Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Well since the winner here will be up against someone who will bounce their rear end in the quarter finals regardless I'll vote Bando because I think he's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't believe they're actually making Hatsumi fight. Totally thought they'd killed Bando so he'd have the easiest tourney match-up out of everyone.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Sen is a lazy piece of poo poo. But he's drat good if he's in "condition" which is accomplished by fighting round after round. His first fight was a really easy. He needs a good fight to really hit his peak.

Pharma CEO is still on Nogi's side, he's just giving Sen a warmup.

Or it's good old backstabbing.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh the warmup thing makes sense but you'd think Nogi would be in on it, dude seems pretty surprised(?) to see Bando.

At least, there are a buncha lighting lines around him when Bando shows up.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Looks to me that he's more anxious. This is a gambit for sure, Bando is a really strong fighter and could take out Sen. But if Sen advances he would be in top condition.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Sen now has to kill bando that he doesn't want to have to do. It is interesting that Sen is a nogi fighter though since we didn't know that before

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Joseance posted:

Sen now has to kill bando that he doesn't want to have to do. It is interesting that Sen is a nogi fighter though since we didn't know that before

Sen has always been Nogi's fighter, the one actually representing Nogi's company himself instead of a puppet company like Kazzy or Rihito.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I don't think it was ever stated though. Just that he is s notorious flake and people were surprised that nogi got him to turn up for the tournament. It also explains why nogi was confident about winning the whole thing considering what is on the line for him

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

We learned it way back when in chapter 19.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/3826/1

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Joseance posted:

I don't think it was ever stated though. Just that he is s notorious flake and people were surprised that nogi got him to turn up for the tournament. It also explains why nogi was confident about winning the whole thing considering what is on the line for him

It was so long ago its easy to forget.

Nogi first was like "i want ohma, but he needs to prove himself first". So he did by owning people like Jun and Rihito and then that bastard was all like "lol jk I'm not gonna hire you imma get Sen instead".

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I missed kaede saying that. I thought he was just generally s flake

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ohma beating Sen in the final after how badly he lost last time would be cool. not as cool as Muteba winning the tournament though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://mangadex.org/chapter/469167/1

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Ok, this is very promising beginning. This might be a super rad fight.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I guess Bando can stretch his arms like loving Luffy as well to do those long distance hammer punches?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Plutonis posted:

I guess Bando can stretch his arms like loving Luffy as well to do those long distance hammer punches?

he can do the zoom punch like in Jojos

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Hatsumi has some fun facial expressions

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Plutonis posted:

ever see a jack-in-the-box? bando is a boxing-glove-in-a-box

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Bando won't win the tournament but he's certainly in the running for silliest powers

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
The "tut-tut" got a chuckle out of me

I like how this series has several characters who feel like they could have been the main protagonist

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
"My eardrums finally healed up" after like, an hour maybe.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

RatHat posted:

He's very sturdy.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
A few more rounds of this tournament and someone is gonna start throwing Ki Blasts.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope the anime takes cues from Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, and has people making plane noises as they throw powerful punches.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RatHat posted:

How did Sekiyabashi get so messed up? Dude sat out the second round. :confused:

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

What? Sekiyabashi fought Kiozan Takeru in round one and Muteba Gizenga in round two.

stratego
May 6, 2007

golden bubble posted:

What? Sekiyabashi fought Kiozan Takeru in round one and Muteba Gizenga in round two.

No, it was the Marvelous Seki. Whoosh.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I hope the anime takes cues from Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, and has people making plane noises as they throw powerful punches.

i hope it takes cues from the final fight of mgs 4

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I like how this is clearly the move he used against that fanatic in prison to win in a split second but he didn't even feel like it was necessary for Hanafusa. Basically got himself killed with that idea but still.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

ElBrak posted:

A few more rounds of this tournament and someone is gonna start throwing Ki Blasts.

Ohma's Advance and the Kure Clan's Removal are basically Kaiokens already.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Remember when the Kure Clan elder got REALLY mad at Ohma and his face broke off and there was like a cosmic void inside his head?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That wasn't literal, it was metaphoric.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

verbal enema posted:

Remember when the Kure Clan elder got REALLY mad at Ohma and his face broke off and there was like a cosmic void inside his head?

wat

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I've been rereading and just got to this bit, it's the end of chapter 38:

The style is so much rougher early on, it's incredible how much Daromeon has improved. Also I totally forgot that Kaneda only got into the tournament by stealing someone's spot on the ship.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

That's some Miyamoto Musashi tactics right there.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Begemot posted:

The style is so much rougher early on, it's incredible how much Daromeon has improved. Also I totally forgot that Kaneda only got into the tournament by stealing someone's spot on the ship.

A lot of you probably already know this, but if you want to see what his art was like much earlier, he also drew Ketchup Ninja (which is also good and shows how he could come up with such a wonderful representative of the USA as Adam Dudley).

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ytlaya posted:

A lot of you probably already know this, but if you want to see what his art was like much earlier, he also drew Ketchup Ninja (which is also good and shows how he could come up with such a wonderful representative of the USA as Adam Dudley).

Adam Dudley is a wonderful representative of humanity, not just of the USA. We should all aspire to be more like Adam Dudley.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

ElBrak posted:

that's in the street fighter bonus chapter

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://mangadex.org/chapter/469518/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i hope bando gets out of this okay, so he can go back to murdering yakuza and cops.