Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
The Lenny mission was great, but the best drunken mission of all time still goes to the Witcher 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

i played this game all day and progressed the story basically none

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

The titty jiggles in this game are fan-loving-orgasmic.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I used to see rabbits everywhere but now that I have a hunting challenge to get 3 perfect rabbit pelts they just don't spawn anymore

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

insane anime posted:

The titty jiggles in this game are fan-loving-orgasmic.

DrNutt posted:

I am only a couple hours in but so far I feel like this game feels a little more mature than the last few GTAs or even the first RDR. I'm sure I'll run into some sort of Herbert moooooooon thing soon enough but for now it's pretty refreshingly restrained.

Lol

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kroEiX5tkE0

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
So there are hidden interactions involving setting up camps which may not be very obvious at all but they are needed for some random encounters.

For example I set up camp near the trapper to make something and it launched into a cutscene where swamp people threatened me with a gun warning me to get got or they would gut me. So yeah remember to use camps because it can result in random things happening in the world.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So I did the mission to rescue Sean and now the Dutch mission is gone, did I miss it or will it come back? The only mission at camp is John's.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I've been killing a lot of people in the road for money and bullets and then I go to the camp and talk to one of the girls and she says "Arthur, are you alright?" and then Arthur says "Well, I've been killing a lot of animals needlessly", she says "Is that it?" and Arthur says "Well" *pause* "I've also been killing lots of innocet folk, don't know why. I'm just so angry". drat.

tjones
May 13, 2005
I feel like the hat and chap clothing selections are lacking and this bugs me to no end.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

elpaganoescapa posted:

I've been killing a lot of people in the road for money and bullets and then I go to the camp and talk to one of the girls and she says "Arthur, are you alright?" and then Arthur says "Well, I've been killing a lot of animals needlessly", she says "Is that it?" and Arthur says "Well" *pause* "I've also been killing lots of innocet folk, don't know why. I'm just so angry". drat.

I think if you participate in those conversations they say that no matter what.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

titties posted:

i just had that conversation and he said the bit about the animals but not the people

and there is nothing needless about my animal slaughter, a man's got to get paid

Themage
Jul 21, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

titties posted:

Actually if you read through the thread you'll see that this game is very bad so you're not missing anything

gamers rise up

Pump-Action Gerbil
Sep 13, 2000
GOTY for sure.

But, am I missing something with the weapons system? I select a rifle and shotgun on my horse. I jump off and one of them is still on my donkey.

Or I shoot something with my shotgun and holster it with L1, but hitting L1 again pulls out my pistol.

Am I retarded? I'm almost considering dropping all weapons except for one, so when I hit L1 I know what I will be aiming with.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
How do you carry more than one large animal pelt to the trapper? I have a legendary bear pelt and want to go find a bison to make a coat with, but earlier, I couldn't fit two alligator skins on my horse at once and it just dumps one off.

Or is your inventory space for that stuff just based on the other, littler junk already stowed? (I had a few pig skins and some buck skins at the time in my pack.)

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014

titties posted:

I think it's tied to your renegade level or whatever, if you are more in the red than in the white of the scale.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

RatHat posted:

Is it actually confirmed that they don't come back? I have my doubts, especially about NPCs not respawning.

No he's trying out a gimmick where hr makes poo poo up and sees how many people he can get to believe him.

Somehow it's working

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

Margaret side quest spoiler: So I just finished Margaret's sidequest. I was on the way to get the "lion" from Emerald Ranch and though to myself "It would be hilarious if the lion turned out to be an actual lion". Sure enough. :v:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

I'm very torn about getting this game. One the one hand, it looks really good.

On the other hand, I've been burned out on open world games and haven't liked one in years (except for BOTW) and this is giving me vibes from the Witcher 3, in that I REALLY tried to like that game, but I couldn't. Because:

A: The combat was miserable. The sort of hybrid between Batman combat and Dark Souls combat felt slow, yet janky. At least the combat for DRD2 looks competent.

B: The slowness of Witcher 3 really turned me off. Don't make me craft a ghost-killing oil for my sword, let me just go hit the ghost. RDR3 this looks EVEN slower, but somehow the attention to detail might somehow make that cathartic. Are there too many little chores to do here?

C: Roach, that loving horse. Normally horses are lovely in these games because they have a mind of their own, and you have to get off every 15 feet anyways so you can pick some flowers. It looks like the this game has less stops, are the horses less stupid?

This game have plenty of the things you hate and in agravant quantities.

Zaa Boogie posted:

Rockstar, you clever gents.

This game has cheat codes. They're in the in game newspapers you buy.

https://rankedboost.com/red-dead-redemption-2/cheats/

Theres one that change how the game work in a good way: you can call your horse from infinite distance.

Tei fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Oct 28, 2018

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Sedisp posted:

Ultimately the problem with RDR 2 is that the game is extremely good so often that the mistakes are all the more glaring. Little issues like the looting being a hold command AND a long animation, the crime system being kinda bad and no toggles for any of the immersion options would all be normally small things. But they are so much more glaring in a game that does so much right.

honestly i think this was true of gta4 too. still a good game!

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Tei posted:

This game have plenty of the things you hate and in agravant quantities.

https://rankedboost.com/red-dead-redemption-2/cheats/

Theres that change how the game work in a good way: you can call your horse from infinite distance.

Can't save after a cheat.

Side note does anyone know what activities are repeatable? I'm getting a post gtav feeling that none of them are.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Sedisp posted:

Can't save after a cheat.

the hell? what a moronic decision

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Tei posted:

the hell? what a moronic decision

They did it in the first one too thrn patched it after the hype died down.

