Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
I loved Hilda, I've been recommending it all over the place.

The colors, and the designs were great. It's just fun, adventurous and adorable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I ran out of Hilda episodes :(

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Season 2 is already confirmed apparently, so hopefully the wait won't be too late.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
You say that, but I’m still waiting for season 2 of Buddy Thunderstruck. :colbert:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

And I only just got Castlevania season 2 after about a whole calendar year.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
There's a lot I like about Teen Titans Go, but I particularly enjoy the bird and/or crab that's chilling on the rock in the bay.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

And I only just got Castlevania season 2 after about a whole calendar year.

Castlevania is hand-drawn, right? That's gotta be a long-rear end production.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

nerdman42 posted:

Castlevania is hand-drawn, right? That's gotta be a long-rear end production.

Castlevania is notable in that the main key frame animation isn't outsourced, only "additional animation". On a different note, most shows animated in Korea (of which there's a lot) are still hand drawn

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
OK, on season 3 of TTG and it just seems...meaner to me. Enjoyment going down. Bottle episode was a brilliant idea, though.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Beachcomber posted:

There's a lot I like about Teen Titans Go, but I particularly enjoy the bird and/or crab that's chilling on the rock in the bay.

How could you forget the octopus? :smith:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
After finally waking myself up in time for Rise of Turtles, its generally positive even though i don't like some of its changes. New April, Donnie just being a smug nerd and NOT CREEPIN ON APRIL, Raph getting poo poo on by the universe but still trying to wing it as leader, art obsessed Mikey; These are all good things. Wacky and wild and more interested in fighting mutants than really stopping street crime, sure.

Leo is -- annoying. Without obsessing about being leader he's empty at the moment and his I'm the obnoxious funny man shtick could lead to something, but right now he's hollow compared to the other turtles changes and attitudes. But I can at least laugh at or tolerate his part in an episode. Worst offender right now is new Splinter as rear end in a top hat Father. I don't like him and I don't care if that makes him compelling to other people because its radically different from Supportive guy at home (87) or Ninjistu Master (2003 and 2013), every part he's played in any episode so far is just the same "he's just gonna be a jerk" without any charm like Uncle from Jackie Chan. I don't care to see him eventually I guess work out to become an Action Splinter, I don't really want to see him laugh at his kids to solve a problem. He's just not fun and I'd prefer him to stay off the screen period.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Labes for days posted:

How could you forget the octopus? :smith:

Is that a season 4 thing? Not there yet.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
rear end in a top hat Splinter is funny in the ep where he jacks the turtles' ride and the ep with the haunted doll but otherwise I agree

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Beachcomber posted:

Is that a season 4 thing? Not there yet.

The octopus is waiting for you, then.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Labes for days posted:

The octopus is waiting for you, then.

"Phrases you don't want to read after midnight"

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I love that there was payoff about the animals, too.

MASTER DETECTIVE

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

I saw two little girls in Miraculous Ladybug costumes at trick or treating at the mall last week and it made me all fuzzy inside.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I was at a festival in Spain in early 2017, and there were as many girls dressed as Ladybug as there were kids of both sexes dressed as Marvel characters. (Miraculous is especially popular in Spanish-speaking countries, for some reason; it's where I first saw it.)

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

My son was Cat Noir two Halloweens ago. When he told me he wanted to be Cat Noir I had zero clue what he meant and doubted he was referencing the poster art because he was five.

My mother in law was unhappy about dressing her grandson as a “kinky catboy.”

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
lmao your MIL rules

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Labes for days posted:

My mother in law was unhappy about dressing her grandson as a “kinky catboy.”

I mean, she’s not wrong. Do NOT go on tumblr.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The first time my wife saw it, she went "Wait, this is on Disney Channel? For kids? They're wearing latex catsuits!"

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
OK, I found the first half of season 3 of TTG to be very unenjoyable and...kind of mean? Everything turns around with the Gilligan's Island episodes and the rest of the season is lovely. I'm kind of wondering if there was some kind of staffing shake up.

