Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

How much of a pain in the butt is it to get that Puyo on an American Switch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
you need to create a Japanese eshop account (easy as long as you do it from a computer first so you can set the account region to Japan) and then buy a prepaid eshop card (seagm, japancodesupply, play-asia, and offgamers all sell them). You can't do direct funding unless you somehow manage to trick the system into believing your CC or paypal's billing address is in Japan

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Esports are finally good

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Just bought Puyo on the Japanese website and it should be all downloaded and ready to go when I get home. 2018 is pretty neat overall.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

dragon enthusiast posted:

you need to create a Japanese eshop account (easy as long as you do it from a computer first so you can set the account region to Japan) and then buy a prepaid eshop card (seagm, japancodesupply, play-asia, and offgamers all sell them). You can't do direct funding unless you somehow manage to trick the system into believing your CC or paypal's billing address is in Japan

Cool thanks!

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Mortal Kombat 3 PS1, PC (Win95) and MKT N64 source codes released on 4chan (resetera thread about it). Actual link: http://boards.4chan.org/vr/thread/5117527

Apparently it's legit. Interesting stuff.

KingNastidon
Jun 25, 2004
So I've broken my X/LK button trying to escape bronze/silver as a Sakura / new FG player.

Any new thoughts beyond OP on Qanba Obsidian vs. Razer Panthera? I'm extremely unlikely to ever mod the thing and the aesthetics don't matter. The existence of a $200 fight stick in my apartment at 30 year old says enough. Any major differences as PS4 only person?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
It's legit. I don't know a drat lick of assembly or whatever, but there's also some asset stuff (unused sounds, original MIDI data for some of the music) and a pre-release build of N64 Trilogy among that pile. Kinda neat!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

KingNastidon posted:

So I've broken my X/LK button trying to escape bronze/silver as a Sakura / new FG player.

Any new thoughts beyond OP on Qanba Obsidian vs. Razer Panthera? I'm extremely unlikely to ever mod the thing and the aesthetics don't matter. The existence of a $200 fight stick in my apartment at 30 year old says enough. Any major differences as PS4 only person?

I have panthera and its nice. Also they have a new model coming with changeable art

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

KingNastidon posted:

Pick the one you think looks prettier. Iirc the pcb on Panthera is a tiny bit faster once you update the firmware.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
You can use the Panthera as a lunchbox since the top can open without needing a tool.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Wasted DLC Character #3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYxyh65ZgKc

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Iori, you dont need to hide behind that mask

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Real hurthling! posted:

Iori, you dont need to hide behind that mask

he's embarrassed to be in this game

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This one is at least a callback to Miss X being the boss of all girls portable KoF game... he should still be in a better game

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
He will be, he's coming to Million Arthur Arcana Blood.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Captain Baal posted:

This one is at least a callback to Miss X being the boss of all girls portable KoF game... he should still be in a better game

he is, it is called Million Arthur

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Million Arthur is going to be like .. koihime enbu Tier Of "games for criminals"

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

yeah, it's par for the course for an Arcana Heart game

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
I wish million Arthur was coming to pc :(

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

There's a spooky VSav tourney here this weekend, anyone wanna play before Saturday so I can practice?

I'm in the discord as boogs

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Girl Iori in Kyo's clothes and Absolutely, Positively Not Guy Iori both completely own but I'm still not going anywhere near magical titty king of smash bros fighters.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Dont compare smash to that wreck that's hosed up

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syEgqvsRNwE

Am I the only one that's fallen way off watching CPT events since EVO? I know there's the usual post-EVO lull but in past years I felt like there was at least still buzz about results from majors.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't watched a CPT event ever really so I can't say. I have gotten into the habit of watching basically every TWT event though, I never would have considered myself an eSports fan like that though, I've always watched FG events by throwing up like 4 streams of games I like, but this is the first time I've cared about one game to exclusion of others, and it's a game I watch more than I play these days. Tekken is so cool

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

SFV is $10 on Steam until monday.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Is it worth $10?

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
its the base version without arcade edition dlc so no

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a fake discount to upsell you on 100+ dollar Dlc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Man I'm so glad Capcom moved away from their revision model to one that's inherently worse in every way possible.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
10 dollars for the base game when it has a f2p model is too much

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Buy Ultra Street Fighter IV instead and play a vastly better game.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

I said come in! posted:

Buy Ultra Street Fighter IV instead and play a vastly better game.

Truly damning of SFV if true

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Usf4 would be more fun if they made all the link windows really big but none of my friends ever want to play when they come by cause its that game none of them can combo in while dbz or whatever gives away 30 hit strings to any masher

Fenn the Fool!
Oct 24, 2006
woohoo

Real hurthling! posted:

Usf4 would be more fun if they made all the link windows really big but none of my friends ever want to play when they come by cause its that game none of them can combo in while dbz or whatever gives away 30 hit strings to any masher

Play Omega.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

In Training posted:

I haven't watched a CPT event ever really so I can't say. I have gotten into the habit of watching basically every TWT event though, I never would have considered myself an eSports fan like that though, I've always watched FG events by throwing up like 4 streams of games I like, but this is the first time I've cared about one game to exclusion of others, and it's a game I watch more than I play these days. Tekken is so cool

I used to play a lot of SFV when it came out and watched it a whole bunch up through..a while past the first Evo it was at I guess? Dropped off playing and watching FGs for a while cause other games and IRL stuff; gotten back in to them since DBZF dropped but I just haven't been able to bring myself to watch Street Fighter. It sounds like a good idea, I load a big tourney stream up, and just don't care after 5 minutes. Not even sure why. Tekken though. TEKKEN! I just binged the past 2-3 TWT events including pools and I'm lookin forward to watching Canada Cup this weekend.

I replaced doing Bison knee crush counters in SFV with

https://i.imgur.com/xOzkCMX.gifv

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Xand_Man posted:

Is it worth $10?

Yes, but you really should wait for a 'complete edition' sale.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I saw the My Hero Acadamia game comes out today, has anyone been following that game? Is it anything more than another anime arena fighter?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Is it anything more than another anime arena fighter?

Going by the Quick Look, no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Has there ever been a good arena fighter? And if not, what is the stumbling block that developers can't get over