Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lizard Combatant posted:

I don't know much about spudderman, but he calls her Aunt May not Mom May.

It's the woman that raised him since he was a small child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Skwirl posted:

It's the woman that raised him since he was a small child.

Take it up with him then.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Does she make him breakfast?

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Lizard Combatant posted:

I don't know much about spudderman, but he calls her Aunt May not Mom May.

Aunt Mom

canis minor
May 4, 2011

It's good, but sometimes reeks of dad jokes. Still, probably will be buying tome 3

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

canis minor posted:

It's good, but sometimes reeks of dad jokes. Still, probably will be buying tome 3

you reek

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.
The gently caress is a vcr

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

A miserable pile of VHS

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Just Offscreen posted:

https://youtu.be/vkbQmH5MPME

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Just Offscreen posted:

It's a thing that makes things look a e s t h e t i c

Blog Free or Die
Apr 30, 2005

FOR THE MOTHERLAND

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Just Offscreen posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z4iw8Ppo1o

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Strudel Man posted:

I have a feeling there's a 1:1 correspondence between ligma likers and the people who are still amused by loss edits.

Checks out. I love both

Slimy Hog posted:

I hate ligma etc all and love loss edits. So you're wrong.

the exception that proves the rule.

snergle has a new favorite as of 00:27 on Oct 25, 2018

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

I love this

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Johnny Aztec posted:

Mole man is all " Heh, I've gotten stuck in your Aunt May's water spout a few times, if you know what im saying ;)"

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

drat

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

canis minor posted:

I had never read more than a few of the earlier strips, but I got both volumes in the latest kickstarter. Reading them straight through, the Kiefer arc is probably three times longer than it should be (and it's not even done by the end of V2!). I was hoping for more D&D/RPG send-ups with great art, less "rear end in a top hat cool vampire dominates the main characters using typical abusive partner techniques (and maybe vampire magic)". Should've been staked by Steve by the middle of the second book.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Aunt Mom will only be wearing snowsuits from now on.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
It's microwave's mom not microwave's aunt!

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I think the most annoying thing about this is the red noses. Why do people do that? Look at this:

Still terrible, obviously, but about a thousand times less infuriating.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
'Tumblr nose' they used to call it. I blame artists taught by the internet.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

i thought penny arcade started it

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Penny Arcade was if anything a latecomer to the existing fad. It was mostly restricted to tumblr comics that no one else cared about. (still is, really)

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Tiberius Christ posted:

i thought penny arcade started it

Do you have an example of that, because I can't see PA using it now at least.

Their spin-off-ish comic The Trenches has had it from the start though, and it annoyed me then just as it does now. (Man, that comic was obnoxious in so many ways.)
http://trenchescomic.com/comic/post/9811

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Tiggum posted:

I think the most annoying thing about this is the red noses. Why do people do that? Look at this:

Still terrible, obviously, but about a thousand times less infuriating.

ACtually, that comic is really good, and very funny.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

this one got me to exhale through my nose

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Always love to see a new Wizard Master post

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Tiggum posted:

It's because if you want to paint realistically, you vary skin tone, and it tends to be more pinkish in areas like the nose with a lot of blood. The world being what it is, some people just copy the style of paintings like that, and exaggerate. Then some people copy them and exaggerate, until you end up with 'noses are red cos it's my style man'.

e: Also, what sort of prole drinks tea with the pinky in, loving barbarians.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
If you're going full mug or don't have a handle on a large cup the extra leverage afforded by the pinky can be helpful. If you're using a small cup and drinking pinky in you will be the first to be cast into the sea

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

For my entire life, pinkys out is a joke. A cartoon character is wiping his rear end or some other undignified thing, but in their cargo culting of rich guy manners, they have absorbed that pinkys out always equals good breeding. The joke has never not been this person is dumb and ridiculous and they are sticking their pinkys out and they think that makes it better.

So why did people stick their pinkys out ever, in the first place, if for the entire span of observable history, it's been a dumb joke thing for actresses to do before jim carrey comes in and farts on their character and they have to drop their monocles into their tea and say my word!!!!!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It started as a way for horsefaced British aristocrats to distinguish themselves from their servants OP

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Krinkle posted:

So why did people stick their pinkys out ever, in the first place, if for the entire span of observable history, it's been a dumb joke thing for actresses to do before jim carrey comes in and farts on their character and they have to drop their monocles into their tea and say my word!!!!!
I saw a TV show cover this the other day. Turns out it's the mechanical difference between gripping and grasping, for lack of a better word. Picture the full-fisted grip you give the handle on a full frosty mug of beer: pinky in. Now picture grabbing a fast-food soft-drink cup (or a teacup, etc.): it's a softer "finger-pinch" that literally does not involve the muscles that clench the pinky in/down. Of course, then there's exaggeration for comic effect.

Favorite comic, let's see... I think this has been posted here before, but my husband got me a big loving print of it for my birthday, and I love him for it.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Hirayuki posted:

I saw a TV show cover this the other day. Turns out it's the mechanical difference between gripping and grasping, for lack of a better word. Picture the full-fisted grip you give the handle on a full frosty mug of beer: pinky in. Now picture grabbing a fast-food soft-drink cup (or a teacup, etc.): it's a softer "finger-pinch" that literally does not involve the muscles that clench the pinky in/down. Of course, then there's exaggeration for comic effect.

Favorite comic, let's see... I think this has been posted here before, but my husband got me a big loving print of it for my birthday, and I love him for it.

lol

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hirayuki posted:

lol

Target Practice
Aug 20, 2004

Shit.

Phlegmish posted:

Always love to see a new Wizard Master post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woebin
Feb 6, 2006

Probably apocryphal, but I was told at some point by someone who usually knew what they were talking about that pinkies out basically originated as a side effect of syphilis.