Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

First Dog on the Moon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

D.N. Nation posted:

BEN GARRISON IS ON THE CASE

Yes Ben, conservatives HAVE become a grotesque parody of their own beliefs in pursuing ever more over the top displays of patriotism/loyalty to their party.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

Besides everything else stupid about the constant "Hillary running is Dem's worst nightmare" trope, do they not realize that if the party hates her that much they don't actually have to vote for her in the primaries?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Trump is running around with his hair on fire trying to make sure we all unify, even the extremely uncivil Democrats. A Bad Cartoon.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Odonata posted:

Besides everything else stupid about the constant "Hillary running is Dem's worst nightmare" trope, do they not realize that if the party hates her that much they don't actually have to vote for her in the primaries?

I think you're forgetting that they didn't vote for her last time but she won anyway. :smug:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Sandpuppy posted:

booooth siiiiidesss
"Incivility", because the problem with a terrorist mailing bombs to the president's enemies list is that it's just so rude.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Odonata posted:

I think the thing here is that this is a logical assumption if the democratic party actually picked candidates purely on merit, but the problem with Hillary is that party insiders really like her while her reputation with the general population is less than great. So while obviously Branco here isn't actually looking at this from a leftist perspective, there is a legitimate leftist fear that the establishment democrats will poo poo the bed with a milquetoast centrist candidate (of which Hillary is basically the poster child) which ends up costing them the election because leftists are kind of poo poo at voting for the lesser of two evils.

It's kind of an easy thing to mock the Democrats for so it's not surprising that even right wing cartoonists would keep going back to that well. It's peak "the democratic establishment is out of touch" and something which both the left and right happen to agree on, although obviously for different reasons.

You can kind of see it as being similar to a lot of the British cartoons about Boris Johnson, where there's this feeling of inevitability of him becoming PM despite the fact that nobody actually LIKES him. There's a momentum that people recognize with Hillary but nobody is entirely sure where it comes from (I mean obviously if you dig into it, it's decades of experience learning how to operate the political machine, making friends with the right powerful people, etc. but it's easier to just be like "lol Hillary just won't die")

Lord Hydronium posted:

"Incivility", because the problem with a terrorist mailing bombs to the president's enemies list is that it's just so rude.

Nah I don't read it that way. They don't think the bombs are rude. They think they're a legitimate and fair response to being rude. You see a lot of this poo poo if you're into video games; "You gave this game I liked a bad review, how would you like it if I came to your house and murdered your family?". lovely people respond to "you made me FEEL BAD" with "...so violence is an appropriate response".

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Oct 26, 2018

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

D.N. Nation posted:

BEN GARRISON IS ON THE CASE

Which would be great if garages didn't exist, this sort of person didn't obsessively cultivate their window stickers, and we didn't have photos of this van and its driver starting from months or even years back.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Vib Rib posted:

Which would be great if garages didn't exist, this sort of person didn't obsessively cultivate their window stickers, and we didn't have photos of this van and its driver starting from months or even years back.

Perhaps -- if everything you listed wasn't another false flag!!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
Trump supporters are tonight's specials.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
Refusing service because of a person's lifestyle?! What a monstrous thing to do!!!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Who is he even talking to anymore? Someone who doesn't know that government money is tax money?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Who is he even talking to anymore? Someone who doesn't know that government money is tax money?

He's talking to fellow white people who "know" that every dollar taken out for taxes goes directly to a black person WELFARE QUEEN's new Mercedes Xbox filled with lobsters and wagyu beef.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Ladies and gentlemen, Stonetoss and Frie:suicide:

Stonetoss

Stonetoss's alt-text posted:

What if they identify as a victim of mutilation?

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Why am I not surprised Nazi Klurfe is one of those guys with a huge, weird hang up about foreskin? There is a really, really weird group of guys who blame being circumcised with women not liking them and then because Jew=Circumcise they get a hate hard on towards Jewish people over it and end up tumbling down into White Nationalism over it. I know that sounds like an Onion article but reality is that insane

Martian Magazine

Desensitization. Normalization.

He He Silly

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

BiggerJ posted:

Ladies and gentlemen, Stonetoss and Frie:suicide:

Stonetoss

Martian Magazine

He He Silly

I wish death on all three of these artists.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

BiggerJ posted:

Martian Magazine

88 mph, huh?

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

frankenfreak posted:

88 mph, huh?

Tnega
Oct 26, 2010

Pillbug

frankenfreak posted:

88 mph, huh?

It makes TOO MUCH sense!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Tnega posted:

It makes TOO MUCH sense!
If it was Saxony instead of Brandenburg, it would be too much on the nose. :v:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Our entire society is built around the Holocaust? That's an interesting take.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

VitalSigns posted:

I love that the return address says "Trump Supporters" indicating a false flag (because a real bomber wouldn't identify themselves on the envelope)

But the actual bombs had Debbie Wasserman-Schultz as the return address, indicating a false flag because of course the real bomber would identify themselves on the envelope.

https://mobile.twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/1055149235723821056

didn't they catch the Unabomber because his brother snitched on him?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

snack eater posted:

didn't they catch the Unabomber because his brother snitched on him?

