Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1055602666460434432

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

If he doesn't name them he is a bitchboy

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Like it was JBL right? That's gotta be a safe bet. EDIT: Oh he's not in the HoF.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
My gut feeling is Bob Backlund

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So one of my friends who got into wrestling very recently linked me to some YouTuber named JDfromNY.

Why does this guy shout so much and he reminds me of DarkSydePhil. I'd link some of his videos in this thread, but I don't want to give him the free views. He really hates the main roster product and its workers from what I've seen.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Aesop Poprock posted:

My gut feeling is Bob Backlund

that would mean bob backlund knows how to use twitter

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Trump is in the Hall of Fame

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

DarkstarIV posted:

So one of my friends who got into wrestling very recently linked me to some YouTuber named JDfromNY.

Why does this guy shout so much and he reminds me of DarkSydePhil. I'd link some of his videos in this thread, but I don't want to give him the free views. He really hates the main roster product and its workers from what I've seen.

He's annoying

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

that would mean bob backlund knows how to use twitter

True I was broadening DMs to texts or emails in my head but I can’t really process the idea of Backlund doing either of those things ever

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Aesop Poprock posted:

True I was broadening DMs to texts or emails in my head but I can’t really process the idea of Backlund doing either of those things ever

I wonder if Backlund would be willing to send a telegram or if that's still too high fallutin' and instead he just fires messages tied to arrows from a longbow

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/RBX2000/status/1055624709616926721?s=19

Mexican wrestler is very "Mexican". Apparently this is bad.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
he feels very 'mexican' but hopefully he'll improve

jesus christ

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/FreelanceMikey/status/1056214357741314048

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

uhhh aside from the cheesy comparisons to promoting pro-America characters what exactly is wrong with this?

edit: I kind of glazed over the stupid beacon of hope let everyone have a voice etc sentence poo poo since WWE was always all about profit and doesn't give a gently caress about that. I guess it's just nice to see even some weirdo WWE fans say this is too hosed up to support

Aesop Poprock fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Oct 28, 2018

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I think I'm more offended by the idea he likes Hacksaw Jim Duggan

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Defiance Industries posted:

I think I'm more offended by the idea he likes Hacksaw Jim Duggan

I'll have you know that Hacksaw Jim Duggan is part of one of my favorite moments in all the professional wrestling I've ever watched: Bobby Heenan's insuppressible gales of laughter at the suggestion that ol' Hacksaw is a man of intelligence

seriously, it's great

SatansOnion fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Oct 28, 2018

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Great response to that

https://twitter.com/PBAR2411/status/1056218425192792068?s=19

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

If the WWE did shows talking about how great the murder rates in chicago were getting and how progressive the lack of bombs coming out of Florida were I think it would be not so great

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
the WWE is also shipping bombs out of Florida. i am of course speaking of every wrestler from NXT who is called up to the main roster.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Well, WWE consistently pretends that Florida is somewhere anyone would want to go, which is basically propaganda.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

uhhh aside from the cheesy comparisons to promoting pro-America characters what exactly is wrong with this?

edit: I kind of glazed over the stupid beacon of hope let everyone have a voice etc sentence poo poo since WWE was always all about profit and doesn't give a gently caress about that. I guess it's just nice to see even some weirdo WWE fans say this is too hosed up to support

they're just a woefully uninformed dipshit who is somehow legitimately heartbroken now, instead of when the company run by the rapist struck a deal to push propoganda for the violent, abusive regime.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I am confused about someone being made by WWE to feel as though a loved one broke their heart at this time. If you've been on-board and in love with them throughout the last several years, the greatest royal rumble, and so on, It's more likely that you are just another one of the billions of people who do not particularly care about anything until it might make you look bad. That guy is most likely a big turdass; having turds dried up and attached along his rear end area

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
From Reddit:

Reddit posted:

Lots of people on here keep hyping Evolution and acting like this PPV is more important than Wrestle-mania or Saudi Arabia but I doubt that many people really care as much as they say. The truth is women’s wrestling simple is not as good as men’s. And it’s for the same reason the WNBA is not as good as the nba. Men and women are different. Men are naturally and usually much bigger, stronger and faster than women.

