Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Kwanza Osajyefo donated 250 so BLACK must be doing okay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

David D. Davidson posted:

John Ostrander is on there too. However the cheapskate only gave twenty.

To be fair, last I heard he had a myriad of health problems.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Yeah I was kidding when I called him a cheapskate, you give what can. I know how it goes.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

David D. Davidson posted:

Yeah I was kidding when I called him a cheapskate.
Hilarious!

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

Edmund Lava posted:

Eric Powell is on there too. Very comforting considering I like The Goon, but some of it would fit right into the CG narrative.

Yeah, uh, he was going "these new republicans are making Good™ republicans look bad, what happened to the party of Reagan?" awhile back on twitter. Not unexpected, unfortunately, because I saw the same stuff you did probably.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Chipped in $20.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib

Davros1 posted:

To be fair, last I heard he had a myriad of health problems.

I thought he had his own Kickstarter ages ago to help with his....I want to say eye....problems. Glad he is still kicking around and is on the right side of history.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Apparently still going well

That marc is Marc Guggenheim btw

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Anyone know anything about the allegations made against Waid by Shannon Pierce-Outlaw?

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

bessantj posted:

Anyone know anything about the allegations made against Waid by Shannon Pierce-Outlaw?

Just what she's said.

It sounds like there's some bad blood there, but assuming it's true, Waid being a douchebag in an unrelated matter wouldn't have much in the way of correlation with this nuisance lawsuit from Meyer. Seems like it muddies the waters.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i'm no fan of waid but is there someone talking about that that isnt boundingintonazism and evs? those are the only links that came up when i googled those names together

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

It was the reason I asked here, I'd never heard of boundingintocomics before but after clicking round it seemed like a solid comicsgate platform so couldn't be trusted and I'd never heard of her before. Doesn't seem to have gone much further than that CG site and her facebook.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

bessantj posted:

It was the reason I asked here, I'd never heard of boundingintocomics before but after clicking round it seemed like a solid comicsgate platform so couldn't be trusted and I'd never heard of her before. Doesn't seem to have gone much further than that CG site and her facebook.

Your instinct is correct, Bounding into Comics is a comicsgate platform with a history of treating marginalized comics creators very shoddily indeed.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
It's up to 57,000 in only 2 days. So it looks like Mark Waid is not going to have to pay a penny for this.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It was never going to court anyways I’m sure, Dickie was always planning on backing down I’m sure.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Covok posted:

It's up to 57,000 in only 2 days. So it looks like Mark Waid is not going to have to pay a penny for this.

This includes an anonymous 10k donation by the way for folks who haven’t checked the page.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I don't think Dickie is smart enough to back down, his lawyer is going to take him for all he's worth.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

This includes an anonymous 10k donation by the way for folks who haven’t checked the page.

Jfc

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

mallratcal posted:

I don't think Dickie is smart enough to back down, his lawyer is going to take him for all he's worth.

It also fits in with his "I'm oppressed" narrative if he loses, suddenly it's not just Waid, but the "big mean US liberal court system" that oppresses him.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Anora posted:

It also fits in with his "I'm oppressed" narrative if he loses, suddenly it's not just Waid, but the "big mean US liberal court system" that oppresses him.

Yeah that’s my guess. This whole thing is pretty much win win for him; if he backs down, Waid once again bullied him and used his wealth and industry friends to do it, and Dickie is the brave underdog who did his best and anyways here’s the new indiegogo campaign please give Dickie more money to own the libs.

It’s possible he’s dumb enough to try and ride this out and actually does manage to ride this out long enough to ruin himself, but I’m betting that his plan was to drum up support and the success of Waid’s campaign is just going to galvanize the chuds on the other side.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Retro Futurist posted:

Yeah that’s my guess. This whole thing is pretty much win win for him; if he backs down, Waid once again bullied him and used his wealth and industry friends to do it, and Dickie is the brave underdog who did his best and anyways here’s the new indiegogo campaign please give Dickie more money to own the libs.

It’s possible he’s dumb enough to try and ride this out and actually does manage to ride this out long enough to ruin himself, but I’m betting that his plan was to drum up support and the success of Waid’s campaign is just going to galvanize the chuds on the other side.

Yeah but the thing is these people will spin absolutely 100% anything as a win for them, that's just a given. Whether it's actually a win is a different story.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lets check in on where spinning everything as a win got Milo or Baked Alaska

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Baked Alaska was a master of self-ownage.

EVS just started a go fund me for Dickie. 28K raised so far with some idiot kicking in 10K.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
Edit: Wrong thread.

