Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

I ran into a similar problem there. The people in Van Dorn are dicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Trying to be a good man, saying howdy to most people I meet, but ever now and then some peckerwood just gotta be rude and rile me up!

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

JBP posted:

Upgrade Arthur's tent to fast travel. Use the train otherwise. It's not that bad.

Cool... but then how do you fast travel back to camp once you've fast traveled?

Got ambushed again by some crooks. I just tried to outrun them on horse since mounted combat in this game is a sick joke. By accident I led them back to camp, where the gang and I were able to shoot them all up, but it seems my leveled special edition horse got shot up. Game said I needed a horse reviver, which I had to fast travel to Valentine to buy. Now my reverse dappled horse is gone. Is it dead? Am I stuck starting over from scratch?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Also, holy poo poo how strong is Arthur that every now and then he beats to death some guy with only a couple punches.

Does the choking lift move kill the person or only knock them out?

Qubee
May 31, 2013

uncle w benefits posted:

Cool... but then how do you fast travel back to camp once you've fast traveled?

Got ambushed again by some crooks. I just tried to outrun them on horse since mounted combat in this game is a sick joke. By accident I led them back to camp, where the gang and I were able to shoot them all up, but it seems my leveled special edition horse got shot up. Game said I needed a horse reviver, which I had to fast travel to Valentine to buy. Now my reverse dappled horse is gone. Is it dead? Am I stuck starting over from scratch?

pretty sure there's a timer on a downed horse, when mine got headshot I ran to it in like 20 seconds and revived it. if you fast travel, time is taken into account, and also the render distance might just delete it from existence. RIP, sorry for your loss, my condolences.

as for fast travelling once you've done it, you can't. you can fast travel to locations, but you still gotta ride back or get a stage coach / train. I always opt for stage coach cause it's cheap as chips. train is for when I want to get into / out of the big cities.

super macho dude posted:

Does the choking lift move kill the person or only knock them out?

kills em, learned this the hard way when I thought I'd choke someone unconscious in a town, only to realise arthur wasn't letting up and I choked the god darn life outta him. lawmen then gave me a couple of extra anuses and I died.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

Qubee posted:

pretty sure there's a timer on a downed horse, when mine got headshot I ran to it in like 20 seconds and revived it. if you fast travel, time is taken into account, and also the render distance might just delete it from existence. RIP, sorry for your loss, my condolences.

as for fast travelling once you've done it, you can't. you can fast travel to locations, but you still gotta ride back or get a stage coach / train. I always opt for stage coach cause it's cheap as chips. train is for when I want to get into / out of the big cities.

Welp :qq:

Gotta go return this game now. I lost Mr. Hands and everything else is garbage.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

uncle w benefits posted:

Welp :qq:

Gotta go return this game now. I lost Mr. Hands and everything else is garbage.

maybe go check out a stables to see if that does anything? I swear I will smash poo poo up irl if my horse dies. i'm so paranoid about losing her that I've been considering buying a second horse that I use for dangerous poo poo.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

In retrospect it was really cool to have Odyssey and this game come out in like just the right interval. Two games with very different takes on open worlds and they both do their version exceptionally well.

2018 poo poo year for most things, really good year for video games and escaping all the other poo poo things.

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

Qubee posted:

maybe go check out a stables to see if that does anything? I swear I will smash poo poo up irl if my horse dies. i'm so paranoid about losing her that I've been considering buying a second horse that I use for dangerous poo poo.

I didn't have the option to even run around after the fight. I guess since enemies found the camp, after they all died, a cutscene took control of the game and I wound up leaning against a rock in camp. A message popped up saying I need horse revive, I didn't have any, so I went to fast travel to Valentine to buy some. Now 'Arthur's Horse' is gone from my map and I can't find any trace of Mr. Hands.

VanillaGorilla posted:

In retrospect it was really cool to have Odyssey and this game come out in like just the right interval. Two games with very different takes on open worlds and they both do their version exceptionally well.

2018 poo poo year for most things, really good year for video games and escaping all the other poo poo things.

RDR2 has done nothing exceptionally well.

I may be real real mad now because my horse is dead so take that with a grain of salt.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Ahahahaha dynamite fishing totally works. I love this game.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Bounties are weird. I only got a $7.50 bounty for killing a dude but then like a $10 bounty for knocking a dude over while riding my horse.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Whatd you guys name your horse also what breed?

Mines named Yellow.
I think it was an American standard or something.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Really not enjoying the load out management in this game. I get only having access to whatever your horse is carrying but once I've put my rifle or bow into my inventory, why not let me keep it there until I say I'm done? Why is equipping them in horseback only to be bare handed again when you get off even a thing? What is this supposed to simulate besides Morgan's apparent OCD?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Freckles is considered a vulgarity somewhere so

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Lol, over ten hours in and a little pop just tells me that if you press X to the rhythm of your horse's galloping, it doesn't lose stamina.

This game.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

e: wrong thread

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Named mine Daeonica, she's a beaut. Big burly warhorse that can tank shots (head not included) like it's nobodies business.

Next horse is gonna be a Black Arabian and I'm gonna name him Kethselhan. Sonic the Hedgehog of horses.

Really wish I kept that big black fucker of a horse at the start of the game, I'd have called him Stanchion or something. Anyone know where I'm getting these names from? I'm ridiculously unoriginal.