As a male wrestling fan I’m not into the storylines of women’s wrestling anymore than I’m into those old school daytime soap operas or “chick flicks”. I do appreciate the beauty of women but it’s hard to take them seriously when they still dress like the attitude era in very skimpy costumes that show off their cleavage. I’ve never seen Undertaker wear chaps. I also don’t like it when women act masculine even though I respect their right to do so. And before you call me sexist for that I ask you if you also think it’s sexist for women to cringe when men do feminine things? When women’s wrestling comes on I change the channel. Not because I hate women but because it simply doesn’t satisfy my tastes.

I want to clarify that I am in no way saying women don’t have the right to wrestle. I’m saying I have the right to not be into it. Same thing with New Day and third hour of Raw. I change the channel when New Day comes on or 3rd hour of Raw because I want WWE to notice a trend of losing viewers when they see things I don’t like appear on screen. Our tv remotes and computer keyboards and touch screens are a voting tool.

In my opinion the majority of people on here hyping up evolution are male wrestling fans who are infatuated with or fetishize the female talent. When you go to the wrestling section on 4chan you see all these guys making threads commenting on the women’s bodies. I think there is a bigger segment of men who are turned on by women’s fighting than most people realize. I think some of them ever fantasize about being physically abused and beat up by women. This is just something I have noticed.

Not liking women’s wrestling doesn’t make you sexist. There are plenty of women who prefer men’s wrestling and the nba to women’s wrestling and WNBA. It’s all about preference and I think it’s unfair to label people just because your upset they don’t share your opinion. I feel it says more about you than them.

I wish these ladies the best of luck tonight with their pay per view. I hope the true women’s wresting fans get their wish for a great show. But tonight I’m going to be playing gta instead of dropping money on the ppv.
This is almost peak redpiller.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Lol at saying you don't respect women because of the skimpy costumes when you're talking about Wrestling. The sport where a guy who wore assless chaps, made blow job jokes and came out to himself singing that he's a sexy boy is considered one of the greatest of all time.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And the thing about thinking it's sexist if women make fun of men doing things normally coded as feminine? Um... I mean, you can argue that sexism can only exist from men towards women due to western society's ingrained patriarchy... but, like, it's still not cool for women to judge men for doing 'girly' things either.

Also bravo for the implied twofer of being racist also with the random comment about the New Day.

And lol at the final line. If he's too poor to buy RDR2, then he obviously couldn't afford to buy the PPV.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

And the thing about thinking it's sexist if women make fun of men doing things normally coded as feminine? Um... I mean, you can argue that sexism can only exist from men towards women due to western society's ingrained patriarchy... but, like, it's still not cool for women to judge men for doing 'girly' things either.

its like, one of the most basic examples of toxic masculinity lol

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

From Reddit:

This is almost peak redpiller.

someone on reddit being a sexist shithead, you say? :eyepop:

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

internet machines need a mechanism to punch you in the face when you say poo poo that would normally get you punched in the face.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

And lol at the final line. If he's too poor to buy RDR2, then he obviously couldn't afford to buy the PPV.

I think you've forgotten that the wwe network is only nine ninety nine

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I wonder if women's wrestling in WWE isn't as good as men's because WWE books women like poo poo, pushes women who aren't good, and gives them little to no time for their matches, or because women are just genetically inferior to men

man that's a tough call!

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I cannot believe that a place featuring a dude doing a countdown of unprotected chairshots to the head has people with less than stellar opinions on fake fighting.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
now i want to see the undertaker in assless chaps

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

quite stretched out posted:

now i want to see the undertaker in assless chaps

And sing sexy boy. Full HBK entrance but set at the undertaker's usual pace.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

i never understood the term assless chaps because all chaps are assless technically its chaps with nothing underneath

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

I Before E posted:

I think you've forgotten that the wwe network is only nine ninety nine

Excuse me, I think you'll find Evolution is FREE TO NEW SUBSCRIBERS

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

i never understood the term assless chaps because all chaps are assless technically its chaps with nothing underneath

I swear this is the third thread in the last twenty-four hours that I’m following having this exact same conversation.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

evolution is inferior to crown jewel because Ronda Rousey is just plain not the athletic equal of the grandpas of destruction

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I swear this is the third thread in the last twenty-four hours that I’m following having this exact same conversation.

Thread echoing happens all the time. I think people just like to share new info they're aware of or they forget that they got it from another thread and assume they came up with the talking point

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

red dead redemption 2 has lead to a resurgence in consideration of chaps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

coconono posted:

internet machines need a mechanism to punch you in the face when you say poo poo that would normally get you punched in the face.

Twitter and reddit become the focal points of an overnight mass suicide by bad opinion