Also, I have been repeatedly listening to Star's WooDoo song over and over because it's oddly compelling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWpKcScxV0g

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Beachcomber posted:

Also, I have been repeatedly listening to Star's WooDoo song over and over because it's oddly compelling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWpKcScxV0g

Aaaaand it's stuck in my head again and I didn't even have to click on the link.

Man there are so many catchy songs on TTG. My daughter spending hours in the app watching and rewatching the songs probably didn't help.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Catching Villains is my jam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqYg8xw7Oao

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I would post the objectively best TTG song but I don't know if the goon who's catching up has gotten to it yet and I don't want to spoil it.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
I'd love to get an extended version of the Hot Pepper song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpDnPMaiT0E

Robert Morse as Santa Claus also gets a great song later in the series too.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

kefkafloyd posted:

I'd love to get an extended version of the Hot Pepper song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpDnPMaiT0E

Robert Morse as Santa Claus also gets a great song later in the series too.

I've tried to find the full version of "All Hail The Jolly Fat Man" that plays in the episode but it appears to come from one of those music licensing services (which is also where they found the song I don't want to spoil) and isn't on Apple Music, Spotify, or anywhere.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

asecondduck posted:

I would post the objectively best TTG song but I don't know if the goon who's catching up has gotten to it yet and I don't want to spoil it.

The library girl also told me there's an awesome song coming and I think she meant The Night Begins to Shine. It does sound like a "real" song, but the Heavy Metal visuals are what's doing the heavy lifting.

If there's something else, I can't wait. :yayclod:

P.s. octopus is good

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Beachcomber posted:

The library girl also told me there's an awesome song coming and I think she meant The Night Begins to Shine. It does sound like a "real" song, but the Heavy Metal visuals are what's doing the heavy lifting.

If there's something else, I can't wait. :yayclod:

P.s. octopus is good

Yup, I was talking about Night Begins To Shine. And it'll come back.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I want to know the story behind them getting, what I assume, is stuck on a desert island considering 4 out of 5 of them are capable of flight.

Also The Night Begins to Shine IS a real song

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Macaluso posted:

I want to know the story behind them getting, what I assume, is stuck on a desert island considering 4 out of 5 of them are capable of flight.

There is a clue in the opening song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EMC9jnFAG4

Macaluso posted:

Also The Night Begins to Shine IS a real song

I meant a for real period radio song, and you know it. However, you are technically correct, which is the best kind of correct.

This might be a good time to mention I snuck a Love Händel song into our wedding reception playlist and no one noticed.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Teen Titans Go is good

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So Miraculous Season 2 Finale is apparently airing tomorrow in French.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Senerio posted:

So Miraculous Season 2 Finale is apparently airing tomorrow in French.
In Switzerland, of all places, I think.

Show creator Thomas Astruc has been on Twitter today saying basically "don't read spoilers, for gently caress's sake" so I'm going to follow his advice. Going into 'The Collector', 'Dark Owl', 'Gigantitan' and 'Catalyst' unspoiled was well worth it.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Macaluso posted:

Teen Titans Go is good

Variety is even better.

I havent tuned into cartoon network in forever but I still assume it ttgo all day, erry day.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Hihohe posted:

Variety is even better.

I havent tuned into cartoon network in forever but I still assume it ttgo all day, erry day.

Total Drama Whatever is apparently starting to supplant it for "Played at every waking moment someone please help us" status

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Yardbomb posted:

Total Drama Whatever is apparently starting to supplant it for "Played at every waking moment someone please help us" status

Yah, Total Drama took over for TTG as the most popular show on CN...so they'll play it forever now. I wouldn't be surprised if they just cancel TTG next year since it's not as popular anymore.

People will rejoice...but will beg for it back once the Total Drama year long marathons start.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
The masses have grown weak, unleash Johnny Test so they may learn the meaning of terror once more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

TwoPair posted:

The masses have grown weak, unleash Johnny Test so they may learn the meaning of terror once more.

You mad man. You'll pay for this grave sin.