Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So it's not on 2 discs like was originally rumored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

I said come in! posted:

Actually it is... they stack the discs both on the same side, I'm more curious that Mexico is pretty prominent on the map.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

I said come in! posted:

The disc says disc 1 and play disc so...it's on 2

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Shoehead posted:

It's really sad that that is a step up, but god drat GTA V was miserable. It didn't help me that I was going through a really tough time in my life and I couldn't deal with how incredibly horrible every single character was in single player V. (Except Lamar, he was solid)

hey! another lamar fan, yeah he was legit the only good character in that whole game. Man GTAV was terrible with its characters.

Hour 1: Three grown men endlessly bitching and crying at eachother

Hour 100: Three grown men endlessly bitching and crying at eachother

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The way the map is laid out definitely makes me think the New Austin bit is the postgame unlock

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

canepazzo posted:

Calling it now: "The game opens completely after the main story is done" means you get to play as John Marston in the original Red Dead Redemption but in RDR2's engine

I hope that isn't the case. I feel like by that point I'll rather play an epilogue as the character I just spent 80ish hours as, rather than a character from a game I played 8 years ago. John was cool but I don't need a whole other game about him.

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

You ever hear of the neutron bomb?

A fatwa on any reviewer who gives anything less than a glowing review to a video game I haven't even played yet.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

I said come in! posted:

It is on two discs. Insert disc 1 to install, at 57% (on xbox) swap to disc 2 and then at 99% swap back to the gamedisc to finish installing.

Alligator Tower
Aug 22, 2004

12 hours until I get to ridicule fellow cowboys in a saloon over their choice of salsa.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvIRh-qt9EQ

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Was it Metal Gear Solid 4 that told you to go make a sandwich while the game installed? And it took like, 15 minutes or something

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

ElwoodCuse posted:

Was it Metal Gear Solid 4 that told you to go make a sandwich while the game installed? And it took like, 15 minutes or something

Probably, this took me an hour (X One X)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Hentai Jihadist posted:

hey! another lamar fan, yeah he was legit the only good character in that whole game. Man GTAV was terrible with its characters.

Hour 1: Three grown men endlessly bitching and crying at eachother

Hour 100: Three grown men endlessly bitching and crying at eachother

my biggest issue with 5 and to a greater extent 4 and even red dead 1 was that everyone talked like they written were by rod serling if he were alot more cynical. everyone can make deep insitful long winded remarks about society, humanity, etc in long passionate way. and it got old and weird fast. and i have a soft spot for that kinda poo poo.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
My one big realization about this game is that I'll never get to go grey and dress up as Revolver Ocelot

But Im gonna do my best

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

So if all I have to play this is an original PS4 should I be prepared for a bad time? I got through God of War fine on my reg PS4 so if its no worse than that I'm not worried

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

black.lion posted:

So if all I have to play this is an original PS4 should I be prepared for a bad time? I got through God of War fine on my reg PS4 so if its no worse than that I'm not worried

They said it's still good.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

As long as I can get a close facsimile of Douglas Mortimer or Angel Eyes I'm golden. Lee Van Cleef is such an underrated western star.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I liked the little details in the Polygon review about the dumbass KKK members.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

black.lion posted:

PS4 is native 1080p and mostly holds 30fps solid except for in the bigger towns.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
GB are streaming at 6 (like 40 minutes from now)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYMBgdaSj_o

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Cultural Marxist posted:

I know the reviewer didn’t like it, but it seems like making them comical idiots who accidentally kill themselves is the best option. It makes it impossible for right-wing players to take any action that aids them or prevents them from being killed.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Shoehead posted:

My one big realization about this game is that I'll never get to go grey and dress up as Revolver Ocelot

But Im gonna do my best

you can make your facial hair like that i believe so yes.

Cultural Marxist posted:

yeah, shooting klansmen and or watching them die sounds fun.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
In this day and age, console comparison videos are somewhat pointless. Game looks great after watching a few diff videos/streams. A comparison video to a PC would be something I'd like too see, obviously.

So, any 4k SUPER ZOOMED IN PICTURES OF HORSE NUTS YET? :maga:

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12 posted:

I know the reviewer didn’t like it, but it seems like making them comical idiots who accidentally kill themselves is the best option. It makes it impossible for right-wing players to take any action that aids them or prevents them from being killed.

