Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

Lucille Ball Ate My Balls!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

D.N. Nation posted:

Welp, they've arrested someone w/r/t the bombings. Here is his van.

Surprised there aren't any Garrison/Branco cartoons on it.

False flag, huh

I'm the US Soccer sticker in the back window.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

D.N. Nation posted:

False flag, huh

Based on the number of stickers on that car, the culprit is Henry Payne.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

D.N. Nation posted:

False flag, huh

That van is like rolling probable cause.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Wistful of Dollars posted:

That van is like rolling probable cause.

The scene from Breaking Bad where Hank is knocking on the door of the meth RV, except instead of "bitch" Jesse says "cuck"

e: found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2w7z0aB3l0

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

loquacius posted:

Conservatives care more about trans women than trans men for the same reason they care more about gay dudes than lesbians: they see it as society Trying To Turn Them Gay (Get Out Of My Head, Gay Thoughts!)

You could make an argument that what they think of as "women trying to be men" doesn't seem as bad to them because who WOULDN'T want to be a man amirite, but I'm pretty sure it's primarily the gay-panic thing

As a result of this, trans women are also the subject of more pro-trans cartoons, because they're closer to the center of the argument

e: for the record I'm not trying to make the "every homophobe is a closeted gay" argument, I'm saying they're very insecure about their sexuality and their masculinity

It's not really any one thing, or at least the one thing is men are charged with policing masculinity under patriarchy as the price of maintaining their dominance in the social order. If men don't stay in their place then women wont stay in theirs and we loose our dominance as a class.

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
Oh dear. Oh dear.

https://twitter.com/thereal_mo01/status/1055844064065716225

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

At this point, Afghanis should be able to vote in American elections.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I see that the latest Garrison cartoon has, once again, aged like fine wine. :lol: :lol:

MikeyTsi posted:

Someone really needs to post that blog where the guys were sending ridiculous things and badly addressed mail and still got something like a 90% success rate.
This one? Although I also came across this amusing article as well.

National Postal Services in general are so good at delivering indecipherable mail that Terry Pratchett poked fun at it (he reveals that one of Vetinari's new hobbies is figuring out ridiculous destination addresses, declaring it "better than the crossword" [Making Money] ).

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

Cat Mattress posted:

Based on the number of stickers on that car, the culprit is Henry Payne.

Nice.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Zero_Grade posted:

I see that the latest Garrison cartoon has, once again, aged like fine wine. :lol: :lol:
Like every other conservative mouthpiece he's going to double down on this.
Maybe one in a few will dismiss it with "yeah lone wolf mental illness how sad" and then never vote for mental health funding or mention this ever again, but I get the feeling most are just going to pound extra hard on the "false flag" angle.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Re: The liberals in gunsights: Do you think Waters got two bombs because the guy couldn't find Moore's address and he got real' frustrated until he was like "gently caress it, two to the black lady"?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Just remembered this cartoon exists:

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Zero_Grade posted:

This one? Although I also came across this amusing article as well.

National Postal Services in general are so good at delivering indecipherable mail that Terry Pratchett poked fun at it (he reveals that one of Vetinari's new hobbies is figuring out ridiculous destination addresses, declaring it "better than the crossword" [Making Money] ).

My grandma (amidst declining mental health) once sent us mail via writing directions ("turn left on this street and it's the house with blah blah blah") on the envelope and the postal service delivered it in under a week. They do some goddamn miracles.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

booooth siiiiidesss

#FakeAngel

:lol: Bad Reporter called it. Though tbf, the fact that the bomber misspelled Florida on the return address should have been a dead giveaway that he was from Florida.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Yeah this is why all the "false flag" poo poo is so disingenuous. I mean aside from it being stupid bullshit it's clearly what they WANTED to happen - why wouldn't they think it was one of their own people?

(I mean obviously the answer is they know full well it was them but they know it looks bad to be the only side actually trying to murder their enemies when they keep claiming it's the liberals who are the dangerous violent mob)

Just like the Holocaust.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Uncle Sam is gay for incivility.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

"Hillary's presidential hopes are not dead."

Is that....the message you intended, Branco

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

SeANMcBAY posted:

How the gently caress do insane people that believe these things even live? Does Garrison even leave his house?

Imagine your side having all the power and still being this terrified.

They have all the power and everything is still hosed so obviously someone else must be to blame. It's the grade-A platonic form of fascism.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Did... did Bad Reporter just drop a Life Force reference? loving deep cuts.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Is there a special category for "A movie happened" where they manage to get the complete opposite point of the movie?

Cause, incivility turns Uncle Sam from a defeated loser into a hero, while only killing bad people.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

I like this one, but I'm almost afraid to ask: is it about something that happened recently, or is it a general one?

quote:

This one on the other hand can gently caress right off.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

"Both sides need to be more civil," I continue to scream, as I watch literally only the right committing acts of violence.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

BEN GARRISON IS ON THE CASE

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Axetrain posted:

These appeared on my twitter.

Lotta prime avatar material here. I’m especially fond of Sexx Tricker.

Fulchrum posted:

Is there a special category for "A movie happened" where they manage to get the complete opposite point of the movie?

Cause, incivility turns Uncle Sam from a defeated loser into a hero, while only killing bad people.

Alternatively, the alien that takes over your body and sucks the life from you is the bad guy, and it’s the movie that missed the point.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

I love how much more effort went into Parody S.KELLEY than every actual S.KELLEY cartoon combined.

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.

"The danger to America isn't immigrants, it's GOP voters"

Odd opinion to hear from Ramirez but ok

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Jurgan posted:

Alternatively, the alien that takes over your body and sucks the life from you is the bad guy, and it’s the movie that missed the point.

By definition, a symbiotic organism enhances the life of the host, it cannot suck the life out without no longer being a symbiote.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

D.N. Nation posted:

BEN GARRISON IS ON THE CASE

"a true conservatives bumper stickers would look like complete poo poo"

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Fulchrum posted:

By definition, a symbiotic organism enhances the life of the host, it cannot suck the life out without no longer being a symbiote.

As defined in biology, symbiosis absolutely includes parasitism.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

After The War posted:

As defined in biology, symbiosis absolutely includes parasitism.

True.

Successful symbiotes tend to be minimally adverse to the health of the host--and the best add value.

Though there is definitely a niche for hostile parasitic symbiotes.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

OAquinas posted:

True.

Successful symbiotes tend to be minimally adverse to the health of the host--and the best add value.

Though there is definitely a niche for hostile parasitic symbiotes.

Considering it heals all wounds to the host, the symbiote seems to be in the add value category.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Donald Trump's reaction to pipe bombs – US president attacks media ‘hostility’ after devices sent to senior Democrats, prominent critics and CNN"

Telegraph:

Scotland to review cull laws after 'sickening' goat hunt tweets

Matt:

Peter Hain names Sir Philip Green as businessman in 'British #MeToo scandal' - video

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

When do the clocks change? - gov.uk

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

Peter Hain is an absolute legend for doing this tbh

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

im on the net me boys posted:

Peter Hain is an absolute legend for doing this tbh

Wait, so the press were barred from talking about this poo poo, and Peter Hain opted to use the legal immunity granted to parliamentarians to walk right around the injunction and expose the bastard.

And Matt frames it like someone spoiling a tv show. Have we ever talked about how poo poo Matt is, because Matt is poo poo.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

It's been done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012