Pretty sure it was because when you send a package you need to declare its contents and eventually they thought to check if anyone's declared they were sending out bombs.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

oobey posted:

This Rall means well, and I don't mean to overly criticize a cartoon that has its heart in the right place. But reading this and other transgender-focused cartoons always makes me feel bad for transmen. They never exist in any of these cartoons. It's always only ever just transwomen.

The only other thing you ever get sometimes is acknowledgment from more LGBT-aware cartoonists that NB is a thing. But transmen? Never.

loquacius posted:

Conservatives care more about trans women than trans men for the same reason they care more about gay dudes than lesbians: they see it as society Trying To Turn Them Gay (Get Out Of My Head, Gay Thoughts!)

You could make an argument that what they think of as "women trying to be men" doesn't seem as bad to them because who WOULDN'T want to be a man amirite, but I'm pretty sure it's primarily the gay-panic thing

As a result of this, trans women are also the subject of more pro-trans cartoons, because they're closer to the center of the argument

e: for the record I'm not trying to make the "every homophobe is a closeted gay" argument, I'm saying they're very insecure about their sexuality and their masculinity

In addition to this, a few trans men discuss their experiences in this selection of comics on The Nib:
https://thenib.com/transition-response

Bread Zeppelin
Aug 2, 2006
Stairway to Leaven
Has anyone considered that Garrison is secretly a staunch progressive and the only false flag is him posing as a conservative to make Republicans look bad?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

You're using the same hookup app as them, what gives you the right to judge, rear end in a top hat

(Yes I know the reason for this, this is just particularly galling to me out of this batch for some reason, I guess cause it's such a mundane and common opinion in a way that "the holocaust didn't happen but I wish it did" isn't)

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Bread Zeppelin posted:

Has anyone considered that Garrison is secretly a staunch progressive and the only false flag is him posing as a conservative to make Republicans look bad?

It's not like the republicans need any help with that.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I don't even get that one. They're...holes in the ground?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

oobey posted:

This Rall means well, and I don't mean to overly criticize a cartoon that has its heart in the right place. But reading this and other transgender-focused cartoons always makes me feel bad for transmen. They never exist in any of these cartoons. It's always only ever just transwomen.

The only other thing you ever get sometimes is acknowledgment from more LGBT-aware cartoonists that NB is a thing. But transmen? Never.

In the days of regressive bathroom bills past I remember a few progressive cartoonists showing burly, bearded transmen in the women's bathroom saying "sorry, the government says I have to use this bathroom now". That's not really a great message, though, since it's still playing on exactly the same "women should be afraid of men in their bathrooms" fears that the anti-trans cartoons are playing on.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

I don't even get that one. They're...holes in the ground?
Hole is slang for body orifices commonly used for sex (vagina, butthole)

He's calling them sluts.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Two, two, two oops-I-forgot-to-tell-a-joke expressions of Tingley's personal obsessions, for the price of one! "GRRR I hate trans/NB people. ... Anyway, dumb libs don't know what taxes are." God, I got whiplash.

Though if he's trying to connect the two in his head, perhaps by implying that he doesn't want MAH TAX MUNNY enforcing a preferred set of gender identifications, we can anticipate that he will come out totally against the Trump administration's proposed anti-transgender rule... right?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

This one is so deep down the rabbit hole that I don't even really "get it"

like, it's obviously about white knights, and I think it's probably saying that male feminists are cynically telling women what they want to hear to get laid but it's not working, but the dialogue itself is just kind of babble to me

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

loquacius posted:

like, it's obviously about white knights, and I think it's probably saying that male feminists are cynically telling women what they want to hear to get laid but it's not working, but the dialogue itself is just kind of babble to me

I think the message is supposed to be that they serve her and in the background is some sort of progress bar that they are working their way up (not very quickly apparently)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

In 2015, the American Dialect Society named the singular "they" as the word of the year. Cry about it, Tinsley.

(for what it's worth, "web" was their word of the 90s, "jazz" their word of the 20th century, and "she" their word of of the 1000-2000 millennium)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Oh hey cool, a synagogue shooting. Must be because Hillary Clinton, right?

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

loquacius posted:

I think it's criticizing incels who talk a big game about being redpilled on women online but instead of being brave (and totally not gay) Men Going Their Own Way, they still chase after women anyway in their daily lives.

First panel: Brad mentally congratulates himself on being redpilled about women ("roasties" is incel slang for women, from "roast beef curtains", because of course they only see women as walking genitals and not people)
Second panel: subversion, we see he's still a woman's slave anyway as he jumps to find her more betamale slaves on Tindr
Third panel: Brad goes back to internally gloating about how the matriarchy is doomed (now that guys like him have figured it out)

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 27, 2018

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Also, nice timing on that Holocaust joke comic

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

BiggerJ posted:

He He Silly

I don't have the foggiest gently caress what any of them is trying to say exactly lol. So much for successful subversive normalization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

D.N. Nation posted:

Oh hey cool, a synagogue shooting. Must be because Hillary Clinton, right?

Happened during a bris as well.

What's gonna be StoneToss guy's response?