Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like, dude stacked the deck in his favor, acquiring nearly 20% of all the spots, and lost them all before Round 2 even ended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So what you're telling me is he is going to use the substitution rule to get himself in the ring.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

One of his bodyguards went to go pick up Bando's CEO this chapter so I'm guessing the endless schemes still aren't done

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

still rooting for him to get bankrupted and gambling girl to get all his assets

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Highroller girl is gonna buy out an existing competing company in the middle of the tournament and go on to become the chairman

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

if somebody beats the fang, would the fang want to be their friend?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Quote =/= Edit.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Oct 28, 2018

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

New chapter is out - https://mangadex.org/chapter/471720/1

Our first mirror match!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

Quote =/= Edit.

Fang being moe over Gaolang showing up once again makes him a great character.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I love Agito so much

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

this fight is already good, i'm really glad that fang is not a boring character

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

where the red fern gropes posted:

i'm really glad that fang is not a boring character and Meguro was immediately killed.

Fang's already stolen Gaolang's fighting style so I'm not sure what else is left now.

Fight's only just started but if it's just going to be a boxing match and Gao's flashbackstory I'm less interested than when Okubo's abilities getting assimilated.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
agito losing for this reason would be really dumb and i want it to happen

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

where the red fern gropes posted:

this fight is already good, i'm really glad that fang is not a boring character

It's absolutely shocking how easy it would be to be a boring milquetoast super strong fightman guy since he's been built up, but thankfully Kengan rules.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

RareAcumen posted:

Fang's already stolen Gaolang's fighting style so I'm not sure what else is left now.

Fight's only just started but if it's just going to be a boxing match and Gao's flashbackstory I'm less interested than when Okubo's abilities getting assimilated.

I feel like even losing fighters tend to get a bit of spotlight by the manga, so I don't think it'll be just that. My bet is that he'll be able to beat Agito as long as Agito sticks to boxing only until Agito consciously abandons the boxing style - at which point Agito has won the match, but essentially lost on pride? At least that's what I'm hoping for.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm rooting for my boy Gaolong, the most handsome man in the Kengan Tournament.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Exercu posted:

I feel like even losing fighters tend to get a bit of spotlight by the manga, so I don't think it'll be just that. My bet is that he'll be able to beat Agito as long as Agito sticks to boxing only until Agito consciously abandons the boxing style - at which point Agito has won the match, but essentially lost on pride? At least that's what I'm hoping for.

Oh no, I mean like, he's already doing Flicker stance and everything so I don't know what else he could possibly steal from Gaolang.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Exercu posted:

I could see Agito and Gaolang punching each other until Gaolang is winning, so Agito abandons boxing and begins beating Gaolang, who is then forced to abandon pure boxing and mix in Muay Thai. Both of them end up losing their "pride" in this scenario.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!
Oh, that's actually a real good point. I still see Fang having to win (because he needs a rematch against Sen), but somehow I totally forgot that Muay Thai is on the table.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RareAcumen posted:

Oh no, I mean like, he's already doing Flicker stance and everything so I don't know what else he could possibly steal from Gaolang.

Fang is going to befriend Saw after the match.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Kanos posted:

Both of them end up losing their "pride" in this scenario.

The only pride Gaolang has is pride in his country. :colbert:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Electric Phantasm posted:

Fang is going to befriend Saw after the match.

Speaking of Saw, the poor boy is drinking in his depression.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wow, gently caress, I didn't even notice Rei of all people showing shock.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Exercu posted:

Oh, that's actually a real good point. I still see Fang having to win (because he needs a rematch against Sen), but somehow I totally forgot that Muay Thai is on the table.

Fang and Sen haven't fought before

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Be safe Saw :ohdear:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Hate-Senpai posted:

I like how Muteba is shocked even though he's blind. Maybe he heard Agito taking a stance.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Begemot posted:

I like how Muteba is shocked even though he's blind. Maybe he heard Agito taking a stance.

Don't forget he's testing out his cyborg eyes before hit next match.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Begemot posted:

yeah either that or his new "eyes" let him watch TV

or maybe he's reacting to something completely different, like the vending machine just stole his candy bar

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

CharlestonJew posted:

yeah either that or his new "eyes" let him watch TV

or maybe he's reacting to something completely different, like the vending machine just stole his candy bar

What sort of dandy man eats a chocolate bar that might leave nasty stains.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

You'd be amazed at how safe you feel eating messy foods when you've got a bib and a smock handy.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Hate-Senpai posted:

Muteba's not a clumsy enough man to get stains on anything he's wearing

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Brought To You By posted:

The only pride Gaolang has is pride in his country. :colbert:

Gaolang definitely has some "pride of a warrior" poo poo going on, given his reaction to Saw Paing giving up after losing.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
If Agito likes to beat people with their own styles, what would he do against Bando?

But what I really want to see is him in a pro wrestling match against Seki.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Everyone else: Wide-eyed surprise

Kaneda: Squinting harder

:golfclap:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

Who's the guy in the middle between Kaneda and Kure patriarch?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

gaolangs employer

how accurate are the names of the non-japanese fighters for the countries they're from?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Dr Christmas posted:

But what I really want to see is him in a pro wrestling match against Seki.
god that would have been incredible

"I will crush you...with better makeup and an even crazier persona!"

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Begemot posted:

Don't forget that Muteba would probably thing Daredevil is an amateur, considering he was still able to detect his surroundings and fight with a slight handicap while blind AND deaf, using only his sense of smell.

Him sensing the TV radiation on his skin and being able to distinguish the colors and picture with his touch or something equally silly is a real possibility with him. :allears:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Joseance posted:

gaolangs employer

Wow, I totally forgot he had a CEO he was working under. I thought Rama XIII was his boss and that was it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/mrfeelswildride/status/1056651728613863425