Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

my parents boyfriend posted:

I like how this is clearly the move he used against that fanatic in prison to win in a split second but he didn't even feel like it was necessary for Hanafusa. Basically got himself killed with that idea but still.

It's good to not show off every single move you've got in the first round, if you can help it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i hope bando gets out of this okay, so he can go back to murdering yakuza and cops.

i didn't realise bando was a cop killer, he's now my new favourite to win

not because of the cop killing, i just think his disjointed slam attack is really cool

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Muteba dissing other fighters eye-poking skills. :allears:

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lt. Lizard posted:

Muteba dissing other fighters eye-poking skills. :allears:

Also using his catch phrase from his fashion omake chapter. :allears:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

wow a white brazillian character in a manga

is this a first

Aug 24, 2011

JosephWongKS posted:

Also using his catch phrase from his fashion omake chapter. :allears:

and wearing the suit

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

frajaq posted:

wow a white brazillian character in a manga

is this a first

They should have put a brazilian jiu jitsu fighter on the tournament too to get jobbed by loving Imai Cosmo

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Kids love wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube Bando

Aug 24, 2011

first fight of round 3 should be cosmo vs. ohma right? just picturing them both in a wheelchair and hospital bed respectively while adam dudley and kazzy ram them into each other

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
I wonder if Nogi and Hatsumi researched all the fighters that much, or if they intentionally picked Bando to fight against

Also clever of Sen to use one of his flashbacks to reveal some of Bando’s backstory, he really is a first-rate fighter

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Fellis posted:

I wonder if Nogi and Hatsumi researched all the fighters that much, or if they intentionally picked Bando to fight against

Also clever of Sen to use one of his flashbacks to reveal some of Bando’s backstory, he really is a first-rate fighter

Well the deal is that if Hanafusa wasn't able to kill Bando, Sen is supposed to do it himself. But if Hanafusa succeeds, they either got a free win, or the sub rule would be invoked and they wouldn't have to deal with Bando.

Merkava is best weird bat thing

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

This fight sucks. Pushes my suspension of disbelief too far.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Hopefully this lazy jobber guy obliterates Bando to the last cell so that he can never regenerate again.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
you suck

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pewdiepie posted:

This fight sucks. Pushes my suspension of disbelief too far.

It's just like the mach punch that Katsumi used on Baki but it doesn't obliterate his entire arm on use

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Plutonis posted:

It's just like the mach punch that Katsumi used on Baki but it doesn't obliterate his entire arm on use

When Baki is the more grounded fighting manga...

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

It's going to be funny when a guy gives up all his backstory and wins regardless

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

There's no way the author won't do that, yeah.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

It's going to be funny when a guy gives up all his backstory and wins regardless
Tell me more about the caveman that hunted dinosaurs, and the resurrected Japanese swordsman. Also about the power of the imagination.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I really like the idea that some fighters are scared of death/pain. We saw it with Imai, and we're seeing it again with Sen (or at least, that's what Bando is thinking). Gives the characters range and differentiates them, especially from other action manga I feel.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
This fight rules. It's completely ridiculous, but it's a nice change of pace. Hatsumi's fighting style is really fun.

All the referees being actual unique characters also rules, I hope they get their own side chapter.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I think what it is; is that it feels like the manga's world is actually fleshed out. Instead characters that solely exist for the main protagonist to interact with and disappear into hammerspace when not needed

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i've always been more tolerant of tournament arcs than other people, but kengan asura's is particularly good because it's not holding back on any of the fights, even when the participants aren't that relevant to the story

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Plutonis posted:

Katsumi imagines 10,000 joints, Bando just dislocates the arm and throws it around. The silly 'imagine liquid and slap them' technique one of the convict jobbers used is closer.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Venuz Patrol posted:

i've always been more tolerant of tournament arcs than other people, but kengan asura's is particularly good because it's not holding back on any of the fights, even when the participants aren't that relevant to the story

the fights are the story really

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Stairmaster posted:

Well, Ohma is going to win and we'll know his full backstory by then.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Not a fan of the 'lazy, irresponsible rascal with undeniable talent' archetype, but I gotta admit Hatsumi's growing on me.

Probably due to the faces he pulls, they are pretty quality.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Mary Annette posted:

Not a fan of the 'lazy, irresponsible rascal with undeniable talent' archetype, but I gotta admit Hatsumi's growing on me.

Probably due to the faces he pulls, they are pretty quality.

There's also the fact that he has a mixed record of victories and isn't reliable on effortless winning.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I believe in the gum gum fruit.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

No one has stopped an earthquake with their fist yet in this series so anyone claiming that it's less grounded than Baki is full of poo poo

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
people already do weirder poo poo than baki. for example the guy who teleports and twisty his handsy

...while a doctor could theoretically fix their own optical nerve through their body somehow.

Wild Horses fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 25, 2018

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Speaking of Baki and doctors. I remember a similarly improbable method of saving a life.
https://youtu.be/lNyWHLOv-1k

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I don't think they've explained it yet, but in case they did and I missed it; what does Hatsumi mean when he realizes that Bando couldn't perform his arm whip in the first round?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Dr Christmas posted:

I don't think they've explained it yet, but in case they did and I missed it; what does Hatsumi mean when he realizes that Bando couldn't perform his arm whip in the first round?

I don't think they've explained it yet. My guess is maybe the same med team that cured Bando gave him a sedative or something so he could do his crazy whip moves without doubling over in severe pain

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's something to do with how he isn't moving from that spot

Aug 24, 2011

i hope bando wins this round then gaolang wins next round but is too injured to continue so they have to get SAW PAING and his indestructible skull to fight bando

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
haha jesus.

So why did Bando not use crazy rear end limb extension? It probably has something to do with the massive inflammation/damage the technique causes to his shoulders. Maybe Pharma CEO gave him some drugs to help/healed him.

Also Muteba is wrong, Sen is no amateur. Bando is just insane, he moved his eye ball out of the way and Sen hit the bone resulting in the throbbing hands. Or Bando clenched his eyelids so hard he broke a few fingers :deathwink: style.

fakedit: I thought there was one piece Ivankov deathpink smilies?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
muteba meant sen is an amateur at gouging out eyes, which is true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
New Kengan!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/469879