Either way it's stupid since none of the cheats are particularly fun so who loving cares if saves happen?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I just found this in the PS4 thread, but is worth posting here:
https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60648/The-Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Official-Companion-App

companion app for second screen stuff

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Jesus why the hell does time have to pass so fast when I'm browsing at the General Store? Bought a new hat and some chaps and now it's midnight I guess.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I am terrible at casual train robberies, should I target the back of the train? Should I stop the train first?

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Tei posted:

I just found this in the PS4 thread, but is worth posting here:
https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60648/The-Red-Dead-Redemption-2-Official-Companion-App

companion app for second screen stuff

It's a pity that most Android Tablets aren't compatible with the app. It works fine on my phone but the text in the journal is tiny and you can't zoom.

I'm holding out for an update for tablets because even on the phone, never having to pause to use the map is an amazing feature that should be available in all open world games. It also shows all your cores constantly which is handy.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

DrNutt posted:

Jesus why the hell does time have to pass so fast when I'm browsing at the General Store? Bought a new hat and some chaps and now it's midnight I guess.

Time passage seems really weird and abrupt in this game in general.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

I saw nobody for an hour then a cougar ate me

But I laughed

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

This game is a 10/10 on average, and it's real swingy. Some things are off the charts, and some things are just plain dumb as hell.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
The emergent quests in this are ridiculous.

Some random dude ran out on the road crying for help from a snake bite, so I sucked it out of his leg and promptly forgot about it. Several hours later, he's in town and yells to me, tells me to grab one free item from the gun shop, so I head in, shoot the poo poo with the clerk who basically makes fun of the guy but says the offer is good, and I grab the Springfield rifle and save myself 120 bucks. Come out to thank the guy, he gets pissed I picked something so expensive, then his friend tries to pick a fight with me, so I punch his rear end out. The snake bite guy tries to flee, trips and falls off the porch and knocks himself out on the horse hitch.

GotY 2018

Also I robbed a secret room and got a free Schofield Revolver, which I promptly made look like a ridiculous Victorian steampunk gun covered in brass engraving. Game rules.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Oxxidation posted:

i just circumnavigated the entire southern half of the map to get enough loot for the leatherworking tools and i don't know why because the "rewards" you can craft seem negligible at best and hunting in this game blows goats

but the home robbery at the map's extreme southern edge had me feeling like a bad, bad man

If there isn't enough money in the ledger, you can pay for the rest with your own money. At least that's what I think. There was like 140 in the ledger and I had 100 on me and I managed to buy the leather working tools just fine.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Can't wait to get absolutely shitfaced at a work function and run from the venue security screaming you'll never take me alive.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

JBP posted:

Can't wait to get absolutely shitfaced at a work function and run from the venue security screaming you'll never take me alive.

I'M AN AMERICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I am only using revolvers and recolouring them to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeYJQ7CXFKE

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

A bunch of betamale soyboys on the internet forum for far out left liberals suddenly clutching on to American ideals and the "toxic" masculinity that the right has been touting ever since America got Great again has no idea what it means to be a real cowboy. I lived on a ranch in Jackson Hole, Wyoming helping my dad maintain the ranch. If I didn't that meant I didn't get to eat, and my baby sister who was sick might die. Busting my rear end in the stables, waking up at the rear end crack of dawn, and not going to bed until the cows literally came home. I've shoveled poo poo, and I've buried my own dog. Nearest veterinarian was a ways into town, and I've had to suture a bulls bleeding nutsack after castration. So continue living in your fantasy playing Red Dead Redemption, hell, I wish I was as oblivious to you. I know the reality of it though, and it's not all glamorous train robberies and drinking at the saloon. It's a lot of hard work, and a lot of real heart break.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

veni veni veni posted:

Time passage seems really weird and abrupt in this game in general.

I'm finding the game mostly incredible but poo poo like this makes me think "huh, did this seriously never come up in testing? At all?"

insane anime
Aug 5, 2018

That being said this game is really loving fun.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

insane anime posted:

A bunch of betamale soyboys on the internet forum for far out left liberals suddenly clutching on to American ideals and the "toxic" masculinity that the right has been touting ever since America got Great again has no idea what it means to be a real cowboy. I lived on a ranch in Jackson Hole, Wyoming helping my dad maintain the ranch. If I didn't that meant I didn't get to eat, and my baby sister who was sick might die. Busting my rear end in the stables, waking up at the rear end crack of dawn, and not going to bed until the cows literally came home. I've shoveled poo poo, and I've buried my own dog. Nearest veterinarian was a ways into town, and I've had to suture a bulls bleeding nutsack after castration. So continue living in your fantasy playing Red Dead Redemption, hell, I wish I was as oblivious to you. I know the reality of it though, and it's not all glamorous train robberies and drinking at the saloon. It's a lot of hard work, and a lot of real heart break.

I mostly accidentally ride my horse onto rabbits and sell their meat for horse smelling salts.

Come to think of it, maybe my horse is just coked up. That would explain so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Fuzz posted:

The emergent quests in this are ridiculous.

Some random dude ran out on the road crying for help from a snake bite, so I sucked it out of his leg and promptly forgot about it. Several hours later, he's in town and yells to me, tells me to grab one free item from the gun shop, so I head in, shoot the poo poo with the clerk who basically makes fun of the guy but says the offer is good, and I grab the Springfield rifle and save myself 120 bucks. Come out to thank the guy, he gets pissed I picked something so expensive, then his friend tries to pick a fight with me, so I punch his rear end out. The snake bite guy tries to flee, trips and falls off the porch and knocks himself out on the horse hitch.

GotY 2018

Also I robbed a secret room and got a free Schofield Revolver, which I promptly made look like a ridiculous Victorian steampunk gun covered in brass engraving. Game rules.

That's great but the exact same thing happened to me and i'm guessing many others, so how "emergent" is it really