Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Because it sounds like somebody feels like The Thing is infecting based on RNG, which

Is a Very Specific Thing to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

i still say he's scummy as gently caress but i don't think i'm getting traction on it

want to do this, keane?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

CCKeane posted:

Because it sounds like somebody feels like The Thing is infecting based on RNG, which

Is a Very Specific Thing to know.

I'm talking chance because i was trying to put some numbers down to see the best course of the next vote. of course it's not rng'd, it says the infected choose in the op

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

sure vote me i said, i'll vote too if it makes it easier. i'm uninfected. it really does not matter at this point, except to say that it's laughable people are trying to pick up scum slips. i think the scummiest thing to do this game is act like we can solve the game that way.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

:ironicat:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

redneck nazgul posted:

i still say he's scummy as gently caress but i don't think i'm getting traction on it

want to do this, keane?

why equivocate? i'm not going to die by you voting me. it's not like you might kill a town power role.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
##vote Keane

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yeah ++

##vote keane

i can only assume infected are going to front foot the 'who's the scummiest' play to try steer the vote towards uninfected, and then probably infect them that night.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

hambeet posted:

why equivocate? i'm not going to die by you voting me. it's not like you might kill a town power role.

Right? I don't understand the desire to scumhunt in this game like it was any other mafia game. I don't think scumslips or scum tells can happen in this format.

##vote Keane

I assume things are happening behind the scenes otherwise our chances are ... real bad.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Well the infected can't talk according to the OP. So all they can do is see what the other infected are doing in thread and follow suit, or try to take the lead themselves by playing a particular way.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

hambeet posted:

Well the infected can't talk according to the OP. So all they can do is see what the other infected are doing in thread and follow suit, or try to take the lead themselves by playing a particular way.

I suppose? Stakes feel rather low, I guess is what I'm saying. No pressure to perform and thus slip or tip their hand.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Rhjamiz posted:

I suppose? Stakes feel rather low, I guess is what I'm saying. No pressure to perform and thus slip or tip their hand.

Oh no I agree with this, and I think I said it yesterday or this morning, but now seeing keane stretching for some sort of slip and redneck pretending like voting me matters makes me think there will be some sort of behaviours come out that we might be able to base some decisions around.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

do your worst

have at thee

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

redneck nazgul posted:

do your worst

have at thee

:shrug:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

redneck nazgul posted:

do your worst

have at thee

Abandon your RNG and vote Keane.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

to what end?

how can i be sure this isn't some coordinated ploy to subvert the good strategy of "RNG it"?

i don't think i like what's going on here, to be quite honest

nothing that's happened in the game thus far substantiates voting keane over an RNG vote

granted, someone's going to take this as "omg must protect keane", but that's not it at all

hell, keane and i go way back. i'd eat a bug for him

unless he's scum, then i'd kill him, because i'm town and that's what townspeople do. or if we're both scum and i have to bus him.

not that i've played recently and had an opportunity to bus anyone anywhere

that's kind of irrelevant, i apologize

everybody just needs to calm down and go back to the RNG strategy

really. if we all just RNG the vote and agree on it, we'll stand a better chance. if we don't, we're hosed.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

redneck nazgul posted:

to what end?

how can i be sure this isn't some coordinated ploy to subvert the good strategy of "RNG it"?

i don't think i like what's going on here, to be quite honest

nothing that's happened in the game thus far substantiates voting keane over an RNG vote

granted, someone's going to take this as "omg must protect keane", but that's not it at all

hell, keane and i go way back. i'd eat a bug for him

unless he's scum, then i'd kill him, because i'm town and that's what townspeople do. or if we're both scum and i have to bus him.

not that i've played recently and had an opportunity to bus anyone anywhere

that's kind of irrelevant, i apologize

everybody just needs to calm down and go back to the RNG strategy

really. if we all just RNG the vote and agree on it, we'll stand a better chance. if we don't, we're hosed.

My current reservation; you've just told us "Oh I used google and it told me six." without us being able to verify that this is, in fact, random and not just monsterish misdirection.

Is linking to Orokos allowed in these things? That's the first thing that comes to mind for me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

So, to be clear, I have people voting me after I started asking hambeet questions as to why he is assuming an RNG?

And we had three people voting me in rapid succession?

And we're expecting there to be three infected?

##vote hambeet

Seems pretty straightforward to me, here.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

CCKeane posted:

So, to be clear, I have people voting me after I started asking hambeet questions as to why he is assuming an RNG?

##vote hambeet

As far as I see, he's speaking statistically, not assuming RNG. We have no idea if there are any restrictions on infected recruitment choice. The OP clearly states the infected choose, so this line of attack looks nonsensical.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Rhjamiz posted:

As far as I see, he's speaking statistically, not assuming RNG. We have no idea if there are any restrictions on infected recruitment choice. The OP clearly states the infected choose, so this line of attack looks nonsensical.

