Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

You know what happens to a man's head when he gets hit with both barrels of the shotgun at once? His head disappears!

It was nice of R* to cut to a slo-mo closeup of his brains misting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Hobo Clown posted:

If your horse dies in the middle of nowhere do you lose all the poo poo it was carrying?

I heard you don't lose anything but I don't know how you get it all back. Maybe get a new horse and all your stuff will magically transfer to it.

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

rap music posted:

yeah it's in the PS4's display settings

I don't know what people are on about the game looks amazing

I didn't see it. I'll check when I get home. I don't have a 4K TV, so maybe it just wasn't an option..

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Does the XBOX version support multiple saves or do you just get one?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Capn Beeb posted:

How do I use legendary pelts? I've got one on my horse and I'm at the trapper, but the only option is to sell it. I want to make cool clothes :(

Edit:

Ahh, you sell it so the trapper has it in his inventory, then you can have him make clothes.

He makes the clothes for you, after you sell him the pelts.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Advanced horse drifting. Almost multi track. My god.

That might not be a bug.

Manual says that at binding level 4 you can make your horse piaffe on the fly and drift while riding. Pat's horse there might've just decided to be fancy on their own.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I spent all day watching someone stream from chapter 2 until the epilogue.

The in-game economy seems busted. They were playing only story missions, had enough money to buy out every recipe and item at every shop, and still had over a thousand dollars on hand. Doing things like hunting etc to make money doesn't seem to be needed. Doing it for fun (the only true reason) still counts, but you really don't need it at all. They also weren't bathing etc, just chugging food during gunfights from the pockets full of canned beans they held. Never saw them clean a gun either. Looks like you can ignore all that stuff.

There are a lot of missions with either long walking sections, and/or very long rides to get there. The slow pace at the start... expect that to continue through most of the game. It really doesn't change. I think the map might be too big. The content feels far too spread out, though the streamer wasn't bothering with anything other than travelling from point A to point B to get to the next story mission.

I don't think this counts as a spoiler but the entire game seems to be set in green places. Leafy trees, swamp, prairie. Big lack of desert environments and I never saw snow again.

The story seemed incredibly forgettable. All I got out of it was that they wanted money. I watched it for hours and hours and eh I couldn't tell you the main plot points outside of what you know was going to happen based on this being a prequel.

I was incredibly underwhelmed, but I also thought RDR had a poor story (with great missions) as most of the plot happened off screen. That story now looks like it was written by Shakespeare and directed by Spielberg by comparison to this one. But I put 300 hours into the game for the gameplay and the freeroam. Hopefully RDR2's online will be more like RDR than GTAO, in which case I'll be happy.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Is there a way to remove the bounty apart from paying it, or at least reduce it? I got a $200 bounty after doing a main mission, hope that's not a thing that will happen often in the main missions, as that means lots of grinding for money.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I only played up to the start of act 2 last night, but the controls seem clunky as hell.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

I only played up to the start of act 2 last night, but the controls seem clunky as hell.

I think it's just gonna take some time to get used to. But yeah I had a hard time shooting a gun on horseback and same with the bow hunting deer.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Does the game let you join the KKK?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

androo posted:

I didn't see it. I'll check when I get home. I don't have a 4K TV, so maybe it just wasn't an option..

neither do I

supersampling is a boost for 1080p

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

General Dog posted:

Does the game let you join the KKK?

It lets you join a bullet to their faces, if that counts.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I'm having a real fucko moment here. Can someone point me to how to get the companion app?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ZeusCannon posted:

I'm having a real fucko moment here. Can someone point me to how to get the companion app?

Ummmmm... Go to the app store and search for Red Dead Redemption 2?

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

ZeusCannon posted:

If you're on iOS search "RDR2" in the app store. The app is called "RDR2: Companion".

I searched for Red Dead Redemption I think and I had to scroll through some bullshit apps to find the real one.

Also, I'm worried that the sluggish Rockstar controls are going to make me shittier at Black Ops when I go back to playing that.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Seymour Buttz posted:

If you're on iOS search "RDR2" in the app store. The app is called "RDR2: Companion".

