Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1054520588734058496

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

last person who posted that in this thread ate a probe fyi

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
hyped for the elon probe

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
anyway, tesla posted a profit for Q3, by not paying their suppliers somewhere around 1b lmao

disruption

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
probed in the buttcoin would be a terrible chuck tingle spinoff

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Petercampbell1/status/1055227285559627776

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Captain Foo posted:

you're welcome to :getout:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

El_Elegante posted:

probed in the buttcoin would be a terrible chuck tingle spinoff

i mean he did write "There's A Bitcoin In My Butt And He Is Handsome" already so :shrug:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

So the earnings report is out:
https://twitter.com/aksjefokus/status/1055194412458954752
https://i.imgur.com/X3IWMML.gifv

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i wonder if he knows, or has ever thought about, how crash tests are designed

mewse
May 2, 2006

lol

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Sagebrush posted:

i wonder if he knows, or has ever thought about, how crash tests are designed

he probably heard that story about how in WW2 , when a bomber was damaged by enemy fire but still able to come back from a mission, they decided to put armor on the spots that werent damaged on the assumption that the other planes got hit there and didnt make it back. its just counter intuitive enough that he would think 'incredible' and apply that logic to crash tests even though they arent the same at all

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
wait, I thought this was the grey thread

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Zikan posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

and you say this is a worse version of the grey thread? :thunk:

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
so my sister called me the other day and we had a nice chat, and she asked me, well what do you think of elon musk? anyway, long story short, she doesn't want a tesla anymore, and it's all because of you guys

what really changed her mind was the whole, "back doors don't open if the battery's on fire" thing. she's got a kid of carseat age, you see

anyway, thanks dudes

Hunter2 Thompson
Feb 3, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
oh man, i've gotta admit i thought the model 3 exterior door handles were a pretty cool design

until i used one and realized the handle isn't mechanically connected to the door latch. It's just hitting a microswitch wired to the door latch actuator...

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

Discendo Vox posted:

wait, I thought this was the grey thread

turn your monitor on ya ol' bitch

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Foo Diddley posted:

so my sister called me the other day and we had a nice chat, and she asked me, well what do you think of elon musk? anyway, long story short, she doesn't want a tesla anymore, and it's all because of you guys

what really changed her mind was the whole, "back doors don't open if the battery's on fire" thing. she's got a kid of carseat age, you see

anyway, thanks dudes

always here to ruin your sister's dreams and ambitions my man :hfive:

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

Captain Foo posted:

you're welcome to get out

and yet I'll never leave and will mostly not complain about thread quality in the future

https://mobile.twitter.com/Petercampbell1/status/1055240916301217793

I remember years ago ol' musky getting choked up about how it's just so loving unfair that normal dealerships make their money off of service and Tesla would never do that to you!!!

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
parts cost 30k

so 5k for labor and assembly

we’ll have to increase volume to cover the overhead and r&d

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Foo Diddley posted:

anyway, thanks dudes

i've seen a handful of tesla models x at daycare and it's always a temptation to ask these dads (it's always dads) what their plan is to get the babby out of the back after a bad crash like if they have one of those window popping tools or something

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

FrozenVent posted:

parts cost 30k

so 5k for labor and assembly

we’ll have to increase volume to cover the overhead and r&d

drat what do they make them out of

or is that counting the horrendous assembly costs for poo poo like the vape pen bandoliers

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i saw some breakdown of the model three, they estimated the body would cost $32k or something in a normal car factory

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

https://youtu.be/Lj1a8rdX6DU

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i've seen a handful of tesla models x at daycare and it's always a temptation to ask these dads (it's always dads) what their plan is to get the babby out of the back after a bad crash like if they have one of those window popping tools or something

Wondering what their opinion is on vaccination

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Lord Stimperor posted:

the teslas have a cabin filter that can keep all the mumps & small pox out as a marketing feature

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Bulgakov posted:

the teslas have a cabin filter that can keep all the mumps & small pox out as a marketing feature

doesn't filter out your posts tho :rip:

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Munkeymon posted:

doesn't filter out your posts tho :rip:

when the os bricks itself because it ran out of drive space because they updated maps, that will filter out his posts.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Lord Stimperor posted:

this is california so if they have one they prolly hate that this daycare forces you to be completely up to date in anticipation of kindergarten's reqs

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
strange times we're living in where a billionaire is idolized/rabidly defended instead of being frog marched to the guillotine line

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
strange times, this all of human history

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

wyoak posted:

Strong agreement

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

strange times we're living in where a billionaire is idolized/rabidly defended instead of being frog marched to the guillotine line

disrupting the billionaire space with an iot enabled guillotine one microrevolution at a time

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

wyoak posted:

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
This is what kidnappings look like:

A toddler getting tossed into the back seat car that leaks rain water and has a hosed up paint job.

Please call the cops.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

elite_garbage_man posted:

This is what kidnappings look like:

A toddler getting tossed into the back seat car that leaks rain water and has a hosed up paint job.

Please call the cops.

the bumper fell off and they escaped, all good

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

all I want in life is for elon-sempai to notice me

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
california environmental fun and why elong isn't saving the world

https://twitter.com/awalkerinLA/status/1055166919068680192

https://twitter.com/awalkerinLA/status/1055175793184133120

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
and here's a thread on the more recent environmental review from yesterday that spends a lil time making GBS threads on the insufficiency of electric vehicles

https://twitter.com/PassiveHouseBB/status/1055179316722491393

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
California be driving 20 hours a day lol