Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

please do not skip tobacco they are very cool people and have a fun show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

please do not skip tobacco they are very cool people and have a fun show

i would never think of doing such a thing, however us detroiters do not get tobacco tonight. i'm incredibly disappointed.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

Barry posted:

Imagine being so lame that you'd tell security and try to get a guy kicked out for this

Ain't nobody got time to deal with shithead crowds when you've invested a ton of time, money, and anticipation in seeing one of your favorite bands.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Yeah, shithead crowds, a guy standing by his seats.

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Anonymous John posted:

Ain't nobody got time to deal with shithead crowds when you've invested a ton of time, money, and anticipation in seeing one of your favorite bands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrjStSqu_w4

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

I wish I could've seen Tobacco open for NIN. I've seen them/him a couple of times before and been consistently impressed. Instead I got Kite Base, who were dull as paint.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

please do not argue about sitting/standing again !!

aside from somewhat damaged and the day the world went away and bad witch stuff, everything they played last night was Lost Highway or older. i'm kinda looking forward to what might be a here's 2000s poo poo: the setlist show tonight.
also they sound frickin' amazing.

e: the fox theatre has some real steep stadium seating so most of the balcony was seated for most of the show, it seemed. also i know how steep the stairs were because i absolutley ate poo poo and fell down them, ironically as they finished "hurt." my leg is sore.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

Barry posted:

Yeah, shithead crowds, a guy standing by his seats.

This matter isn't about how one chooses to engage or enjoy the show, but about dealing with disruption. Including but not limited to, say, having an iPad on the brightest screenmode in front of you, or having to overhear others shout-talking during songs so that you cannot concentrate on the music. If more people actually confronted inconsiderate concertgoers, as well as reached out to the venue staff when appropriate, we'd all have better concert experiences.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

Anonymous John posted:

If more people actually confronted inconsiderate concertgoers, as well as reached out to the venue staff when appropriate, we'd all have better concert experiences.

YOU MAY ACTUALLY ENCOUNTER OTHER ACTUAL HUMAN BEINGS WITH SIMILAR INTERESTS LIKELY WEARING BLACK CLOTHING DURING THE PROCESS AND POTENTIALLY INTERACT WITH THEM. THE EXPERIENCE HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE ENJOYABLE*. NINE INCH NAILS HAS ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT BRINGING PEOPLE TOGETHER, LIVING LIFE TO THE FULLEST AND GOOD TIMES.**

*NOT GUARANTEED
**NOT ENTIRELY TRUE

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

Anonymous John posted:

This matter isn't about how one chooses to engage or enjoy the show, but about dealing with disruption. Including but not limited to, say, having an iPad on the brightest screenmode in front of you, or having to overhear others shout-talking during songs so that you cannot concentrate on the music. If more people actually confronted inconsiderate concertgoers, as well as reached out to the venue staff when appropriate, we'd all have better concert experiences.

I still don't get how a guy just standing in his seat(s) is in any way inconsiderate or warranting alerting venue staff (hey this guy is standing up, throw him out!), but hey, you go ahead and do what you need to. Especially after you put a hand on the guy.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
honestly don't go to concerts if you want to sit down. just watch youtube lol

or go to a loving orchestra or some poo poo

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Barry posted:

I still don't get how a guy just standing in his seat(s) is in any way inconsiderate or warranting alerting venue staff (hey this guy is standing up, throw him out!), but hey, you go ahead and do what you need to. Especially after you put a hand on the guy.

The other seat wasn't actually his, it was an empty seat. Also, while I didn't actually talk to staff, I thought that suggestion might have more to do that the guy just started broing out and screaming nonstop at me when I very weakly tried to scooch him over towards where his actual seat was.

Also :lol: at the "after I laid hands on the guy" like slight physical contact is worth going full aggro about. Also I am an antisocial goon and I don't freak the gently caress out when someone touches me because why is that a thing that anyone would do? People that act that was just seem like assholes and I'm not sure why your defending it against a threat of having him thrown out that didn't even happen. All that happened was I explained the situation politely, he ignore me, I tried to move him over when he was literally making it impossible see, and he screamed at me for like an entire song while I tried to reexplained the situation and tried to calm him down. Really not sure why I'm the rear end in a top hat here but whatever

axelblaze fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Oct 24, 2018

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

axelblaze posted:

The other seat wasn't actually his, it was an empty seat. Also, while I didn't actually talk to staff, I thought that suggestion might have more to do that the guy just started broing out and screaming nonstop at me when I very weakly tried to scooch him over towards where his actual seat was.

Also :lol: at the "after I laid hands on the guy" like slight physical contact is worth going full aggro about. Also I am an antisocial goon and I don't freak the gently caress out when someone touches me because why is that a thing that anyone would do? People that act that was just seem like assholes and I'm not sure why your defending it against a threat of having him thrown out that didn't even happen. All that happened was I explained the situation politely, he ignore me, I tried to move him over when he was literally making it impossible see, and he screamed at me for like an entire song while I tried to reexplained the situation and tried to calm him down. Really not sure why I'm the rear end in a top hat here but whatever
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rear_naked_choke

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

axelblaze posted:

I never said you were an rear end in a top hat and obviously this explains things a lot more, but other homeboy was seriously advocating getting some dude kicked out for doing, what seemed at the time, a whole lot of absolutely nothing.

