Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

raton posted:

Garlic too

Garlic got together with Olive (oil) and are giving people botulism to this very day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

raton posted:

thats full of those plastic drums murderers use

Do you live in Adelaide or something?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Do you live in Adelaide or something?

Wherever has the most murderers

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

raton posted:

Wherever has the most murderers

So that's a yes.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live

raton posted:

Costco is a terrible place to buy onions

The 20lb bag is too much onion!

Don't you know onions go bad COSTCO you DUMB PRICK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TJMqmscRS8

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

I wish I could muster up the effort to make something like this.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
After wedding report: cotsco spiced rum is pretty smooth. Extremely sweet though. American vodka is a good mixing vodka aslo. And everyone was right, 2 bottles of liquor was nowhere near enough for the after party. It was pretty much all gone the day before the wedding.

Cotsco flannels kept me nice and warm in the 54 degree mornings and nights! A+ product time and time again!

Pbuc

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Chocolates of the world are back in stock this year. There's some dang idiot that's removed most of the good chocolates and replaced them with crap. Nobody wants pumpkin spice chocolate, snickerdoodle (does not contain any chocolate - white chocolate is not chocolate), and key lime pie flavored chocolate. Get the belgian chocolate box instead.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Whooping Crabs posted:

Chocolates of the world are back in stock this year. There's some dang idiot that's removed most of the good chocolates and replaced them with crap. Nobody wants pumpkin spice chocolate, snickerdoodle (does not contain any chocolate - white chocolate is not chocolate), and key lime pie flavored chocolate. Get the belgian chocolate box instead.

That sounds loving gross.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Whooping Crabs posted:

Can confirm, didn't like most of this year's Chocolates of the World.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
I bought the Chocolates of the World a few weeks back. Too many of them are milk chocolate. I actually like key lime truffles, but mine only came with a single one. I'm just going to stick to the Sanders Sea Salt Caramels as those are the best.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

GI_Clutch posted:

I bought the Chocolates of the World a few weeks back. Too many of them are milk chocolate. I actually like key lime truffles, but mine only came with a single one. I'm just going to stick to the Sanders Sea Salt Caramels as those are the best.

I miss the dark chocolate with contreau they always used to include before last year

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

therobit posted:

That sounds loving great.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Yo thread when does the Beer Advent Calendar usually hit shelves???

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fake James posted:

i saw it at the costco in harrisonburg, va two weeks ago

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
My Costco has them, but they're already just about sold out. I bought it last year and was very disappointed. Only like 4 or 5 of them are good and the rest suck.

Douche4Sale
May 8, 2003

...and then God said, "Let there be douche!"

Jingleheimer posted:

My Costco has them, but they're already just about sold out. I bought it last year and was very disappointed. Only like 4 or 5 of them are good and the rest suck.

Yeah it was very disappointing.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I saw them last week and was in awe until I saw the price, then it was the bad kind of awe. $70 is out of control.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
I saw two brands of Sherpa throw at Costco, which is the Throw?

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Holy shiiiit

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Olanphonia posted:

I saw two brands of Sherpa throw at Costco, which is the Throw?
I think you're talking about the Life Comfort one vs Monte & Jardin brand. I actually was only buying the Life Comfort ones before I realized Monte & Jardin are also good and the big ones people often talk about.

I think it depends on your application. If you just want something small for 1 person to use on a couch, the Life Comfort one is pretty good and a bit thicker/warmer, but if you try to share it with an partner it's then just a struggle tug of war trying to wrap it around oneself in bliss and then the other yanking it away because it's just not that big. The Monte & Jardin one is thinner, but the queen is loving huge. It's the size you want to have a giant orgy under. This may actually be a bit too big if you just want to throw it on a couch, but perfect for a queen-size bed to use as a comforter.

Life Comfort:
- Just one size, kind of enlarged beach-towill size fit for basically 1 person
- Thicker and warmer
- Fleece is a cozier / smoother

Monte:
- Queen and King size. Queen is loving ginormous and enough for 3 adults and I can't see a point in buying the King
- Thinner and slightly cooler
- Fleece is a bit worse but still cozy

both are like the same price and equally soft on the top tho which is all that matters.

and ive now written way too much about sherpas

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

Jingleheimer posted:

Sucks to hear, but good to know ahead of time.

FogHelmut posted:

I saw them last week and was in awe until I saw the price, then it was the bad kind of awe. $70 is out of control.

Also extremely sucks to hear and extremely good to know, holy poo poo hard pass

Ravendas
Sep 29, 2001

Ravendas posted:

Costco flooring locally are booked out for weeks. I put in my info in the costco website, and I got a call a day later from some local flooring company contracted out to Costco. "When would you like us to come out with the samples?" "Tuesday would be great," "Oh haha we are booked out for three weeks."

