Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

BoC sucks rear end but once you know what you're doing and abuse reset it's kind of consistent and I did it with no deaths last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Barudak posted:

Its too late, spoilers have become a catch all for "knowing anything more than I want to know before experiencing a thing" even if in their original form they were a nice courtesy. It's absolutely thrilling when people consider actual ads for a product to be spoilers.

No one here is calling advertisements spoilers (although they can be when marketing departments are poo poo, it happens with movies on rare occasions, see T2 for a clear cut example).

Sakurai is creating high production value reveal videos, sometimes with double fakeouts. It IS a spoiler of those (not of the game itself) for something to leak out since the whole purpose of those shorts is to reveal something in a dramatic way.

It's not a huge deal and may be no disappointment at all to some, but at least let's be clear about what the issue is.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I didnt think it could happen, but there are too many games. I want Dark Souls, Starlink and the new COD, and I dont want to spend $180.

Hey devs, stop all the game making for a bit, I need some time to catch up

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
I'm fighting the urge to buy DS1 for the fourth time. It doesn't feel like a battle I'm winning.

Also does DS3 Switch require one to beat story mode once before adventure mode becomes available?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I'm trying not to buy Mario Party, Dark Souls, and Diablo. I already have more than a year's worth of backlog.

Gonna get Smash tho

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I didnt think it could happen, but there are too many games. I want Dark Souls, Starlink and the new COD, and I dont want to spend $180.

Hey devs, stop all the game making for a bit, I need some time to catch up

My gaming time is currently an all out brawl between Dark Souls, COD, and I just preordered Red Dead 2 and will end up buying Diablo as well :negative:

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm glad I saw all the new smash characters because now I get to anticipate how they're going to do a dramatic reveal for those good boys

Barudak
May 7, 2007

tuo posted:

Someone please keep me from buying Dark Souls 1 the third time.

Even though you obviously have a problem Im going to enable you and say buy it.

Later Ill make fun of you behind your back as you spiral downwards until youre freebasing Kings Field 3 in an abandoned warehouse

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I need to make a friend or get one of my cousins into Starlink to make the most of these figures.

I got a shitload of cousins and all.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

RandomFerret posted:

I'm glad I saw all the new smash characters because now I get to anticipate how they're going to do a dramatic reveal for those good boys

What you mention is the exact reason I'm still not convinced that leak is real.

I mean. What?!

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Looks like the Duke Boys are at it again!

Roscoe P. Coltrane confirmed for Smash Ultimate

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'm really looking forward to buying Diablo 3 for like fifth loving time or whatever next month

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

.TakaM posted:

Gamefreak has made comment about how BOTW has inspired them to shake up the series and I hope that turns out to be the case, I would love Pokemon to go in a more open world direction.

I don't know if I like this for 2D top down games. Link Between Worlds sort of did this. You could rent weapons and essentially do all the overworld content before you even touched a dungeon. And that's exactly what I ended up doing... I cleared the entire overworld of finding all the extra stuff, and while it was neat, it totally took away all of the aspects of running into a area you can't progress, needing to find the right tool, and going back. Probably eliminated all backtracking, but not sure if it made the game more enjoyable

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Astro7x posted:

I don't know if I like this for 2D top down games. Link Between Worlds sort of did this. You could rent weapons and essentially do all the overworld content before you even touched a dungeon. And that's exactly what I ended up doing... I cleared the entire overworld of finding all the extra stuff, and while it was neat, it totally took away all of the aspects of running into a area you can't progress, needing to find the right tool, and going back. Probably eliminated all backtracking, but not sure if it made the game more enjoyable

It vastly improved the game for me, and made it my favorite Zelda.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I made it like 10 hours (at most) into DS on 360, and bought it for Switch.

Currently in the Undead Burg farming for XP.

Have gone against the Taurus Demon twice so far. The first time I forgot about the drop blade trick, so I died.

The second time I did the drop attack and got him down to 20%, but on the last time of leading him away from the ladder I dove too soon and was trapped.

Gonna beat that fucker tonight while I wait for RDR2 to unlock.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Theres a box with lightning powder in the burg, and dont forget two handing increases all weapon damage including plunging.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Barudak posted:

Theres a box with lightning powder in the burg, and dont forget two handing increases all weapon damage including plunging.