P.much

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

##vote hambeet

let's do this

btw i am now confirmed town

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

CCKeane posted:

##vote hambeet

redneck nazgul posted:

##vote hambeet

let's do this

lol have people given up on this game or something?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

redneck nazgul posted:

well no, you're not. you were uninfected at the end of yesterday, but you could have been infected last night. so you could be anything now, but one thing you're definitely not is 'confirmed town'.

so yeah sure, vote for me if you must. you gotta vote someone. but don't vote for the guy at -2 though. just split the vote instead, yeah?

at least tonight's vig should be easier.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

CCKeane (4): GulagDolls, Toalpaz, hambeet, Rhjamiz
hambeet (2): redneck nazgul, redneck nazgul, CCKeane, redneck nazgul
Anomalous Amalgam (1): redneck nazgul, Anomalous Amalgam, redneck nazgul
Hal Incandenza (0): redneck nazgul, hambeet, hambeet, redneck nazgul

Not Voting (3): chaoslord, Dick Bastardly, Hal Incandenza

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 24th, 2018 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 17 hours, 25 minutes.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

hambeet posted:

well no, you're not. you were uninfected at the end of yesterday, but you could have been infected last night. so you could be anything now, but one thing you're definitely not is 'confirmed town'.

you see, people that would know why i'm now confirmed town, we’re from different, ancient tribes. now we’re both almost extinct. sometimes you gotta stick with the ancient ways. old-school ways.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

*fist bump*

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rhjamiz posted:

Okay, so why assume as statistical model that has random chance instead of assuming someone is attempting to select based on playstyle?

Like pushing toward RNG as a means of thing selection out of nowhere is really bizarre and seems to what to shut down meaningful discussion of choices.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

CCKeane posted:

Okay, so why assume as statistical model that has random chance instead of assuming someone is attempting to select based on playstyle?

Like pushing toward RNG as a means of thing selection out of nowhere is really bizarre and seems to what to shut down meaningful discussion of choices.
Because we can't predict that play style or be certain of their choices, obviously?

If we could we'd be having an extremely different conversation.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

CCKeane (4): GulagDolls, Toalpaz, hambeet, Rhjamiz
hambeet (2): redneck nazgul, redneck nazgul, CCKeane, redneck nazgul
Anomalous Amalgam (1): redneck nazgul, Anomalous Amalgam, redneck nazgul
Hal Incandenza (0): redneck nazgul, hambeet, hambeet, redneck nazgul

Not Voting (3): chaoslord, Dick Bastardly, Hal Incandenza

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is October 24th, 2018 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 4 hours, 12 minutes.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sorry I've been away. I think it should be one of beet or redneck, I'm inclined to think redneck just because of the effort, but it also comes across as genuine with some weird exceptions

redneck nazgul posted:

##vote hambeet

let's do this

This is weird.

I feel like beet maybe just is interpreting how night can resolve strangely, or at least initially.

I would still test redneck in all honesty, but ##vote beet

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hambeet has actually brought up some good points this game, dunno why we need to test the beetster.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeah cool vote me, sure. It does not bother me. I've not been tested yet, so it's somewhat productive.

But!

I'm super curious that Keane hasn't been tested yet and redneck (who was tested yesterday) really doesn't seem to want to test Keane. He'll test either his Google rng #6 (and he wanted us to stick to the rng) but now he'll also test me. Not Keane though.

:thunk:

Also AA tell me how am I interpreting things strange on night actions?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

lynch test all mafia dads (or moms)

it's a pretty good policy when you don't know what's going on

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

hambeet posted:

Yeah cool vote me, sure. It does not bother me. I've not been tested yet, so it's somewhat productive.

But!

I'm super curious that Keane hasn't been tested yet and redneck (who was tested yesterday) really doesn't seem to want to test Keane. He'll test either his Google rng #6 (and he wanted us to stick to the rng) but now he'll also test me. Not Keane though.

:thunk:

Also AA tell me how am I interpreting things strange on night actions?

Well that whole bit about me being uninfected, I mean I don't mind the vote of confidence, but I think it reasons to stand that you could both get the gun, and then also be infected.

I don't think they are mutually exclusive. Granted, I am uninfected, I just don't think it's absolute that if you get the gun, you cannot be infected.

Honestly, I'd rather test redneck so I have no problem switching there.

What's the case on Keane? I haven't been following this game as closely.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Cool. Vote Keane then. He has more votes on him.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Well that whole bit about me being uninfected, I mean I don't mind the vote of confidence, but I think it reasons to stand that you could both get the gun, and then also be infected.

I don't think they are mutually exclusive. Granted, I am uninfected, I just don't think it's absolute that if you get the gun, you cannot be infected.

Honestly, I'd rather test redneck so I have no problem switching there.

What's the case on Keane? I haven't been following this game as closely.

I never said you couldn't be, I just said odds on it's less likely that you were both the gun recipient and infected on the same night.

I even spelled out why I was trying to work that out, to see what our odds were for hitting an infected in the player in the remaining population. Did it improve dramatically just by removing one person, you? Because we knew you didn't start the night infected.

Nope turns out only 3% and I abandoned that idea.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

hambeet posted:

I never said you couldn't be, I just said odds on it's less likely that you were both the gun recipient and infected on the same night.

I even spelled out why I was trying to work that out, to see what our odds were for hitting an infected in the player in the remaining population. Did it improve dramatically just by removing one person, you? Because we knew you didn't start the night infected.

Nope turns out only 3% and I abandoned that idea.

Ah, I haven't caught up in full ngl, so If i look like more of a jack rear end than usual this is why. I skimmed made some hot takes

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
toalpaz's keane push + beet defense seems weird to me

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
the combination seems a bit out of the blue, either of those alone wouldn't ping me i don't think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##vote beet

• Locked thread