Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seri
Sep 29, 2013
If they are successful in making me actually care about my horse and it dies, I swear I'm killing all NPCs around me in a fit of rage and grief.

THIS IS FOR CUPCAKE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Gonna shave every RDR2 morning to keep my beard right.

[In reality ends up with a massive beard as I stop caring]

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

I can't believe that's only a 4/10 level beard. A 10/10 beard is going to be ridiculous.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
i am gonna go full burnside with a pajamas and suspenders like a true proto goon.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Oct 24, 2018

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Uhh. Has arthur always had blonde hair?

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

PancakeTransmission posted:

RDR2 digital: $99 AUD ($70 USD)
Physical: $69 AUD ($48 USD) (discounted price, EB is still selling it for $99 lol)

Yes, this makes perfect sense as we all know it's more expensive to upload files to a server than to press a disc and print a booklet/map/sleeve cover, ship to a store, and employ people at the store to sell the game.

I don't understand either. If they made the digital price significantly lower I would be more likely to buy in the PS Store. Now I usually buy the physical disc because it's cheaper and I can even lend the game to friends or sell it once I'm done.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Why would they want you to pay less for anything?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

The whole console pricing situation is hosed up. Sony and co. want everyone to go digital. The best way to do this would be to price downloads sensibly but they can't do that because they still rely a lot on brick and mortar stores who wouldn't put up with it. Sony also hate the second hand market, which a lot of brick and mortars rely on.

Steam took off partly because it coincided with shops pretty much stopping selling PC games anyway. That's not going to happen with consoles.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can you do a muttonstache?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

DoctorGonzo posted:

can you do a muttonstache?

you goddamn well better

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Ahh rats. Pre-ordered. Tried playing RDR a couple of times and got bogged down in Must Collect All The Things. Gave it another go with PSNow's week-long free trial and had a good time.

The main things that sold me were

1: It is gorgeous

2: Be Nice To A Horse Simulator 2018

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

PancakeTransmission posted:

RDR2 digital: $99 AUD ($70 USD)
Physical: $69 AUD ($48 USD) (discounted price, EB is still selling it for $99 lol)

Yes, this makes perfect sense as we all know it's more expensive to upload files to a server than to press a disc and print a booklet/map/sleeve cover, ship to a store, and employ people at the store to sell the game.
How do EB stay in business when they’re the worst price by $20 or more for every new game?

I agree digital costs are a joke. I’d go 100% digital for new games if they matched store discounts.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to style my hair with pommade and gussy myself up like a dapper gent!

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Flint_Paper posted:

2: Be Nice To A Horse Simulator 2018

But sometimes your horse gets injured and can't stand up and the only way to help it is to put it out of its misery :( There's even a dedicated animation for doing it.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Bardeh posted:

But sometimes your horse gets injured and can't stand up and the only way to help it is to put it out of its misery :( There's even a dedicated animation for doing it.

I know the leaked clip you're referring to and goddamn that was one of the most uncomfortable things I've seen in a video game.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/9qywei/those_damn_odriscolls/

The lighting and environments look incredible.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Shoehead posted:

It's gone, what did it say?

Installation from disk will take 90-120 minutes.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Junkenstein posted:

The whole console pricing situation is hosed up. Sony and co. want everyone to go digital. The best way to do this would be to price downloads sensibly but they can't do that because they still rely a lot on brick and mortar stores who wouldn't put up with it. Sony also hate the second hand market, which a lot of brick and mortars rely on.
I traded in BLOPS4 towards my EB Games price-matched to JB preorder (Only had to pay an extra $3.50 I actually made a profit on BLOPS4) and as I was still talking to the lady about Midnight launches, she was already putting a Pre-Owned on the game I traded in a minute ago.
Or Sony wants me to pay $99 for a digital copy :lol:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I traded in a bunch of Xbox 360 games for it, seems like a good deal for me.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
What's the bet that the base xbone version will be at 900p like a lot of other games this gen? I have both bone and ps4 but I prefer the xbone controller. If the resolution is going to be worse on the bone though, I'll go for ps4 because I'd rather crisper visuals than a more comfortable controller. If it turns out that the bone version will be 1080p I'll get that, but I just don't know if (probably not) there will be any comparisons on that tomorrow!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Aphex- posted:

What's the bet that the base xbone version will be at 900p like a lot of other games this gen? I have both bone and ps4 but I prefer the xbone controller. If the resolution is going to be worse on the bone though, I'll go for ps4 because I'd rather crisper visuals than a more comfortable controller. If it turns out that the bone version will be 1080p I'll get that, but I just don't know if (probably not) there will be any comparisons on that tomorrow!

100%

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

I'm going for maximum beard length before I touch a razor, drat it. Mountain man ftw!

Also, the real question is: can I get stupid drunk in a bar before I play cards and start a bar fight? This is the big seller question, Rockstar. :clint: :toughguy:

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Oct 24, 2018

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
can i use an eyepatch and let my hair grow?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Shoehead posted:

It's gone, what did it say?

Install from disk takes an eternity (or like 2 hours), one disk is install only, the other is the play disk.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I'll hold off being smug about that just in case I'm sitting in my front room at 1am still waiting for the preload to extract itself..

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

This is the best of the leaks.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Bardeh posted:

Pre-order cancelled.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Install from disk takes an eternity (or like 2 hours), one disk is install only, the other is the play disk.

I pre-ordered RDR2 two e3s ago for $50 CDN. I’m seriously considering pre-ordering the digital version so I can play right away on Thursday and then selling the physical when it finally arrives.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Shoehead posted:

I'll hold off being smug about that just in case I'm sitting in my front room at 1am still waiting for the preload to extract itself..

It doesn't do that, you can launch it the second the countdown ends

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

hello friends i just preordered the ultimate edition because i have more money than sense

cant wait to stand in line at gamestop tomorrow night among the horde of neckbeards starkly reflecting my poor life choices back at me

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

I am stupidly looking forward to dressing up my cowboy Barbie and then going to pet my horse

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Going to play this whole drat game waiting and hoping for an Elder Scrolls pun

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

ElwoodCuse posted:

It doesn't do that, you can launch it the second the countdown ends

Nicccee.

My Fiance is away on her annual punk pilgrimage, I've been finding it hard to sleep without her, so I'm taking refuge in Sergio Leone for the moment. I forgot how good For a Few Dollars More is, I haven't seen it since I was a kid

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I can't wait to kill all the horses while sporting a Lemmy-stache.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

rap music posted:

hello friends i just preordered the ultimate edition because i have more money than sense

cant wait to stand in line at gamestop tomorrow night among the horde of neckbeards starkly reflecting my poor life choices back at me

Is that the version that doesn't come with the game?

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/9qzq1g/weapon_shop_gameplay_accidentally_deleted_the/

Click to see the frankly unnecessary amount of knife customisation available.

UrbicaMortis fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Oct 24, 2018

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Nolgthorn posted:

Is that the version that doesn't come with the game?

You're thinking of the Collector's Box.

Man, that is crazy detail. And my mind immediately jumps to having that in RDR Online. Wonder what else gets customization like that.

Zaa Boogie fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 24, 2018

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Zaa Boogie posted:

You're thinking of the Collector's Box.

Somewhere the hardest of hardcore RDR fan is going to get that on release day expecting the game.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Nah, the "box full of trinkets but not the game" has been a thing for a while now because of digital distribution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

The shopkeeper is very sad when he isn't allowed to talk about how cool every gun is.

OH! Moving on then...