Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

EccoRaven posted:

it was a trap, I just wanted two players I didn't know about to claim, it worked perfectly. I am extremely powerful.

Ah :v:

OK... then yeah... that also makes sense lol

##vote willie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Also, Ecco has a point. I am on UK time and a lot of my posts have been phone or iPad votes. It really shouldn’t take so long to claim watcher and come out with everything.

On the flip side, no one else is claiming watcher in this thread. We know that a Watcher is in the game. If the other watcher can make their presence known, this would make this process infinitely easier.

If no one else claims, I’m anxious about lynching Willie, even with the sound arguments

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
conversely, if someone other than willie is a watcher, they shouldn't counterclaim, because there's no need to out yourself for what is going to be a fairly routine vote.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
also

jimmydalad posted:

We know that a Watcher is in the game
you keep saying this but that doesn't make it true.

- There could be a tracker
- There could be a ninja who is there to mislead (like a godfather in a game without a cop)
- Some kind of watching/tracking could have been one of Toal's JOAT powers.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

EccoRaven posted:

also

you keep saying this but that doesn't make it true.

- There could be a tracker
- There could be a ninja who is there to mislead (like a godfather in a game without a cop)
- Some kind of watching/tracking could have been one of Toal's JOAT powers.

KB was a ninja in his flip, and I don't think the SK having a track/watch would invalidate the town possibility, but I do agree with point 1 and it is strange that jimmy keeps insisting on that, unless they insist on it because of KB's flip.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

We’re getting down to the wire and this next vote could be the one that tips us into MYLO. I’d rather not put ourselves in that situation if we don’t have to. If there’s no other watcher in the game, then the mere existence of a ninja is strong evidence that Willie is town. I don’t want us to accidentally vote off a power before we know everything.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

jimmydalad posted:

We’re getting down to the wire and this next vote could be the one that tips us into MYLO. I’d rather not put ourselves in that situation if we don’t have to. If there’s no other watcher in the game, then the mere existence of a ninja is strong evidence that Willie is town. I don’t want us to accidentally vote off a power before we know everything.

yeah, then nvm. it's entirely because of KBs flip... I guess it stands to reason that the SK may have had the capabilities, but there could also be a town tracker/(counter claim)watcher.... I agree they shouldn't claim unless they are actually a watcher and can nip it in the bud completely.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

KB was a ninja in his flip, and I don't think the SK having a track/watch would invalidate the town possibility, but I do agree with point 1 and it is strange that jimmy keeps insisting on that, unless they insist on it because of KB's flip.

It’s the ninja flip that has me anxious. I guess I don’t want to make a huge mistake and shoot ourselves in the foot. Though tracker is a possibility? What’s the difference between tracker and watcher?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

jimmydalad posted:

It’s the ninja flip that has me anxious. I guess I don’t want to make a huge mistake and shoot ourselves in the foot. Though tracker is a possibility? What’s the difference between tracker and watcher?

tracker follows, watcher sees.

you're overthinking this, it's not wrong but in this case Willie is scum not despite his claim but because of it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

jimmydalad posted:

tracker follows a person to see where they go, watcher watches a person to see who comes to them.

If there is a watcher they better have watched you at some point so I doubt there is because that person would have caught a roleblocker

Unless you are a lying scum!

I'm pretty positive you aren't though

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I don't think ecco is scum, but I do feel like maybe she was building up to something with the claim requests.

I'm kind of undecided on willie at the moment.

I think it's convenient, but I can see why he wouldn't out himself either if he's not lying.

Willie, what was your n1 action

who did you target and your result?

N1: Toalpaz jimmydalad visited!
N2: Cpig Action FAILED!
N3: Imgay no visits
N4: AA no visits

This is what I was going to post if people had had the patience to wait for me to get home, I wanted to make sure I got the order right and also use the correct language I had been sent in my PM's. Whilst I was away Ecco has set me up to fail, he is either very good scum or shockingly lovely town.

It's also why I am fairly certain Jimmy is town and telling the truth, and have said that from the start, but didn't want to out myself.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##unvote

:thunk:

Why toalpaz?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
omg

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
We have time and it is probably close to mylo/lylo.

Lurkers who haven't added anything to the discussion it is your time to shine.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
oh. nevermind.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I still thinkwe should vote imgay.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

b-minus1 posted:

I still thinkwe should vote imgay.

Why?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Unvote I am not comfortable voting for Wllie. I’m also sleeved off by how hard Ecco was/is pushing. While voting tonight probably won’t happen for her, she should be a suspect tomorrow.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

jimmydalad posted:

Unvote I am not comfortable voting for Wllie. I’m also sleeved off by how hard Ecco was/is pushing. While voting tonight probably won’t happen for her, she should be a suspect tomorrow.

Claimed watcher has one single result, which also happens to be one of like 2 total confirmed visits we have (assuming we trust you, which we mostly do). That's rather convenient.

(and besides this there's the whole process of how long he took him. Like what is even the point of saying "hey I'm watcher, my actual results will come in 10 hours". after I've had the chance to talk to scumbros about how to fake them)

Dancer
May 23, 2011
And for the record, please take it easy on the rolefishing. At mylo/lylo, we're sacrificing the identities of our power roles because we need to, but otherwise, they become increasingly more valuable the less people remain alive. If a watcher/tracker has a confirmed scum catch, they should claim, otherwise hold your peace.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Actually, that unvote didn’t register. Uhh I’m not sure how to feel. It does seem convenient, but also had Willie been supportive of my claim as gunsmith and being Town since day 2? Its hard to say. I don’t feel comfortable and I’m gonna go with my gut. ##Unvote

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Then again, if we don’t have anyone else to vote for :/

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

willie_dee posted:

If Jimmy is new there's no way he is this good at lying, his posting is too authentic. I will vote for Toalpaz.

willie_dee posted:

Are you saying you are suspicious of jimmydalad? Because they are pretty much confirmed town in my mind.

willie_dee posted:

eta until hammer?

tbh I would rather vote hambeet for randomly shooting Kitiara because I really don't see how that was justified, but I also don't want a no lynch.

