Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, definitely with that goofy double cross ending where everyone just laughs instead of being pissed off that she didn't get the diamonds that people died for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jet Jaguar posted:

My wife has been watching a lot of 50s kitchen shorts and last night she found one that basics said not having an all-electrical kitchen would cause a housewife to age prematurely.

“Honey, get an electric range or I will die” is a heck of a sales pitch.

From Rifftrax?
If not, then links please.
The 50's 'of the future' stuff always amuses me.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Jeff Quitney’s channel is a solid place to start

https://www.youtube.com/user/webdev17

Edit: Actually I may be thinking of a different channel. Oh well, here's "Kitchen of Tomorrow"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afCIjcIS3Xk

Edit two:
This isn't it either, but it does have some of the shorts and trailers of some of the movies riffed by Rifftrax and MST3K.

https://www.youtube.com/user/weirdovideos/videos

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 20, 2018

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Double posting, but I hate the idea of doing a third edit. It really stands out that the first five minutes of that short are "We can do anything in the future" and then it transitions to "Wow, I can have a terrific kitchen to be a housewife in!"

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I really wish they could just sell the new release rifftrax as full videos instead of just the audio. I have editing these things down pat, including audio ducking and stuff, but I just want to watch this drat thing and not have to wait an hour for it to render.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The VODs are better anyway, I'm glad they've migrated mostly to those. The blockbusters where neat at first but they all get so samey after a while. I prefer the weird rear end straight to VHS poo poo.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

X-O posted:

The VODs are better anyway, I'm glad they've migrated mostly to those. The blockbusters where neat at first but they all get so samey after a while. I prefer the weird rear end straight to VHS poo poo.

Same, I haven't watched any of the VoD one at all in years, not even trying the new app yet. Happily will rewatch something like Ice Cream Bunny or Balloon Land.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
So I watched RPO thanks to rifftrax and man, that movie is something else.

If you take out the pop culture references it's your typical power fantasy thing. Visually it looks fine for the most part. The references though...

There's literally lines where people say "Hey is that X??? I love X!!!" The worst one for me was the bartender with the costume from Devo's 'Whip It' video. The dude literally had the word DEVO on his chest. Like, why did they do that? Is it so people would know what it's from? It would be like if his Delorean had "BACK TO THE FUTURE" pasted on the hood of the car. So goddamn terrible.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD
I wonder if that movie had to pay for the licenses or got paid for the product placement :iiam:

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I was honestly expecting more callbacks to their podcast about the book, but I appreciated the ones they used.

I'm mild troubled by how frequently they've been mentioning "brony jars", though.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

ACRE & EQUAT posted:

I wonder if that movie had to pay for the licenses or got paid for the product placement :iiam:

I think it's a mix of both. After all, you've got appearances from both Overwatch and Battleborn characters in it.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Unless they do Triumph of the Will next, Ready Player One will go down as the worst film Rifftrax has ever done. Wow.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I feel obligated to get the riff and netflix or torrent Ready Player One because everyone else is watching it, but...

Man, gently caress the 80s and gently caress people treating the decade like a fetish idol. The 80s, and 90s, sucked.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Ready Player One was a great riff. Was not expecting THAT joke from the King Kong scene.

This week's VoD release should be pretty good. It's another movie with John Carradine, because of course it is.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Canned Panda posted:

Ready Player One was a great riff. Was not expecting THAT joke from the King Kong scene.

This week's VoD release should be pretty good. It's another movie with John Carradine, because of course it is.

I about spit out my drink during the King Kong scene. The Urban Meyer joke was great as well.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
I had never seen (or read) RPO before this riff. Every time the film references something I enjoy, I just feel bad about myself

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

To destroy the Soul Edge, you need more than a samurai. You need a Samurai Cop.

...or Nathan Explosion. One of the two.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
How is the wax movie?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

RandomPauI posted:

How is the wax movie?

Movie was meh, but I didn't expect much.

Riffing was good with the guys cracking each other up.

"Tom Waits IS Doctor Who!"

