Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hako
Jul 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Popete posted:

gently caress no, please.

Even if he wasn't a piece of poo poo I can't stand watching him play 2b with the mobility of a slug. He also can't really hit anymore.

The Chicago Nationals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Awesome shot by fox

https://i.imgur.com/BdbW09e.mp4

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Classic as gently caress.

Damo
Nov 8, 2002

The second-generation Pontiac Sunbird, introduced by the automaker for the 1982 model year as the J2000, was built to be an inexpensive and fuel-efficient front-wheel-drive commuter car capable of seating five.

Offensive Clock
edit: wrong thread

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
The one good thing about living in LA is that I can hear Dodgers fans' cries of lamentation from my apartment.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Also, agreed.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1056391795523895296

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Please stop posting the Racist in Chief in the baseball thread. It will be bad enough when the Red Sox are all hugging him soon.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Popete posted:

gently caress no, please.

Even if he wasn't a piece of poo poo I can't stand watching him play 2b with the mobility of a slug. He also can't really hit anymore.

Put Bote at 2B. It's his natural position.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Even I can admit this owns and rooting for Madison bumgarner leaves me contractually obligated to hate fun

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah but it's trash now, a pointless footnote.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

STAC Goat posted:

It will be bad enough when the Red Sox are all hugging him soon.

:allears:

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

https://twitter.com/marcowill/status/1056402073250541569?s=21

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Converting baseball into a competitive event from a barnstorming circus act was man’s greatest folly

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :suicide:

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Like regardless of anything else I don’t like the fact that he and I were doing the same thing tonight. Gross

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Put Bote at 2B. It's his natural position.

Strange, I thought his natural position was walking back to the dugout after a high fastball.

I hope I’m wrong but I feel like we all got LaHaired until the league adjusted.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I think the Dodger hubris of having Dennis Eckersley throw out the first pitch is what cursed us last night

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

I think the Dodger hubris of having Dennis Eckersley throw out the first pitch is what cursed us last night

Yuck

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Mmm, nah, disagree.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Tonight I'm wearing a bow tie kindly donated by John Smoltz representing the "The dirty player Machado fails to hustle” narrative, for children everywhere.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Hindsight baseball tweets are really dumb, and yet somehow the president is still even dumber.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Jeff Passan's Game 4 write-up is a triumph of baisbol writing which is not what I expected on Yahoo but it's a gently caress pro click nonetheless:

https://sports.yahoo.com/even-chris-sales-fiery-speech-didnt-cause-bostons-epic-game-4-comeback-certainly-didnt-hurt-095631015.html

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

the popes toes posted:

Jeff Passan's Game 4 write-up is a triumph of baisbol writing which is not what I expected on Yahoo but it's a gently caress pro click nonetheless:

https://sports.yahoo.com/even-chris-sales-fiery-speech-didnt-cause-bostons-epic-game-4-comeback-certainly-didnt-hurt-095631015.html
is the wordfilter bugging out or did you actually write "gently caress"

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Time to test it out- gently caress

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Lol are you loving kidding me?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Well that's gonna make the GDT quite a thing tonight. :allears:

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Another “opposing starter gives speech in the dugout” story for the Dodgers in the World Series. loving awesome

E: gently caress your word filter

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sydin posted:

Some mod just had a brilliant idea of how to make the game worth watching tonight.

GoatSeeGuy
Dec 26, 2003

What if Jerome Walton made me a champion?

N: https://twitter.com/WillBrinson/status/1056610265838575617

V: 3/10 - No headlock.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Sydin posted:

Just have to use a lot of interspersed Lackey gifs

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Posting just to say I’m still alive and leaving for the stadium for some dumbass reason.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Jesus loving christ. It's been a few hours.

So I'm a Cardinal fan, this is known. I live in Columbia, MO. I have a collection of about 40 different MLB hats from my dad. I change it up and wear different ones whenever I feel like it. Today I decided to walk my dog in my Cubs hat.

I'm walking the dog and there's a dumpster near me where our apartment complex takes out the trash. Lots of Mizzou students leave furniture and stuff there when they move or go home after college. Today there was a nice mountain bike sitting next to the dumpster.

"Hey sweet, I was just thinking of getting a new bike. Maybe I can fix this one up and put it to use." So I take the dog back inside and go to check it out. I go up to inspect it and a shirtless dude bursts out from underneath a pile of trash in the dumpster like Oscar the Grouch and tells me to get the gently caress away from his bike.

"Holy poo poo, sorry. Didn't know this was yours." He tells me to give him my "loving Cubs hat". I start walking back to my apartment and he chases me like a zombie from 28 Days Later. I'd deck him in the nose but he might bite me and give me hepatitis or some poo poo. Called the cops and they said if he does anything again to call them back (what the gently caress is this bullshit)

So now a lunatic who really hates the Cubs, or really loves the Cubs idk, lives in my dumpster and knows where I live.

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Posting just to say I’m still alive and leaving for the stadium for some dumbass reason.

👋

E: today’s game will either be a Kershaw CGSO or it will be over by the 4th inning. Either way the Dodgers score 1 run

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Tom Gorman posted:

So now a lunatic who really hates the Cubs, or really loves the Cubs idk, lives in my dumpster and knows where I live.

I would have tossed the cap in the air and ran screaming. Man, Cubs fans, right?

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Tom Gorman posted:

Jesus loving christ. It's been a few hours.

So I'm a Cardinal fan, this is known. I live in Columbia, MO. I have a collection of about 40 different MLB hats from my dad. I change it up and wear different ones whenever I feel like it. Today I decided to walk my dog in my Cubs hat.

I'm walking the dog and there's a dumpster near me where our apartment complex takes out the trash. Lots of Mizzou students leave furniture and stuff there when they move or go home after college. Today there was a nice mountain bike sitting next to the dumpster.

"Hey sweet, I was just thinking of getting a new bike. Maybe I can fix this one up and put it to use." So I take the dog back inside and go to check it out. I go up to inspect it and a shirtless dude bursts out from underneath a pile of trash in the dumpster like Oscar the Grouch and tells me to get the gently caress away from his bike.

"Holy poo poo, sorry. Didn't know this was yours." He tells me to give him my "loving Cubs hat". I start walking back to my apartment and he chases me like a zombie from 28 Days Later. I'd deck him in the nose but he might bite me and give me hepatitis or some poo poo. Called the cops and they said if he does anything again to call them back (what the gently caress is this bullshit)

Things really got bad quickly for Jayson Werth :(

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I still don't understand the Cardinals/Cubs rivalry from the Cardinal perspective. I have no reason to dislike the Cubs. I've worn a Cubs hat in Columbia and strangers have reached out and knocked it off my head and kept walking. Like a dozen times, it's so dumb.

The Blues though, with the Blackhawks and Red Wings. Yeah that one makes sense. But nobody cares about the Blues. Or hockey. I mean I do, but any Blues fans you do find are so broken at this point that Nothing Matters.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Best fans in baseball.

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo

This man knows about recklessly turning over a staff while your competition wipes the floor with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
The man was perfectly correct in pointing out that the proper home for a Cubs hat is a dumpster

• Locked thread