Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

##vote gulagdolls

FROM THE TOP ROPE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
U.S. Outpost #31 Winter, 1982.

Commander's Log -

I really hope it's going to be ok. The power went out and flickered back on and we started smelling smoke. It's like the whole outpost is going to go at any moment.

End Log.

gulagdolls is - Uninfected

It is now Night 5.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
US Outpost 31 Winter, 1982

In the dead of night when paranoia was at an all time high Fuchs grabbed a flamethrower and torched down Garry who was "acting erratically in his estimation.

Garry didn't turn into one of those things however and that is all the opportunity the infected needed. Now they outnumbered the uninfected.

Fuchs, Norris, and Dr. Copper were standing around Garry's body arguing when the station lockdown hit, they smelled smoke in the air but it was too late.

MacReady, Bennings, Clark, and Windows had sabotaged the outpost and locked them in to their deaths.

They went towards another outpost near there to retrieve something.

What would happen? Was this the end of humanity? Only time would tell.

Redneck nazgul - Garry - Uninfected human was torched last night!

Dick Bastardly - Dr. Copper - Uninfected Human

gulagdolls - Norris - Uninfected human

and
Rhjamiz - Fuchs - Uninfected Human

Have been endgamed by
AA- MacReady - Infected Human

Hal Incandenza - Bennings - Infected Human

hambeet - Clark - Infected Human

Toalpaz - Windows - Infected Human

The Infected aligned and The Thing have won!

Stay tuned for The Thing 2! with way less lovely mechanics next time! (more thoughts on lovely mechanics coming soon in this very thread)

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
So this was obviously very experimental.

The general idea was no oot communication and seeing if it would create an atmosphere where in thread analysis was very important.

I think making the day vote a cop, which I thought might inspire some strategy and more analysis was the big downfall because what it ended up doing was basically just make everyone not care.

I want to try something similar scrapping the day vote not killing and giving out a few actual roles beyond vanilla for the uninfected and maybe some other stuff.

I also feel like making the word creatures with a plural made people feel like the game was unwinnable. It was definitely hard to balance but winnable, if you had actually used the vote on keane the first day he got to -2 but very obviously actively tried to avoid investigation I think it would have played out a bit differently for town.

All in all there was some very flawed ideas that I think with more tweaking could be pretty good.

CapitalistPig fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Oct 26, 2018

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
gg ez

Joking of course, that was somewhat interesting and hard to evaluate.

Oh, would you mind posting the nights that various people were infected?

Toalpaz fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 26, 2018

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Good game! I should have killed Keane the night I killed asiina. Messed it all up. Sorry town. Yay inhuman monsters! We did it. You all did it. I scum lurked like a bad boy.

Gg. Thanks pig

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I enjoyed the game because it was almost two games. Early game was more of a logic puzzle, and then became more traditional mafia as the infected team grew and they needed to influence the vote.

Realising Keane has recruited me the night he died made me think I was going to lose as infected which was quite amusing.

I don't feel the vote not being deadly was a bad thing because the infected grew every night and the night kill would just be luck. So there was still pressure and risk.

But if the kill was withheld as suggested it looked as though the game was going to become a drawn out chatroom as someone else said. I'm glad that didn't happen.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

If I had to make a one change to the game, it'd be this:

If an uninfected player is lynched, there are no kills. Game proceeds as normal.

If an infected player is lynched, a random uninfected player on the lynch will be killed along with them.

I don't think the game needs power roles as much as it needs an alternate way to scumhunt while fostering a sense of urgency.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

CCKeane posted:

So, to be clear, I have people voting me after I started asking hambeet questions as to why he is assuming an RNG?

And we had three people voting me in rapid succession?

And we're expecting there to be three infected?

##vote hambeet

Seems pretty straightforward to me, here.
When I read this post my first thought was yep keane is infected lol

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

hambeet posted:

I enjoyed the game because it was almost two games. Early game was more of a logic puzzle, and then became more traditional mafia as the infected team grew and they needed to influence the vote.

Realising Keane has recruited me the night he died made me think I was going to lose as infected which was quite amusing.

I don't feel the vote not being deadly was a bad thing because the infected grew every night and the night kill would just be luck. So there was still pressure and risk.

But if the kill was withheld as suggested it looked as though the game was going to become a drawn out chatroom as someone else said. I'm glad that didn't happen.

Yeah I assumed CP wouldn't have actually made it impossible for you to win and would have given you a kill. Welp.

The secrecy of the mechanics also didn't help this game. There was no reason to hide the fact that the original thing was the only one able to recruit.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

When I read this post my first thought was yep keane is infected lol

yeah keane was super obvious, but i don't know why redneck backed him as he wasn't infected at that stage. maybe i did seem scummy, but i had others back me though some of them turned out to be infected lol

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Rhjamiz posted:

Yeah I assumed CP wouldn't have actually made it impossible for you to win and would have given you a kill. Welp.

The secrecy of the mechanics also didn't help this game. There was no reason to hide the fact that the original thing was the only one able to recruit.

I think I hypothesized about it earlier but then abandoned it. but yeah, knowing that there's one 'cult recruiter' to catch doesn't detract from the mechanics.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
*starts drinking the leftover dog barbecue*

i want to be thing, make me the thing :(

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
*slapping Rhjamiz* Why didn't you *slap* stick with the *slap* plan *slap* *slap*

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Dick Bastardly posted:

*slapping Rhjamiz* Why didn't you *slap* stick with the *slap* plan *slap* *slap*

actually yeah this, i really didnt' expect a night kill

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

hambeet posted:

actually yeah this, i really didnt' expect a night kill

Because gulag went and convinced me that CP wouldn't make the game become unwinnable for scum and that they must have a nk.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

gulag infected mvp

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Pretty much.

At that point we weren't playing the game anymore, we were playing "what kind of game would CP make".

Which isn't fun, really.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Dick Bastardly posted:

lol I thought we were boned and was like oh well.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Rhjamiz posted:

Pretty much.

At that point we weren't playing the game anymore, we were playing "what kind of game would CP make".

Which isn't fun, really.

The hero we didn't know we needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

we were on a timer XD

• Locked thread