My dude!

Squats
Nov 4, 2009

Snackmar posted:

the Hidden Folks devs sent out an email announcing a new DLC area today, and hid a tiny tiny message between screenshots:

*ENHANCE*

Thanks for posting this. Never heard about this game, but it looks extremely cute. Definitely considering this if the touchscreen controls are good on the Switch port and there is a suitable zoom function.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
Real fuckin' pumped for Civ VI and Diablo.

EDIT

Snackmar posted:

the Hidden Folks devs sent out an email announcing a new DLC area today, and hid a tiny tiny message between screenshots:

*ENHANCE*

what dance gavin dance album is this

Spring Heeled Jack fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Oct 25, 2018

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Hidden Folks is great but $11 over the mobile asking price is one hell of a Switch Tax.

That being said, 7 Billion Humans releases today and is a Switch console exclusive. I’m sure they’ll eventually release it for mobile and other consoles but for now it is only on my dead programming-puzzle console. I’m gonna play the hell out of it.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Tomorrow Corporation's games are cool, but I really wish they'd make a World of Goo 2 some time. That game had so much untapped potential with it's mechanics and then it was over.

night slime
May 14, 2014

Sakurazuka posted:

BoC sucks rear end but once you know what you're doing and abuse reset it's kind of consistent and I did it with no deaths last time.

Wildtortilla posted:

Also does DS3 Switch require one to beat story mode once before adventure mode becomes available?

Can you guys spell stuff out before I have a stroke googling DS3 Switch and BoC?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Deadbolt just showed up outta nowhere in the store and I highly recommend it. Amazing soundtrack and challenging gameplay. It's a stealth-action hybrid that pits you as the Reaper vs undead criminal organizations. The only nitpick I have is it's a little short. Fun game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX2HGR1owiQ

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 25, 2018

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
DS3 = Diablo 3 Switch (assuming it was a typo because he mentioned Dark Souls 1 in the same post). BoC = Bed of Chaos in Dark Souls 1.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009
The World Ends with You is really fun in docked coop mode although motion controls feel buggy at times.

Every time I go to the home menu on Switch or use sleep mode it defaults back to single player. There is only 1 box on the press L/R to synch joycon screen. I have to go back in the coop mode again and then there are two boxes to synch the joycons. Anyone find a way around this?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Whoa, Deadbolt looks dope, and for $9.99?

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Wildtortilla posted:

Nope, it will be "unlocked from the outset."

Thank God, the story is hot garbage.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Waffle! posted:

Deadbolt just showed up outta nowhere in the store and I highly recommend it. Amazing soundtrack and challenging gameplay. It's a stealth-action hybrid that pits you as the Reaper vs undead criminal organizations. The only nitpick I have is it's a little short. Fun game.

WOW this was out of nowhere. Really cool but hard as gently caress game

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Waffle! posted:

Sooo, a sidescrolling Hotline Miami?

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Mister Facetious posted:

Sooo, a sidescrolling Hotline Miami?

Looks more like Gunpoint or Mark of the Ninja

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

404notfound posted:

Looks more like Gunpoint or Mark of the Ninja

It's Gunpoint except about assassination rather than the tricky puzzling.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Did they ever follow up with any news about that Bravely Default tease?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

^burtle posted:

Did they ever follow up with any news about that Bravely Default tease?

Sadly no. All we know is a new Bravely project is in the works for the Switch. My guess is a third game and hopefully ports of the first two as well.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Playing Dark Souls on a train, listening to Primus.

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Beastie posted:

Should listen to motorhead and don't forget the joker.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Beastie posted:

Brown Album or bust.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A CART INTO THE SLOT. IT’S POKEMON LETS GO EEVEE EDITION AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, EEVEE. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME COOL TRAINERS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP AND PICK TAIL WAG. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY CAPTURED EVERY POKEMON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE TYPES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

asecondduck fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Oct 26, 2018

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

asecondduck posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A CART INTO THE SLOT. IT’S POKEMON LETS GO EEVEE EDITION AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, EEVEE. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME COOL TRAINERS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP AND PICK TAIL WAG. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY CAPTURED EVERY POKEMON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE TYPES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

:same:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Finally found the last fairy in BotW and got something to 4 stars.

Did I just get raped? :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Pretty sure she asks consent first