/andrewdobbstx/status/1054794976326897669
https://twitter.com/andrewdobbstx/status/1054799958547689472

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Hm yes, if more democrats come out than republicans they just might win it.

Powerful stuff.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Get ready for two full weeks of it

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
Bexar early voting still going strong. The electorate isn't too changed. But something interesting. In my area, around a quarter of the voters haven't voted in the past 3 general elections in Texas. And 32.3% have not voted in any of the past 3 primaries.

Doesn't mean anything until Election Day.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

How'd you get that info?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Trip report from voting in Travis County, lot of young people, mostly women and a few self described republicans. Guy behind me made sure to let me know he was going to cancel out my vote by voting for Cruz and was only there to get his wife off his rear end.

Overall there were more people early voting than I have personally seen and yet it seemed they had less voting booths than in 2016/2014.

Though I did see an rear end in a top hat get shamed by the voting staff because he was using the handicap voting booth when he was in no way handicapped.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

TropicalCoke posted:

Bexar early voting still going strong. The electorate isn't too changed. But something interesting. In my area, around a quarter of the voters haven't voted in the past 3 general elections in Texas. And 32.3% have not voted in any of the past 3 primaries.

Doesn't mean anything until Election Day.

Do you recommend any polling sites around the city that aren’t swamped?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Closer poll than I've seen in a while. Not sure about that polling outfit though.

https://twitter.com/Politics_Polls/status/1054822339303469056

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Voted in Collin County when a training meeting let out early. Lots of white olds, but that's what that part of Collin County is like. Even in the middle of the afternoon I had about a 20 minute wait.