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Honestly, those are some of the best jokes, when they make each other laugh. Fellowship of the Ring had a great ZZ Top one that Kevin seemingly didn't see coming.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Trucker's Woman is out and it's one weird rear end movie. Christian Slater's insane (literally insane and now homeless) father stars as an obviously 40 year old guy who we are supposed to believe just dropped out of college to solve the murder of his father (a truck driver that is obviously a younger man than him). Our 40 year old college dropout protagonist sexually assaults someone in the first 15 minutes because you know it's the '70s and that stuff was totally fine then!

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

X-O posted:

Trucker's Woman is out and it's one weird rear end movie. Christian Slater's insane (literally insane and now homeless) father stars as an obviously 40 year old guy who we are supposed to believe just dropped out of college to solve the murder of his father (a truck driver that is obviously a younger man than him). Our 40 year old college dropout protagonist sexually assaults someone in the first 15 minutes because you know it's the '70s and that stuff was totally fine then!

You forgot

pizza and Doodles Weaver

Billy Gnosis fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Nov 4, 2018

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If I could only buy one riff, should I buy it or The Dark?

RandomPauI fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Nov 4, 2018

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

RandomPauI posted:

If I could only buy one riff, should I buy it or The Dark?

Probably Truckers Woman. Unless, I'm not remembering the Dark correctly, Truckers Woman attempt at being upbeat makes it more fun.

Edit: I was thinking of a different rifftrax than "The Dark" which I definitely saw but remember nothing about it besides Casey Kasem

Billy Gnosis fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Nov 4, 2018

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
though call. The Dark is one of my favorites, as it is funny when you play attention, but also makes easy background noise

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
When at restaurant, try a food.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

X-O posted:

Trucker's Woman also stars Larry Drake aka the villain from Darkman.

If you're into exploitation flicks, definitely check it out.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Yes, you did see a pizza:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The lead character of Trucker's Woman is such a viscerally unpleasant character. There's the aforementioned sexual assault and then how he's a jerk to literally every single other character in the movie.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

muscles like this! posted:

The lead character of Trucker's Woman is such a viscerally unpleasant character. There's the aforementioned sexual assault and then how he's a jerk to literally every single other character in the movie.

You know how those college kids are.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
Someone please tell me what was up with the pizza or I'm going to lose my poo poo

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I watched Future Zone and while I do think it's a decent concept for an action movie bogged down by... everything, the thing that gets me is how indecisive the plot is. Carradine's son makes it apparent that he learned how to be awesome with a gun from his father teaching him, only at the end we see that his time-travel mission is to prevent Carradine's death during a time when he's just finding out that his wife is pregnant. So his father died before he was even born. It's like that thing in Return of the Jedi where Leia talks about how she remembers her mother being sad, only that was a plot hole created from another movie.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

Someone please tell me what was up with the pizza or I'm going to lose my poo poo

Only if you explain why the guy rubbed sap on his face in sons of Hercules.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

A Talking Cat?!? is one of the top 5 funniest riffs they've ever done. I don't think I went more than 5 minutes without laughing. Holy gently caress did Eric Roberts phone that one in.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

MrMidnight posted:

A Talking Cat?!? is one of the top 5 funniest riffs they've ever done. I don't think I went more than 5 minutes without laughing. Holy gently caress did Eric Roberts phone that one in.

I think he literally did phone it in or at the very least they just fired up a Skype call or something for it.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I'm 45 minutes into RPO and it is probably no joke one of the most obnoxious things I've seen. I listened to the podcast Mike and Connor did and watched a review of the movie some other goons did but none of it prepared me for how viscerally annoyed this movie would make me. The Halliday performance is so goddamn terrible

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

I noticed angel's revenge was on prime so I finally watched the RiffTrax version. Two things I forgot:

1. American Nazis are not as much fun to make fun of anymore.
2. Ted Cruz played the sleazy car salesman.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I would argue that now is the best time in the world to mock and belittle American Nazis, actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Burkion posted:

I would argue that now is the best time in the world to mock and belittle American Nazis, actually

You are right. I should have phrased it as I forgot American Nazis play a pivotal role in this Charlie's Angels ripoff.