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal
Anyway, dumbass derail aside, I've been looking at prices on Stubhub for the Chicago shows and they're starting to drop a good amount. $70-$90 for the various dates.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It's cool, it's just, like with the standing during a concert thing, it was a thing I didn't think I was going to have to defend.

...what?

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Unrelated, this ad came up on my Facebook feed

https://viralstyle.com/beauteeshop/nin-halloween
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I mean...ahem...seems legit

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

axelblaze posted:

It's cool, it's just, like with the standing during a concert thing, it was a thing I didn't think I was going to have to defend.

...what?
It’s not any deeper than “should’ve choked him out bro lol”

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002

Barry posted:

quote:

I never said you were an rear end in a top hat and obviously this explains things a lot more, but other homeboy was seriously advocating getting some dude kicked out for doing, what seemed at the time, a whole lot of absolutely nothing.

As the original poster has clarified by now, being a belligerent rear end in a top hat to someone (as the guy in front of him was doing) is a massive difference from simply standing up.

Also, I think it's worth talking about on a case by case basis what's considered "absolutely nothing" versus actually being a nuisance that's worthy of calling staff/security, such as what people in this recent thread are venting about : https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comments/9qwrsu/would_hope_i_wouldnt_have_to_say_this_but_if/

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Is it ever going to be enough, to love another and be loved?
First of three Chicago shows tonight, but I'm going to the one tomorrow. Gonna keep my fingers crossed that Perfect Drug doesn't get played tonight.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://twitter.com/ninlive/status/1055663724307120128

https://twitter.com/ninlive/status/1055664272708120576

:drat:

Also I saw Mid90s tonight and that 4 track EP Trent and Atticus released last week really is their entire score for that thing. The rest of the music in it is licensed. I still really dig those 4 tracks though. Wish there had been more like that.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t disappointed that I couldn’t be at the show tonight. I’m going tomorrow night but I know the odds of hearing perfect drug and starfuckers again are pretty close to nil

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Starfuckers is terrible.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Leon Einstein posted:

Starfuckers is terrible.

:therapy:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Leon Einstein posted:

Starfuckers is terrible.
You're terrible :colbert:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Starfuckers IS really terrible but I imagine it'd be a banging live track.

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
Starfuckers is only good if I haven't heard it in a while.

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009
Sitting in my hotel room waiting for tonight's show. First time seeing them in 20 years, last time was for the fragile with APC in high school. Fingers crossed for perfect drug.

E: what time do the doors open?

l33tfuzzbox fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 26, 2018

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

l33tfuzzbox posted:

Sitting in my hotel room waiting for tonight's show. First time seeing them in 20 years, last time was for the fragile with APC in high school. Fingers crossed for perfect drug.

E: what time do the doors open?

I believe at 6 :) I'm super hyped for tonight too.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://mobile.twitter.com/marilynmanson/status/1055245168666910720

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Repeatedly at maximum volume is the only way to listen to Somewhat Damaged.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

Astrochicken posted:

Repeatedly at maximum volume is the only way to listen to Somewhat Damaged the Meow Mix Theme.

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009

Sai-kun posted:

I believe at 6 :) I'm super hyped for tonight too.

Who is the opening act? I just thought it was jesus and Mary chain then NIN. Not big on the rave stuff going on right now.

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

l33tfuzzbox posted:

Who is the opening act? I just thought it was jesus and Mary chain then NIN. Not big on the rave stuff going on right now.

I think JMC are the main opener across the whole tour but the other opener in Chicago is DIV. yesterday was Gary gurnsey from factory floor.

Made it to the venue and it was surprisingly easy to get pretty close. I can’t tell if that’s because it’s not a packed/sold out show or if NIN fans like their personal space bubble and don’t get to close to the people surrounding them lol

Sai-kun
Feb 6, 2011

Lol, frankly I was disappointed by tonight’s set, a first for NIN and a first for this tour. They didn’t play a single thing from Bad Witch. Kind of sours the experience of waiting literally hours to get tickets.

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009
I was near the front too, off to the right side. Had a girl puke on my shoes and someone else decide to scream the words to hurt in my ears. Still dont care, I enjoyed it. I was hoping for a perfect drug but I'll take a live premier. Sorry you weren't as happy, but I nabbed my tickets online for cheap so I wasnt as invested maybe. Other than just being happy to see them again.

I should have gave you my description, could have met and bought you a drink!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sai-kun posted:

Lol, frankly I was disappointed by tonight’s set, a first for NIN and a first for this tour. They didn’t play a single thing from Bad Witch. Kind of sours the experience of waiting literally hours to get tickets.
This sounds LEGIT though

I'm really curious how AATCHB sounded live. Wonder how they pulled off parts of that one live. Need to check YouTube for footage of that.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Oct 27, 2018

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

This sounds LEGIT though

The encore was awesome as hell man. The whole building chanting slave screams was amazing

Honestly, AATCHB was good but it took me forever to recognize it. Definitely the most laid back point of the show and the one two of that then hurt was great.

l33tfuzzbox fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Oct 28, 2018

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Did anyone buy the pullover hoodie? What's on the back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abIJ1VjYTSI

e: Also, if you haven't listened to the score already:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4eIOYhzSm8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXtMP2em5hQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t6aSH4Cq7E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQbE2AhIP0Q

A lot of it sounds like Trent and Atticus' take on some of the building music from The Sims, which is my poo poo.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Oct 30, 2018