Exactly. My US history isn’t great, but I assume it would have been weird given the setting not to have them in at all. Besides, if they don’t comically murder themselves I’m very happy to step in and feed them alive to alligators.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Racist morons will still be upset that the KKK members in a game are incompetent racist morons because they're racist morons.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ReadyMindlessAmbushbug-mobile.mp4
holy poo poo.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Just FYI to German goons, they're selling it early at some Saturn's. Got it at the one at Alexanderplatz. It's 1.5 hours of installation tho so 30 minutes to go for me.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

GOTY

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

:yeshaha: finally, horse falling tech has reached it's peak!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

i think the point was that the KKK aren't portrayed as basically being the racist elites but in ghost outfits, which they were afaik, and instead being just some dumb nobodies rather than like the governer and chief of police.

i'd really like some extended sequences of gunning down KKK, hell, i'd love a loving Django game. Setting the game in the south in this era seems like a black or native american protag would have allowed for lots of righteous carnage its kinda a shame they didn't do that.
Modern Rockstar are oddly tame in their choice of protags, kinda like when after GTAV had its terrible story of men bitching for 100 hours and they said its cause it was about "masculinity" and thats why they couldn't have had one of the protags be a woman. But it never occured to them that a story about masculinity is the exact place you'd want a woman's PoV?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

lol at the idea of riding for miles without getting dirty then you walk into the saloon like this and a npc says something that warrants a lasso

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Hentai Jihadist posted:

i think the point was that the KKK aren't portrayed as basically being the racist elites but in ghost outfits, which they were afaik, and instead being just some dumb nobodies rather than like the governer and chief of police.

i'd really like some extended sequences of gunning down KKK, hell, i'd love a loving Django game. Setting the game in the south in this era seems like a black or native american protag would have allowed for lots of righteous carnage its kinda a shame they didn't do that.
Modern Rockstar are oddly tame in their choice of protags, kinda like when after GTAV had its terrible story of men bitching for 100 hours and they said its cause it was about "masculinity" and thats why they couldn't have had one of the protags be a woman. But it never occured to them that a story about masculinity is the exact place you'd want a woman's PoV?

Word?

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Have any of you played Mafia 3? You literally shoot up a clan meet up with like a tommy gun.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

I said come in! posted:

The only review you should care about is Easy Allies.

I greatly enjoyed Tim Rogers' "Not a Review" of this game. Has spoilers, but I love his videos.

"Dutch: I haven't slept in 3 days.
Tim Rogers: WOW, does Dutch work for Rockstar Games?"

Also watch his 30 minute recap of the original RDR if you have the time.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Have any of you played Mafia 3? You literally shoot up a clan meet up with like a tommy gun.

My friend worked on Mafia 3 and I got it for free on PS+ and still haven't played it.

Please don't tell him.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Yeah, I love it. As shonky as the game might be over all it’s deeply satisfying murdering a bunch of racis fucks in not-New Orleans.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Male gamers for the most part hate women being in video games. Creative Assembly adjusted how often women generals showed up in your armies for Total War: Rome II, completely based on historical accuracy. The push back and rage at this was overwhelming and male gamers review bombed the game on Steam into overwhelmingly negative territory.

The same is also true for anything deal with murdering horrible racists, or making jokes out of hate groups. The latest sequel to Wolfenstein got a lot of angry white male gamers because it made a joke out of killing nazi's.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Going by Metascore, Red dead 2 on the ps4 is worse than games released on the xbox 360, Dreamcast and wii. If you're looking for the definitive experience its time to trade in your ps4 for the most powerful console of all time - the Xbox One X. Otherwise you might as well be playing Horizon Zero Dawn again.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Rockstar is quite rightly afraid of the millennial pc trend because they've spend an inordinate amount of money producing their games and it would be a shame for a dog pile to occur over something so stupid as political correctness. We're talking about thousands of people's jobs. They've spoken fairly openly about it. I wouldn't see a lot to be gained from an extended Wolfenstein 2-style KKK massacre sequence.

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/red-dead-redemption-2-interview

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gta-6-would-be-tricky-to-make-in-todays-political-/1100-6462752/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

That game was a lot of fun and I loved the protag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Pewdiepie posted:

Going by Metascore, Red dead 2 on the ps4 is worse than games released on the xbox 360, Dreamcast and wii. If you're looking for the definitive experience its time to trade in your ps4 for the most powerful console of all time - the Xbox One X. Otherwise you might as well be playing Horizon Zero Dawn again.

No please, not my one of my favorite games ever Horizon Zero Dawn again :(.