Then why are you asking me when I'm free? Tell me when you're free. Earliest date please!

So, October 30th I'm having their person come out with the flooring samples, take the measurements, and get the total written right there. Which is great, except the month's 15% cashback bonus ends on the 28th. Wonder if they'll still honor it.

Minor update:
I talked to the dude always standing in front of the kiosks for these kind of things on my way out today. I told him the story above, and asked if I'd get the 15% or not. He kinda waffled, saying that I should, but it's usually done by the day it's paid for, but then again they sometimes have a week or two leeway period to still get it, but if not I can just come back in and talk to him and he'll 'pull some strings' to get the extra 5% (since the standard deal is 10%). He also said it comes direct from Costco, so the company it gets farmed to might not even know if I qualify for it or not, but it would still be good to mention.

The samples and measuring guy comes out next week, I'll update with how that goes.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my beer advent calendar is a 30 rack of keystone. :beerpal:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

So I'm hustling my Postmates job at night after I work during the day because we live in a hellscape and I think hey I'll get a Costco dog and a coke it's like 8:30 PM and they close at 9 and there will be no line!

Naaaaaaw. Line out the rear end. Americans need their poverty food at 8:30 PM on a Friday night and I am one of them. :(

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Fake James posted:

They have the German one in Seattle already. I was hoping they would have a local beer one, since I have friends coming in from Germany for Christmas, and thought it would be fun for them.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FogHelmut posted:

i want to say i bought it for $50 3 years back? yikes thats gone up quite a bit.

also all the beers were expired technically, but ultimately i dont think it really matters for beer. i did not finish them until like 3 months later just because i really dont drink, esp not on weekdays since i just get tired and often have poo poo to do, so it was kinda awkward having to then just drink a bunch on the weekend which defeats the purpose.

also a lot of em kinda were a bit lovely

kinda a cool idea, but not really practical in practice for most people i think. a local beer one would be a bit neater, but really just buying a random assortment from bevmo or even costo's craft beer selection, would be a lot cheaper and better quality.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Bought ANOTHER flannel today. I just realized there are 5 color schmes. I now own :siren:3:siren:

Pbuf

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

FilthyImp posted:

My wife got the comfy Sherpa-Lined flannel and she passed out on the couch with it on.

Sadly, the mens receive no sherpa lining, but the heavyweight flannels are amazing. I feel like Al Borland.
They're also cut in a way that makes my gross fat blob body not look hideous so thanks Costco!

Keep looking, I found a sherpa lined men's flannel last time I went.

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Bought ANOTHER flannel today. I just realized there are 5 color schmes. I now own :siren:3:siren:

Pbuf

I've got probably in the vicinity of 15 costco flannels ive collected over the years. They're the best.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

woah

I need to try this

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

This guy is amazing and while I don't eat meat I still want to cook this recipe.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I've never seen his videos before, and at first the way he talks really annoyed me. But I ended up spending all morning on his channel and his speech really grew on me after a bit, and I love his dad humor and self awareness.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
I sure hope we get alot of trick or treaters this year. I don't want to have to eat this 20lbs of candy myself or I'm gonna die.

2 years ago we had a ton. Last year we had almost nobody. We went door to door trying to give the stuff away, treat or tricking.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Food Wishes is a fantastic cooking channel and I literally learned how to cook from him a few years ago.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
My Costco mailer came in today. Sales on 8 packs of toothbrushes and 5 packs of toothpaste. Perfect timing since I'm on the last of each. Also they have thermal bottoms. Kinda like BJJ rash guards. Those are awesome in WI winters and they're loving $6.99. Probably $30 anywhere else. They reflect heat back into your body. I would have gone today but it doesn't start until the 31st.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

New Costco sales circular is the best time of month

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
I'm gonna bulk up on thermal pants. I tried to get through last season in a single pair and blew my crotch out

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon
Made a stop last night, picked up some essentials (chips, organic lemonade, thermal pants, chicken).

Also got a bottle of 20 year Kirkland Single Malt Scotch. Hope it's good, it's a gift for a friend's birthday.

Here's our lame soda machine with no caffeine free soda:

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

fordham posted:

Made a stop last night, picked up some essentials (chips, organic lemonade, thermal pants, chicken).

Also got a bottle of 20 year Kirkland Single Malt Scotch. Hope it's good, it's a gift for a friend's birthday.

Here's our lame soda machine with no caffeine free soda:

There's a little lever you can pull for soda water.

That's caffeine free, and sugar free to boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The nonfat yogurt is also caffeine free