Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Hand Row posted:

Kidd was obviously a really lovely coach, but signing Lopez was a shrewd move that looks like it is paying huge dividends already. Giannis covers up Lopez’s rim protection and lack of rebounding mobility. Giannis takes advantage of the spacing and the boxing out Lopez provides.

I imagine we will start seeing smaller guys cover Lopez so teams can provide better rim protection against Giannis. Or you need a small ball lineup that can still protect the rim like Charlotte did with success against the Bucks.

a small ball lineup that can still effectively defend at the rim is a lot harder than it sounds; i think toronto, gs, and new orleans are the only teams that can credibly do it (and that’s just because the pels’ small ball lineup would still involve having ad at the 5)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
And even then, Toronto can defend at the rim but after the shot goes up they currently can't oRb for poo poo.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
sure hope letting Lance and Javale style on them for three minutes doesn't come back to bite the Nuggets at the end of the year

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

after watching the freedawkins highlights I believe lonzo should stay in the starting lineup

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

de curry GOAT posted:

after watching the freedawkins highlights I believe lonzo should stay in the starting lineup

Lonzo's playing decent ball this year despite being objectively a bad fit next to Lebron. So is Rondo though, so may as well play the Young Version. I don't know if Lonzo is a good "Lead the 2nd Unit" kind of guy either.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

those 4 minutes I watched told me everything I needed to know he’s mini draymond

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I like when he goes up and rips down a rebound he had no business getting

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

CBM I'm sorry but Jokic is dead now

https://streamable.com/22coe

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lakers playing better but I’d like to see them beat a playoff team.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

euphronius posted:

Lakers playing better but I’d like to see them beat a playoff team.

How bad do you think Denver is going to be?

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJU4_G2f7C8

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

n: derozan currently averaging 27/5/8

v: gently caress a point guard

also his numbers shooing at the rim are way down from last season (68% to 54%) which is kind of disappointing/concerning although he is also taking way more shots there (19% to 29% of all his shots)

it’s a little soon to draw definitive conclusions but uh i’m a little worried i guess

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

DeRozan is going to be great all season and disappear in the playoffs, sorry to spoil it for you

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Lmfao two sides leaking offers nonstop and trying to make the other side look bad

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1055825625905315841

I love this poo poo. Woj on one side sucking Jimmy off, tour de force, Jimmy's back, trying to get him on the Rockets, Shams on the Minny side with the "Houston offer of two injured players and four first-rounders for Jimmy Butler." Who you got

candide
Jun 16, 2002

The Tipping Point
4 first rounders for some black hair dye for Capela, who says no

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Lockback posted:

Lonzo's playing decent ball this year despite being objectively a bad fit next to Lebron. So is Rondo though, so may as well play the Young Version. I don't know if Lonzo is a good "Lead the 2nd Unit" kind of guy either.

Is he an objectively bad fit? He plays decent defense and doesn't necessarily need the ball in his hands all the time. Plus Lebron has always needed a second ball handler in the past.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
It is completely impossible to judge this deal without knowing the protections.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Doltos posted:

Is he an objectively bad fit? He plays decent defense and doesn't necessarily need the ball in his hands all the time. Plus Lebron has always needed a second ball handler in the past.

I mean, more the concern of taking a badish shooter at the spot where you want a good shooter, a guy who is really good at fast breaks but probably not as good as Lebron, and Lonzo isn't a next-level athlete who can help create mismatches.

I've been a Lonzo believer, but on paper his strengths overlap quite a bit with Lebron without covering *for the position he plays*. Not that Rondo solves that either, though. At the end of the day I think you play your best guys anyway.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNNP0kjSD8

Blake's handles are backish

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Holy poo poo a positive Dokomo video I was totally expecting a defensive low-light video

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Zach Lavine is better than Jimmy Butler, debate me

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Paul Zuvella posted:

Zach Lavine is better than Jimmy Butler, debate me

Does defense exist as a thing?

Butler has a higher BPM, PER and WS/48. LaVine appears to not outwardly loathe his teammates and has not yet broken a All-NBA Big man. I don't know how to reconcile these data points.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

drat it Houston why you gotta offer 4 firsts to Minny, throw some our way and we'll take dead weight off both your hands

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

The Duggler posted:

DeRozan is going to be great all season and disappear in the playoffs, sorry to spoil it for you

Coaching matters the most in the playoffs and he is now coached by the Pop though. I ultimately agree because the Spurs could miss the playoffs.

Lockback posted:

Does defense exist as a thing?

I think for most teams the answer is now no. Now most teams just get big stops once in a while.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Jimmy Butler, the boy who couldn't find a gently caress to give.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

I assume this video is implicitly saying Zach LaVine can continue to make 80% of his shots at the rim all season long

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmidCtnG9Qs

If Butler stays another week, KAT may start throwing court-wide hail-marys for the whole night..

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

for full accuracy, imagine me as the wolverine in bed meme holding a smartphone watching this instead of a picture frame

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
ESPN says the lottery protection on the Houston picks is limited, but since they are offering 4 firsts any protection would mean the first would turn into 2 second round picks or something similar. That lowers the value a lot in my mind

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

This is impressive and it's hard to believe this is a guy with multiple serious leg injuries.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

ESPN says the lottery protection on the Houston picks is limited, but since they are offering 4 firsts any protection would mean the first would turn into 2 second round picks or something similar. That lowers the value a lot in my mind

I saw someone post a "source" that said 2 of the picks were essentially swap, which would be another way you can frame it. Obviously that "source" is likely to be total BS though.

Without knowing the protections, I don't think it's possible to say what kind of deal this would be. There would also need to be salary coming back, it sounds like it was "two injured players", but I don't know how that would work. Originally I assumed Eric Gordon and Nene.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

Rick posted:

This is impressive and it's hard to believe this is a guy with multiple serious leg injuries.

Yeah he's looked really good

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Lockback posted:

I saw someone post a "source" that said 2 of the picks were essentially swap, which would be another way you can frame it. Obviously that "source" is likely to be total BS though.

Without knowing the protections, I don't think it's possible to say what kind of deal this would be. There would also need to be salary coming back, it sounds like it was "two injured players", but I don't know how that would work. Originally I assumed Eric Gordon and Nene.

2 injured would be chriss+knight

i assume if gordon is involved, the pick haul is lower

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

G-Hawk posted:

2 injured would be chriss+knight

Oh, Brandon Knight makes 14 million dollars. lol.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Rick posted:

The hops are impressive and also he's finishing strong as hell. Maybe he was working out his upper body a lot while rehabbing?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

WE'LL TAKE BRANDON KNIGHT FOR A FIRST PLEASE

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/BlakeMurphyODC/status/1055636097785507840

Good golly

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

video proof that he's staying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eMAuHrzWpA

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/rich_hofmann/status/1055883447099686912

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I dunno why Philly doesn’t put Embiid in a bubble when he’s not playing

• Locked thread