I searched for Red Dead Redemption I think and I had to scroll through some bullshit apps to find the real one.

Also, I'm worried that the sluggish Rockstar controls are going to make me shittier at Black Ops when I go back to playing that.

This did it. gently caress me for using the full name I guess. Thanks

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Found a PDF of the PS4 manual for anyone else with time to kill at work https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadredemption/comments/9ri5pk/made_the_red_dead_redemption_ii_manual_in_the/

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

ZeusCannon posted:

This did it. gently caress me for using the full name I guess. Thanks

Searching for "Red Dead Redemption 2" gave me the companion app as the first choice. :shrug:

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.

Diogines posted:

I played some of the older Grand Theft Autos and very much liked them, but I never played 4 or 5. I have heard some uh... things about 5 which has me cautious to try this game. So I have a few questions:

1. How important is the online element, if at all? Can it be ignored, is it actually good?
2. How important, if at all, are various pre-orders and microtransaction bullshit? I've no appetite, whatsoever, for buying a game a piece at a time.
3. Specifically, does the game have "shark cards" or whatever GTA5 has? Am I going to have to spend real life money or grind to get weapons or horses or something? I've not played GTA5 but what I heard about it is not flattering in that regard.
4. I never played RDR1. Do you think it would be worth while to grab PS Now or something and play it first? How much less do you think i'd enjoy the #2 without playing #1? I know it is a prequel but I assume it is full of plot threads and characters that tie to #1?

I played through GTA5 without engaging in any micro-transaction stuff or the online stuff at all, and I didn't feel the experience was hamstrung at all. It's a really fun game and still worth playing through.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

ZeusCannon posted:

Google Play Link

iTunes Link

Searching "Red Dead Redemption 2" gets you a bunch of fake apps. "RDR2" should work.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

TMMadman posted:

I completed GTA5 with the Redux mod just a few months ago and I had completely forgotten how bad the default Rockstar controls are in comparison.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Buncha lily-livered crybabies in this goldurn thread, cowboy up

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Now draw a horse

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

titties posted:

Buncha lily-livered crybabies in this goldurn thread, cowboy up

Make Online Singleplayer Again

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So how do I donate ammunition to my camp?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fat_Cow posted:

So how do I donate ammunition to my camp?

You get a mission to upgrade your camp, once that happens, you can make those icons turn from not red.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Have you tried shooting it from your gun towards the camp?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

The people that posted these links:
https://www.gtaboom.com/first-person-controls-settings-guide/

https://www.gamesradar.com/best-red-dead-redemption-2-settings/

Everyone should do all those settings. They really help with the clunkiness.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Spoiler for the first bounty mission: the guy you’re after sells bogus snake oil as medicine that’s been poisoning people and one of the deputies remarks that he “killed old Landon Ricketts without even firing a shot.” what gives? Landon Ricketts is alive in Mexico in RDR1.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Anyone else's PS4pro fans go in overdrive on 4k? Should I worry?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Spoiler for the first bounty mission: the guy you’re after sells bogus snake oil as medicine that’s been poisoning people and one of the deputies remarks that he “killed old Landon Ricketts without even firing a shot.” what gives? Landon Ricketts is alive in Mexico in RDR1.

Think about the profession of the person you're talking about, and the sort of things he might say about himself in his profession.

He's a liar. He lied.

Crappy Jack fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 26, 2018

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

canepazzo posted:

Anyone else's PS4pro fans go in overdrive on 4k? Should I worry?

You should worry if the game closes with an error that says your PS4 is overheating, or if your PS4 literally bursts into flame. Otherwise the fans spinning up are working as intended.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Lumpy the Cook posted:

He said he killed more people than him without firing a shot

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Shoehead posted:

Yeah this. And I knew that name sounded familiar

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Hahahahaha the mission to take Lenny to have a drink and calm down is truly amazing :allears: GOTYAY verified.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Shoehead posted:

Yeah I just rewatched that cutscene... my fault for playing without subtitles I guess

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I just cannot believe they kept this voice for Arthur, he sounds ridiculous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
where do i get my preorder guns???!!!