Covok
May 27, 2013

mallratcal posted:

Baked Alaska was a master of self-ownage.

EVS just started a go fund me for Dickie. 28K raised so far with some idiot kicking in 10K.

It doesn't matter either way, really.

D&C is going to lose the case. The point of Mark Waid's GFM was to make it so MW wasn't hurt by the unavoidable legal costs of frivolous law suits.

D&C's GFM just takes money out of his fan's hands and burns it. Protects D&C too but leads to the same place: defeat.

In the end, comicsgate will fail like gamergate. The later had more traction. The question is just how long?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Covok posted:

D&C is going to lose the case. The point of Mark Waid's GFM was to make it so MW wasn't hurt by the unavoidable legal costs of frivolous law suits.

D&C's GFM just takes money out of his fan's hands and burns it. Protects D&C too but leads to the same place: defeat.

In the end, comicsgate will fail like gamergate. The later had more traction. The question is just how long?

Gamergate didn't "fail" though. It might not be as ominous and pervasive a presence as it used to be, but it's been less than half a year since Jessica Price lost her job because of their needling. It's still there, it's still agitating and harrassing even if it isn't as visible, and as the recent GoG thing demonstrates it's dogwhistles and tics still have an active demographic. It's really, really hard to put things like this back in their bottles once they're out, even if major figureheads drop out or lose interest-- I'm certain videogame culture on a whole will be dealing with the sour aftermath of gamergate for years.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gamergate was a warmup for the current US political climate so by all measures it was incredibly successful.

Like who do we know who's constantly blaming and demonizing journalists and minority voices for any problem while empowering corporations and bigots?

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Covok posted:

I was just looking forward to Dickie's "Please help, my lawyer took all my money and I can't get my trash comics out to my backers!" fundraiser. I wanted to taste that sweet schadenfreude. Though that could still happen, I have hope.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

mallratcal posted:

I was just looking forward to Dickie's "Please help, my lawyer took all my money and I can't get my trash comics out to my backers!" fundraiser. I wanted to taste that sweet schadenfreude. Though that could still happen, I have hope.

It’s not a total loss comedy wise, as someone on twitter noticed:

https://twitter.com/mrcaptainjames/status/1057297899049107456?s=21

I can only assume this is to keep their dumb as rocks base from getting wise and realizing they aren’t as strong as they think, with the added benefit of energizing some marks enough to get them to give up even more money.

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009

Totally legitimate comments from totally legitimate people on Waid's fundraiser. I can see in the donation log that "Patrick" just gave 10 dollars themselves, is it common for people to use fake CC's/chargebacks to fake donate on these things?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

AzureFlame posted:

Totally legitimate comments from totally legitimate people on Waid's fundraiser. I can see in the donation log that "Patrick" just gave 10 dollars themselves, is it common for people to use fake CC's/chargebacks to fake donate on these things?

I think one of those posts is mocking the other. One says "Anti-CG responses" and the other "CG responses" though I'm not sure who is mocking who here.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

CGers are going wild on the GoFundMe page right now.

Hmm...that capitalisation. Did Frank Miller write this? 🤔

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

JordanKai posted:

CGers are going wild on the GoFundMe page right now.

Hmm...that capitalisation. Did Frank Miller write this? 🤔

They should hire some kind of internationally recognized private investigator to get the bottom of this. If they can get some stealthy sleuths in the local coffee shops I'm sure they can find some incriminating evidence to take this Mark Waid fella down.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I kind of love the idea of there being a settlement that specifically requires Waid to publicly denounce himself as a real piece of work,

Combaticus
Jan 14, 2008

Perfection

Dominance

Ultimate

Fighting

Biotechnology

Retro Futurist posted:

I kind of love the idea of there being a settlement that specifically requires Waid to publicly denounce himself as a real piece of work,

Well apparently he's on record as being a sleazebag. Is that a step up or down from a real piece of work?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I wonder which record that is. I'm not sure what agency records sleazebags.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm totally convinced that the EVS GodFundMe has gotten three legitimate donations of greater than $10,000. That definitely is a thing that is true.

Covok
May 27, 2013

X-O posted:

I'm totally convinced that the EVS GodFundMe has gotten three legitimate donations of greater than $10,000. That definitely is a thing that is true.

Lol.

How little is it when you remove the 30,000?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Someone just donated 18k to it. I don't know if it's funnier/more pathetic that someone is stuffing the ballot box that hard or if some insane person actually believes in CG to the tune of thousands of dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
When does evs get hit with bank fraud for moving tens of thousands of dollars into multiple new accounts to pledge money to himself