Horse hair physics pisses me off though, I've had both dreadlocks and regular hair, and whenever I gallop, it just sticks straight out like I've gelled it in place, it looks fuckin silly.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
My favorite RDR standby is getting one or two game overs in the time it takes you to read the prompt for whatever it is the game wants you doing at the moment. God bless games that pause for tutorial messages.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I like using eagle eye and running from enemies and seeing myself get slowly gunned down, it makes me laugh

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Hell yeah I love my horse, Ghost. Kept the preorder warhorse, gave her a silver mohawk and tail. I keep her hopped up on a steady diet of hay and super horse elixir, careful now! She bites.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
No your honour, you see, actually I had to steal that train, because I was shooting my gun on the roof, a train guard took offence so naturally they I had to kill him. His friend, for some reason, thought this was terrible, and I admit, this is where I made my mistake, didn’t die when I punched him off the back of the train. He summoned the law, but obviously I was getting away, I was on a train, when the driver decided to stop at a station. Well, I couldn’t have that, so I chucked him out of the window and that’s when, yes, I stole the train.

In my defence though, I blew the whistle and rang the bell a lot, and I left the train at a station.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I think it's really dumb that you can crash into people in cinematic mode.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
I've been playing for ages and still haven't found this trapper everyone talks about. Rough location?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So like split point ammo is superior to regular ammo and literally costs nothing to craft but time?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I named my horse eightball, don't really know why.
It's the special edition horse, but I only found it in the staples after I got another horse to bond level 3. Now I miss doing skids everywhere :sigh:

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Oct 28, 2018

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

fuf posted:

I've been playing for ages and still haven't found this trapper everyone talks about. Rough location?

If you kill the legendary grizzly you find in that mission with that old guy, he appears on the map. It's east of the horseshoe bend camp iirc

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

fuf posted:

He occasionally shows up in the wilderness camping out (I think if you kill something legendary it triggers him to show up on your map?) but he has a permanent location in the bayou city in the southeast corner of the map

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

The companion app owns but it overheated my phone. Is it any better on a tablet? (other than the visibility)

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Qubee posted:

Named mine Daeonica, she's a beaut. Big burly warhorse that can tank shots (head not included) like it's nobodies business.

Next horse is gonna be a Black Arabian and I'm gonna name him Kethselhan. Sonic the Hedgehog of horses.

Really wish I kept that big black fucker of a horse at the start of the game, I'd have called him Stanchion or something. Anyone know where I'm getting these names from? I'm ridiculously unoriginal.

Those are pretty good names, though. So far I've got a Hecate and Artemis, need to find a horse fitting to be named Nyx and Frigg now :haw:

Calaveron posted:

So like split point ammo is superior to regular ammo and literally costs nothing to craft but time?

Seems that way, yeah. Enemies drop regular ammo often enough, no point in not sitting down at a camp and turning regular bullets into split points. Got to a new region last night and checked the fence, he's selling incendiary ammo recipes :getin:

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

TMMadman posted:

Also, I've been playing this game for 2 days now and I still loving hit the change camera button to try and bring up the map.

Seriously Rockstar, what were you thinking there?

The first person in this game is only good when you are playing one of the mini games like poker or dominoes.

I tried riding with it once and it was loving horrible. I haven't really tried walking around in it, but I don't think I would want to after trying it with the horse.

I mean it's a nice feature and all (although I don't know why they use 3 third person camera angles that are literally just a few feet apart), but it's not a loving feature that needed to use the biggest loving button on the god drat PS4 controller simply because it's not going to be used nearly as much as the loving map/menu. I don't know why it bothers me so much. I think I have a pet peeve about bad button decisions.

This.

Particularly when every other game uses it as a map. The thing has two regions, they could have made the left side of it (aka the side most people don't automatically press) the view change and the right side the map.

Conversely, gently caress the view change as a button toggle entirely, since it's a touchpad, and just swipe up and down on the thing to gradually zoom in and out to wherever you want. Want first person? Zoom in all the way.

Really not hard.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I like this game a lot but I think that maybe a 5 dollar bounty for having a bar fight shouldn't mean that the entire town starts shooting you.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

So much for the tolerant left :decorum:

mareep
Dec 26, 2009

Is there any way to get your War Horse back if it glitches out? I started playing on my fiancé’s One X. Then switched to my original Xbox One and the war horse had transformed into the standard brown horse. Forgot to enter my preorder code so I backed out and entered it but no dice and the War Horse isn’t available at the stable.

E: uninstalling and reinstalling the preorder pack did the trick! Blue rides again

mareep fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Oct 28, 2018

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

How do you mail a fish? I’ve gone two different post offices, fish in hand, and send mail is not an option. 18lbs sturgeon legendary fish too :/

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

GOTY (All Years)

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

This game would have benefitted from a UI pass, which feels kinda crazy given how much time and money was spent on it, but I really can't figure out people bumbling into having a price on their head let alone crashing their horse into people all the time. I've played for 20+ hours and I have yet to get a bounty from something I didn't mean to do.
'
edit: also even if you disagree with everything else the sky, clouds, lighting, and the score and the dynamic music are top notch.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

karma_coma posted:

How do you mail a fish? I’ve gone two different post offices, fish in hand, and send mail is not an option. 18lbs sturgeon legendary fish too :/

:stare:

I think I need to start a Twitter or a Tumblr or something and just aggregate out of context posts about RDR2.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Subtracting 5 points from my review score because I can’t take Klan robes as a trophy and display them as a warning in my camp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
What are the three icons in your camp by the way? One is medicine, the other food. But what is the third one supposed to be?