Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
playing gow, uncharted, hzd, spiderman, last of us, days gone, and other games to check off checkboxes, feel like poo poo, have your limbs go numb, enter a coma,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the beautiful upgraded graphics in shadow the colossus make the game worse because you cant tell what walls are climbable anymore whoops

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh yeah Last Guardian is great if you likeTeam Ico games. It's closer to ico than SOTC but it's probably like 15 bucks at this point and a lovely game

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

playing gow, uncharted, hzd, spiderman, last of us, days gone, and other games to check off checkboxes, feel like poo poo, have your limbs go numb, enter a coma,

The Vince McMahon series of gifs but when he falls over at the end it's because he's lost all brain activity

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

sony heard japanese games were popular so theyre paying the infamous guys to make a sad dad checkboxes collectables game set in japan

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

goferchan posted:

Yakuza Kiwami will be free with a PS+ subscription in November so definitely play that, but honestly if you think there's any chance you might enjoy it then I would urge you to spend $20 and play Yakuza 0 first just for story's sake

edit: ^^^ agreed on the AAA western blockbuster tier list

Is that 100% confirmed? Or are we still going off that screenshot someone took of the PSN store?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Len posted:

Is that 100% confirmed? Or are we still going off that screenshot someone took of the PSN store?

it was confirmed by sega

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

sony sold off gravity rush 2's server to fund spiderman dlc production

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Man the online functions in that game look so cool :sigh:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

swimsuit posted:

im finally getting a ps4, op

other than rdr2 what else should i get??

im thinkin bloodborne, mon hun, horizon, gow, uncharted, maybe dqxi but i havent played a jrpg since ff9
Bloodborne yes, Monster Hunter yes, Horizon no, GoW probably yes I haven't played it, Uncharted no, DQ11 is an immediate must-buy.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The best games on ps4 are battle gareega and dj max respect

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

elf help book posted:

it was confirmed by sega

Do you have a link for that? I can only find a "news article" saying it was but they don't link to anything

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Len posted:

Do you have a link for that? I can only find a "news article" saying it was but they don't link to anything

no, good luck

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Len posted:

No but I remember reading the tweet from sega where they confirmed it

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Len posted:

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201810/22165809.html

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

awesome

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
ty for the recs all i just picked up bloodborne and ill prob wait for other garbage games to go down in price

i forgot how loud consoles are

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

swimsuit posted:

ty for the recs all i just picked up bloodborne and ill prob wait for other garbage games to go down in price

i forgot how loud consoles are

my most used console, the nintendo super famicon, doesnt make a sound

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

goferchan posted:

Man the online functions in that game look so cool :sigh:

the treasure hunts were good fun. but theyre essentially the same thing as luigis balloon mode in odyssey so you can just play that if you want the experience

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

the treasure hunts were good fun. but theyre essentially the same thing as luigis balloon mode in odyssey so you can just play that if you want the experience

I can't unlock decoration for Kats house by playing Luigi Balloon Hunt though

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

goferchan posted:

I can't unlock decoration for Kats house by playing Luigi Balloon Hunt though

you can still get those if youre insane since the apple chests still show up in the game. you just have no way of knowing when and where :mrgw:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

it's a great time of year for Bloodborne, enjoy

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it's a great time of year for Bloodborne, enjoy

this. picked up my ng+ save and the game is still one of the very best

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Stuck on Ludwig in bloodborne and Friede in DS3 :mad: beaten the former before (did everything in the DLC but Orphan) but I can't do it now

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Ludwig legit made me quit Bb for months after nearly throwing the controller through my tv

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i had a harder time with ludwig than i did orphan of kos. him and the fume knight gave me the biggest "souls shakes" over the whole series.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

fume knight gave me so much trouble. the only way I managed to beat him was by wearing Velstadt's hat so he immediately started in phase 2. For whatever reason, it was easier than managing the switch.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

R. Dieovich posted:

i had a harder time with ludwig than i did orphan of kos. him and the fume knight gave me the biggest "souls shakes" over the whole series.

Ludwig took me a million times my first try but for some reason the first time I made it to his second form I beat it on my first attempt. He's totally stumping me this playthrough though..:.. don't remember what weapon I was using the first time but I have +10 burial blades right now and i'm definitely high enough level, there's no excuse

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i had the thing happen with ludwig where my first time I loving aced him and barely used 2 blood vials and didn't know what all the fuss was about and every other time i fought him it takes me a dozen+ tries lol

kos I have down to a science but the final bosses in the DS3 dlcs take me a ton of tries and are way harder imo, since they're roughly as insane but you don't have BB's very generous parry system to lean on

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
should i bother reading the bloodborne games thread or just play

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

swimsuit posted:

don't read Games period, just play the drat game. FFS

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

swimsuit posted:

Here is everything you need to know about bloodborne going into it:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
don't give up

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

swimsuit posted:

Why the hell would you do that lol. If you're paranoid about it, there IS stuff you can miss, but a lot of it is at the expense of not seeing other exclusive content, so don't stress about seeing everything on your first play through because it's impossible anyways. Just do what feels right and maybe use a guide during your second run if you feel like being a completionist; the game is designed for multiple play throughs

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

swimsuit posted:

if you're really curious there's some sidequests stuff you can miss, but it's ultimately minor. NPC storylines aren't like the highlight of the game.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah and even the "bad endings" for a lot of them are cool and often give you unique rewards so I'd just say go with your gut and let what happens happen

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
cool

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

swimsuit posted:

Bloodborne is a game that you should play completely blind

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah
i think its hard enough without wearing a blindfold, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.