Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote redneck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

##vote aa

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Ok actually, uh.... This is good?

Here's my plan:

Since the Thing's can't kill (so far as I know), we hold on the Night Vig unless we get a positive Infected result during the day. No random shots. We can't risk a miss right now. There are either three or four things left, and a fuckup will lose us the game if there are four. We systematically check everyone.

It's possible there is another surprise waiting for us but if everything holds true, we can't lose now. Which is weird but... ok.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

I see you got your wish to be infected. Keane's last target?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Rhjamiz posted:

Here's my plan:

Since the Thing's can't kill (so far as I know), we hold on the Night Vig unless we get a positive Infected result during the day. No random shots. We can't risk a miss right now. There are either three or four things left, and a fuckup will lose us the game if there are four. We systematically check everyone.

It's possible there is another surprise waiting for us but if everything holds true, we can't lose now. Which is weird but... ok.

taht would work...in another universe, where they didn't now just have a nightkill.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Dick Bastardly posted:

i killed keane dead

Thank god.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

taht would work...in another universe, where they didn't now just have a nightkill.

How do you know they have a nightkill?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Rhjamiz posted:

How do you know they have a nightkill?

oh no!!!! ive scumslipped!!!!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Rhjamiz posted:

Here's my plan:

i agree with your plan and now rule you out as infected most probably

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
should we test gulag next?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

okay, game is now winnable. sorry for doubting you, mod.

keane, you're eating a whole goddamn bucket of bugs.

##vote Hal Incandenza

hasn't been checked at all, yadda yadda

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i know i made a joke about cpig making unwinnable games but he doesnt make them unwinnable FOR THE SCUM TEAM

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Dick Bastardly posted:

i agree with your plan and now rule you out as infected most probably

I am actually worried they do have a nightkill now, which would make sense in a normal game but everything is obfuscated here so I can't be sure. I also believe that the Gun can't have been an infection target so as far as I can tell, you're the only confirmed town right now.

Here's where I run into problems; gulag may be right. I think we test him; if he's infected, then we assume the NK is real (and we'll find out I guess after we shoot him if two people die). If he's clean... the question becomes, do we risk the hold then? Because if there are four, they win if they kill and we don't.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i cant be infected because an ancient wizard placed a forcefield between keane and i that prevents us from interacting in mafia games.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Gulag or redneck.

Gulag hasn't been tested.

redneck has been tested, but I feel they were trying to keep the vote away from Keane the day after.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

now that we know who was infecting people...keane would absolutely target already tested people

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Rhjamiz posted:

I am actually worried they do have a nightkill now, which would make sense in a normal game but everything is obfuscated here so I can't be sure. I also believe that the Gun can't have been an infection target so as far as I can tell, you're the only confirmed town right now.

Here's where I run into problems; gulag may be right. I think we test him; if he's infected, then we assume the NK is real (and we'll find out I guess after we shoot him if two people die). If he's clean... the question becomes, do we risk the hold then? Because if there are four, they win if they kill and we don't.

I say we do test gulag, if uninfected then we can right that NK comment off as a joke. If infected then you know what to do (if you get the vig)

##vote gulag

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

hambeet posted:

Gulag or redneck.

redneck has been tested, but I feel they were trying to keep the vote away from Keane the day after.

I agree with this, and also because I will never be able to read Gulag and the only certainty I will ever have is if we test. Afterward, whoever gets the gun has to make a judgement call.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

GulagDolls posted:

now that we know who was infecting people...keane would absolutely target already tested people

I agree with this

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Dick Bastardly posted:

I say we do test gulag, if uninfected then we can right that NK comment off as a joke. If infected then you know what to do (if you get the vig)

##vote gulag

That's basically my thoughts on it but I'm appropriately paranoid.

##vote Gulag

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

I say we do test gulag, if uninfected then we can write that NK comment off as a joke. If infected then you know what to do (if you get the vig)

##vote gulag

im retarded

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Dick Bastardly posted:

I agree with this

ive not been tested

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

how do you get out of this logic trap that you have fallen into, DB

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

GulagDolls posted:

ive not been tested

doesn't mean you weren't infected however. I just agree that keane would not be against infecting somone previously tested, that's all.

I still think testing you is a good idea.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

GulagDolls posted:

how do you get out of this logic trap that you have fallen into, DB

quite easily

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

hambeet posted:

Gulag or redneck.

It really does seem like we can’t lose but maybe the flamethrower goes off every night no matter what

I think we start at the people who had the most chances to be infected so if gulag is the only one who hasn’t been tested than ##vote Gulag

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
did you mean keane would only target previously tested players?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I'm fine testing Gulag.

##vote Gulag

On the basis that DB did the kill, and I'm till town.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
i.... think that's :redhammer:.....

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I also have not been tested, nor has AA I believe. Or you, Hal.

Also gulag I'd like to believe you're uninfected except that I had been worried the Scum team had a NK now and since you went and made that joke (if it was a joke), I straight up cannot take the chance and must test you now. It's too big of a risk to let that just hang there unchecked.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

i.... think that's :redhammer:.....

:siren:FALSE ALARM:siren:

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Whew. I was worried that was too quick. Toalpaz also needs testing but so long as things go to plan, it'll all get sorted out.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

irt wasn't a joke.....like i said, do u think this game is unwinnable for scum now and we're just in a very long chatroom?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

irt wasn't a joke.....like i said, do u think this game is unwinnable for scum now and we're just in a very long chatroom?

Maybe? The game was unwinnable for Town so long as Keane lived, even if we nailed every single one of his recruits. Now it's unwinnable for scum. In theory. It sort of fits?

I do however agree that this is probably wishful thinking.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

your definition of unwinnable....is not of this (sphere-makai) earth

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I realize this but you get what I mean.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Ugh the more I think on it the more I think it's probably best we just shoot regardless. I don't feel we can take the risk of waiting to see.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Rhjamiz posted:

Ugh the more I think on it the more I think it's probably best we just shoot regardless. I don't feel we can take the risk of waiting to see.

calm down you're freaking out *slaps Rhjamiz*

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

:(

Yeah maybe. This is stressful ok I'm allowed to freakout if I want to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
i thought slapping you would be dramatic because we're in the Thing movie but i apologize if i made you sad

• Locked thread