Kitiara and Jimmy and slightly Asphyxious are the ones solidly on my not scum list, the rest of you are too complicated. You joke about not lynching admitted scum but that actually seems true and bizarre this game.

Im not gonna lie, his posting history is pretty solidly on my side from day 2 onwards. He’s consistently stated with confidence that I’m confirmed town in his mind multiple times over multiple days, even when I was doing potentially shady stuff like the cop gambit. Maybe I’m getting a bit too personal wit( this, but I have faith and believe that Willie is town and is the watcher. It’s gonna take someone coming out as Watcher or tracker to convince me otherwise

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Phone going to die, but I think I believe willie back soon

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
believe ceco scum

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Jimmy, I hate to do this, but I'm pulling rank here. Willie's claim was awful and screams scum. I say this from experience. please trust me. trust that I'm town and trust that I know what I'm talking about.

I know this is Mafia, but it's a game that builds on trust. You know I'm town because of my posting, you've said it mutliples times over multiple days. Your paranoia right now is not justified.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

Jimmy, I hate to do this, but I'm pulling rank here. Willie's claim was awful and screams scum. I say this from experience. please trust me. trust that I'm town and trust that I know what I'm talking about.

I know this is Mafia, but it's a game that builds on trust. You know I'm town because of my posting, you've said it mutliples times over multiple days. Your paranoia right now is not justified.

Ecco, you claimed early on you were Giles. If you’re not the watcher, what is your role?

Those words hurt though man. Geez

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

jimmydalad posted:

Ecco, you claimed early on you were Giles. If you’re not the watcher, what is your role?

Those words hurt though man. Geez

I have already claimed a role, why do you keep pestering me for it? you've asked me to claim multiple days in a row.

if you think I'm town, then trust that I know what I'm doing.

if you think I'm scum, then make a case or vote me.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
also heads up I'm literally the only vote on willie right now so if you are someone like Dancer and Hal who also agree with me about Willie now would be the time to join me before the brits go to bed!

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Ugh, honestly, compared to imgay, I have more confidence in you as a town member. ##vote Willie. If poo poo hits the fan, you are immediately going on my poo poo list. Then again, maybe were already in mylo. The paranoia is getting to me.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
thank you. I appreciate the trust and promise not to abuse the power.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I don’t like this at all

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Honestly, I’m looking at the two sides. I could go with Ecco, who has frequently put effort and demonstrated that they’re probably town aligned or I could go with imgay and Willie, the former who’s only commenting wit one liners at this point in the game while Willie has done suspect stuff. Though I’m reasonably confident that Willie is Watcher, from a purely logical standpoint, Ecco has the much more solid ground.

Unless something big happens that changes my mind, which apparently doesn’t have to be that big cause lol my mind’s a mess, I’m willing to go with Ecco today. If Willie flips town, then we can immediately suspect Ecco. After all, she’s the one that pushed the hardest on the lynch. That seems like pretty damning evidence.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

If someone is able to make a strong argument for why m6 vote should leave, please do so. I can only be awake for so long and I have a feeling my time playing mafia is affecting my sleep >.>

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
why doesn't ecco want to vote imgay... hmmmm

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

b-minus1 posted:

why doesn't ecco want to vote imgay... hmmmm

She was happy to vote for him day 1.

EccoRaven posted:

yeah you're right.

##unvote ##vote imgay

we shouldn't let someone who flagrantly won't play the game in the game. my vote will not move until imgay starts playing or someone scum claims or some other nonsense.

lurkers at least might get replaced. content lurkers won't.

EccoRaven posted:

first

##vote imgay

second

I Believe In Dancer.

that's it.

She’s also said that we can vote for him tomorrow and we should focus on Willie right now.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

Jimmy, I hate to do this, but I'm pulling rank here.

Lol.

This is so ridiculous and very transparent, my vote is staying on Ecco, if I go tonight, do him tomorrow without even thinking about it and be very mad at yourselves for falling for this bullshit.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
Sorry she, didn't realise.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

willie_dee posted:

Lol.

This is so ridiculous and very transparent, my vote is staying on Ecco, if I go tonight, do him tomorrow without even thinking about it and be very mad at yourselves for falling for this bullshit.

you can't do anything, they pulled rank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

EccoRaven posted:

Ecco, I hate to do this, but I'm pulling rank here. Your certainty and expertise has already been demonstrated wrong several times this game about me, about pig, a weird deflection following your push on imgay and some pressure on gaspy. Your heavy handed push on willie looks like you're trying to force a miss lunch.

His post history and claimed actions line up. And he expressed personal reasons for not being available right away.

EccoRaven posted:

pig I'll give you the night to retract your claim and come up with a better defense before I Go All Out and you know what that'll mean for you so I suggest as your mafiacquaintance to choose the better path.

EccoRaven posted:

I'll be honest, I mostly just had a hunch that Willie and imgay were connected, but it's comforting to see this unfold so poorly.

Weird that you still implicate imgay but dont press him. What makes willie more suspect in this moment.

• Locked thread